Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:21:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you responsible for every round that leaves the barrel?

Are you committed to shooting two rounds every time you pull the trigger regardless of what's going on down range?

Stupid shit.
View Quote

If it's not safe to fire two rounds, how is it safe to fire one? The second round fires within a tenth of a second of the first one.  Nothing changes down range in a tenth of a second.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 2:12:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
does your MG fire again after you release the trigger?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you hold down a mg trigger while you point it at things you don't intend to destroy?
does your MG fire again after you release the trigger?

So this!

I don't know about you guys, but when I pull the trigger I sometimes don't release it until days later. By then I could be asleep in my bed, at work, or dropping my children off at school. You never know where that second round could go!

Won't somebody think of the children!
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a slidefire. The franklin Armory seems cool too bad they are illegal here, ND has almost no state gun laws, but the one they do have bans binary triggers too many fudds in this state.

So no binary triggers, but I can have full autos and grenades
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:26:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Lol. Very obvious who owns or has owned a binary trigger vs those who love to use Fudd talking points.

Get one. They are tons of fun. I have the echo and owned the BFS II.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:40:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Franklin Gen3  comes with a much stiffer spring in the kit.  There is a video of Franklin Arsenal Gen3 shooting faster than a full auto M4.  Machinegungirl or something like that.  ETA here it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcLGRZfX5C0
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It also seems to be open to hammer follow
The key is to keep cycle speed of the carrier faster than cycle speed of your hammer. A little extra spring and a little extra gas or less carrier mass and you can't outrun it if you want to.

Franklin Gen3  comes with a much stiffer spring in the kit.  There is a video of Franklin Arsenal Gen3 shooting faster than a full auto M4.  Machinegungirl or something like that.  ETA here it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcLGRZfX5C0

Something's wrong with that M4, should be in the 700-900 rpm range, it was shooting around 600.  Last I checked my M16 shot over 1000 rpm when suppressed.

If you get one go with the echo, the catch that prevents hammer follow is important.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Something's wrong with that M4, should be in the 700-900 rpm range, it was shooting around 600.  Last I checked my M16 shot over 1000 rpm when suppressed.

If you get one go with the echo, the catch that prevents hammer follow is important.
View Quote
I think the full auto was running a H3 or rate reducing buffer. It was definitely on the slow side.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 5:02:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Lol. Very obvious who owns or has owned a binary trigger vs those who love to use Fudd talking points.

Get one. They are tons of fun. I have the echo and owned the BFS II.
View Quote

Shipping confirmation email yesterday!  
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 5:45:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Shipping confirmation email yesterday!  
View Quote

Where did you end up getting it from?
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 8:31:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Where did you end up getting it from?
View Quote

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112271178162?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Another seller with zero feedback had 5 listed for $380 but either sold out or auction was yanked.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:51:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You obviously don't know what your talking about.

Binary triggers are very easy to control and behave on target like machine guns. That means if your any good you will have no problem keeping all your rounds on target at a high rate of fire. If you don't have much experience with machine guns then you will probably have to work on your stance a bit but with a little trigger time it's not hard to control.
View Quote

I should have posted a caveat.  I have followed the bump saw threads with great interest, and those things are badass.

I was referring to the local toothless yokels who bump fire from the hip and send 20 rounds over the berm.

My initial post was very poorly thought out.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 12:21:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have a slidefire. The franklin Armory seems cool too bad they are illegal here, ND has almost no state gun laws, but the one they do have bans binary triggers too many fudds in this state.

So no binary triggers, but I can have full autos and grenades
View Quote

Is ND ahead of the liberal curve? When did they ban them?

Op - Get one if they are legal in your state. I got the BFS III and they worked as advertised. Full mag dumps are possible but you will just be wasting ammo and missing the target. 2 or 3 taps(4-6 rounds) are much more satisfying and accurate than full mag dumps.

Edit- A reminder for everyone PLEASE DO NOT SEND LETTERS TO THE ATF ASKING IF THEY ARE LEGAL. Something's are better left unsaid.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 12:44:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Op - Get one if they are legal in your state. I got the BFS III and they worked as advertised. Full mag dumps are possible but you will just be wasting ammo and missing the target. 2 or 3 taps(4-6 rounds) are much more satisfying and accurate than full mag dumps.

Edit- A reminder for everyone PLEASE DO NOT SEND LETTERS TO THE ATF ASKING IF THEY ARE LEGAL. Something's are better left unsaid.
View Quote
Keeping full mags on target is often a stance issue. If you watch my 100rd surefire dump you will hear it ringing steel most of the shots. I would have had more hits but the smoke was starting to obscure the view through the red dot 
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 12:58:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Keeping full mags on target is often a stance issue. If you watch my 100rd surefire dump you will hear it ringing steel most of the shots. I would have had more hits but the smoke was starting to obscure the view through the red dot 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My only concern currently is which rifle I will install it in.  Should arrive tomorrow or Tues.  And yes for God's sake don't right the fucking ATF.  Some of y'all damn idiots nearly got the braces outlawed
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 1:00:33 AM EDT
[#14]
I  see it as a waste of money.

Ar15 to me is a tool.  not a play thing.
I dont see how a "binary triger" helps me in any way, so therefor I am not buying one.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 1:13:06 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm eagerly awaiting the HK roller gun model.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 1:16:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I  see it as a waste of money.

Ar15 to me is a tool.  not a play thing.
I dont see how a "binary triger" helps me in any way, so therefor I am not buying one.
View Quote

Fast double taps!
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 1:16:46 AM EDT
[#17]
What happens when you put a binary trigger on a bumpsaw?
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 1:26:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was thinking last night how cool it would be with the Shrike upper!
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 1:34:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Which trigger?

Put a BFS III in with a slidefire stock and you will get constant hammer follow in the third mode. Mix in an aluminum carrier and you will probably get some strings of fire around 1500 rpm.

Put an echo in with a slide fire and the 3rd mode probably won't activate the second shot. Put it in semi and you get a perfectly timed BumpSAW at traditional rates of fire.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 1:43:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Fun as hell.  Gen3 BFS is vastly improved over the previous, which I had running pretty well too.  Far more controllable than a bump stock for me.

Makes me want to turn my RPD into an AR upper.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 1:52:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Get both. Binary Trigger + Bump Fire Stock =
View Quote

Would it function? Cause that could be fun for my Shrike.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 2:03:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Which trigger?

Put a BFS III in with a slidefire stock and you will get constant hammer follow in the third mode. Mix in an aluminum carrier and you will probably get some strings of fire around 1500 rpm.

Put an echo in with a slide fire and the 3rd mode probably won't activate the second shot. Put it in semi and you get a perfectly timed BumpSAW at traditional rates of fire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which trigger?

There has to be a happy spot in there somewhere. Start adding weight to the upper. It has to run like an MG42 eventually, right?
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 2:04:29 AM EDT
[#23]
I want one. It has a gee wiz factor of 11 but i know the sting of the ammo bill from the first shooting session would make it not so fun pretty quick.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 2:17:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm eagerly awaiting the HK roller gun model.
View Quote

Your wish is my lunch.

Franklin Armory Binary Triggers for HK and Bushmaster ACR Rifles | SHOT 2017
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 11:40:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Life would be so much simpler if the NFA were to just go away
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 11:48:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Life would be so much simpler if the NFA were to just go away
View Quote
I agree.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 12:34:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Your wish is my lunch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FzPszWni0g
View Quote

Oh, I know it exists, I'm waiting for it to be an actual Pre-Orderable product.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Toes so you know this is a legitimate picture
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Taking Gabapentin for nerve pain and it's kicking my butt (head) at the moment.  Install might have to wait til this evening or tomorrow when hopefully I'm a little more clear headed.  This stuff can make the simplest of task difficult for me at times.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 5:54:45 PM EDT
[#30]
I had a pietta PPS50 with a binary trigger. 
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Don't forget to grease the IDS/selector interface.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#32]
GRRRRRrrrrrrr  just my luck!!!!  Install went extremely easy and the thing is not working.  Only working as a semi auto in both semi and binary position.  Guess I'll have to take it completely apart and see if the little spring is damaged.  Seen a couple of reports of this and they send 2 extras for this reason.   CRAP!
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 7:34:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That is a definite concern, especially if handing the gun to an inexperienced shooter.  Very awkward movement holding the trigger back and hitting the selector back to semi to prevent the second shot!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd worry about muscle memory, having a gun that goes off when you release the trigger seems like a recipe for a ND.

That is a definite concern, especially if handing the gun to an inexperienced shooter.  Very awkward movement holding the trigger back and hitting the selector back to semi to prevent the second shot!

It really does feel wrong having it fire upon release.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 8:11:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Years ago , I had a chance to shoot a semi-auto MAC that had been set up with a sear plate that would release the hammer on the trigger pull and then again upon the trigger release. Two separate and distinct trigger manipulations. As others said, if you ran it like a burst on a SMG trigger it worked with two shots in quick sucession. Doing a mag dump reminded me of those toy guns that you pumped the trigger to get the machinegun-like sound effect. The only problem was that is was very prone to jamming if you didn't have the cadence of fire just right.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 9:03:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
GRRRRRrrrrrrr  just my luck!!!!  Install went extremely easy and the thing is not working.  Only working as a semi auto in both semi and binary position.  Guess I'll have to take it completely apart and see if the little spring is damaged.  Seen a couple of reports of this and they send 2 extras for this reason.   CRAP!
View Quote

That little IDS spring can get in the way. I would check the function by pushing forward on the IDS and then push down on the tail of the disconnector before I even install the trigger into my lower. I would also make sure the IDS is slide back to relieved the tension of that spring so the trigger pins are not going to accidently damage it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 9:45:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That little IDS spring can get in the way. I would check the function by pushing forward on the IDS and then push down on the tail of the disconnector before I even install the trigger into my lower. I would also make sure the IDS is slide back to relieved the tension of that spring so the trigger pins are not going to accidently damage it.
View Quote

After taking it apart completely and examining the spring that was in it all appears OK.  Put it back together using that same spring and the unit itself seems to function as it should.  Installed in the lower even without the safety installed however all I get is semi auto action.  No hammer release trigger release side.  I'll tear into it again tomorrow and examine everything more closely and also try one of the extra springs.  This is just always the way my luck works with stuff like this lately.  What a pain  I have a bad feeling this unit is going to have to go back to FA.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 9:54:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Couple guys have had issues with the stock hammer. If you have another mil spec hammer you might try swapping it out.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 9:55:56 PM EDT
[#38]
That sucks. Good luck getting it to work. I don't have any experience with the BFS Gen III, but there is a large thread on it in the AR Discussion forums if you want to post there and get some help.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 10:00:27 PM EDT
[#39]
I guess I just want either semi or full.  Bump fire or binary might be fun to try out on someone elses gun, but I don't really want it on mine.  Give me cash and carry full auto with no stamp for $50 more than semi.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 10:02:45 PM EDT
[#40]
It is a lot of fun.  A lot of fun.  And depending on how you use it  it offers a great double tap when running drills.

ETA:  The A2 I was issued back in '92 had a 3 round burst.  One pull = 3 rounds no changing your mind.  So if that was safe enough for us at that time then one shot per action of the trigger, with the option of not firing on the second action, should be safer.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 10:07:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I guess I just want either semi or full.  Bump fire or binary might be fun to try out on someone elses gun, but I don't really want it on mine.  Give me cash and carry full auto with no stamp for $50 more than semi.
View Quote
Lol, wouldn't that be nice.

But realistically, if there were no government intervention it wouldn't cost $5 extra for an AR15 to be full auto.

Some guns would be even cheaper as full auto's because manufacturing would be simplified as open bolt designs.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 10:08:52 PM EDT
[#42]
I dunno.  I'm kind of on the fence.  I already have a bump stock that doesn't see range use because after the initial excitement wears off it's just a waste of ammo.  I realize the binary trigger is probably a bit more useful in actual application than a bump stock, but still, it's just a gimmick and the one that apparently works is nearly $500.  Would I play with it more than the bump stock lower that's already in the safe collecting dust?  Probably not.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 10:14:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Couple guys have had issues with the stock hammer. If you have another mil spec hammer you might try swapping it out.
View Quote

I'm using the hammer that came with it.  I might try the hammer I took out if all else fails since it appears to be just a standard hammer that comes with it.  The trigger pull is amazing though even using the milspec spring.  This thing in semi with a bumpfire stock would be awesome by itself.  Better trigger than many of my bolt action rifles!
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 10:42:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
That sucks. Good luck getting it to work. I don't have any experience with the BFS Gen III, but there is a large thread on it in the AR Discussion forums if you want to post there and get some help.
View Quote

Appreciate the info about the thread in AR Discussions.  Hadn't even looked over there and after looking it seems I'm not alone.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 11:40:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Issue fixed by swapping hammers

Supplied hammer no worky
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Spare extra hammer works great!!!

Attachment Attached File

Need to do full function testing and hopefully to the range in the next day or two
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 11:48:50 PM EDT
[#46]
I saved over a pound in pull weight by putting an ALG ACT hammer in.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 11:57:43 PM EDT
[#47]
I may have jumped the gun a little.  Semi and Binary now work but Safety does not work now with this hammer.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 11:58:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I may have jumped the gun a little.  Semi and Binary now work but Safety does not work now with this hammer.  
View Quote
What's the safety doing?
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 12:41:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
What's the safety doing?
View Quote

Hard pull it will fire.  I have now tried 5 triggers I had lying in parts kits.  The ones that will work with semi and binary will fire in safe.  The ones that will not funtion binary the safety works fine.  They have some kind of different cut on the triggers that work the safety on these units apparently.  I'm lost.  Ain't no gunsmith here lol.  The trigger that works the best of the bunch is a PSA kit.  It takes a very hard pull to make it fire on safe but the semi and binary work as advertised.  Guessing I'm going to have to get a good hammer from FA as this is the issue without doubt now.  I'm not alone in this issue from reading the other thread.  All function checks work now except for having a good working safety
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 1:13:10 AM EDT
[#50]
In for all the AD's and accidental shootings because for eon's there was no bang on the trigger release and people never had to remember to hold the trigger and move a selector to a different "mode".

J-
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top