Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:22:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Sven, it looks great, I like the attention to all the little details.

How much does the forend weigh?

BTW, I just got one of your Night Brakes set up on my AKM247, works great thanks a lot.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks.   I don't like to do "just good enough"  but rather like to try and go 110% when we design something.  

Weight for the upper and lower together is  5.9 ounces.  

By comparison the wooden "hotdog" handguard that comes on the gun is 5.0 ounces, so for 0.8 ounces increase you gain picatinny optic mounting, QD sling mount, and Keymod on five sides plus a handstop.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey Sven, it looks great, I like the attention to all the little details.

How much does the forend weigh?

BTW, I just got one of your Night Brakes set up on my AKM247, works great thanks a lot.

Thanks.   I don't like to do "just good enough"  but rather like to try and go 110% when we design something.  

Weight for the upper and lower together is  5.9 ounces.  

By comparison the wooden "hotdog" handguard that comes on the gun is 5.0 ounces, so for 0.8 ounces increase you gain picatinny optic mounting, QD sling mount, and Keymod on five sides plus a handstop.

So where can I buy one?

Az
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 4:33:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#5]
My M92 was approved on a Form 1, I just went to your website and the triangle stocks were back in stock.  Order placed and Stormwerkz hinge added as well.  I was going to buy a MidWest Industries handguard but I am going to wait until you guys release yours.  Thanks for the quality products you develop.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 11:40:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm glad I clicked on this.  I was about to pull the trigger on an MI rail handguard, but I think I'd be willing to wait for something like this for my M92.  Is the end the year out of the question on that do you think?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:09:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hopefully.  Just a matter of having time to design it and then machine time to run some of them.  Hang tight.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm glad I clicked on this.  I was about to pull the trigger on an MI rail handguard, but I think I'd be willing to wait for something like this for my M92.  Is the end the year out of the question on that do you think?

Hopefully.  Just a matter of having time to design it and then machine time to run some of them.  Hang tight.  

Sounds good.  I'll be the guy over there, waiting patiently.  Yeah, the one with money in his hand.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 3:24:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I decided to run this by the wife before hitting the submit button on my order and the stocks went back to back ordered.  She was on board with the purchase, any idea when they will be back in stock again?  I should have begged forgiveness rather than asking permission, that will teach me.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 3:28:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Plans for a M92 version?
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I decided to run this by the wife before hitting the submit button on my order and the stocks went back to back ordered.  She was on board with the purchase, any idea when they will be back in stock again?  I should have begged forgiveness rather than asking permission, that will teach me.
View Quote

The fact that you made a tactical blunder is nowhere near as important as the fact that it appears you have learned from it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:19:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Amazing! Well done....
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:39:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:49:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Sven,

Any update when your handguard for the Mini Draco will be available?  I currently have the handguard made by Midwest Industries on my Mini but really like what you have done better.

Thanks,
Dan
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:24:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#18]
well done sir, well fuckn done.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 5:11:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Can I haz this on an m92? (just saw your pg2 reply)

I love your designs but hate the entire 'arclok rails not included at twenty bucks a shot plus base cost' thing that keeps pushing me toward Midwest when I finally do pimp out my PAP.
At least you're giving us something to start with here on the top cover. Throw this on a PAP and i love you long time.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:18:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Can I haz this on an m92? (just saw your pg2 reply)

I love your designs but hate the entire 'arclok rails not included at twenty bucks a shot plus base cost' thing that keeps pushing me toward Midwest when I finally do pimp out my PAP.
At least you're giving us something to start with here on the top cover. Throw this on a PAP and i love you long time.
View Quote

I have the Midwest Industries on my Mini Draco and will be dumping it for one of these.  I don't like rails "all over" like on the MI.  Would rather have the option of adding "just" what I want, "where" I want and Sven's design does just that.  $10 for a rail, big wiff that's the cost of a two boxes of Ruski ammo.  The MI rail is also a little short for my taste and Manticore's rail has plenty of room for a vert grip and will keep my hand away from the muzzle device with the built in hand stop.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:40:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#22]
That's what I'm saying :-)

Unless you gouge the pricing, this version doesn't rape your wallet just for breathing the word "arc".
So throw it on the pap already, bro! ;-)
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:31:06 PM EDT
[#23]
I've been on the fence about whether or not to buy a Draco pistol for a "truck gun" type application. This thread may have sealed the deal.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Sven,
Apologies if someone has already asked in this thread and I missed it, but do you have a ballpark price for this?

Thanks,

Eric
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:05:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:43:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:37:40 AM EDT
[#27]
I like this. Is there any reason you could not add key mod slots to the upper area where you now have the 45 degree slots?
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:48:31 PM EDT
[#30]

Mocked up an SBR Mini Draco idea based on your handguard and with magpul Zhukovish stock.  This thing looks awesome.  I always wanted an ACR/G36C looking rifle in 7.62x39 and not be overly expensive.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:54:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:07:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/another48hrs/minidraco_idea_zpsplciosah.jpg

Mocked up an SBR Mini Draco idea based on your handguard and with magpul Zhukovish stock.  This thing looks awesome.  I always wanted an ACR/G36C looking rifle in 7.62x39 and not be overly expensive.
View Quote

the mini Draco and the folding magpul, are they compatible?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 3:08:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Out of the box,  no, but you can remove the rear pistol trunnion and replace it with a standard rear trunnion.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:47:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Out of the box,  no, but you can remove the rear pistol trunnion and replace it with a standard rear trunnion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For an established AK builder (not me) that shouldn't be an issue?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Yeah any ak builder can do the work for you
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 1:49:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Any ideas on how much longer until these are available?
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:36:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/another48hrs/minidraco_idea_zpsplciosah.jpg

View Quote

that looks pretty slick.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:36:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Thank you. I am looking forward to picking one up.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Mini Draco uppers are already at anodizing.   Mini Draco lowers have chips flying on the machines right now.

Extended forend uppers are done and sitting here (use the same ones as the standard ALFA rail upper).  Extended forend lowers are machined, and finishing the second component of the extdended forend lower this week.

Figure 30 days or less at this point.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any ideas on how much longer until these are available?

Mini Draco uppers are already at anodizing.   Mini Draco lowers have chips flying on the machines right now.

Extended forend uppers are done and sitting here (use the same ones as the standard ALFA rail upper).  Extended forend lowers are machined, and finishing the second component of the extdended forend lower this week.

Figure 30 days or less at this point.

Sorry to derail but any news on M92 rails?
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:10:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:09:23 PM EDT
[#43]
So how does it attach, similar to the MI? Currently have the MI but would like to pick up another mini.

(Sorry if you have posted how it attaches already)
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:46:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:02:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Just a quick update- Mini Draco the uppers are 100% done and the lowers are out for anodiize and laser engrave, and the full handguard upper and lower should be up for sale in the next 30 days.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Can these be modified by the end user to fit a micro draco? How does the lower attach to the pistol?
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 11:12:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm still waiting with baited breath to see the topic show up asking "So, who likes PAP M92's, Keymod, co-witness optics, and sexy lines?"

Can't some soon enough.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:36:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm still waiting with baited breath to see the topic show up asking "So, who likes PAP M92's, Keymod, co-witness optics, and sexy lines?"

Can't some soon enough.  
View Quote

I second this!
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:13:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It attached be inserting into the front of the receiver and by a bolt on the underside just like the original mini draco handguard, so unfortunately I do not believe it can be made to work on a micro draco, sorry.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just a quick update- Mini Draco the uppers are 100% done and the lowers are out for anodiize and laser engrave, and the full handguard upper and lower should be up for sale in the next 30 days.  

Sven
Manticore Arms

Can these be modified by the end user to fit a micro draco? How does the lower attach to the pistol?

It attached be inserting into the front of the receiver and by a bolt on the underside just like the original mini draco handguard, so unfortunately I do not believe it can be made to work on a micro draco, sorry.  

Sven,    Does it come with the screw that goes on the underside up front?  If not do you know the screw size, thread pitch and length?  I lost my screw a long time ago when I got rid of the hotdog bun handguard.
Page / 3
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top