User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 1:20:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So you are opposed to MGs with 3 round bursts?
View Quote

But a three round burst can be interrupted by releasing the trigger and NOT cranking a round off WITHOUT having to remember to manipulate the safety or "mode selector."

We had to qualify with 3 round burst colt commando's and had to fire single rounds while on 3 round burst. Kinda hard to do that quickly with this binary trigger thing.

J-
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 1:48:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I know, people die every year at my trap range because of release triggers. 
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#3]
UPDATE!!!!  All now works!!!!  Decided to try a different lower and all issues resolved.  Other lower must be very slightly out of spec.  No issues in the factory Bushmaster lower.  Range test tomorrow!!!!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

But a three round burst can be interrupted by releasing the trigger and NOT cranking a round off WITHOUT having to remember to manipulate the safety or "mode selector."

We had to qualify with 3 round burst colt commando's and had to fire single rounds while on 3 round burst. Kinda hard to do that quickly with this binary trigger thing.

J-
View Quote
It seems the burst of your binary trigger is also interrupted by releasing the trigger...

Who had you qualify with a three round burst and pull a single out of three?  That leaves 6 hundredths of a second to remove your finger from the trigger in a 900rpm carbine.  Incidentally the Franklin will drop a single shot and revert to fire on pull if you happen to get off the trigger while the carrier is still to the rear - good luck trying to cycle your finger that fast.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 5:30:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I kind of want to get one.

But I would never put that heinous sticker on my lower

Just my opinion. I hope it works OP!
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 5:31:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Will soon find out!  Praying it will work with Cenier conversion as well as 223.  Until I can get some engraving done the sticker will stay.  If I croak tomorrow I want my wife and grown kids to know which gun has this installed.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 5:34:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
You can always just do this:

I need to replace that winter guard, it's really ugly. 
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 5:55:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Will soon find out!  Praying it will work with Cenier conversion as well as 223.  Until I can get some engraving done the sticker will stay.  If I croak tomorrow I want my wife and grown kids to know which gun has this installed.
View Quote

It will/should work fine with the 22 conversion.  The Gen 2 required modification of the conversion bolt because of it's hammer geometry.  But because the Gen 3 uses stock hammer geometry it should work fine.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 6:10:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It will/should work fine with the 22 conversion.  The Gen 2 required modification of the conversion bolt because of it's hammer geometry.  But because the Gen 3 uses stock hammer geometry it should work fine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reason for my decision on going with this unit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It seems the burst of your binary trigger is also interrupted by releasing the trigger...

Who had you qualify with a three round burst and pull a single out of three?  That leaves 6 hundredths of a second to remove your finger from the trigger in a 900rpm carbine.  Incidentally the Franklin will drop a single shot and revert to fire on pull if you happen to get off the trigger while the carrier is still to the rear - good luck trying to cycle your finger that fast.
View Quote

we had to qual that way for out SWAT team. Once you get the feel its actually pretty easy to do.

J-
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 12:07:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Decided to get another to put in this!    Last one on EBay for now!  This is an Anderson lower so wish me luck

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 4:57:24 PM EDT
[#12]
One word after range test.   AWESOME!!!!!  
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 5:18:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
One word after range test.   AWESOME!!!!!  
View Quote

I'm so looking forward to putting one in my MP5
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 5:19:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm horrendously disappointed that my Scorpion Evo will likely never have a binary style trigger. Disappointed enough that I'm considering buying another PCC to be able to use it. I love my Scorpion, but....such a cool trigger.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 5:32:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm horrendously disappointed that my Scorpion Evo will likely never have a binary style trigger. Disappointed enough that I'm considering buying another PCC to be able to use it. I love my Scorpion, but....such a cool trigger.
View Quote

I'm really looking forward to installing one in my 9mm.  Hopefully here by Friday.  Didn't get to shoot much today since the cops had taken over our entire range complex doing annual qualifying today of all days.  Plan on doing video and also blasting a lot of 22lr.  Just two mags of factory 223 today to function test.  Amazing how easy near full auto fire is without any effort!
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 5:39:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would recommend a Honey Badger lower

Link Posted: 1/25/2017 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I do BumpSAW's as well, but the binary triggers are better for aimed shoulder fire. BumpSAW's are great prone but not as controllable from other positions.

You also get better stock choices with the binary type triggers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My vote is build a #Bumpsaw

- Clint
I do BumpSAW's as well, but the binary triggers are better for aimed shoulder fire. BumpSAW's are great prone but not as controllable from other positions.

I find bumpfire pretty darn controllable from the shoulder.

But I do agree with keeping your AR in std configuration is a huge bonus with these and is why I'm looking to pick one up. I just built a dedicated bumpfire stocked lower.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

But I do agree with keeping your AR in std configuration is a huge bonus with these and is why I'm looking to pick one up. I just built a dedicated bumpfire stocked lower.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My vote is build a #Bumpsaw

- Clint

Bumpfire just got old for me real quick.  Works great and is controllable but the stocks look like shit and it's kinda inconsistent.  This trigger takes the work out of it.  Plus this trigger itself is amazingly smooth, light, and crisp.  And that's using the heavier spring they supply!
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 6:04:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I had 'BINARY' engraved at the 3rd position on mine. Was there anyway for NFA engraving
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I had 'BINARY' engraved at the 3rd position on mine. Was there anyway for NFA engraving
View Quote

I've got to find someone around here that does engraving.  Want to make sure which lowers these will stay in first however.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 8:56:04 PM EDT
[#21]
I put mine on a Spikes Crusader lower since it had 3rd position engraved already.  Is a double tap considered "God Wills It"?  I believe the phrase Is a bit overkill, but oh well.  Pew pew emeffers!
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 6:00:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Yep it works!!!!

Link Posted: 2/1/2017 9:30:50 PM EDT
[#23]
This one should be a blast to shoot
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top