Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 31
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:29:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Holy shit guys. This may be the one small window in time where Steve is on my side.

Oh, I lol'd Steve

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like the bunts just haven't been flying in Cleveland this week.

Holy shit guys. This may be the one small window in time where Steve is on my side.

Oh, I lol'd Steve

Only because I want the Royals to come into Detroit with their dobbers down.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:33:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like the bunts just haven't been flying in Cleveland this week.

Oh, I lol'd Steve

No need to explain your motives. We all know where you stand.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:52:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Royals did away with the evil White Sox.  Hey Cleveland!  Guess who's coming to dinner?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:36:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Second AL Wild Card.

Now to get home field advantage!
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:05:07 AM EDT
[#5]
So Steve Clevinger, the backup catcher for the M's is in trouble. He posted the facts about BLM, the riots and Obama and Harold Reynolds is on MLB Tonight calling for his head.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:15:05 AM EDT
[#6]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Royals did away with the evil White Sox.  Hey Cleveland!  Guess who's coming to dinner?
http://i.imgur.com/kQaHgO8.gif

I've given you props already, won't hurt to say it again so congrats to your boys. If the dancing on KC graves continues, I'll go buy a bottle of 18 year old scotch that will be opened when Cleveland pulls a Cleveland.  I'll post pics just for you sir.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 2:50:13 AM EDT
[#7]
jesus fuck the O's couldn't pick a better series to get swept and play like utter dog shit....

congrats on your play off spot stevie... o's coming for it
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 8:28:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Red Sox seem unstoppable. We had that game won two nights ago, one bad flip by Davis = 5 runs

Hopefully the O's team from the first half of the season starts showing up soon.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:27:55 AM EDT
[#9]
I just hope the Rangers can outscore their opponent in every playoff game. Our starting pitching is not great.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:33:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've given you props already, won't hurt to say it again so congrats to your boys. If the dancing on KC graves continues, I'll go buy a bottle of 18 year old scotch that will be opened when Cleveland pulls a Cleveland.  I'll post pics just for you sir.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/kQaHgO8.gif

Lol

(On my phone, supposed to be the smiley cheers animation)

ETA:fixed
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:53:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

jesus fuck the O's couldn't pick a better series to get swept and play like utter dog shit....

View Quote

That's fine.

The Tigers are coming for the Blue Jays' spot.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's fine.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's fine.

Can both teams please fail somehow?

I probably hate the Blue Jays more than any other team in the MLB, but the Tigers are pretty high on that list too.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 6:34:18 PM EDT
[#13]
CK sits during the nationa athem "that's his right!"

Clevenger tweets something unpopular, suspended for rest of season.

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#14]
The blackout rules are going to really start to hurt baseball in the future.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:13:50 PM EDT
[#15]
What did the Padres do to deserve to be front and center in the Fox SJW shitshow that is "Pitch"

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:16:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Great game in CLE tonight. Bauer redeeming himself from the shitshow against Steve's kitties going 7 2/3 innings.

Indians crush the CHISOX 10-4

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:35:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

What did the Padres do to deserve to be front and center in the Fox SJW shitshow that is "Pitch"

View Quote

They said 'YOU WANT TO GIVE US ATTENTION!!! FUCK YES!!!!' and then undoubtedly took a bunch of money in return.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Five straight W's! The bunts weren't falling tonight, but the long ball was definitely flying in Detroit. Fulmer back in the lead for the AL ERA title. I'm thinking it's going to be a fun weekend.

I think Mark Lowe pitched himself off the post season roster tonight.

I'd like to see the Snakes close out the 0's tonight and give us a little breathing room.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:42:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

You should have heard Harold Reynolds on MLBN last night. 'He should be gone! I'm embarrassed to be a Mariner knowing that the organization hasn't taken care of this already! What's to evaluate! He's a racist and he should be gone!'

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:45:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Five straight W's! The bunts weren't falling tonight, but the long ball was definitely flying in Detroit. Fulmer back in the lead for the AL ERA title. I'm thinking it's going to be a fun weekend.

I'd like to see the Snakes close out the 0's tonight and give us a little breathing room.
View Quote

Didn't get to watch.

What is up with 36 combined left on base (17 KC, 19 Det)?
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:49:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Didn't get to watch.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Didn't get to watch.

That stat is deceiving. Say the Royals get the first two on, and the strike out, strike out, pop out...that's 6 LOB for the inning because three batters each left two men on base, even though they only had two men on base the whole inning.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:52:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Knowing the Padres, that story might come true.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:02:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That stat is deceiving. Say the Royals get the first two on, and the strike out, strike out, pop out...that's 6 LOB for the inning because three batters each left two men on base, even though they only had two men on base the whole inning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't get to watch.

Ahh...makes sense. I usually don't pay much attention to the box scores.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:28:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You should have heard Harold Reynolds on MLBN last night. 'He should be gone! I'm embarrassed to be a Mariner knowing that the organization hasn't taken care of this already! What's to evaluate! He's a racist and he should be gone!'

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

black lives matter guys.. geez....
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:04:00 AM EDT
[#25]
rangers clinch AL west.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:05:45 AM EDT
[#26]
is it just me, or has there been a huge increase in pitchers who's wind up is now just a modified stretch... three of the O's starters utilize this price type of delivery, and it seems like pitchers across the league have abandoned a traditional stretch... i guess it can help with mechanics. it's just odd to me.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:10:27 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

is it just me, or has there been a huge increase in pitchers who's wind up is now just a modified stretch... three of the O's starters utilize this price type of delivery, and it seems like pitchers across the league have abandoned a traditional stretch... i guess it can help with mechanics. it's just odd to me.
View Quote

It is not just you. There seems to be a trend among pitching coaches to try and get pitchers to simplify their mechanics. A lot of pitchers have abandoned the leg kick all together.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:16:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It is not just you. There seems to be a trend among pitching coaches to try and get pitchers to simplify their mechanics. A lot of pitchers have abandoned the leg kick all together.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And have any substantial benefits been found?

I swear these guys are over thinking pitching.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:03:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clif Floyd had a different take. He said if it's in his contract fine but if not free speech.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:23:04 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, with one guy that I hate, Danny Duffy, it has had a potential benefit. The story is that the Royals stuck him in the pen to teach him to trust his stuff and learn to air it out. But, he also started pitching out of the stretch, and even went to the slide step with no one on base in the first inning (I think a tactic employed to try and keep hitters from getting a rhythm on him).

So, if you look at Danny Duffy, then yeah the elimination of mechanics seems to have helped. But, most of the guys who do this seem to be pitchers who have had intense struggles, and I root (I am not sure tha root is the right word) for a team that has trouble hitting pitchers with an ERA over 5.00 so, I may not be the best guy to ask.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:30:46 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Clif Floyd had a different take. He said if it's in his contract fine but if not free speech.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cornelius Flood is amazing in so many ways. He is 10x the brutha that HR is, yet he is the opposite of what you would expect in so many ways. I love watching him on MLBN because he knows the game frontwards and back, and he is funny as hell. His baseball insight has taught me a shit ton about the game and his manner of speech keeps it down to Earth.

Harold, conversely, has complete diarrhea of the mouth and seems to have fallen bass ackwards into the game and TV.

I also like Cliff's radio show on MLBN radio. He can hang with anyone who calls in and always ha s great analysis, but talks like a rapper.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:45:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't get to watch.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#33]
NL home field clinched.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:15:36 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

NL home field clinched.
View Quote
LA is looking to clinch very soon as well.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:57:41 PM EDT
[#35]
motown, got a cool new show for you to watch this fall

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:32:01 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0wLCGwYZ3g
View Quote

Yeah, I'm not going to be watching that.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:43:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope nobody does.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:04:51 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I hope nobody does.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope nobody does.

Why would they?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:42:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm serious when I say, I think the Padres lost a bet.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:56:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Why would they?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope nobody does.

Why would they?

They should make a reality show where a chick tries to pitch to major leaguers, fuck, get that chick who was all big in the little league WS a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:03:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Also, I like how they made her look like a 11-year old boy with those baggy pants. Justin Verlander wears his pants are 87 times tighter (no homo) than she does in this trailer, which I find extra lame. I wish ultimate failure for this feminist trash.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:32:59 AM EDT
[#42]
I watched the first episode. She had a congrats bouquet from HRC before the first minute.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:08:27 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that they jumped at it with both feet. Look at that team, one World Series appearance in franchise history, the perennial red headed step child of the NL west, have had two good players in franchise history, a beautiful park and still everything they touch turns to shit. I think they lunged at the opportunity to get noticed.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:13:47 AM EDT
[#44]
My Nats win the NL East title last night.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:29:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Jose Fernandez of the Miami Marlins was killed in a boating accident last night.  Wow, so sad.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:34:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Jose Fernandez of the Miami Marlins was killed in a boating accident last night.  Wow, so sad.
View Quote

Just woke up to this. Awful. Seemed to play with a lot of joy. Lead story on ESPN.com.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:48:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Just woke up to this. Awful. Seemed to play with a lot of joy. Lead story on ESPN.com.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sad news indeed.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:45:07 AM EDT
[#48]

Damn. I love watching him pitch.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:00:30 AM EDT
[#49]
As I recall he tried to defect from Cuba three times and was captured and returned. On his final escape attempt his mother went with him and she was thrown from the boat. He jumped into the water and swam back to rescue her. The boat retrieved them and the made it to America.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:13:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Apparently he was driving his boat this morning, hit some rocks, was thrown from the boat and it landed on top of him.
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top