User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Should be all caught up for things I have links for.

Week Two of the "new new normal":

Plus some related news that isn't precisely deplatforming but of general interest at the bottom of the OP.
View Quote

Topher's Hit song "The Patriot", #1 on the Hip Hop chart, was purged from all online sales and streaming platforms after he performed in DC on January 6th.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I want both of these on the list.
View Quote

Here's the news item covering the Tor outage:
https://www.expressvpn.com/blog/tor-network-outage/
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:52:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks for the compilation, OP.
View Quote

Quoted:
Very nice . Thanks op
View Quote

Quoted:
Tagged. Thank you for compiling this.

Settle in, the next few months are going to keep you busy updating the list
View Quote

And others: Thanks.
I'm nowhere's close to capturing all the cancellations, so I'm just trying to keep up with the ones that come to hand quick or are household names and therefore worth the extra effort to track down.

As this continues, I'm going to eventually just start posting bare links.
It should now be clear to anyone that reads the thread that the silencing is real, widespread, and politically motivated vice "safety" motivated.
Movements to "build your own" are also silenced once they become well-known or big enough (witness Parler).

As you see more news, take screenshots and save pages (ctrl+s and select "Web page, complete") to your local computer.
Use youtube-dl to download videos (remember when that was deplatformed from Github not too long ago under false pretenses?)(At least it was reinstated).

They will eventually remove their own articles and deny any of this ever took place. It may take some time, but it happens every time. Save evidence.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:01:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Topher's Hit song "The Patriot", #1 on the Hip Hop chart, was purged from all online sales and streaming platforms after he performed in DC on January 6th.
View Quote

Jesus Christ. It may not be a law (yet), but the cultural exclusion is very 1933.
Added.

Quoted:

Here's the news item covering the Tor outage:
https://www.expressvpn.com/blog/tor-network-outage/
View Quote

Added.
Thank you both!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#5]
The gloves are off and a line has been drawn in the sand.........but what will freedom loving men and women do about it I wonder?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:36:12 PM EDT
[#6]
When you are on the take, you have to do what the CCP says...and it shows!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:29:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:37:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:45:47 PM EDT
[#9]
If they're putting the resources of 20,000+ soldiers in DC, can you imagine the resources they're putting in to monitoring this site?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:02:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:59:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Excellent work OP
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:03:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I think, If you're keeping track of "Cancel Culture", Alex Jones was one of the first and should be listed near the beginning.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:35:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#15]
OP, maybe add instances of FAILURE of tech companies to enforce their "Standards" equally.  Or another category.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Iran-threatens-Trump-on-Twitter-tweet-doesn-t-get-taken-down-/5-2418174/
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:15:48 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm a self-published author, and I suspect Amazon has quietly de-platformed me by preventing sales from going through. None of my work is political, but the timing is very suspect...

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:08:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:12:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Why is Big Tech afraid of free speech?  What do they have to hide?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:34:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Why is Big Tech afraid of free speech?  What do they have to hide?
View Quote

The lies they've told for so long?
Or just the more recent ones.
Maybe they're stuck in a purity spiral and can't get out easily.

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/meet-the-censored-status-coup
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:38:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

While quite humorous, there is a dark inkling of truth here that is going to need some reflection on.  This site has banned a lot of good members for their speech.  (Mods throw in whichever COC in their estimation fits their desire to ban.)  Whats the difference in what twitter/facebook has done and what Arfcom has done? Banned someone for unpopular speech?
View Quote

Yep, Gun forums have been banning the smarter folk who say unpopular truth.  My local forum- Migunowners, is nothing but a classified now and a few members who circle jerk. Glocktalk is doing the same, as is Survivalistboards. I became a member here because of Sylvan and rarely post because its just a business, we are just peasants served up ads. Outside of politics what happens when a poster leaves a deserved bad review for the gun companies who advertise here?

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:05:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Maybe Republicans need to build their own social platform to spread their message and quit trying to make the competition make it fair for everyone. Free market and all. Seems like republicans want to use the democrats channels and get upset when democrats kick them out of their club. I always hear how liberal and left wing face book and twit er are and republicans keep wanting face boook to change. They don’t need to change. Market decides they stay. Market decides people want face book and twit er to censor groups. MAKE SOMETHING NEW.
View Quote

Shareholders decide nothing in these companies comrade. It is not about making profit but spreading of power.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:08:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If they're putting the resources of 20,000+ soldiers in DC, can you imagine the resources they're putting in to monitoring this site?
View Quote

I keep waiting for the rotor sounds.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:52:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Alternative leftist live stream operation shut down. Too big a threat to on the ground MSM reporting. YT has disrupted live inerviews which plainly showed a couple of state capital demonstrations that did not live up to the negative propaganda. The site skews left and they got hit and have stopped live streaming due to YT warnings.

Article by Matt Taibbi, formerly of Rolling Stone. Now persona non gratis.

Meet the Censored: Status Coup: Link
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:09:07 AM EDT
[#26]

My Pillow guy is now banned from Twitter,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/01/26/mypillow-ceo-lindell-twitter-ban/
MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell banned by Twitter - The Washington Post

17 hours ago ... Twitter has banned MyPillow chief executive Mike Lindell for amplifying misinformation, the latest blow to the ally of former president Donald ...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:15:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

• Deutsche Bank and Signature Bank stop doing business with Trump and his company, close his personal accounts. Also mentioned, in passing, is that Signature will not do business with members of congress who "voted to disregard the electoral college", which is a funny way of phrasing it.
View Quote

so Signature plans on stop doing business with democratic Representative Alcee Hastings of Florida for 'voting to disregard the 2001 electoral college??

Democratic Representative Sheila Jackson Lee of Texas referred to the "millions of Americans who have been disenfranchised by Florida's inaccurate vote count." Democratic Representative Maxine Waters of California characterized Florida's electoral votes as "fraudulent."

Senator Barbara Boxer, Representative Stephanie Tubbs Jones, Representative Barbara Lee, Representative Jerrold Nadler???

in 2017 Representative Jim McGovern of Massachusetts 'voted to disregard the electoral college'

i mean fuck, Ms. Lee of California argued that Michigan's electoral votes should be thrown out because "people are horrified by the overwhelming evidence of Russian interference in our elections." She also cited "the malfunction of 87 voting machines."

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:21:20 AM EDT
[#28]
In case you haven’t noticed, many of these large corps are run by the same gaping ass commies that rigged the election.

There is a list in a link in some of my past posts, just search.

We are witnessing an attempt to turn US fascist.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Matrix got pull from google play store: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=25964226
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:49:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 9:38:43 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Matrix got pull from google play store: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=25964226

Quit spreading disinformation or malinformation or whatever https://thehill.com/policy/technology/536741-conservatives-claims-of-online-censorship-a-form-of-disinformation-report

Who are we going to believe, The Hill and the "New York University Stern Center for Business and Human Rights" or our own lying eyes?
Ah, christ. That report (and especially the excerpts from TheHill) are so damn blatantly false, I honestly don't know how to react to it.
Do real people read this kind of stuff and just completely fail to question it?

I read the report. It's maliciously constructed, straw men everywhere, deliberate misconstructions and misrepresentations of conservative claims, and a total failure to consider the actual claims in question.
It's a lot easier to say "there's no evidence" when you don't show the reader any evidence, and sometimes the reader's too slow to catch that.
Thin veneer of being "objective" over purely partisan bullshit to make it easier for the naive and unquestioning to swallow.
And bonus, if they repeat it often enough it'll become true!
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 9:43:16 AM EDT
[#33]
More discussion here:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/TheHill-Conservative-claims-of-censorship-is-a-form-of-disinformation/5-2421918/?

Facial recognition and
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Trump-supporter-flagged-with-facial-recognition-technology-at-airport-interrogated-by-DHS-FBI/5-2422427/

The responding Homeland Security officer informed Kurtbek that she was flagged with facial recognition technology as a participant in the domestic terrorist attack on the Capitol when radicals breached federal property.

Kurtbek explained that she did travel to Washington to attend the Jan. 6 pro-Trump rally, but she was nowhere near where the siege occurred. She questioned how it was possible that she was associated with the few extremists who stormed the Capitol building when the majority of rally-goers were peaceful and respectful.

"Are we as Americans no longer allowed the right to assemble?" Kurtbek wondered. "Have we ever been the land of the free or has it all been an illusion? Is that why Trump was so hated?"

After her initial shock, Kurtbek responded to the interview questions while the personnel searched her phone and scrutinized the photos stored on her device.

Kurtbek speculated that if the officer was not as reasonable, she could have been kept there for an indefinite period. "There would have been absolutely nothing I could have done," she suggested. "There is really no way to know what lengths they could have taken this."

"I had been flagged by my government as a potential domestic terrorist simply because I attended a rally in support of the president," Kurtbek said, reflecting on the situation. "Our rights as American citizens have been removed and the government is using this incident to intimidate those with differing views into compliance."

Her adult daughter was also detained and taken into another room, but she was not in the nation's capital for the protest. While Kurtbek has not flown since the duo's return home, her daughter has travelled twice for work. Even though she also has TSA PreCheck with clear access, she is still being targeted for screening every time she flies, Kurtbek reported.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:07:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Prior to the 6th, not sure of exact date, there was a Discord group with a pretty elaborate ride sharing network for the 6th.

All accounts that linked to it were banned.

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top