Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 1/27/2021 7:12:01 PM EDT
Feds Arrest Twitter Troll Ricky Vaughn For Posting LOL Memes, Biden Administration Claims Subversive Election Interference Via Twitter

Well folks, for those few remaining Americans who did not accept we were entering the full Orwellian era, you can eliminate those remaining shreds of hope.  As unbelievable as it might sound federal authorities in the DOJ have arrested the person behind the Twitter Account “Ricky Vaughn” for posting memes against the interests of the U.S. government.

Let that sink in for a few minutes.

Literally all the guy did was post snarky memes poking fun of democrats and Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election…  However, the United States government has now claimed: “the defendant exploited a social media platform to infringe one the of most basic and sacred rights guaranteed by the Constitution: the right to vote.”

So what was 31-year-old Douglass Mackey’s (aka Ricky Vaughn), activity?  He posted a funny and snarky meme on Twitter:

DOJ – […] Mackey allegedly tweeted an image that featured an African American woman standing in front of an “African Americans for [Hillary]” sign. The image included the following text: “Avoid the Line. Vote from Home. Text ‘[Hillary]’ to 59925[.] Vote for [Hillary] and be a part of history.” The fine print at the bottom of the image stated: “Must be 18 or older to vote. One vote per person. Must be a legal citizen of the United States. Voting by text not available in Guam, Puerto Rico, Alaska or Hawaii. Paid for by [Hillary] for President 2016.”  The tweet included the typed hashtags “#Go [Hillary]” and another slogan frequently used by the Candidate.

You have to read the Press Release HERE and pick your jaw off the floor.

DOJ Press Release –  A Florida man was arrested this morning on charges of conspiring with others in advance of the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election to use various social media platforms to disseminate misinformation designed to deprive individuals of their constitutional right to vote.

Douglass Mackey, aka Ricky Vaughn, 31, of West Palm Beach, was charged by criminal complaint in the Eastern District of New York. He was taken into custody this morning in West Palm Beach and made his initial appearance before U.S. Magistrate Judge Bruce E. Reinhart of the Southern District of Florida.

“According to the allegations in the indictment, the defendant exploited a social media platform to infringe one the of most basic and sacred rights guaranteed by the Constitution: the right to vote,” said Nicholas L. McQuaid, Acting Assistant Attorney General of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division. “This indictment underscores the department’s commitment to investigating and prosecuting those who would undermine citizens’ voting rights.”

“There is no place in public discourse for lies and misinformation to defraud citizens of their right to vote,” said Seth D. DuCharme, Acting U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of New York. “With Mackey’s arrest, we serve notice that those who would subvert the democratic process in this manner cannot rely on the cloak of Internet anonymity to evade responsibility for their crimes. They will be investigated, caught and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.”

“Protecting every American citizen’s right to cast a legitimate vote is a key to the success of our republic,” said William F. Sweeney Jr., Assistant Director in Charge of the FBI’s New York Field Office. “What Mackey allegedly did to interfere with this process – by soliciting voters to cast their ballots via text – amounted to nothing short of vote theft. It is illegal behavior and contributes to the erosion of the public’s trust in our electoral processes. He may have been a powerful social media influencer at the time, but a quick Internet search of his name today will reveal an entirely different story.”

The complaint alleges that in 2016, Mackey established an audience on Twitter with approximately 58,000 followers. A February 2016 analysis by the MIT Media Lab ranked Mackey as the 107th most important influencer of the then-upcoming Election, ranking his account above outlets and individuals such as NBC News (#114), Stephen Colbert (#119) and Newt Gingrich (#141).

As alleged in the complaint, between September 2016 and November 2016, in the lead up to the Nov. 8, 2016, U.S. Presidential Election, Mackey conspired with others to use social media platforms, including Twitter, to disseminate fraudulent messages designed to encourage supporters of one of the presidential candidates (the “Candidate”) to “vote” via text message or social media, a legally invalid method of voting.  (read more)

Think about this folks…. It is demonstrably true the DOJ, FBI, CIA and aggregate United States intelligence apparatus use intentionally fraudulent evidence, created by government officials, to interfere in the 2016 election.  Candidate Donald Trump was put under surveillance and all of his campaign communications and transition team communication was collected -and weaponized, by the United States government to eliminate the candidate….  And no accountability was ever delivered for that action.

Meanwhile, a 31-year-old random Twitter user is charged with “Unlawfully Used Social Media to Deprive Individuals of Their Right to Vote.”

You just cannot make this stuff up.

The United States is quite literally becoming a totalitarian and ideological police state using the same tactics as communist China, Russia, the former communist Soviet Union and East German Stasi, to target subversives for posting memes against their interests.

Rubicon crossed.

Shark jumped.

This is jaw-dropping to contemplate.

Yes, the full weight of the federal government is using this one silly example to send a message to the current American citizenry that any ideological challenges, even words or pictures, against the interests of the federal government are grounds for you to be arrested.

Meanwhile back at FBI headquarters in Washington DC….

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2021/01/27/feds-arrest-twitter-troll-ricky-vaughn-for-posting-lol-memes-biden-administration-claims-subversive-election-interference-via-twitter/

So I guess the first amendment is no longer valid?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:13:40 PM EDT
[#1]
TL DR

Don't care.

Gonna me me.

Feels Good Man!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:14:29 PM EDT
[#2]
But if you ask some folks here, we can vote our way out of this!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:14:39 PM EDT
[#3]
That’s quite a stretch........ satire not legal ?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:15:16 PM EDT
[#4]
And we always thought the 2nd would be completely gutted before they went after the 1st.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That’s quite a stretch........ satire not legal ?
View Quote

These guys are gonna get rich.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:17:00 PM EDT
[#6]
When the Ministry of Truth meets the Ministry of Love
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:17:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:18:57 PM EDT
[#8]
For example, on Nov. 1, 2016, Mackey allegedly tweeted an image that featured an African American woman standing in front of an “African Americans for [the Candidate]” sign.  The image included the following text: “Avoid the Line. Vote from Home. Text ‘[Candidate’s first name]’ to 59925[.] Vote for [the Candidate] and be a part of history.”  The fine print at the bottom of the image stated: “Must be 18 or older to vote. One vote per person. Must be a legal citizen of the United States. Voting by text not available in Guam, Puerto Rico, Alaska or Hawaii. Paid for by [Candidate] for President 2016.”

The tweet included the typed hashtags “#Go [Candidate]” and another slogan frequently used by the Candidate. On or about and before Election Day 2016, at least 4,900 unique telephone numbers texted “[Candidate’s first name]” or some derivative to the 59925 text number, which was used in multiple deceptive campaign images tweeted by the defendant and his co-conspirators.
View Quote

A) that's pretty funny

B) didn't know that was "illegal"

C) gonna follow this case - I've seen feds turn down slam dunk gun cases because a body cam wasn't turned on - this is quite the fucking stretch
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:19:01 PM EDT
[#9]
And people wonder why I call the FBI the American KGB.....
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:19:13 PM EDT
[#10]
The Cunt Licks sure like throwing that  “sacred” word around.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:19:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I think my account was hacked when it posted all those Buggalo (boogerstew? whatever) memes....
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:19:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Doesn't pass the sniff test.

An obvious troll. It's unreasonable for anyone to believe that was legit.

They are definitely going after the 1st amendment rights of their political opponents.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#13]
For every one of these getting attention, there are two dozen that aren't.   The feds have been busy beavers; for some of it, they didn't even wait until Gropey was sworn in.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:20:21 PM EDT
[#14]
It's a good thing we're a lawless banana republic otherwise "Charged with Election Interference Stemming from Voter Disinformation Campaign" opens a nasty can of worms for the left.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:20:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh shit the Onion and Babylon Bee are fucked
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:21:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:21:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Dupe.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/DOJ-Charges-Social-Media-Influencer-with-2016-Election-Interference/5-2420209/
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:21:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
And people wonder why I call the FBI the American KGB.....
View Quote

I dont.  I've been calling those assholes the kgb for years.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Is your second amendment valid? How about your fourth?

Can anyone here cite the Ninth amendment?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:23:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The Cunt Licks sure like throwing that  “sacred” word around.
View Quote

Sacredism is purely the domain of religion. There is no part of government that is sacred.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:23:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:23:28 PM EDT
[#23]

If this sticks we are all fucked. I must have 8787 years in prison worth of memes on my phone.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:24:05 PM EDT
[#24]
So by that thought process are they going to arrest political satirists/cartoonists as well? How about the morning and night show hosts? I don't like most of them but I don't think they should be arrested. I mean as much as I detest Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon, Colbert and the ladies on the view, I don't even think they should be arrested. Why was this guy arrested?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:24:09 PM EDT
[#25]
It's hilarious some here would still lend credibility to the FBI and DOJ. They are the enforcement arm of the communist of the USA.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:24:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
One more step closer to inevitability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIRmcGHcYKA

A price which will be paid in... Someone's blood.
View Quote

In minecraft.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:27:27 PM EDT
[#27]
The conservative tree house?

Where on earth do you people find these obscure websites. Also have a feeling he is gonna get paid.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:32:08 PM EDT
[#28]
I just glanced over the first couple paragraphs.

What’s the the actual statute they charged this guy with?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:33:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If this sticks we are all fucked. I must have 8787 years in prison worth of memes on my phone.

View Quote

I'm probably looking at the death penalty that liberals will all of the sudden believe works as a crime deterent.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:36:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Where is the ACLU on this one?

Shit, even that old Commie hag Angela Merkel threw shade at the US for the silencing of alternative political points of view on social media.

You know you are way in the wrong when even the EU is saying "hey US, you aren't supposed to be silencing political critics like that".
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:36:47 PM EDT
[#31]
According to the DOJ, nearly 5,000 different phone numbers texted "[Candidate's first name]" to 59925, apparently thinking they were voting for said candidate. Prosecutors allege that this tweet violated and undermined their constitutional right to vote.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I just glanced over the first couple paragraphs.

What’s the the actual statute they charged this guy with?
View Quote

Here is the DOJ press release.....

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/social-media-influencer-charged-election-interference-stemming-voter-disinformation-campaign
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:37:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:37:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Feds Arrest Twitter Troll Ricky Vaughn For Posting LOL Memes, Biden Administration Claims Subversive Election Interference Via Twitter

Well folks, for those few remaining Americans who did not accept we were entering the full Orwellian era, you can eliminate those remaining shreds of hope.  As unbelievable as it might sound federal authorities in the DOJ have arrested the person behind the Twitter Account “Ricky Vaughn” for posting memes against the interests of the U.S. government.

Let that sink in for a few minutes.

Literally all the guy did was post snarky memes poking fun of democrats and Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election…  However, the United States government has now claimed: “the defendant exploited a social media platform to infringe one the of most basic and sacred rights guaranteed by the Constitution: the right to vote.”

So what was 31-year-old Douglass Mackey’s (aka Ricky Vaughn), activity?  He posted a funny and snarky meme on Twitter:

DOJ – […] Mackey allegedly tweeted an image that featured an African American woman standing in front of an “African Americans for [Hillary]” sign. The image included the following text: “Avoid the Line. Vote from Home. Text ‘[Hillary]’ to 59925[.] Vote for [Hillary] and be a part of history.” The fine print at the bottom of the image stated: “Must be 18 or older to vote. One vote per person. Must be a legal citizen of the United States. Voting by text not available in Guam, Puerto Rico, Alaska or Hawaii. Paid for by [Hillary] for President 2016.”  The tweet included the typed hashtags “#Go [Hillary]” and another slogan frequently used by the Candidate.

You have to read the Press Release HERE and pick your jaw off the floor.

DOJ Press Release –  A Florida man was arrested this morning on charges of conspiring with others in advance of the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election to use various social media platforms to disseminate misinformation designed to deprive individuals of their constitutional right to vote.

Douglass Mackey, aka Ricky Vaughn, 31, of West Palm Beach, was charged by criminal complaint in the Eastern District of New York. He was taken into custody this morning in West Palm Beach and made his initial appearance before U.S. Magistrate Judge Bruce E. Reinhart of the Southern District of Florida.

“According to the allegations in the indictment, the defendant exploited a social media platform to infringe one the of most basic and sacred rights guaranteed by the Constitution: the right to vote,” said Nicholas L. McQuaid, Acting Assistant Attorney General of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division. “This indictment underscores the department’s commitment to investigating and prosecuting those who would undermine citizens’ voting rights.”

“There is no place in public discourse for lies and misinformation to defraud citizens of their right to vote,” said Seth D. DuCharme, Acting U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of New York. “With Mackey’s arrest, we serve notice that those who would subvert the democratic process in this manner cannot rely on the cloak of Internet anonymity to evade responsibility for their crimes. They will be investigated, caught and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.”

“Protecting every American citizen’s right to cast a legitimate vote is a key to the success of our republic,” said William F. Sweeney Jr., Assistant Director in Charge of the FBI’s New York Field Office. “What Mackey allegedly did to interfere with this process – by soliciting voters to cast their ballots via text – amounted to nothing short of vote theft. It is illegal behavior and contributes to the erosion of the public’s trust in our electoral processes. He may have been a powerful social media influencer at the time, but a quick Internet search of his name today will reveal an entirely different story.”

The complaint alleges that in 2016, Mackey established an audience on Twitter with approximately 58,000 followers. A February 2016 analysis by the MIT Media Lab ranked Mackey as the 107th most important influencer of the then-upcoming Election, ranking his account above outlets and individuals such as NBC News (#114), Stephen Colbert (#119) and Newt Gingrich (#141).

As alleged in the complaint, between September 2016 and November 2016, in the lead up to the Nov. 8, 2016, U.S. Presidential Election, Mackey conspired with others to use social media platforms, including Twitter, to disseminate fraudulent messages designed to encourage supporters of one of the presidential candidates (the “Candidate”) to “vote” via text message or social media, a legally invalid method of voting.  (read more)

Think about this folks…. It is demonstrably true the DOJ, FBI, CIA and aggregate United States intelligence apparatus use intentionally fraudulent evidence, created by government officials, to interfere in the 2016 election.  Candidate Donald Trump was put under surveillance and all of his campaign communications and transition team communication was collected -and weaponized, by the United States government to eliminate the candidate….  And no accountability was ever delivered for that action.

Meanwhile, a 31-year-old random Twitter user is charged with “Unlawfully Used Social Media to Deprive Individuals of Their Right to Vote.”

You just cannot make this stuff up.

The United States is quite literally becoming a totalitarian and ideological police state using the same tactics as communist China, Russia, the former communist Soviet Union and East German Stasi, to target subversives for posting memes against their interests.

Rubicon crossed.

Shark jumped.

This is jaw-dropping to contemplate.

Yes, the full weight of the federal government is using this one silly example to send a message to the current American citizenry that any ideological challenges, even words or pictures, against the interests of the federal government are grounds for you to be arrested.

Meanwhile back at FBI headquarters in Washington DC….

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2021/01/27/feds-arrest-twitter-troll-ricky-vaughn-for-posting-lol-memes-biden-administration-claims-subversive-election-interference-via-twitter/

View Quote

You posted a wall of text instead of a poignant meme?

Wtf.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:37:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
And we always thought the 2nd would be completely gutted before they went after the 1st.
View Quote

I thought that....

Boy was I mistaken...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:38:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tasneemnashrulla/ricky-vaughn-twitter-troll-arrested-election-interference

The image is in this article. I don't get how it's "satire." It looks like the usual "election day has been changed" tricks to try to convince your opponents voters that the date, time or place for voting has been changed. Not surprised he was charged.
View Quote

So, it's now a criminal offense to lie about politically related things to change the outcome of an election.

Do they have any idea how slippery that slope is?  Or is this just another "we don't prosecute our side for violations so we don't care" type deal?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:38:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Not surprised he was charged.
View Quote
Four years later, for something that nobody has any right to be retarded enough to fall for?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:38:51 PM EDT
[#39]
So one meme is treason and the other is OK?  One I laughed at and the other offended me.  Where is the justice?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:39:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Four years later, for something that nobody has any right to be retarded enough to fall for?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not surprised he was charged.

Right?  They should be charging those 5000 for "felony stupidity"!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:40:40 PM EDT
[#41]
What is meta satire for $100, Alex.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:40:48 PM EDT
[#42]
-come on
-man
pick two
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:41:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm probably looking at the death penalty that liberals will all of the sudden believe works as a crime deterent.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Facing execution for memes seems like quite an incentive to cooperate with the authorities, doesn't it?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:41:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
When the Ministry of Truth meets the Ministry of Love
View Quote

That’s how you get to go to room 101.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:44:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
What is meta satire for $100, Alex.
View Quote

Are you aware that there are retarded people that also don't have fingers to use google that surf Twitter?

They can serf twitter without fingers, but not Google.

they identify as transhanded Googlers.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:45:34 PM EDT
[#47]
I don't think the charge will hold up in court.Satire and parody and the first amendment
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:47:45 PM EDT
[#48]
So, what's the charge when a sitting member of Congress encourages people to sign up for event tickets to a Political rally to take space away from people that otherwise would have liked to go?  Does that meet the new defenition of "election interference?  I believe that bimbo championed the cause on her twitter page
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:49:37 PM EDT
[#49]

Then suddenly, the FBI became interested in election interference and voter fraud.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:50:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tasneemnashrulla/ricky-vaughn-twitter-troll-arrested-election-interference

The image is in this article. I don't get how it's "satire." It looks like the usual "election day has been changed" tricks to try to convince your opponents voters that the date, time or place for voting has been changed. Not surprised he was charged.
View Quote

Really man?

You don’t see anything wrong here or you just aren’t surprised by it? Or you think there is a logical basis for the charges?

This was back in 2016 right, pre-covid.

I don’t know this guy or his stuff, and I’m not advocating for his POV, but this seems to be a bit more than a stretch by those fine people at doj.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top