Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 31
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:47:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Old school and not afraid to pitch inside.

I will miss watching him pitch.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:10:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:09:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Literally watched him pitch the other week in Miami for my birthday against the Dodgers. As much as I love LA he killed them. 14k's, he had so ma y years ahead of him. So so sad, I loved getting to see him throw in person though.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:33:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think that they jumped at it with both feet. Look at that team, one World Series appearance in franchise history, the perennial red headed step child of the NL west, have had two good players in franchise history, a beautiful park and still everything they touch turns to shit. I think they lunged at the opportunity to get noticed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
motown, got a cool new show for you to watch this fall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0wLCGwYZ3g

I'm serious when I say, I think the Padres lost a bet.

I think that they jumped at it with both feet. Look at that team, one World Series appearance in franchise history, the perennial red headed step child of the NL west, have had two good players in franchise history, a beautiful park and still everything they touch turns to shit. I think they lunged at the opportunity to get noticed.

Two series appearances. 1984 was the first.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:34:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Jesus, kinda hard to care about a playoff push with this devestating news.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Hell yeah, KC. Keep it up.

We want to clinch this at home.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:27:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

ETA: Ahh shit, they are coming back!

Don't go quietly Detroit!
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:30:57 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

https://i.imgflip.com/1b8twj.jpg

Tigers just hit a Grand Slam. Don't start counting chickens just yet.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't have any chickens.

We are burning down coops.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:36:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have precisely 16 hens.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:38:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Loaded up again.

Maybe they can make it a double slam inning.

ETA: Ahh...pussy bunt. Disappointing.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:41:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Jose Fernandez of the Miami Marlins was killed in a boating accident last night.  Wow, so sad.
View Quote

Very sad.  Only game I watched him pitch was in August against KC.  He took apart the Royals, it was impressive.  He was a rising star with a lot of years ahead of him.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:43:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm at the game, that was awesome.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:08:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Well thanks for the help KC, but we couldnt get the bats hot here in CLE.

Rodon pitched a great game against us.

We're just gonna do it in DET now.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:00:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Steve sure got quiet.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:18:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Steve sure got quiet.
View Quote

he's probably real busy with work...
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:20:16 PM EDT
[#18]
good win for the O's today.. hopefully they'll keep their heads out of their asses to make a good playoff push...

i by no means take celebrity deaths personally, but i'm still stunned by Jose Fernandez's death... i expected to see lots of high lights from him in the upcoming years. such a shame his life was cut so short.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:27:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Steve sure got quiet.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:28:41 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I've yet to come up with something to say about the Royals or any of you that wouldn't get me banned.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Steve sure got quiet.

I've yet to come up with something to say about the Royals or any of you that wouldn't get me banned.

Never stop being Steve, Steve.

We got another matchup next bud. I thank you for the playoff clinch ahead of time now.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:33:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

We got another matchup next bud. I thank you for the playoff clinch ahead of time now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Steve sure got quiet.

Yeah, look at the big talk from the guy who discovered the Indians on the 4th of July.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:39:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Yeah, look at the big talk from the guy who discovered the Indians on the 4th of July.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Steve sure got quiet.

Bitch please. Ive been in this thread as long as if not before you.

Go on again about how your team deserves this though. It makes your tears so yummy.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:46:12 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Steve sure got quiet.

http://s21.postimg.org/fc4uoddc7/W_14_copy.gif

How hard is it going to be for you to fall asleep tonight knowing your team put up 9 runs including a grand slam against a "small ball" team, and still lost by a margin of 3 runs while also losing the series in the process?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:49:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Go on again about how your team deserves this though. It makes your tears so yummy.

http://i.imgur.com/X3TeVee.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Steve sure got quiet.

http://i.imgur.com/X3TeVee.gif

I never said my team deserves, I said that I deserve it. I deserve to see my team win for putting up with a couple of decades of horrible baseball.

Also, I have been a mainstay of these threads for years. I think that my rants about San Francisco and the Giants after the 2012 World Series still have me on CarbineDad's ignore list to this day. It's impossible for you to have been into the Indians for that long, because no one was into the Indians for that long. You're like the KC fans in that you didn't exist before your team got into first place.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:52:13 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
How hard is it going to be for you to fall asleep tonight knowing your team put up 9 runs including a grand slam against a "small ball" team, and still lost by a margin of 3 runs while also losing the series in the process?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Steve sure got quiet.

http://s21.postimg.org/fc4uoddc7/W_14_copy.gif

It won't be hard at all because I know that come next year you and everyone else in KC will have forgotten all about the Royals.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:00:30 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I never said my team deserves, I said that I deserve it. I deserve to see my team win for putting up with a couple of decades of horrible baseball.

Also, I have been a mainstay of these threads for years. I think that my rants about San Francisco and the Giants after the 2012 World Series still have me on CarbineDad's ignore list to this day. It's impossible for you to have been into the Indians for that long, because no one was into the Indians for that long. You're like the KC fans in that you didn't exist before your team got into first place.

View Quote

I like you Steve. I do.

That said, Ive been giving you shit since you had "Year of the Tiger" as your title, what was it? 2 years ago now? 3?

Ironically, I also bet against the Royals in their WS game with the Giants. 23pistol23 sent me a PMAG for that one. So Ive been here, watching Baseball all along.

But this is the year of Cleveland. Even if it hurts. Cavs are champs. RNC went on without a hitch. And the Tribe are making the playoffs.

Damn it feels good to be in CLE this year.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:02:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I like you Steve. I do.

That said, Ive been giving you shit since you had "Year of the Tiger" as your title, what was it? 2 years ago now? 3?

Ironically, I also bet against the Royals in their WS game with the Giants. 23pistol23 sent me a PMAG for that one. So Ive been here, watching Baseball all along.

But this is the year of Cleveland. Even if it hurts. Cavs are champs. RNC went on without a hitch. And the Tribe are making the playoffs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like you Steve. I do.

da browns tho..
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:04:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
da browns tho..
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like you Steve. I do.

da browns tho..

I dont watch that shit.

Im a ball fan. Like Washington, and McCarthy, and non-commies do. America's past time.

Football is for America haters. May as well watch soccer.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 12:27:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Most home wins in the history of Chicago Cubs baseball.  I'll take it.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 12:48:00 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Most home wins in the history of Chicago Cubs baseball.  I'll take it.  
View Quote

Don't get too excited. A lot of the time, the best team ever falls on it's ass in the postseason. I have little interest in the Cubs, positive or negative, but I'm just saying. Was it the 2011 Phillies that won 106 games and got swept in the NLDS?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 12:49:24 AM EDT
[#31]
NL West is ours.

4th year in a row, and with a walk off HR nonetheless.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 2:19:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
NL West is ours.

View Quote

They gotta bring it home now and stop choking.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:57:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NL West is ours.

I'll bet.he stood for our national anthem. This cunt Colin Kerfluffle is still parading around.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:18:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'll bet.he stood for our national anthem. This cunt Colin Kerfluffle is still parading around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
NL West is ours.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 12:55:25 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NL West is ours.

Dude is in the wrong sport lol.

Hopefully Dodgers hold together this year. Pitching is always their biggest downfall in post season and this year is probably the worst their pitching has ever been. It's been a disaster pretty much. Almost every pitcher has been on the DL multiple times. We got Kershaw back which is huge. Rich Hill is amazing as long as his stupid ass blisters don't keep showing up every game.

Other than those two the rest of the rotation is mediocre. Maeda does okay, both Wood and Stripling struggle. Brock Stewert can do okay if he holds it together but he's still pretty new.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:27:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Hopefully Dodgers hold together this year. Pitching is always their biggest downfall in post season and this year is probably the worst their pitching has ever been. It's been a disaster pretty much. Almost every pitcher has been on the DL multiple times. We got Kershaw back which is huge. Rich Hill is amazing as long as his stupid ass blisters don't keep showing up every game.

Other than those two the rest of the rotation is mediocre. Maeda does okay, both Wood and Stripling struggle. Brock Stewert can do okay if he holds it together but he's still pretty new.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
NL West is ours.

the silver lining is the bullpen has been lights out and one of the best in the majors..

kershaw needs to keep his ghosts behind him and pitch like 'the best pitcher and baseball' should pitch in the playoffs... i wouldn't be mad at a Dodgers O's WS!!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:29:20 PM EDT
[#37]
i wonder if Jose Fernandez will get Cy Young consideration..

has anyone ever won a posthumous sports award?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:38:43 PM EDT
[#38]
watched the Vin Scully goodbye yesterday...was actually very sad, and there was a LOT of people visibly crying. 67 years, hell of career, hell of a life.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:38:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
watched the Vin Scully goodbye yesterday...was actually very sad, and there was a LOT of people visibly crying. 67 years, hell of career, hell of a life.
View Quote

even though i'm an O's fan living in LaLa land, it still pisses me off that over the past three years you got to see more dodger games than me on tv... Vin is GOAT.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:14:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Dee Gordon approached the plate right handed for his first pitch to honor Jose Fernandez. He then switched to his left handed side and hit a lead off homer. He rounded the bases in tears and broke down to his teammates in the dug out.... that was some at bat.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:36:15 PM EDT
[#41]
It sounds like there's a lot of Cleveland untermenschen at Comerica Park tonight. I hope none of these skunks gets a Dodger Special if the Indians clinch in Detroit.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:42:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Dee Gordon approached the plate right handed for his first pitch to honor Jose Fernandez. He then switched to his left handed side and hit a lead off homer. He rounded the bases in tears and broke down to his teammates in the dug out.... that was some at bat.
View Quote

Very cool, but against the rules...no?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:45:25 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I would have thought so. I thought you had to bat the whole at bat from the side you started from.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:52:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I would have thought so. I thought you had to bat the whole at bat from the side you started from.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Batter can switch sides as much as he wants as long as the ball is dead when he switches.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:37:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Fuck yeah.

Good game, Steve.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:42:02 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Fuck yeah.

Good game, Steve.

View Quote
Yeah, yeah. Congrats or whatever.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:47:21 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck yeah.

Good game, Steve.

LOL. Thats as good as Im gonna get.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:48:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Batter can switch sides as much as he wants as long as the ball is dead when he switches.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds good.

I thought I remembered something about it that came out of the Venditte rule dealing with switch pitchers.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:57:19 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Sounds good.

I thought I remembered something about it that came out of the Venditte rule dealing with switch pitchers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds good.

There's a video out there from the Pirates and Blue Jays I think where it was a switch pitcher against a switch hitter. Pitcher started left and batter right. Batter saw the pitcher throwing left so turns back and tossed his helmet and got a different one to bat left. Pitcher then switched his gloved hand. They went back and forth 4 times or so before they said screw it. No rule necessarily as long there's no ball in play.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:58:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Well, the Indians clinched the AL Central tonight ; Hooray!

However, I cannot understand why Terry Francona put the bench players on the field Saturday & Sunday at home for two losses, and then gets the AL Central win on the road with and empty away stadium and maybe 50 fans in the camera view as they pop the champagne corks.

I watched the Saturday game on MLB.tv at home and attended the Sunday game with my family of four. Both games were disappointing shit-shows.

I feel like the hometown fans got a raw deal there, but maybe it is part of some master plan that leads to the world series.
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top