BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 98
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:55:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Has anybody heard where this nut job worked at to have enough disposable income to buy 13 firearms and go to college?
View Quote

Good question.   Was it verified that he went to that school?   The teacher who was killed was mentioned as his teacher in one report but consider that unverified.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:57:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

They show a FiveSeven for the Fort Hood shooting...

But wasn't the shooter shot with a FiveSeven?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's a screenshot of the NYT's website. Story is still at the top of the page, but inaccurately suggests the Roseburg shooter used an AR (all reports say it was a handgun). I'm sure that's an accident and will be corrected shortly

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5823/21736674169_b4018510ae_b.jpg

Best info I could find on what weapons he had, couldn't find any info on what he actually used. No one has said the rifle was used as far as I know.

A federal agency says the gunman who killed nine people at an Oregon community college had body armor and was armed with three pistols, a rifle and five additional magazines.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives provided the information late Thursday in an incident report obtained by The Associated Press. The guns included a 9mm Glock pistol and .40-caliber Smith & Wesson, both traced to the suspect.

He also had a .40-caliber Taurus pistol traced to someone in Portland and a .556-caliber Del-Ton.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/6c030bd8d9084cc183231b77b05f5582/latest-sheriff-number-firearms-shooters-home

Didn't Google, but I think that POS Major did use that FN.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:57:40 PM EDT
[#3]
As a school teacher.....all I have is a pen.....and a baseball bat....

that's it....in my classroom.

FUCK YOU commies for disarming...FUCK YOU ....
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:05:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hungary does have a history of communism.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:11:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I had a teacher that had a Indian battle axe or tomahawk… you know for historical purposes
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:28:09 AM EDT
[#6]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Shooter's Dad is blaming gun laws for his son's actions.

ROSEBURG, Ore. — The father of the gunman who killed nine people at a community college here called on the nation to change its gun laws on Saturday, saying the massacre “would not have happened” if his son had not been able to buy more than a dozen handguns and rifles.

“How was he able to compile that kind of arsenal?” the father, Ian Mercer, said in an interview with CNN at his home in Torrance, Calif. He said he had no idea that his son owned any firearms.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/04/us/death-of-gunman-in-oregon-college-shootings-is-ruled-suicide.html?_r=0

Here's an additional quote from the Dad (from the Reuters' Article posted 2 pages back). He's doubling down on blaming the guns even though he did not know his son owned 14 of them (And the LA Times article from yesterday said even the neighbors in Torrance, CA. knew they had guns). I've seen repots that the father was not involved in his life - though I do not know if that is confirmed.

"Harper-Mercer's father, Ian Mercer, told CNN that his son must have had "some kind of issue" with his mental health, and wondered "how on earth" he had been able to amass his weapons cache.

"They talk about gun control. Every time something like this happens, they talk about it, and nothing is done ... It has to change," Mercer said, adding that he had "no idea" his son owned any guns."
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:39:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's a screenshot of the NYT's website. Story is still at the top of the page, but inaccurately suggests the Roseburg shooter used an AR (all reports say it was a handgun). I'm sure that's an accident and will be corrected shortly

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5823/21736674169_b4018510ae_b.jpg

Best info I could find on what weapons he had, couldn't find any info on what he actually used. No one has said the rifle was used as far as I know.

A federal agency says the gunman who killed nine people at an Oregon community college had body armor and was armed with three pistols, a rifle and five additional magazines.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives provided the information late Thursday in an incident report obtained by The Associated Press. The guns included a 9mm Glock pistol and .40-caliber Smith & Wesson, both traced to the suspect.

He also had a .40-caliber Taurus pistol traced to someone in Portland and a .556-caliber Del-Ton.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/6c030bd8d9084cc183231b77b05f5582/latest-sheriff-number-firearms-shooters-home

I did Google and the NYT appears to have gotten that one right.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:41:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Good question.   Was it verified that he went to that school?   The teacher who was killed was mentioned as his teacher in one report but consider that unverified.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has anybody heard where this nut job worked at to have enough disposable income to buy 13 firearms and go to college?

Yes it's verified. He shot up the class he was enrolled in. A writing class I believe.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:44:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Here's an additional quote from the Dad (from the Reuters' Article posted 2 pages back). He's doubling down on blaming the guns even though he did not know his son owned 14 of them (And the LA Times article from yesterday said even the neighbors in Torrance, CA. knew they had guns). I've seen repots that the father was not involved in his life - though I do not know if that is confirmed.

"Harper-Mercer's father, Ian Mercer, told CNN that his son must have had "some kind of issue" with his mental health, and wondered "how on earth" he had been able to amass his weapons cache.

"They talk about gun control. Every time something like this happens, they talk about it, and nothing is done ... It has to change," Mercer said, adding that he had "no idea" his son owned any guns."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ROSEBURG, Ore. — The father of the gunman who killed nine people at a community college here called on the nation to change its gun laws on Saturday, saying the massacre “would not have happened” if his son had not been able to buy more than a dozen handguns and rifles.

“How was he able to compile that kind of arsenal?” the father, Ian Mercer, said in an interview with CNN at his home in Torrance, Calif. He said he had no idea that his son owned any firearms.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/04/us/death-of-gunman-in-oregon-college-shootings-is-ruled-suicide.html?_r=0

Sure, he's pulling the eject handle hoping that no repercussions come his way. I believe the neighbor before I believe him. Blame the tool, not the fool? WTF. Seriously people need to stop passing the buck and man the fuck up. "If alcohol wasn't legal I wouldn't have been shitfaced the other day when I ran over all them people" This is bullshit, we need to address the problem and the problem is NOT guns, it's the people.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:27:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sure, he's pulling the eject handle hoping that no repercussions come his way. I believe the neighbor before I believe him. Blame the tool, not the fool? WTF. Seriously people need to stop passing the buck and man the fuck up. "If alcohol wasn't legal I wouldn't have been shitfaced the other day when I ran over all them people" This is bullshit, we need to address the problem and the problem is NOT guns, it's the people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not even concerned anymore. Not at all. Obama, Biden, Feinstein, Bloomberg, liberals et al have GROSSLY overplayed their hand. It's all just desperate words at this point. Typical "sore loser" passive aggressive retorts. While I loathe seeing innocent blood shed, people finally realize it's not the gun. We know it, they know it. There's nothing they can do. We know it, they now know it. ETA: I also have a feeling you are going to see a stiff rise in CCW. People are tired of this shit with these sick freaks. I believe you're gonna start seeing said freaks in the future not making past the door before they are ventilated.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:49:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Hospital officials: 1 victim from Roseburg, Ore., shooting updated
from critical to serious condition; 1 still critical, 1 fair - @PeaceHealth_Ore

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:51:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm not even concerned anymore. Not at all. Obama, Biden, Feinstein, Bloomberg, liberals et al have GROSSLY overplayed their hand. It's all just desperate words at this point. Typical "sore loser" passive aggressive retorts. While I loathe seeing innocent blood shed, people finally realize it's not the gun. We know it, they know it. There's nothing they can do. We know it, they now know it. ETA: I also have a feeling you are going to see a stiff rise in CCW. People are tired of this shit with these sick freaks. I believe you're gonna start seeing said freaks in the future not making past the door before they are ventilated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope your right.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:52:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Stephan Molyneux weighs in, good stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrBPoX7yMKo
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:23:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Deja vu all over again.

EXCLUSIVE: Mom of Oregon mass killer stockpiled firearms out of fear of stricter gun laws, took son to shooting range

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/exclusive-mom-ore-shooter-stockpiled-guns-article-1.2384460

"The mother of the Oregon mass murderer stockpiled firearms because she feared stricter gun laws — and shopped around for a shooting range that would let her and her son fire away without supervision, the Daily News has learned.

Laurel Harper, a nurse who shared an apartment with her son Chris Harper Mercer, spoke openly about her love of guns, said the mother of one of her patients.

"She said she had multiple guns and believed wholeheartedly in the Second Amendment and wanted to get all the guns she could before someone outlawed them," Shelly Steele, who hired Harper to provide care for her sickly teenage son, told The News in an exclusive interview Saturday.

"My husband is an avid hunter and former military, so she would talk to him about it all the time, how she liked to take her son shooting," Steele said.

Harper told Steele she tried a shooting range close to the Umpqua Community College campus but didn’t like it “because it wasn’t very private.”

“You needed to have a range master with you, and she didn't like anyone watching,” said Steele, who lives in Winston, Oregon.

“She wanted more privacy.”

So Harper found a better match in a gun club in Myrtle Creek, Steele said.

"He liked to do it with her," she said, referring to Chris.

"She told my husband she just purchased some new guns a few weeks ago and took him shooting. I thought the whole situation was very strange. If you know your son has mental health issues, do you encourage a fascination with guns?"
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:36:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Deja vu all over again.

EXCLUSIVE: Mom of Oregon mass killer stockpiled firearms out of fear of stricter gun laws, took son to shooting range

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/exclusive-mom-ore-shooter-stockpiled-guns-article-1.2384460

"The mother of the Oregon mass murderer stockpiled firearms because she feared stricter gun laws — and shopped around for a shooting range that would let her and her son fire away without supervision, the Daily News has learned.

Laurel Harper, a nurse who shared an apartment with her son Chris Harper Mercer, spoke openly about her love of guns, said the mother of one of her patients.

"She said she had multiple guns and believed wholeheartedly in the Second Amendment and wanted to get all the guns she could before someone outlawed them," Shelly Steele, who hired Harper to provide care for her sickly teenage son, told The News in an exclusive interview Saturday.

"My husband is an avid hunter and former military, so she would talk to him about it all the time, how she liked to take her son shooting," Steele said.

Harper told Steele she tried a shooting range close to the Umpqua Community College campus but didn’t like it “because it wasn’t very private.”

“You needed to have a range master with you, and she didn't like anyone watching,” said Steele, who lives in Winston, Oregon.

"She told my husband she just purchased some new guns a few weeks ago and took him shooting. I thought the whole situation was very strange. If you know your son has mental health issues, do you encourage a fascination with guns?"
View Quote

I'm sure they had a picture of her in that article right?

Because black people can't own and fear gun confiscation from the government.. That's racist
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:47:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Even in my small home town then the media is trying to cover this up.

Whether it's race or not the facts need to be presented. I've got some contacts in the local news and will reach out to them Monday to see if at least one source can get it right.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:53:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Inappropriate
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:56:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Even in my small home town then the media is trying to cover this up.

Whether it's race or not the facts need to be presented. I've got some contacts in the local news and will reach out to them Monday to see if at least one source can get it right.
View Quote

Yeah, it's interesting (but not surprising) how the focus of the media changes depending on the circumstances of the particular psychopath in question.

The deranged, racist, white murderer has a month of "EVERY DETAIL OF THE KILLER" stories, while any other mass murder that doesn't fit the media agenda falls out of the news in a few days.  It would sound like tin foil nonsense if it weren't so blatantly transparent.

By the way, hope your buddy is hanging in there.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:58:14 AM EDT
[#19]

Yeah so I am not reading 87 pages of stuff, I just found something.
I am not sure if this has already been posted or not...

But has anyone discussed the funny business with his social media? Like his facebook and online presence getting redacted AFTER the shooting?

His name was changed from Chris Harper Mercer to Chris Figgalopola (to obscure the connection)

Google his Facebook handle of = unicornwhisperR

This was one of his posts

(His Facebook page itself has one of his friends calling him out as a psycho, a week or so before the shooting) https://www.facebook.com/unicornwhisperR?fref=ts

He also has some anti gun, pro-UN crap on there (that was posted yesterday)

This is one of his facebook 'kill whites' #BLM posts... as Chris Harper Mercer...

And then it got changed to Figgalopola and people noticed, and called whoever did it, out, and then got "threatened"

Source: https://www.youcaring.com/black-lives-matter-seattle-360828

Something fucky is going on

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:19:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah so I am not reading 87 pages of stuff, I just found something. I am not sure if this has already been posted or not...

But has anyone discussed the funny business with his social media? Like his facebook and online presence getting redacted AFTER the shooting?

His name was changed from Chris Harper Mercer to Chris Figgalopola (to obscure the connection)

(His Facebook page itself has one of his friends calling him out as a psycho, a week or so before the shooting) https://www.facebook.com/unicornwhisperR?fref=ts

This is one of his facebook 'kill whites' #BLM posts... as Chris Harper Mercer...

https://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/oregon-shooter-6.jpg

And then it got changed to Figgalopola and people noticed, and called whoever did it, out, and then got "threatened"

http://h.dropcanvas.com/1lf0e/proofofforgerythreats.jpg

View Quote

No kidding.  That Facebook page has a entry, "trolling for nuns so I can help them find their way back to church safe and sound."

Note that it is an edit.  If you look at the edit history, the original entry was on August 8 and read, "trolling for hookers so I can help them find their lord and savior."  At the moment, at least, you can check the edit button and see that.

That is like asking who was Christian and sending to meet Jesus and God, which I think is the essence of what he said during the massacre.

That makes me wonder if there are any missing hookers in his area of operations.

Likewise, all the Mujahadeen images have been edited off his contact's page on myspace.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:41:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Local news in Orlando this morning is still reporting that shitstain was wearing body armor and had an AUTOMATIC RIFLE. Then they go on to say that Trump wants to arm teachers while Hitlery wants "sensible gun control."
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:42:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

In a way you're right, but the concern should increase.  

A gun bill that includes a ban on weapons or magazines, like the one introduced after Newtown, will fail.  There will be no AWB, there will be no handgun ban.  Banning something for law abiding citizens is a nonstarter, even when liberals have a majority.

What they will do is introduce a) bills to close background check loopholes and/or prohibit person to person sales, b) mental health bills which include disarmament for anyone in the MH system for any reason and c) protect abused women/children bills which include disarmament for anyone even accused of domestic violence/stalking/etc.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:06:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

A gun bill that includes a ban on weapons or magazines, like the one introduced after Newtown, will fail.  There will be no AWB, there will be no handgun ban.  Banning something for law abiding citizens is a nonstarter, even when liberals have a majority.

What they will do is introduce a) bills to close background check loopholes and/or prohibit person to person sales, b) mental health bills which include disarmament for anyone in the MH system for any reason and c) protect abused women/children bills which include disarmament for anyone even accused of domestic violence/stalking/etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any mental health bills will be destroyed without any effort from us.  The ACLU, the pharmaceutical industry's lobbyists, and the mental health industry's lobbyists (both of which are more powerful - better financed- than the pro-gun lobby) will never allow it to happen.  "We can't do anything that will increase the stigma associated with mental illness.  It would only make it harder to convince the mentally ill to seek treatment." will be one of their main arguments.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:10:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I didn't think it was possible for GD to surprise me anymore, but the various threads associated with this incident have really shown the lack of critical thinking and knowledge amongst a large portion of the site's posters
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So how did that happen? Cops shot him, he doesnt die, but then puts the last one in his brain?

Im suprised police actually entered the building without waiting 5 minutes after the shooting stopped.

I'm amazed that someone has not kept up with basic active shooter doctrine that's been in place since Columbine in 1999. It's not exactly a secret, every damn shooting course in the country teaches it.

I didn't think it was possible for GD to surprise me anymore, but the various threads associated with this incident have really shown the lack of critical thinking and knowledge amongst a large portion of the site's posters

There are still federal facilities in which the response to an active shooter (if they've actually established a formal policy) is containment only.  Private security has been very slow to adopt the change, in large part because security guards are usually not good for much more than serving as mobile ammo resupply points.  

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:11:16 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Yeah so I am not reading 87 pages of stuff, I just found something. I am not sure if this has already been posted or not...

https://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/oregon-shooter-6.jpg

View Quote

That's got to be fake.  Last it was mentioned his post disappeared from the BLM page.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:41:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Any mental health bills will be destroyed without any effort from us.  The ACLU, the pharmaceutical industry's lobbyists, and the mental health industry's lobbyists (both of which are more powerful - better financed- than the pro-gun lobby) will never allow it to happen.  "We can't do anything that will increase the stigma associated with mental illness.  It would only make it harder to convince the mentally ill to seek treatment." will be one of their main arguments.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't say they would be easy to pass, I said that will be the next tactic.  The left is going to have to decide whether they want to protect mental illness patients or defenseless mass shooting victims.  Personally, I thinks there's mass support to maintain RKBA rights for law abiding, mentally healthy citizens.   I think there's also support to disarm even suspected domestic abusers and suspected mentally ill.  

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:54:04 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
  That's got to be fake.  Last it was mentioned his post disappeared from the BLM page.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The post is still there, I am staring at it, dated Aug 19

Name changed to figgalopola (after the shooting)

https://www.youcaring.com/black-lives-matter-seattle-360828

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:11:22 AM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes

Harper-Mercer reportedly had a Myspace page with only two contacts on it. One of them was Mahmoud Ali Ehsani, a devout Muslim who boasts many violent terrorist images on his page.

This basically confirms that the shooting was a Muslim hate crime against Christians.

It basically doesn't confirm anything.  

It was an old myspace page, one that hadn't been updated in a while (years, perhaps).  So, how well did he know Ehsani, and did Ehsani's own page ever change between then and now?  Pulling a more complete ISP history will help to piece things together, but to say this myspace page "confirms" something is a big stretch.  If his myspace page "confirms" anything, it might be that his self-identity as a "republican" may be due to his fascination with the IRA - which isn't anything like the GOP.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is what happens when you abandon your family, shithead. It has been reported he has had no contact with his son for over a decade. And all of a sudden he thinks he is the guys father and is in the spotlight. What a shithead.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:15:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

His online alias was ironcross45, ordered ISIS flags through the site ioffer.

This is why the media has shut down this story, fucker was Muslim.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

He also reviewed a Nazi officer's cover.  But, what strikes me as odd was the $200 price tag cited in the review.  That's a lot of money for something that may have likely been a replica, and for somebody without a job.  So, maybe he was just doing stupid reviews of stuff online.  Finding either the cover or the flag in his apartment would put an end to the speculation.  All that stuff is going to be logged as evidence.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:17:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Geez, the lunatic might have been a radical Muslim..........who would have ever thought.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:19:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

He also reviewed a Nazi officer's cover.  But, what strikes me as odd was the $200 price tag cited in the review.  That's a lot of money for something that may have likely been a replica, and for somebody without a job.  So, maybe he was just doing stupid reviews of stuff online.  Finding either the cover or the flag in his apartment would put an end to the speculation.  All that stuff is going to be logged as evidence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If his mother didn't happen to be cleaning the apartment, before somebody got there with a search warrant.

If he lived with his mother, would she have access (or have a good idea how to get access) to his online accounts?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:31:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If his mother didn't happen to be cleaning the apartment, before somebody got there with a search warrant.

If he lived with his mother, would she have access (or have a good idea how to get access) to his online accounts?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They went after the Tsarnaev's friends for throwing stuff out after the fact, and charged them.  If there is any evidence of her doing so, I'd hope she'd see the same charges.

Regarding the changes to his online profiles - there weren't any noticeable changes from the time the shooter's ID was released and when numerous articles sprung up purporting changes.  There are screenshots of his profiles taken around 9pm EDT on the day of the shooting, and the information is unchanged from the screenshots in the blog articles saying the profiles were changed.  The shooter's page was archived by a third party service multiple times, yes, but that's not the same as his profiles being changed.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#34]
my teachers in mid high and high school were better armed than the police.

SW59
38 snubs
Ruger Security six's

one teacher rocked the house with a GB 20 with the stock folded in the front seat of his truck that was parked 30 ft away from his chair with a door leading to it.

teachers would bring into class all kinds of new guns and bows they bought to show off.

we also had no real acts of violence, except for the girls fighting which sometimes were awesome.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:45:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

They went after the Tsarnaev's friends for throwing stuff out after the fact, and charged them.  If there is any evidence of her doing so, I'd hope she'd see the same charges.

Regarding the changes to his online profiles - there weren't any noticeable changes from the time the shooter's ID was released and when numerous articles sprung up purporting changes.  There are screenshots of his profiles taken around 9pm EDT on the day of the shooting, and the information is unchanged from the screenshots in the blog articles saying the profiles were changed.  The shooter's page was archived by a third party service multiple times, yes, but that's not the same as his profiles being changed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anybody have screen shots of his social media from the day or week before the shooting?

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:46:30 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I'm tracking that is what it is showing, but I don't believe it would update if you changed the name on Facebook.  The poster below that claims it was a photoshop, not sure that isn't the logical explanation.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:49:07 AM EDT
[#37]
This is sounding more and more like an Adam Lanza / Sandy Hook situation every minute.

Kid with autism - check.
Crazy mom - check.
Democrats - check.

Maybe there is a Raoul X out there after all.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This is sounding more and more like an Adam Lanza / Sandy Hook situation every minute.

Kid with autism - check.
Crazy mom - check.
Democrats - check.

View Quote

Yup..........looks like the initial stories might be wrong.........she might very well be a loon.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:55:29 AM EDT
[#39]
The killer was "disabled", so I'm certain he was receiving gubbment disability payments.  That's where he got the cash to buy those weapons.  

So if you want to blame something, blame those  gubbment checks.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#40]
From the Dailymail;

The mother of Oregon shooter Chris Harper-Mercer bragged about her collection of weapons and spoke out in support of open-carry laws on Facebook. Laurel Harper, who worked as a nurse and shared an apartment with her 26-year-old son near the Umpqua Community College Campus, said on the social media site that she would 'sling' one of her many guns over her shoulder 'when the mood strikes'.Harper names at least six guns in her long-winded dialogue about her support for open carry laws in Oregon according to vocativ.com.

I did see a video of the Mom early on, she was cornered in the parking lot but they only showed her from behind/side.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 11:37:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yup..........looks like the initial stories might be wrong.........she might very well be a loon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kid with autism - check.
Crazy mom - check.
Democrats - check.

Because she distrusted the government and had firearms? Yeah super crazy...

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 11:39:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nah, I have read where she might have known her son was a loon and defended, enabled and protected him.................when most parents would have gone to some pros and told them their son was a lunatic.

Don't know all the facts but that seems to be coming out more and more over time.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 11:40:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Someone who went sudden jihadi syndrome and decided to take down a school?  Sounds like Beslan to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am becoming convinced this wasn't a mass killing or school shooting.  This was probably the first American Breslan.

With one murderer?

Someone who went sudden jihadi syndrome and decided to take down a school?  Sounds like Beslan to me.

That's so far from what happened at Beslan it's not even funny.

Beslan was a well planned and prepared for mission by well established islamic extremist to attack a school on it's first day to maximize emotional and political effects due to the large number of young children...
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 11:44:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Nah, I have read where she might have known her son was a loon and defended, enabled and protected him.................when most parents would have gone to some pros and told them their son was a lunatic.

Don't know all the facts but that seems to be coming out more and more over time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im sure we will but I would take them with a grain of salt from the media.  Dont get me wrong, she made a mistake enabling and ignoring her sons disorder, and probably should have known not to have him around firearms, but I'll bet he was perfectly normal around her to some extent, and he was her son so shes going to be blind to certain things as well.

I dont think that makes her a loon.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 11:47:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Im sure we will but I would take them with a grain of salt from the media.  Dont get me wrong, she made a mistake enabling and ignoring her sons disorder, and probably should have known not to have him around firearms, but I'll bet he was perfectly normal around her to some extent, and he was her son so shes going to be blind to certain things as well.

I dont think that makes her a loon.
View Quote

You could be right..........I just don't know for sure.

Unless there is some smoking gun we might never know for sure.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 11:47:57 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Because black people can't own and fear gun confiscation from the government.. That's racist
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Deja vu all over again.

Harper told Steele she tried a shooting range close to the Umpqua Community College campus but didn’t like it "because it wasn’t very private.”

"You needed to have a range master with you, and she didn't like anyone watching,” said Steele, who lives in Winston, Oregon.

"She wanted more privacy.”

Guessing she re-married.

Listen to this shit from the father.

http://therightscoop.com/father-of-oregon-killer-blames-guns-for-umpqua-massacre/

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 11:51:02 AM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

The same father that was not involved in his life.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 11:55:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Deja vu all over again.

View Quote

Not sue if this is really from the mother's FB page:
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:09:11 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Deja vu all over again.

http://scallywagandvagabond.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/m.png

Sling carries a Tec9.

Doesn't think anything of slinging a rifle over her shoulder, but thinks a shotgun is too cumbersome to carry around?

My guess is either idiot, troll, or loon.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:11:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Luckily the shooter had a Del-Ton.  

If it was an AR-15 the media would be all over the fact that he had an AR
Page / 98
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top