BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 98
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I hope that nasty bump on your head heals up. That was a bad fall you took there.
It has clearly affected up your thinking.

Nothing to see here, move right along. He was a White guy.
Look at what CNN did to his picture. Lightened it up. Changed profile of his nose and lips.
Just like those early pictures of the WHITE Hispanic in Florida, that shot that poor Travon.

Link to one of the mods favorite site. But worth reading.
Found it on another website.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2015/10/02/the-curious-case-of-oregon-shooter-chris-harper-mercer-a-social-media-profile-shaped-modified-and-deleted/
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are they classifying this as a hate crime? Black guy kills 9 white people and no mention of race motive involved?

I hope that nasty bump on your head heals up. That was a bad fall you took there.

Look at what CNN did to his picture. Lightened it up. Changed profile of his nose and lips.
Just like those early pictures of the WHITE Hispanic in Florida, that shot that poor Travon.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2015/10/02/the-curious-case-of-oregon-shooter-chris-harper-mercer-a-social-media-profile-shaped-modified-and-deleted/

Is this accurate? The part about CNN changing his appearance? This shooting is absolutely bizarre, or atleast the media response is.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Make of this what you will.

On the left is the selfie [the murderer] uploaded to his social media. On the right is how CNN presented the same selfie in broadcast stories about him.  Why did CNN need to change the complexion (color) of their broadcast?  

Why is no-one showing pictures of mom, Laurel Margaret Harper.

ROSAL at theconservativetreehouse.com

[Note: Murderer's name redacted by this member, not source]

View Quote

Manipulated image referenced in article:

BEFORE (L) and AFTER (R)

Note: To be clear, per the article, the BEFORE image the murderer posted himself, the AFTER image is what CNN is using

Another self-portrait of murderer from hollywoodlife.com

Image of mother referenced in article:

Image of father referenced in article:

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:00:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Someone who went sudden jihadi syndrome and decided to take down a school?  Sounds like Beslan to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am becoming convinced this wasn't a mass killing or school shooting.  This was probably the first American Breslan.

With one murderer?

Someone who went sudden jihadi syndrome and decided to take down a school?  Sounds like Beslan to me.

They are nothing alike. The Beslan massacre was a military assault committed by 32 hardcore Chechen separatists not some random nutjob with jihadi leanings/ideations.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:10:30 PM EDT
[#4]
so has the media finally dropped this story since it no longer fits their narrative?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:13:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

BEFORE (L) and AFTER (R)

https://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/oregon-shooter-9-color-black.jpg

Note: To be clear, per the article, the BEFORE image the murderer posted himself, the AFTER image is what CNN is using

https://pmchollywoodlife.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/chris-harper-mercer-ucc-shooter-ftr1.jpg?w=600

https://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/oregon-shooter-10-mom.jpg

https://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/oregon-shooter-11-dad.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

On the left is the selfie [the murderer] uploaded to his social media. On the right is how CNN presented the same selfie in broadcast stories about him.  Why did CNN need to change the complexion (color) of their broadcast?  

Why is no-one showing pictures of mom, Laurel Margaret Harper.

ROSAL at theconservativetreehouse.com

[Note: Murderer's name redacted by this member, not source]

BEFORE (L) and AFTER (R)

https://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/oregon-shooter-9-color-black.jpg

https://pmchollywoodlife.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/chris-harper-mercer-ucc-shooter-ftr1.jpg?w=600

https://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/oregon-shooter-10-mom.jpg

https://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/oregon-shooter-11-dad.jpg

I searched and could not find the altered photo anywhere but on the website you referenced. I wouldn't put it past CNN or any of the MSM to do that, they have been caught manipulating the truth before. They certainly appear to have been given talking points from the halfrican in DC to not focus on the shooter but on the guns. It would be the other way around if a white supremacist shot up a bunch of muslims.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:14:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Yay, more angry, young men.

4 students arrested in Tuolumne County school shooting plot

SONORA, Calif. (KCRA) —An investigation into a planned shooting at a Tuolumne County school led to the arrests of four students, deputies said Saturday.

Authorities with the Tuolumne County Sheriff's Office said administrators at Summerville High School contacted them Wednesday about three students who were making threats against the students and faculty.

An investigation included interviews with the students and several searches, and officials said they were able to identify a fourth student who was also involved in the plan.

Investigators said the plot was in its early stages, and no one was injured.

The four students, who were not identified because they're juveniles, were arrested on conspiracy charges.

A news conference is planned for 3 p.m. Saturday at the County Board of Supervisors chambers on Green Street in Sonora.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I don't think he is banned, he took his ball and went home

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't take it anymore, I have to speak up.

You motherfuckers make me physically ill. <snip>

Admins, you need to vet, you need to do your FUCKING job, you need to do something. You're embarrassing the entire firearms community by letting this fucking bullshit persist.

Says the guy who re-registered 4 times after being locked for a nasty anti-semitic rant.

Ruh-Roh...

And damn if someone didn't call it last night right after his first rant, said this guy was mentally unstable himself, among other things. I took it as a joke or a simple jab, looks more and more like they were on the right track.

And Mikhail86, looks like you might wanna get ready to carve another notch in your six-gun.

ETA: Might as well make that two, the other being Beowulf-X. Never understood why he didn't make your "kill-list", you were instrumental in his demise lol.

I don't think he is banned, he took his ball and went home

Dude I thought you might have gotten a time out.  You left and I thought it was you that got it and not the dufus.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Are they classifying this as a hate crime? Black guy kills 9 white people and no mention of race motive involved?

As crazy as some of that sounds, if you go to google and search "Chris Harper-Mercer site:cnn.com" and go to "Images" they don't have any pictures of him up.  

If you add "mom" to the search the only post is on a conservative site.  If you search dad it is the 2, 5,6, and 8th.  

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
so has the media finally dropped this story since it no longer fits their narrative?
View Quote

Pretty much, just like you never hear about the recruiter shooter/jihad
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Garland TX has disappeared also.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:09:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am becoming convinced this wasn't a mass killing or school shooting.  This was probably the first American Breslan.

With one murderer?

He was just a sadly disturbed young man, who fell into despair and chose the wrong path.  Nothing to see here, move along.

I mean it's not like he went all jihad and shot up a military recruiting center or a military training facility.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:13:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Is this accurate? The part about CNN changing his appearance? This shooting is absolutely bizarre, or atleast the media response is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did a quick search of CNN's website and Google images, couldn't find the allegedly altered pic. The conservative treehouse guy needs to link to the original before I'm ready to buy what he's selling.

He makes other claims that hold no water, including the shooter's name (his very own Google cache image of the theater production shows his name to be hyphenated), the notion that his student status is being hidden (it's not, it's all over the news), and that there's some grand conspiracy to hide his online activities (also all over the news).

This guy has an agenda, but I don't think getting to the truth of the matter is at the top of the list. Partisan shit stirrer, no better than CNN.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:15:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Along with the live news reporter one.  That one vanished within a couple of days sans that politician dad.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Um, it's still 24/7 on the local Oregon news agencies. As of right now, it's still at the top of CNN's website, top of ABC News' website, multiple stories on NBC News' front page, top of NYT's website, top of CBS News' website, etc.

Where exactly is the story being buried?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Is it true the killer was a #BLM supporter?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:24:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

While I agree with you the apparent fact that he didn't use the rifle is most important, in this case the semantics are hugely important as well.  The term "automatic rifle" is specifically being used to scare the uninformed into thinking "machine gun" so they will throw their support behind new legislation further restricting "assault weapons".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just saw on ABCNEWS, Good Morning America, the shooter had an,

AUTOMATIC RIFLE,

they stated it and had the words AUTOMATIC RIFLE, in bold large letters splashed on the TV Screen,

Dear ABC, this is your head, this is your ass, they are not interchangeable and learn some journalism skills before you report stupid shit to the sheeple.

Micro rant done.

Instead of getting angry over the semantics of automatic/semi-automatic, I'd focus on the information that suggests the rifle wasn't actually fired in the course of shooting.

While I agree with you the apparent fact that he didn't use the rifle is most important, in this case the semantics are hugely important as well.  The term "automatic rifle" is specifically being used to scare the uninformed into thinking "machine gun" so they will throw their support behind new legislation further restricting "assault weapons".

I was working at an ABC affiliate when the Clinton Ban was coming into effect. ABC's story had some dude firing a FA MAC-10.
I went through our back channel to them, and called them on it. Crickets.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:37:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Here's a screenshot of the NYT's website. Story is still at the top of the page, but inaccurately suggests the Roseburg shooter used an AR (all reports say it was a handgun). I'm sure that's an accident and will be corrected shortly

Best info I could find on what weapons he had, couldn't find any info on what he actually used. No one has said the rifle was used as far as I know.

A federal agency says the gunman who killed nine people at an Oregon community college had body armor and was armed with three pistols, a rifle and five additional magazines.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives provided the information late Thursday in an incident report obtained by The Associated Press. The guns included a 9mm Glock pistol and .40-caliber Smith & Wesson, both traced to the suspect.

He also had a .40-caliber Taurus pistol traced to someone in Portland and a .556-caliber Del-Ton.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/6c030bd8d9084cc183231b77b05f5582/latest-sheriff-number-firearms-shooters-home
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So how did that happen? Cops shot him, he doesnt die, but then puts the last one in his brain?

Im suprised police actually entered the building without waiting 5 minutes after the shooting stopped.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From Sheriff Hanlin: Cause of death of shooter, per Medical Examiner, was suicide.

So how did that happen? Cops shot him, he doesnt die, but then puts the last one in his brain?

Im suprised police actually entered the building without waiting 5 minutes after the shooting stopped.

I'm amazed that someone has not kept up with basic active shooter doctrine that's been in place since Columbine in 1999. It's not exactly a secret, every damn shooting course in the country teaches it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#19]
While glad rifle was not used. We all know it wont make a difference.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:50:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'm amazed that someone has not kept up with basic active shooter doctrine that's been in place since Columbine in 1999. It's not exactly a secret, every damn shooting course in the country teaches it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
From Sheriff Hanlin: Cause of death of shooter, per Medical Examiner, was suicide.

I didn't think it was possible for GD to surprise me anymore, but the various threads associated with this incident have really shown the lack of critical thinking and knowledge amongst a large portion of the site's posters
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:54:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm surprised at the stupidity of your post, so I guess we are even.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:56:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a Sandy Hook reference.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

5 minutes 57 seconds
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:00:44 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Here's a screenshot of the NYT's website. Story is still at the top of the page, but inaccurately suggests the Roseburg shooter used an AR (all reports say it was a handgun). I'm sure that's an accident and will be corrected shortly

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5823/21736674169_b4018510ae_b.jpg

Best info I could find on what weapons he had, couldn't find any info on what he actually used. No one has said the rifle was used as far as I know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

A federal agency says the gunman who killed nine people at an Oregon community college had body armor and was armed with three pistols, a rifle and five additional magazines.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives provided the information late Thursday in an incident report obtained by The Associated Press. The guns included a 9mm Glock pistol and .40-caliber Smith & Wesson, both traced to the suspect.

He also had a .40-caliber Taurus pistol traced to someone in Portland and a .556-caliber Del-Ton.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/6c030bd8d9084cc183231b77b05f5582/latest-sheriff-number-firearms-shooters-home

Anyone else find it odd as hell they keep referring to it as a Del-ton and not an AR-15?

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:04:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Anyone else find it odd as hell they keep referring to it as a Del-ton and not an AR-15?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you think anybody in the news media has a clue that a Del-ton rifle is even remotely similar to an AR-15?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I find it more odd that the screen grab above shows an AR in reference to the shooting when it was said the shooting was done with a handgun.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Do you think anybody in the news media has a clue that a Del-ton rifle is even remotely similar to an AR-15?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Someone probably does, but I don't even think most people who own black rifles know.  But if you google it the first result is a Delton DT Sport, you would think they would have changed the article to reflect the EBR status.  

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:17:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fine with me. Presonally don't care about what they call the fucking thing. Auto or not, no one really cares.

I was in the principals office last week due to my 5yo having some anxiety issues with starting school. She had a binder on her desk that was lableled "active shooter". I didn't even ask, but fuck it made me think hard about not home schooling them. I guess you have to turn them loose at some point but damn that makes you think hard about some things...
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:20:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Myspace still has his page up, I think they are just happy for the traffic.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Someone probably does, but I don't even think most people who own black rifles know.  But if you google it the first result is a Delton DT Sport, you would think they would have changed the article to reflect the EBR status.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then they'd be calling it a Del-ton AK47.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:33:47 PM EDT
[#31]
New shit keeps coming out, POS shooter was a Brit, at least by birth, immigrated at a young age.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

No shit.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:43:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

No shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:52:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Shooter's Dad is blaming gun laws for his son's actions.

ROSEBURG, Ore. — The father of the gunman who killed nine people at a community college here called on the nation to change its gun laws on Saturday, saying the massacre “would not have happened” if his son had not been able to buy more than a dozen handguns and rifles.

“How was he able to compile that kind of arsenal?” the father, Ian Mercer, said in an interview with CNN at his home in Torrance, Calif. He said he had no idea that his son owned any firearms.
View Quote

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/04/us/death-of-gunman-in-oregon-college-shootings-is-ruled-suicide.html?_r=0
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:55:10 PM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Quoted:

ROSEBURG, Ore. — The father of the gunman who killed nine people at a community college here called on the nation to change its gun laws on Saturday, saying the massacre “would not have happened” if his son had not been able to buy more than a dozen handguns and rifles.

“How was he able to compile that kind of arsenal?” the father, Ian Mercer, said in an interview with CNN at his home in Torrance, Calif. He said he had no idea that his son owned any firearms.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/04/us/death-of-gunman-in-oregon-college-shootings-is-ruled-suicide.html?_r=0

Why wasn't the dad in the murderer's life to keep track of him?  The dad needs to go back to whatever country saw his birth.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:00:40 PM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes
Quoted:

So the stupid fuck thinks an organization, or a bureaucracy,  should have more knowledge of
his son than himself ??  

Fuck you, you asshole.  Take some responsibility for your tainted fucking spawn.  

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:18:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Why wasn't the dad in the murderer's life to keep track of him?  The dad needs to go back to whatever country saw his birth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:20:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Indeed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed

It is just easier for this asshole to place the blame on a inanimate object instead of himself.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:34:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be England of course.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm assuming they're reporting exactly what the ATF told them, including the ".556 caliber." One would hope the ATF knows there's no such thing as .556 caliber, but this is the ATF, so...yeah.

Also shows the media is too damn lazy to do a basic Google search to verify their "facts" or to learn the first thing about the guns they want to ban. Much lIke Congresscunt McCarthy and her "cop killer" "shoulder thing that goes up," i.e., barrel shrouds.

Hopefully they won't figure out that Del-ton is just an off brand AR.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:46:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm assuming they're reporting exactly what the ATF told them, including the ".556 caliber." One would hope the ATF knows there's no such thing as .556 caliber, but this is the ATF, so...yeah.

Also shows the media is too damn lazy to do a basic Google search to verify their "facts" or to learn the first thing about the guns they want to ban. Much lIke Congresscunt McCarthy and her "cop killer" "shoulder thing that goes up," i.e., barrel shrouds.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is why I call them out on their mistakes, intentional or not, every time I get and I encourage the rest of you to do the same.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:00:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:09:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Chris Mintz's GoFundMe is just shy of $697,000  !  

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:19:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I did a quick search of CNN's website and Google images, couldn't find the allegedly altered pic. The conservative treehouse guy needs to link to the original before I'm ready to buy what he's selling.

He makes other claims that hold no water, including the shooter's name (his very own Google cache image of the theater production shows his name to be hyphenated), the notion that his student status is being hidden (it's not, it's all over the news), and that there's some grand conspiracy to hide his online activities (also all over the news).

This guy has an agenda, but I don't think getting to the truth of the matter is at the top of the list. Partisan shit stirrer, no better than CNN.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This probably won't matter, but the first photo I saw of the shooter, was the photo that is displayed here that is said to be doctored, portraying a lighter complexion
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:37:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

So the stupid fuck thinks an organization, or a bureaucracy,  should have more knowledge of
his son than himself ??  

Fuck you, you asshole.  Take some responsibility for your tainted fucking spawn.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

his son than himself ??  

Nailed it.

WTF? Seriously,passing the blame.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:37:57 PM EDT
[#46]
700k. Outstanding.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:48:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Crazy that this all went down on the same day that the two guys who gunned down that Border Patrol agent with ATF-provided AKs were convicted. Not a tin foil type, but I'm sure this administration didn't mind the timing.  Glad that the hero, Mintz, has some money coming to him, he earned it.  Prayers out to all the families affected.  I wish these fucking socially inept nerds would stop adopting an asinine cause or the "blaze of glory" trope and just kill themselves in their basements.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:50:27 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

They show a FiveSeven for the Fort Hood shooting...

But wasn't the shooter shot with a FiveSeven?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:52:46 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Nailed it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ROSEBURG, Ore. — The father of the gunman who killed nine people at a community college here called on the nation to change its gun laws on Saturday, saying the massacre "would not have happened” if his son had not been able to buy more than a dozen handguns and rifles.

"How was he able to compile that kind of arsenal?” the father, Ian Mercer, said in an interview with CNN at his home in Torrance, Calif. He said he had no idea that his son owned any firearms.

his son than himself ??  

Nailed it.

Passing the blame so he won't be criticized for bad parenting
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:53:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Has anybody heard where this nut job worked at to have enough disposable income to buy 13 firearms and go to college?
Page / 98
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top