Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 13
Posted: 1/27/2021 10:24:04 AM EDT
This is crazy, looks like AMC is the next on the list.

**EDIT** they are going after wall street firms that are shorting almost 100% on the stock and making a killing doing it

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:25:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I wish I knew what all this meant.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:27:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Basically, the peons are sticking it to wall street using the same gambling mechanisms they use.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:28:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Basically, the peons are sticking it to wall street using the same gambling mechanisms they use.
View Quote

yep beating them at their game, love it
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:28:51 AM EDT
[#4]
haha....this is really awesome.

Normally institutional investing always fucked the retail investor. Now the retail investors are fucking the institutions.

What a time to be alive!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:29:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Please explain it like I'm 5.... also how does AMC play into this?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:30:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Just looked pre market amc is up like crazy
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:30:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
haha....this is really awesome.

Normally institutional investing always fucked the retail investor. Now the retail investors are fucking the institutions.

What a time to be alive!
View Quote

I hope they do this all year. Fucking the assholes that got bailed out and made most of the financial issues in the past 20 years is a big win
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:31:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do too.  I just wish I has an extra 50k laying around to get in on the action as well.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:33:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is good. Wish I got in on the action...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:43:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wall Street played a dangerous game, people found out, and made them hate life.

Basically, they agreed to sell stocks (at a later date) they didn't have and for the price before this all started.  Too many did this, to the point where the number exceeded the amount available. Reddit started buying up shares knowing Wall Street would have to buy them at market price, which is now insanely inflated, up over 1000% this month.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:02:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ride's not over yet fren, if you want to strap in

Look for the gamma squeeze which hasn't happened yet (at that point option prices will spike) to REALLY fuck shit up -- although it could be today, tomorrow, or next week. NO telling.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:03:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Wall Street played a dangerous game, people found out, and made them hate life.

Basically, they agreed to sell stocks (at a later date) they didn't have and for the price before this all started.  Too many did this, to the point where the number exceeded the amount available. Reddit started buying up shares knowing Wall Street would have to buy them at market price, which is now insanely inflated, up over 1000% this month.
View Quote

The history of wallstreet bets

The Absolute Chaos of r/Wallstreetbets

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:04:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Wallstreet shorted Gamestop for a quick buck, but people found out about it and started buying the stock en masse to inflate the value.  Short selling is insanely risky, because your losses have no floor.  You can theoretically lose and infinite amount of money during a short sale.  I approve of any draining of Wallstreet capital.  They profit on our woes and suffering on the daily and help fund the swamp.  Get rekt, kids.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#14]
When this all ends, the retail investors who bought it up will then be screwed.  They're always screwed.

ITS THE CIIIIIRCLE OF LIIIIIFFFFEEEE.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:10:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Somebody will be left holding the bag.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:13:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Somebody will be left holding the bag.
View Quote

If they cash out of Friday retail investors will make $$$ and wall street will bleed, which is a great thing
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:13:30 AM EDT
[#17]
AMC up 208% today...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:16:49 AM EDT
[#18]
I tried to jump on the AMC bandwagon, but Fidelity mysteriously having issues depositing EFT's for me this morning despite doing it hundreds of times without issue.... anyone else?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:18:55 AM EDT
[#19]
So what buy into AMC today and wait for the wave?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:20:07 AM EDT
[#20]
The banks won’t bleed.

They’re the ones driving the price up as they have to swing the other way to cover the losses on the short.

Many will get rich, but many retail investors don’t understand the game, can’t explain the Greeks, or options, short squeeze etc.. and will get burned.

The banks will always win, and when they don’t, they do because a bailout will save them.

This country, world in fact is ran by a bank. This is not q anon conspiracy.

What you’re seeing is people being enlightened to a certain aspect of the game.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:20:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Wave is already happening.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Wave is already happening.
View Quote

Price is $14.60 now per share. If it gets to $200+ like GME I wouldn't say the wave has happened yet. Or am I wrong?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:25:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still don’t get it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:25:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Has Emperor Xiden written an EO to prevent this?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

You make a bet dependent upon people not doing anything. People decide to do something. You lose bigly while they win bigly. AMC was what you thought people weren't going to do anything with, but you were wrong. The people decided to love AMC just to fuck you in the ass.

I think that's it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:30:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Countdown before trading is halted, banks are allowed to get out while they can, and their bailout is written into the next covid stimulus bill.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:31:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I still don’t get it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still don’t get it.

in a nut shell

A hedge fund (basically just some guys who can invest money into anything) borrowed shares of game stop from another investment company and then sold those shares to who ever wanted to buy them on the stock market. They did this, hoping the price of game stop would fall. Basically if they sold the shares at $20 a share, then the price fell to $10, they would have made $10 in profits.

Well, r/wallstreetbets saw this and decided just to start buying all the game stop stocks and options they could to drive the price up, law of supply and demand, in turn causing the hedgefund to lose money on the trade.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:32:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Countdown before trading is halted, banks are allowed to get out while they can, and their bailout is written into the next covid stimulus bill.
View Quote

Yeah, that's already happening. They've got most of us locked out already. I can't get onto my TD app right now. Been that way for nearly an hour.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:34:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

in a nut shell

A hedge fund (basically just some guys who can invest money into anything) borrowed shares of game stop from another investment company and then sold those shares to who ever wanted to buy them on the stock market. They did this, hoping the price of game stop would fall. Basically if they sold the shares at $20 a share, then the price fell to $10, they would have made $10 in profits.

Well, r/wallstreetbets saw this and decided just to start buying all the game stop stocks and options they could to drive the price up, law of supply and demand, in turn causing the hedgefund to lose money on the trade.
View Quote

Whats funny is its totally market manipulation but how the hell is the SEC going to monitor it?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:35:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I still don’t get it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still don’t get it.

I'm not sure I do either.  I just know that there are some creative rules being abused.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:36:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Wallstreet shorted Gamestop for a quick buck, but people found out about it and started buying the stock en masse to inflate the value.  Short selling is insanely risky, because your losses have no floor.  You can theoretically lose and infinite amount of money during a short sale.  I approve of any draining of Wallstreet capital.  They profit on our woes and suffering on the daily and help fund the swamp.  Get rekt, kids.
View Quote

Trading naked puts is insanely risky.

You can actually have a very conservative strategy of coupling puts with calls, so that if the stock moves against your put, you can cover it at only a slight loss vs the unlimited loss potential.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:37:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

in a nut shell

View Quote

You also need to add in that they did this so much that they lent out more shares than actually exist.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:38:13 AM EDT
[#33]
So what's up next after AMC?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:38:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Whats funny is its totally market manipulation but how the hell is the SEC going to monitor it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

in a nut shell

no such thing as market manipulation.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:38:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You can actually have a very conservative strategy of coupling puts with calls, so that if the stock moves against your put, you can cover it at only a slight loss vs the unlimited loss potential.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DO YOU EVEN IRON CONDOOR BRO
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:39:36 AM EDT
[#36]
This is how George Soros made his billions.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:39:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You also need to add in that they did this so much that they lent out more shares than actually exist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

in a nut shell

Well now that's a spicy meat ball. How TF you close a short in which you can't buy all the shares for?

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:40:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This is crazy, looks like AMC is the next on the list.

**EDIT** they are going after wall street firms that are shorting almost 100% on the stock and making a killing doing it

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/158920/gamestop_JPG-1798933.JPG
View Quote

I bought AMC last week.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:40:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This is how George Soros made his billions.
View Quote

Yes on the Thai Bot, but the other way around. He made his $$$ shorting the Boy during the Asian currency crisis. To the point, where he brought Thailand to it's knees.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:40:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Wall Street Elites Got CRUSHED May Lose BILLIONS As People Buy GameStop Stock To Destroy Hedge Funds

Tim Pool's vid on it from this morning.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:41:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm not sure I do either.  I just know that there are some creative rules being abused.
View Quote

You have a stock at $10 you think will go down.  

You take a loan out against that stock and immediately sell it.

After a year the stock is $7.50.

You buy the stock back and pay off the loan. Your profit is 2.50 minus any interest.

When a lot of folks buy something the price goes up.  Supply/demand like with our ammo situation.

Basically you bought 5.56 at 40 cents a round thinking it would get cheaper and you could buy it back later for your shoot in a year.

Except now 5.56 is 1.25 so now you have buy back at 85 cents higher.  You've "lost" 85 cents a round.

WSB rocket bros have driven gamestop to high levels to make it more expensive for people shorting the stock.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Well now that's a spicy meat ball. How TF you close a short in which you can't buy all the shares for?

View Quote

Naked shorts and fractional reserves

This is the reason the strategy is working so well, the found a share with ~140% of the float shorted and just hunkered down.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:44:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

no such thing as market manipulation.
View Quote

Gotcha!

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yeah, that's already happening. They've got most of us locked out already. I can't get onto my TD app right now. Been that way for nearly an hour.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ally took a shit too.  

shocking
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:45:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Is the massive dump a lot of blue chip style stocks are taking caused by finds having to sell positions to have cash to cover their short positions?

Cause....shit....lot of 5-7% drops on stocks with no materially bad news.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:48:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

But that costs extra money and eats into profit! Who would do such a thing?  I still think that the original market manipulation was shorting GME into oblivion during the past two years.  They got caught being too dumb and too greedy using the same strategy, with no hedge to escape that position.  

I can see the litigation printer going brrr on derivative actions as we speak.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:49:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Trading has been stopped once already. People are complainging about stoppages with certain brokers for certain things. Like you buy or sell stock but not options.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#48]
I wish I knew enough to get in on the gangbang.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:51:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

But that costs extra money and eats into profit! Who would do such a thing?  I still think that the original market manipulation was shorting GME into oblivion during the past two years.  They got caught being too dumb and too greedy using the same strategy, with no hedge to escape that position.  

I can see the litigation printer going brrr on derivative actions as we speak.
View Quote
135% of the stock was shorted in gamestop. Even if they decided to get out of the short posistion there wasn't enough stock changing hands to fill their oders. When/if all the shorts call it a day the stock is going to explode if they do it all at once. Supply and demand.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:51:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This is the reason the strategy is working so well, the found a share with ~140% of the float shorted and just hunkered down.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EcstaticJubilantBeetle-size_restricted.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EcstaticJubilantBeetle-size_restricted.gif

AMC is only at 53%.  That one is going to be a bit harder to cash in on.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top