Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 244
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:10:13 AM EDT
[#1]
So everyone that's on this magical RCA list ya'll are paying $250 for your BCG's  that just seems way over priced to me.

I got the $250 from their website. http://www.rubbercityarmory.com/scripts/order.asp
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:12:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So everyone that's on this magical RCA list ya'll are paying $250 for your BCG's  that just seems way over priced to me.

I got the $250 from their website. http://www.rubbercityarmory.com/scripts/order.asp

sooo......dont buy it
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has i believe 3 instock since i just bought one

It says OOS still but you can purchase them through payapal. From Sam at Tactical Toolbox directly:
"I found some yahoo that ordered 4 and for $189 ea.  so I nuked it, as promised on my website."....i wonder who that was lol!

http://www.thetacticaltoolbox.com/AR15-Bolts-Charging-Handles.html

Hi.  Are these quality BCG's?

Specs:
HP/MPI Bolt
M16 bolt carrier
properly staked gas key
Microslick all parts

These are "sport" BCGs only because the bolt itself isn't exact Mil-Spec material. It doesn't have the "big mac" steel. It's properly hardened steel that simulates or approximates the properties found in Carpenter 158 (which is the Carpenter brand of steels, a product like big mac or whopper). Functionally, it is no different than Carpenter 158. I am 100% guaranteeing the functionality of these BCGs. I have them in about four of my personal rifles already (same source) and have used them for probably 2-3k out of one rifle and the rest have 300-1,000 on them each. I have no issues with guaranteeing them.

im guessing its 9000 series steel if it is suppossed to be exactly like carpenter 158, which alot of other companies use

Hi DHWreckage.  What do you mean by that you personally are guaranteeing these BCG's?  Do you work for STS Arms?  Your post earlier looked more like you were a customer who just bought a BCG?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:14:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

sooo......dont buy it

What I was trying to ask really is did the people on this list maybe get them cheaper and they are now $250 or is that what everyone is paying?

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It says OOS still but you can purchase them through payapal. From Sam at Tactical Toolbox directly:
"I found some yahoo that ordered 4 and for $189 ea.  so I nuked it, as promised on my website."....i wonder who that was lol!

Yeah that was me. I clicked "add to cart" and it showed 4 in the cart at $189. I guess that makes me a yahoo, as opposed to it being a crappy web site. Those are WAY overpriced people.

If you think about it its not really over priced for the current climate, if RCA's and other Ni-B coated ones are going for 250+ Microslik is a boron nitride coating that is just as good if not better than Ni-B!

Is that why it was $189 in February? They sold out really fast and thought "man we could jack these prices up and still sell out". Still a good product, but they are overpriced.  If I wanted to pay "current climate" prices I'd go to gunbroker.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:16:16 AM EDT
[#6]

These are "sport" BCGs only because the bolt itself isn't exact Mil-Spec material. It doesn't have the "big mac" steel. It's properly hardened steel that simulates or approximates the properties found in Carpenter 158 (which is the Carpenter brand of steels, a product like big mac or whopper). Functionally, it is no different than Carpenter 158. I am 100% guaranteeing the functionality of these BCGs. I have them in about four of my personal rifles already (same source) and have used them for probably 2-3k out of one rifle and the rest have 300-1,000 on them each. I have no issues with guaranteeing them.

im guessing its 9000 series steel if it is suppossed to be exactly like carpenter 158, which alot of other companies use

What do you mean by it is not Mil-Spec?  I thought all BCG's had to be Mil-Spec in order for them to work?   So are you saying that most BCG's are Mil-Spec and this one is not, or is it just really common for BCG's to not be mil-spec like this?  This is my first BCG purchase, and it is for my first AR-15 build, so I'm just concerned since I'm a little ignorant on them.  Thanks for your help.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:17:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

sooo......dont buy it

What I was trying to ask really is did the people on this list maybe get them cheaper and they are now $250 or is that what everyone is paying?

everyone, AFAIK paid that ($250)
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:24:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I emailed RCA early in March to find out HOW to pre-order from them.  Then did as I was told and sent an email with my information...

Didn't receive an order confirmation or anything yet, but I'll stick it out and see if they charge/ship today.  (fingers crossed)
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:24:56 AM EDT
[#9]
This must be another slow day.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:26:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I emailed RCA early in March to find out HOW to pre-order from them.  Then did as I was told and sent an email with my information...

Didn't receive an order confirmation or anything yet, but I'll stick it out and see if they charge/ship today.  (fingers crossed)

I just got my notice a few minutes ago, I think they are still trying to get through the list of people.  Something along the lines of 250 or so, if you called and gave them your CC and billing info within the last couple of weeks you should probably get your notice soon.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:26:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What do you mean by it is not Mil-Spec?  I thought all BCG's had to be Mil-Spec in order for them to work?   So are you saying that most BCG's are Mil-Spec and this one is not, or is it just really common for BCG's to not be mil-spec like this?  This is my first BCG purchase, and it is for my first AR-15 build, so I'm just concerned since I'm a little ignorant on them.  Thanks for your help.

I got that from ARchatterbox, that is not me guaranteeing the bolt
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

sooo......dont buy it

$250 plus shipping, well worth the cost if it's as quality as people say it is on here and the fact that I don't have to watch web sites hoping to snag one somewhere that happens to be in stock.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:29:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No, it just means that it isn't made the exact way that is in the specifications. For example, if you were making bread and the recipe said use "Arm & Hammer" brand baking powder, but you used some other brand, its really not going to matter.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:37:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that was me. I clicked "add to cart" and it showed 4 in the cart at $189. I guess that makes me a yahoo, as opposed to it being a crappy web site. Those are WAY overpriced people.

If you think about it its not really over priced for the current climate, if RCA's and other Ni-B coated ones are going for 250+ Microslik is a boron nitride coating that is just as good if not better than Ni-B!

Is that why it was $189 in February? They sold out really fast and thought "man we could jack these prices up and still sell out". Still a good product, but they are overpriced.  If I wanted to pay "current climate" prices I'd go to gunbroker.

LOL Gunbroker BCG's are going for 300+ for just phospahte finished i would never subject my wallet to that kind of abuse where as 225 for a good quality BCG with an Excellent coating that rivals Nickel-Boron BCG's which members here are paying 250 for all day, i have no problem with especially due to the shortage we are seeing! just my 2 cents if you dont want to pay that much more power too you but i didnt want a regularer phosphate mang coating or hard chrome so BCG's coated with  microslik and Ni-B where really the only 2 i was looking at! Note these are the same price as BCM BCG's aswell!
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:41:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it just means that it isn't made the exact way that is in the specifications. For example, if you were making bread and the recipe said use "Arm & Hammer" brand baking powder, but you used some other brand, its really not going to matter.

OK, thanks.  But it sounds like you're saying that these BCM's are a little unusual though, because most BCM's do use the  carpenter 158, correct?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:44:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL Gunbroker BCG's are going for 300+ for just phospahte finished i would never subject my wallet to that kind of abuse where as 225 for a good quality BCG with an Excellent coating that rivals Nickel-Boron BCG's which members here are paying 250 for all day, i have no problem with especially due to the shortage we are seeing! just my 2 cents if you dont want to pay that much more power too you but i didnt want a regularer phosphate mang coating or hard chrome so BCG's coated with  microslik and Ni-B where really the only 2 i was looking at! Note these are the same price as BCM BCG's aswell!

No they're not. Les Baers are going for around $270. You can get a phosphate for slightly over $200. Demand is slowing down on the gouge market. And where do you come up with that microslik is as good or better than Ni-b?

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:46:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, thanks.  But it sounds like you're saying that these BCM's are a little unusual though, because most BCM's do use the  carpenter 158, correct?

some not all, the steel used is pretty much exactly the same as carpenter 158, so in essence it should not matter at all. All he is doing is being transparent where as the carrier is the exact milspec material used the bolt is not it is a similar metal that mimics the carpenter 158's characteristics. If you dont feel comfortable with it dont get it, its as simple as that! I have done plenty of research and feel fine buying them on the other hand.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:48:11 AM EDT
[#18]

I was able to snag one just now together with a RRA National Match 2 stage trigger.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

From ARChatterbox direct quote from The Tactical Toolbox:
"Specs:
HP/MPI Bolt
M16 bolt carrier
properly staked gas key
Microslick all parts

These are "sport" BCGs only because the bolt itself isn't exact Mil-Spec material. It doesn't have the "big mac" steel. It's properly hardened steel that simulates or approximates the properties found in Carpenter 158 (which is the Carpenter brand of steels, a product like big mac or whopper). Functionally, it is no different than Carpenter 158. I am 100% guaranteeing the functionality of these BCGs. I have them in about four of my personal rifles already (same source) and have used them for probably 2-3k out of one rifle and the rest have 300-1,000 on them each. I have no issues with guaranteeing them."

What you left off from this is that the original price of these was $149...SHIPPED!

http://ar15chatterbox.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=7382
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#20]
RRA @ PK gone...

Damn.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:54:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No they're not. Les Baers are going for around $270. You can get a phosphate for slightly over $200. Demand is slowing down on the gouge market. And where do you come up with that microslik is as good or better than Ni-b?

ive seen some no name phosphate finished BCG that had ending price of 260 last week, which is insane! and i did my research on microslik its is a boron nitride finish if you want to read about it here ya go:http://microplating.com/composite-nickel/microslik-boron-nitride/ also there are plenty of reviews about it around the web just search microslik!
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:55:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Just got my order receipt for my RCA order.    I placed the order on 3/14 via phone.

So excited!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

sooo......dont buy it

$250 plus shipping, well worth the cost if it's as quality as people say it is on here and the fact that I don't have to watch web sites hoping to snag one somewhere that happens to be in stock.

I was able to get Chris on the phone first try this morning and confirmed I was on the list for the batch they just received.  He sounded like he was running around like a chicken with his head cut off, but he was working on getting orders out.  $250+shipping for their BCG is a fantastic price considering the market and the quality.  Very excited to get my BCGs!!!

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:02:06 AM EDT
[#24]
still waiting on RCA confirmation email, fingers crossed. will update so others may know
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:08:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Just spoke to Chris at RCA.  He said the pre-order process has been a cluster and they won't be doing that again.  Said to keep and eye on website and Facebook as they may have some extra's next week depending on what inventory they send to their vendors.

Said for the next round in mid April they will just be selling them on the website and won't be taking pre-orders.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:08:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

ive seen some no name phosphate finished BCG that had ending price of 260 last week, which is insane! and i did my research on microslik its is a boron nitride finish if you want to read about it here ya go:http://microplating.com/composite-nickel/microslik-boron-nitride/ also there are plenty of reviews about it around the web just search microslik!

Yeah, maybe one idiot paid that, but that's not the average selling price. Go try to sell one of these microsliks on gunbroker and come back and let us know what you got. You'd be lucky to get over $250. Just look at this:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=333127403

Ni-B. No bids. $279. End in 40 minutes.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Just got my order confirmation and payment confirmation from RCA!!!!  Order placed over the phone on 3/6!!!!  Can't wait!!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:41:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, maybe one idiot paid that, but that's not the average selling price. Go try to sell one of these microsliks on gunbroker and come back and let us know what you got. You'd be lucky to get over $250. Just look at this:

Just sold for $295  people are sheep

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:46:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sold for $295  people are sheep

yeah, probably because I posted that in here. That seller has one left if any other sheep want one.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:48:05 AM EDT
[#30]
mmmm speaking of Nickel Boron I can't wait to see what my Springfield 1911 will look like when it comes back from WMD for complete coating.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You should be good to go. I was in the same boat as you and started wondering when everyone else was getting confirmation calls or emails. I emailed Chris and he said I was on the list for this go round. If you gave them your payment/billing info and shipping info before they wot contact you until shipping confirmation from what I understand.
I'm stoked to get mine. A little pricey but I've saved a load of time not having to scour the web and the BCG's themselves seem to be awesome. I've used several weapons that have had the black nitride treatment and it really is a badass coating/treatment.
Truly mil spec components + black nitride + a Lil Slip EWL = win in my book.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 12:07:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
mmmm speaking of Nickel Boron I can't wait to see what my Springfield 1911 will look like when it comes back from WMD for complete coating.

Probly like my RIA

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 12:28:32 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Just got my order confirmation and payment confirmation from RCA!!!!  Order placed over the phone on 3/6!!!!  Can't wait!!!

ordered 3/2 and nothing yet..

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm going to send them my XDS barrel and a lower parts kit to get coated here soon. I'm sure once i see it ill end up sending more.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 1:03:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't worry, the email is coming.  Apparently they are working like crazy to get the orders processed, I imagine they are keying in the information one at a time at a POS terminal while someone else sends out the email/gets them packaged for shipment.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 1:13:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't worry, the email is coming.  Apparently they are working like crazy to get the orders processed, I imagine they are keying in the information one at a time at a POS terminal while someone else sends out the email/gets them packaged for shipment.

Same here. Ordered thurs by phone. Assured I was gtg so if not today I'm sure we will get something by tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#37]
If it makes you feel better I hear chris is doing orders in alphabetical order. I called at 3pm and he was on l-n pile. Rest assured if he said your on the list. Your on the list.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I actually just talked to Sam at Tactical solutions and he said all parts on his Microsliked BCG's are milspec, the metals and the testing methods. so they should be carpenter 158 bolts, that description i posted earlier was from almost a year ago i believe so these should be good to go. Regardless im just finally happy i finally finished my build!
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 1:30:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
If it makes you feel better I hear chris is doing orders in alphabetical order. I called at 3pm and he was on l-n pile. Rest assured if he said your on the list. Your on the list.

By first name or last name?! I knew I should have placed my order under my forum name!
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 1:31:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yeah let's hope they have enough stock for the orders. So Zack Zimmerman, you are probably f'cked.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 1:37:59 PM EDT
[#41]
I believe last name
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#42]
I got charged for my RCA this morning.  First name starts with "B" and last name with "A".  Thanks MOM
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 1:39:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah let's hope they have enough stock for the orders. So Zack Zimmerman, you are probably f'cked.

I am changing my name to Aaron Appleseed
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 1:40:01 PM EDT
[#44]
i should be very close then..
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 1:51:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Got my order confirmation from FailZero today, one M16 NiB BCG for $225 plus $10 shipping.  Now I just have to wait.  Still looking for the lower, all other parts are now in hand or confirmed for shipment.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 1:55:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Got my order confirmation from FailZero today, one M16 NiB BCG for $225 plus $10 shipping.  Now I just have to wait.  Still looking for the lower, all other parts are now in hand or confirmed for shipment.

How long ago did you order it?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:30:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

AeroPrecision has lowers in stock for $200.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:36:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Man, I really hope some WMD's come in stock somewhere. I just need one!
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:41:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

How much were they from wmd website, the full auto NiB bcg?  Curious on how much of an increase they are on EE, not that that's a bad thing just wondering. I may end up just getting one off EE
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:43:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much were they from wmd website, the full auto NiB bcg?  Curious on how much of an increase they are on EE, not that that's a bad thing just wondering. I may end up just getting one off EE

220-230 or so

Plus the aggrivation of having to cancel your credit card of course

Page / 244
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top