BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 3:34:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Am I the only one interpreting that as 'cooperation and peace' = America surrenders without a fight?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not able to watch video right now. Cliff notes?
Putin tells the CNN asshole to not embellish what he said. He said that Trump is a colorful candidate, nothing more.
But that Trump has also said that he wants a good relationship with Russia, and that is to be welcomed.

However, they will work with whoever is elected. Hopefully that person will want cooperation and work towards peace.

Then a bit about how the US goes around selling democracy to the world when their own systems are not democratic.
Twice, the electoral college has selected a candidate that lost the popular vote - how is that democratic?
When Russia mentions this, they are told to mind their own business.

But Russia will accept and hope to work constructively with the next US president, and has no intention of interfering in internal US politics.
Am I the only one interpreting that as 'cooperation and peace' = America surrenders without a fight?

If you can resolve without a fight and have deals that favor you, that is the better option and victory.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 3:37:56 AM EDT
[#2]
How have you guys not seen this, it's from June!?
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 3:45:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am not a Putin fan; however he has an extremely forceful intellect.

He is a very, very sharp guy and our Western leaders are nowhere in his league.
View Quote

There's a reason why Russians are some of the greatest chess players of all time. The dudes have skills. To deal with them you either have to have a super intellect or a backbone of steel and the ability to recognize when the bear is up to no good. Putin is an old school commie. If you're gonna deal with that, the first thing you need to do is keep anyone named Obama or Clinton the hell away from the situation.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 3:46:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you can resolve without a fight and have deals that favor you, that is the better option and victory.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Putin tells the CNN asshole to not embellish what he said. He said that Trump is a colorful candidate, nothing more.

But that Trump has also said that he wants a good relationship with Russia, and that is to be welcomed.

However, they will work with whoever is elected. Hopefully that person will want cooperation and work towards peace.

Then a bit about how the US goes around selling democracy to the world when their own systems are not democratic.

Twice, the electoral college has selected a candidate that lost the popular vote - how is that democratic?

But Russia will accept and hope to work constructively with the next US president, and has no intention of interfering in internal US politics.

Plus..."America surrenders without a fight" to what purpose?

They need us as a boogeyman just as much as we need them for the same.  Doesn't mean we can't work together for stuff though.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 3:50:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

There's a reason why Russians are some of the greatest chess players of all time. The dudes have skills. To deal with them you either have to have a super intellect or a backbone of steel and the ability to recognize when the bear is up to no good. Putin is an old school commie. If you're gonna deal with that, the first thing you need to do is keep anyone named Obama or Clinton the hell away from the situation.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think Putin is a commie but he is an old school Russian.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 4:10:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Listens to the question and then promptly takes his ear piece out so that he can't be interrupted lol

He has paid attention to western Journalists quite well.
View Quote

He certainly has.  

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 4:19:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Russia made the decision to base its economy almost entirely on the fortunes of gas and oil. When it was $100 bbl,Russia was doing well and of course this helped Putin's internal stature greatly. The US helped this  by first Bush thinking that the post 9/11 world would have Russia and the US on the same team-remember Bush meeting with Putin very soon after 9/11 to discuss Russian oil sales to the US when there was worry the whole ME would errupt? Putin was also very forthright in why he opposed the US war in Iraq,the fear that the US would gain proxy control of all of Iraq's oil and the price would plummet. Of course the opposite happened. The past couple years of cheap oil have harmed Russia's economy considerably however and projections are that it will take perhaps another 3 years to recover. This is why Syria is so vital: if the Sunnis win,KSA and Qatar are building pipelines that will supply southern Europe and cost Russia an enormous sum of revenue.

As for Putin's  wealth,who knows what it actually  is. He has the state coffers as his checking account but undoubtedly has plenty stashed away wherever he chooses.

He will most likely be the leader of Russia for the next 20 years so everyone has to deal with him. IME he can't afford to hand over the reins lest he get scapegoated and there will not be any "colored revolution" Well,I would say there is a very,very tiny chance of an authoritarian swing that gets out of control but next to 0 of a Maiden like event,held for the same reasons.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 4:21:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
it's kind of nice seeing a politician that actually forms out complete thoughts and doesn't speak only in media sound bites
View Quote

I was thinking the same.  At least in this video, he just speaks plainly about the issues, without wrapping everthing up in a bunch of rhetoric. American politicians at all levels should take note.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 4:46:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Listens to the question and then promptly takes his ear piece out so that he can't be interrupted lol

View Quote

Wow... good point. Lol.

CNN the standard seems to be TALK OVER EACH OTHER CONSTANTLY TO BLOCK OUT WHAT THE OTHER SAYS.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 4:47:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Our trajectory is predictable, unmistakable even, and Putin is patient.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He seems to be accepting second place in the world, at least for now.

Our trajectory is predictable, unmistakable even, and Putin is patient.

That moment when suddenly Russian troops on the ground doesn't sound nearly as world shattering as it used to...
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 4:51:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Journalist tries to paint

Putin as a Trump knob slobber, Putin points out journalist is making up a lot of context about things he didn't say, and is letting his journalist side over ride his academic side, then gives a centered opinion on Russia's relation to United States politics in which he states Americas politics are Americas to figure out before they start trying to dictate how Russia and Europe should continue to develop, and with regards to the election stated that whoever wins will have a great deal of power in a changing political system, and he hopes that whoever does win, will be the kind of person who wants to work with Russia to get back on good terms and seek mutual benefits instead of be antagonistic.

Called US the only world super power right now, and stated that it's a thing that the world needs.

Rough outline, more too it, worth a watch.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Journalist tries to paint

Putin as a Trump knob slobber, Putin points out journalist is making up a lot of context about things he didn't say, and is letting his journalist side over ride his academic side, then gives a centered opinion on Russia's relation to United States politics in which he states Americas politics are Americas to figure out before they start trying to dictate how Russia and Europe should continue to develop, and with regards to the election stated that whoever wins will have a great deal of power in a changing political system, and he hopes that whoever does win, will be the kind of person who wants to work with Russia to get back on good terms and seek mutual benefits instead of be antagonistic.

Called US the only world super power right now, and stated that it's a thing that the world needs.

Rough outline, more too it, worth a watch.    

I was surprised  by this. Very deep message.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 5:15:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Wow... good point. Lol.

CNN the standard seems to be TALK OVER EACH OTHER CONSTANTLY TO BLOCK OUT WHAT THE OTHER SAYS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow... good point. Lol.

I take what Putin says with a grain of salt, however, he totally flipped that script on that journalist. His interruption tactics may work on the political bullshitters we have over here, but Putin definitely showed that he will not be bullied with words and flimsy confusion tactics.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 5:58:26 AM EDT
[#13]
"I say Trump colorful guy, Americanski is not democracy, is big meddling bully, we poor little Russia minding our own businesses."
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 6:11:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See everyone thinks the USA is a DEMOCRACY, it's not.

It's a DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC.

Fucking go to school people.  

A democracy is mob rule, our founders saw the flaws in that system.  

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 6:16:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
damn..admitting we are the only superpower is pretty big.

Whats this about international observers at polling stations getting shooed away ?  Is there any truth to that?
View Quote

A few, 7 or 8 states has made laws against it.   Arizona being one of them.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 6:22:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am afraid to say that you might be right.

Cruz is that smart IMHO.........Hillary and Trump.........nowhere near him in IQ IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 6:25:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don't like CNN or Fareed Zakaria so thought this was amusing.......

http://youtu.be/JBTBBNOtbhM

Note Putin even alludes to the US being the ONLY Super Power in the world,
that is a pretty big deal for him to admit regarding Russia.
View Quote

And still he invaded Ukraine and took Crime while everyone pissed their panties.
He "admits" it becuase he's knows perfectly well the cards he's holding and that the American superpower wants none of it.
He knows no one wants to fuck with Russia, let alone its former KGB hitman president.
FerFAL
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 6:28:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Putin may once have been a stone cold professional KGB killer, but I still have more respect for him than I do for any cocksucker who works for the Clinton News Network.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 6:33:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, you're just paranoid and not politically savvy.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 6:35:32 AM EDT
[#20]
The CNN retread Fareed got schooled by Putin.

Typical Liberal hack...
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 6:40:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Refreshing to see a politician say whatever he wants to instead of blathering on with the same tired old platitudes and word mincing acrobatics.

If that had been Obama, nobody would have even known what the hell he said by the time he was done babbling for 10 minutes.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 7:12:12 AM EDT
[#22]
When he scratches his face near his nose when he says he will work with whomever is elected is an indicator that he is not being truthful.

He will not work with Hillary.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 8:05:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Pwned by Putin. He speaks a lot of truth. We need to mind our own business about a lot of shit.
View Quote

yup.

Stop fucking around internationally, and clean up our own backyard.    People in other countries are sick of the US meddling in their back yards, and people in the US are sick of the filth in our own.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 8:15:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agree.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 8:16:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
He seems to be accepting second place in the world, at least for now.
View Quote

That's what he want's you to think.  When you underestimate a man like that he will hand your ass to you.. I am no fan of Russia or Putin but we should never underestimate them or think they are our friends...
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 8:20:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Pwned by Putin. He speaks a lot of truth. We need to mind our own business about a lot of shit.
View Quote

No, we need to be in everybody's shit.  People who mind their own business tend to get blindsided a lot, not good for a nation-state.

We just need to be more effective and subtle.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 8:29:14 AM EDT
[#27]
I think it was in OH that Russia has requested to place own observers at polling stations. Apparently, it's not uncommon. Some leftie rag was spinning it as secret Russian spies would be altering votes or some shit.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 8:40:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

No doubt about that...
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 8:42:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Well I to agree with him I want the US .gov out my life as well, and to quit telling me how to live.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I take what Putin says with a grain of salt, however, he totally flipped that script on that journalist. His interruption tactics may work on the political bullshitters we have over here, but Putin definitely showed that he will not be bullied with words and flimsy confusion tactics.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow... good point. Lol.

I agree.  The reporter you notice was at first trying to interrupt Putin.  Just watch it again if you have to.  Reporters for MSM leftists these days must either demonstrate this natural ability or be trained on it that you interrupt and talk over any guest who doesn't match your views and/or immediately change subjects when the guest is dominating your position.  

His natural training kicked in, then I think he realized he was just a few feet away from a world leader who doesn't play by western MSM rules then he STFU for the rest of the video.  

There's a lot to be said about being forceful with these lowlife news media personalities (they are NOT journalists) and neutering them.  They have done this to themselves and I don't feel a damn bit sorry for them at all if they are embarrassed on live tv so much to the point that if they lost their job and end up begging for money in the streets, even that is too good for them.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 8:47:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
TedCruz?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TedCruz?  

lol...
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 8:48:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Get fucked and mind your own business"

Basicly
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 8:50:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Any time Zakaria gets blown the fuck out, I enjoy it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 8:51:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 8:56:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
When he scratches his face near his nose when he says he will work with whomever is elected is an indicator that he is not being truthful.

He will not work with Hillary.

View Quote

I'm definitely not an expert at interpreting body language, but that jumped out at me like the Team America secret signal.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 8:57:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Isn't Fareed the plagiarism guy?  Is that why he's doing RT when he used to the CNN and WSJ?

Dickhead
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 8:58:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Zakaria advises Obama on Muslim affairs.

He's hardly an objective "journalist".
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 8:59:19 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
That is a very,ummmmm,Russia Today interpretation of the state of affairs.

He was not in any leadership position in the KGB,he was only a major though he claims at times to have been a colonel or lieutenant colonel. He resigned during the coup and took no part in it. How he rose to power was by being in a position perfectly suited to graft and corruption: employed by the Saint Petersburg mayor's office to issue importing/exporting licenses. This allowed him to accept bribes for said licenses and take a cut of business. He also helped in divvying up state enterprises which is how he served -and still serves-as king maker of oligarchs as well as the wealthiest mob boss in the world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The man was a former KGB agent who had to help manage the organization through troubled times in the early 90's. Especially with the coup going on. A few years later and Boris Yeltsin names him the leader of Russia.  [span style='font-size: 8pt;']To many Russians over there, Putin is their "Ronald Reagan" who improved their lives. He was and is their leader that has brought Russia to modern-day times. In comparison to us they are still behind; but in comparison to what they used to be, that is worlds beyond and ahead.

That is a very,ummmmm,Russia Today interpretation of the state of affairs.

He was not in any leadership position in the KGB,he was only a major though he claims at times to have been a colonel or lieutenant colonel. He resigned during the coup and took no part in it. How he rose to power was by being in a position perfectly suited to graft and corruption: employed by the Saint Petersburg mayor's office to issue importing/exporting licenses. This allowed him to accept bribes for said licenses and take a cut of business. He also helped in divvying up state enterprises which is how he served -and still serves-as king maker of oligarchs as well as the wealthiest mob boss in the world.
So...standard leftist/socialist operating prcedure

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 9:00:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Isn't Fareed the plagiarism guy?  Is that why he's doing RT when he used to the CNN and WSJ?

Dickhead
View Quote

He's still at CNN. Little things like plagiarism and lack of integrity aren't major concerns to them.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 9:01:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I agree with you Fluffy.  I respect the man, I think he has more balls then any of our current elected officials and I like his directness.
I think he can run mental circles around our current leadership.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with you Fluffy.  I respect the man, I think he has more balls then any of our current elected officials and I like his directness.
I think he can run mental circles around our current leadership.

I think it's important to note for future reference that there are those here who wrongly conclude that those who support the type of president that Putin is must also support his dirty dealings or somehow communism.

The concept of us wanting a strong president that verifiably shares our values somehow eludes them.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 9:01:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Putin speaks english quite well, he did that for show. He didn't need a translator in the first place.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 9:05:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
TedCruz?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TedCruz?  

Cruz couldn't beat Trump in a debate without resorting to drooling on himself and you think he could best Putin intellectually? Right or wrong Putin is good at what he does.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 9:06:03 AM EDT
[#43]
he has the AIDS face
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 9:09:59 AM EDT
[#44]
It's a TARP
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 9:10:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Putin is sly like a fox. Bet your ass he has an end game in mind. I respect the man, don't trust him completely but I do respect him for his knowledge and discipline.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 9:12:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Every time I see the video of Putin and Dumbo on that stage I cringe Dumbo is so outta his league
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 9:18:50 AM EDT
[#47]
I dislike Putin, but I respect him.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 9:25:02 AM EDT
[#48]
We are being outplayed and outmaneuvered by Putin at every turn.  

The only thing I haven't figured out is his ultimate end game.

I suspect it won't be good for us...
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 9:26:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Putin said "Hang in there"  

Putin just dank memed the world, and confirmed he is behind the hacks, he is probably a top russian CS:GO player.

F u mr putin, I am onto you.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 9:30:53 AM EDT
[#50]
That's a good smackdown. There was a nice long thread about this back in June when the video came out.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top