Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 244
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:00:54 PM EDT
[#1]
OOS
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:09:51 PM EDT
[#2]
It was a good price given the market... I'd choose a chrome RRA over a normal finish BCG for that price.... Worst case you could trade someone that got one of those magical BCM marked BCGs.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:12:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Let's me add one to the cart- In stock I guess..I don't need one :)

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:14:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

OOS, it will let you add it to the cart but not go completely through the check out process.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

OOS, it will let you add it to the cart but not go completely through the check out process.

aww shit. Sorry 'bout that..I didn't try to check out..I was more curious than anything.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:23:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Bummer I missed the PK RRA, I purchased a RRA lower from them at a great price. Awesome shipping time too. Got it within the week.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 10:25:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bummer I missed the PK RRA, I purchased a RRA lower from them at a great price. Awesome shipping time too. Got it within the week.

Same here. Very happy with pk
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 1:18:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Just checked and they're back in stock!!  ...I didn't order one though since I don't actually need one and don't want to feed the panic buying, but it's damn tempting.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 1:41:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Nope, look 3 posts up. While it says in stock when you try and checkout it tells you inventory error.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:59:40 AM EDT
[#10]
It's been several years since my last build, and I'm curious, what SHOULD the going rate be for a BCG assembly?  I'm not talking about an already expensive nickle plated one, just your average run of the mill quality BCG.  Also, that one at PK will let you add it to your cart, but won't let you check out. Says it's OOS.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:35:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's been several years since my last build, and I'm curious, what SHOULD the going rate be for a BCG assembly?  I'm not talking about an already expensive nickle plated one, just your average run of the mill quality BCG.  Also, that one at PK will let you add it to your cart, but won't let you check out. Says it's OOS.

People will say Pre-Panic the going rate should be approximately $150-180 for a quality BCG. Now we live in a seller's market so the going rate is what the demand saturated market will allow.

Even today, considering the reputation and quality, I would say BCM, RCA, and Young's are NOT overpriced. But that is my opinion. You are buying one of the most key parts of the rifle.....especially if I'm building a patrol rifle, I want this part to be quality.

With that said, I would never buy a BCG for over $300.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:04:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quality BCGs were $150 easily prepanic unless your looking at chrome or NiB.
My BCM was like $140
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:22:11 AM EDT
[#13]
PSA had their Logo'd BCG's for $89 and charging handles for $10... with free shipping last "Black Friday" sale.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:24:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quality BCGs were $150 easily prepanic unless your looking at chrome or NiB.
My BCM was like $140

Yep, I have a BCM I purchased for $140 and a few LMT BCG's I got for $129.  All are FA BCG's.  Would love to have the opportunity to get my hands on some LMT's again.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:26:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Those sound like a little better prices.  I didn't mean to get this thread "off topic" since it's for in stock BCGs.  Don't want the forum nazis showing up and spanking us. Thanks for the info, just have to get a BCG and upper for my latest build.  *watching this thread all day.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:33:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Those sound like a little better prices.  I didn't mean to get this thread "off topic" since it's for in stock BCGs.  Don't want the forum nazis showing up and spanking us. Thanks for the info, just have to get a BCG and upper for my latest build.  *watching this thread all day.

PSA had some in stock for a few minutes a week or so ago at $179, but good luck trying to get an order through on their website when they get listed in stock again.  You probably would have better luck winning the Powerball jackpot. These companies servers just can't handle the traffic when things are listed as being "in-stock".
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:38:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:43:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
PK has some in stock... http://pkfirearms.com/Bolt_Assemblies/26/c

Read the previous posts about that. it shows in stock but when you checkout it tells you it's out of stock.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:44:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Every time I try to get one it tells me OOS
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:09:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
PK has some in stock... http://pkfirearms.com/Bolt_Assemblies/26/c

Definitely OOS. Also it says its an M16 carrier, but the picture is clearly an AR15 semi style carrier.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:20:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Bownells just sold out of a JP in 4 mins...
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:03:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Stainless bolt carrier Brownells

Nevermind. Gone already
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:06:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Nevermind. Gone already

OOS
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:10:08 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nevermind. Gone already

OOS
If you go to the Sinclair Link they are still In Stock.

ETA:

http://www.sinclairintl.com/gun-parts-tools-accessories/firearm-parts/ar-15-parts/bolt-carrier-assembly-parts/jp-enterprises-stainless-bolt-carrier-prod38158.aspx

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:22:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Nevermind. Gone already

OOS

ETA:
http://www.sinclairintl.com/gun-parts-tools-accessories/firearm-parts/ar-15-parts/bolt-carrier-assembly-parts/jp-enterprises-stainless-bolt-carrier-prod38158.aspx

Hey, I got one, thanks!

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:24:41 AM EDT
[#26]
And they're gone.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:25:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Nevermind. Gone already

OOS

ETA:

Hey, I got one, thanks!

Damn, I didn't realize this is only the carrier?  I am going to cancel my order so whoever wants one stand by for it to pop back up as available.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:27:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Those JP Bolt Carriers are pretty pricey for just a carrier.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:28:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

There's no special coating on them, and the bolt is just as hard to get as the entire group so I'm with you on that.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:31:52 AM EDT
[#30]

Hey, I got one, thanks!

Damn, I didn't realize this is only the carrier?  I am going to cancel my order so whoever wants one stand by for it to pop back up as available.

They cancelled my order anyway because they didn't have it in stock to fill it, even though they let my order process.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:35:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's no special coating on them, and the bolt is just as hard to get as the entire group so I'm with you on that.

"You may be wondering why our stainless carriers appear black. This is due to a new state of the art surface finish for stainless called QPQ (Quench, Polish, Quench). This is a five-step process resulting in a rock hard surface with natural lubricity."
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:38:19 AM EDT
[#32]
i jusr recieved an email from RCA showing my order status as paid. no phone call or previous contact since i sent the email with my CC info on the 1st.

the jp carriers have their QPQ finish IIRC.

"You may be wondering why our stainless carriers appear black. This is due to a new state of the art surface finish for stainless called QPQ (Quench, Polish, Quench). This is a five-step process resulting in a rock hard surface with natural lubricity"

http://www.jprifles.com/1.4.7_bc.php
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:40:41 AM EDT
[#33]
with natural lubricity.[/quote]

Really?  So this isn't just a bunch of hype?

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:48:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
with natural lubricity.

Really?  So this isn't just a bunch of hype?

I've read reviews of the RCA BCG where people have fired it without lube, so it seems to stand up.  Not sure if that's the same type of coating that this bolt has though.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:55:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Rock River Arms Chrome M16 BCG $200
http://www.pkfirearms.com/Bolt_Assemblies/26/c#arpf1706#arpartsfinder
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:56:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Rock River Arms Chrome M16 BCG $200
http://www.pkfirearms.com/Bolt_Assemblies/26/c#arpf1706#arpartsfinder

These are OOS, try checking out
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:15:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
i jusr recieved an email from RCA showing my order status as paid. no phone call or previous contact since i sent the email with my CC info on the 1st.

For what it's worth, I called my CC info in on 3/5 and was assured I was on the list for this week's batch.  The charge hasn't hit my card yet and I haven't received any follow up info (email/call) since.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:38:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Nevermind. Gone already

OOS

ETA:

Says OOS/Backorder now.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Has i believe 3 instock since i just bought one

It says OOS still but you can purchase them through payapal. From Sam at Tactical Toolbox directly:
"I found some yahoo that ordered 4 and for $189 ea.  so I nuked it, as promised on my website."....i wonder who that was lol!

http://www.thetacticaltoolbox.com/AR15-Bolts-Charging-Handles.html
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:53:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

For what it's worth, I called my CC info in on 3/5 and was assured I was on the list for this week's batch.  The charge hasn't hit my card yet and I haven't received any follow up info (email/call) since.

I take that back, just got a 'Paid' notification and receipt from RCA.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:55:46 AM EDT
[#41]
They guys at RCA are straight forward, if you call in order and they say you are set I would not worry about a thing.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:59:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It says OOS still but you can purchase them through payapal. From Sam at Tactical Toolbox directly:
"I found some yahoo that ordered 4 and for $189 ea.  so I nuked it, as promised on my website."....i wonder who that was lol!

Hi.  Are these quality BCG's?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 9:08:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
They guys at RCA are straight forward, if you call in order and they say you are set I would not worry about a thing.

i was just assuming that no call meant we missed this batch is all. now im giddy as this is my first AR the BCG was the last bit i needed to finish it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 9:35:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yeah that was me. I clicked "add to cart" and it showed 4 in the cart at $189. I guess that makes me a yahoo, as opposed to it being a crappy web site. Those are WAY overpriced people.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 9:43:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

i was just assuming that no call meant we missed this batch is all. now im giddy as this is my first AR the BCG was the last bit i needed to finish it.

I talked to Chris Thursday and gave my info. I havnt received a paid notice but I thought it might take them a couple days to get through all the orders.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#46]
I also received notification of charge and shipping from RCA. At least they're aticking to their revised schedule. Original shipping date was supposed to be the 15th, which was revised to the 18th. A three day delay is within acceptable tolerances.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 9:52:22 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm just curious. Maybe somebody with experience in the area can chime in. Why is it better to do preorders like RCA did rather than just get them in,put them on the website and watch them sell in 10 min? Seems like the latter would be easier. No emails,phone calls etc. it seems like the preorder thing is harder for them. I know there's probably a good answer and ill look like a fool but I'm just missing it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 9:52:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi.  Are these quality BCG's?

From ARChatterbox direct quote from The Tactical Toolbox:
"Specs:
HP/MPI Bolt
M16 bolt carrier
properly staked gas key
Microslick all parts

These are "sport" BCGs only because the bolt itself isn't exact Mil-Spec material. It doesn't have the "big mac" steel. It's properly hardened steel that simulates or approximates the properties found in Carpenter 158 (which is the Carpenter brand of steels, a product like big mac or whopper). Functionally, it is no different than Carpenter 158. I am 100% guaranteeing the functionality of these BCGs. I have them in about four of my personal rifles already (same source) and have used them for probably 2-3k out of one rifle and the rest have 300-1,000 on them each. I have no issues with guaranteeing them."

im guessing its 9000 series steel if it is suppossed to be exactly like carpenter 158, which alot of other companies use
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:06:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that was me. I clicked "add to cart" and it showed 4 in the cart at $189. I guess that makes me a yahoo, as opposed to it being a crappy web site. Those are WAY overpriced people.

If you think about it its not really over priced for the current climate, if RCA's and other Ni-B coated ones are going for 250+ Microslik is a boron nitride coating that is just as good if not better than Ni-B!
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:07:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi, I don't know much about STS Arms.  Are these really overpriced?  Does anyone have any experience as to the quality of these BCG's?  For example, are these worse than the nickel baron BCG's?  Thanks for your help!
Page / 244
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top