My only conclusion;

Those cops are dopers.

Arfcom doesn't like dopers.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

What I'm most amazed at is the fact that this is the only thread I can ever remember with police misconduct that wasn't IMMMEDIATELY swarmed by ARFCOMs holster sniffers claiming they need more context, or how this was in fact (wait for it, ARFCOM's favorite .mil/LE adjective) "outstanding" police work.

It's almost as though they've thrown in the towel on this one right outta the gate.

Was it the destruction of the surveillance system? Cops eating pot candy/food? The fact that the motorcycle cop from the village people was allowed to participate?

Dunno.

My only conclusion;

Those cops are dopers.

Arfcom doesn't like dopers.

If the only issue they see here is the cops eating pot candy, they'd be about one rung higher on the ladder of professional ethics as those in the video.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I read the bold and then I read it again.    I have one question for you.  Why?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In!

Digging the moto cop keeping his helmet on

Made me laugh. Not a bad idea though.

If they are trying the product, they need to be fired ASAP. Drug test. Positive hit and kick them to the curb. Even consider charging them with evidence tampering.

I don't get the camera destruction. Find the recorder and unplug it. Can't do it? Well, then clip the wire or cover them up.

I read the bold and then I read it again.    I have one question for you.  Why?  

To hide their pillaging.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:16:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:19:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
And what in gods name was this moron doing?

Herp Derp
View Quote

One too many edibles.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:21:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nahh, they have been conditioned to be untouchable and above the law, hence the behavior.  Each are so egotistical, even with all the videos being released, they personally think they are still above the law.  

In for the charges, convictions, and jail time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You'd think after so many cops have been jammed up by hidden cameras they'd learn.

Nahh, they have been conditioned to be untouchable and above the law, hence the behavior.  Each are so egotistical, even with all the videos being released, they personally think they are still above the law.  

In for the charges, convictions, and jail time.

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:24:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Seems like this sort of think is becoming less the exception and more the rule.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:28:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Thank you!  Those pics coupled with your username=priceless!  
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:33:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If they are trying the product, they need to be fired ASAP. Drug test. Positive hit and kick them to the curb. Even consider charging them with evidence tampering.

I don't get the camera destruction. Find the recorder and unplug it. Can't do it? Well, then clip the wire or cover them up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In!

Digging the moto cop keeping his helmet on

Why wait for the positive hit?  You have video evidence of them using drugs.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:34:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It looked like they were banging on the door then pulled it open in the beginning.

Cue the gif!

Eta: actually I can't tell. They may have been trying to pry it open. Nvm.
View Quote

It sure looked to me like they were trying to bash open an outward swinging commercial door.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:40:25 AM EDT
[#10]
California cops often can get away with anything and they know it.  Highly paid and highly protected.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:42:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Jumping to conclusions?

However, Rojas added that because of the editing, it’s impossible to know if the behavior was taken out of context. The video doesn’t show where the alleged edibles came from, and it’s not completely clear whether the policewoman was referring to the amputee in her comment. The clip with officers throwing darts appears to repeat some of the same scenes more than once.

“I don’t know if that’s [a marijuana] edible. Where did [the officer] get it?” Rojas said. “Is that a protein bar or an edible?”

Rojas requested that Pappas turn over the full, unedited video to police to assist in the investigation.

Pappas says he doesn’t know definitively that the officers were eating marijuana edibles because he “can’t see the labels,”...........

Voice of OC also requested the full unedited video, but was told that it was taken from a digital video recording machine and isn’t in “a recognizable format,” making it difficult to transfer.

Pappas added that he would soon be filing a lawsuit aimed at invalidating a voter-approved measure permitting 20 marijuana collectives to operate in an industrial section of the city.

“I’m filing a lawsuit, so [the police] can get the raw footage in discovery,” Pappas said.

http://voiceofoc.org/2015/06/santa-ana-to-investigate-police-conduct-in-pot-shop-raid/

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:46:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It sure looked to me like they were trying to bash open an outward swinging commercial door.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It looked like they were banging on the door then pulled it open in the beginning.

Cue the gif!

That's only because they were already high.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:51:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Jumping to conclusions?

However, Rojas added that because of the editing, it’s impossible to know if the behavior was taken out of context. The video doesn’t show where the alleged edibles came from, and it’s not completely clear whether the policewoman was referring to the amputee in her comment. The clip with officers throwing darts appears to repeat some of the same scenes more than once.

“I don’t know if that’s [a marijuana] edible. Where did [the officer] get it?” Rojas said. “Is that a protein bar or an edible?”

Rojas requested that Pappas turn over the full, unedited video to police to assist in the investigation.

Pappas says he doesn’t know definitively that the officers were eating marijuana edibles because he “can’t see the labels,”...........

Voice of OC also requested the full unedited video, but was told that it was taken from a digital video recording machine and isn’t in “a recognizable format,” making it difficult to transfer.

Pappas added that he would soon be filing a lawsuit aimed at invalidating a voter-approved measure permitting 20 marijuana collectives to operate in an industrial section of the city.

“I’m filing a lawsuit, so [the police] can get the raw footage in discovery,” Pappas said.

http://voiceofoc.org/2015/06/santa-ana-to-investigate-police-conduct-in-pot-shop-raid/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jumping to conclusions?

Alright, let's give them the benefit of the doubt on all of that, it's generous but let's do it.

Why did they try to break all of the cameras?
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:56:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cue the gif!

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#15]
. They are totally Fucking disgusting and LE wonders why some people have got it in for them.  Fire everyone of those mother suckers.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:57:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Alright, let's give them the benefit of the doubt on all of that, it's generous but let's do it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jumping to conclusions?

Did they break them or remove them from the mounting locations? The cop in the video seemed to be pulling them down kinda gently to be honest. Being real honest, I'm nearly positive the female cop was talking about the one legged scooter bound woman when she made the "almost kicked her in the nub" comment.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:05:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Did they break them or remove them from the mounting locations? The cop in the video seemed to be pulling them down kinda gently to be honest. Being real honest, I'm nearly positive the female cop was talking about the one legged scooter bound woman when she made the "almost kicked her in the nub" comment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jumping to conclusions?

Ok, we'll say "disable", why were they trying to "disable" the cameras?
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought that was obvious, dude.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:06:24 AM EDT
[#19]
dbltap
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:07:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Remember kids... only the police are Profesional enough to have firearms.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:11:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Especially when it appears like they were seizing the DVR anyways.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:15:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Jumping to conclusions?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jumping to conclusions?

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:20:33 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

How about prosecuted? Oh yeah, we don't do that...
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:22:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Will  "TURN OFF THAT RADIO!" become the new pick up that can?
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:27:28 AM EDT
[#25]
What the hell was Officer Spaceball doing with holding the bolt cutters up like the Ten Commandments?
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:34:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What the hell was Officer Spaceball doing with holding the bolt cutters up like the Ten Commandments?
View Quote

Oh fuck, that was funny.

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:35:27 AM EDT
[#27]
That looked like raid by The Village People.

All it needs is the soundtrack to Macho Man!

Anyone out there with good video editing skills?
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:40:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:44:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Because they were trying to destroy the business. There was a reason for the raid and it wasn't about the law.

Pappas claims the lawsuit will include evidence of a “high ranking city official” having a “pecuniary interest in the operations of a lottery winning collective,” and that this official, whom Pappas declined to name, likely had a hand in directing the police raids.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:49:24 AM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:08:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Shouldn't they lose their rights to carry and own firearms now? Injecting marijuanas is a disqualification for guns. oh wait.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:10:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I have a couple of industry contacts that make very good money wiring the access control and camera systems for the clinics. I might even know who wired this place since one of them ALWAYS does a coupe of hidden secondary, stand alone (self recording) or direct to cloud cameras outside of the regular camera and dvr setup.

I am curious as to why Santa Ana PD is even raiding a clinic…. Shits legal yo.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
what camera kept recording?

One they missed.

Looks like they had a secondary system that was hidden better... Good thinking.

I have a couple of industry contacts that make very good money wiring the access control and camera systems for the clinics. I might even know who wired this place since one of them ALWAYS does a coupe of hidden secondary, stand alone (self recording) or direct to cloud cameras outside of the regular camera and dvr setup.

I am curious as to why Santa Ana PD is even raiding a clinic…. Shits legal yo.

It was an "unlicensed" business....

I think the cops just wanted to try out this whole pot thing they keep arresting people for
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:13:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Jumping to conclusions?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jumping to conclusions?

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:14:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Eight bad apples all on the same raid. What are the odds?
View Quote

Yeah, odd.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:18:15 AM EDT
[#35]
That wasn't a bust, that was a robbery.

... And the people they robbed PAID them to do it.

Boy, I hope the business owner bought them lunch too.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:20:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Because they were trying to destroy the business. There was a reason for the raid and it wasn't about the law.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pappas claims the lawsuit will include evidence of a “high ranking city official” having a “pecuniary interest in the operations of a lottery winning collective,” and that this official, whom Pappas declined to name, likely had a hand in directing the police raids.

Good to see police forces have cleaned up their act since the rough & rowdy days of the 1920's.

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:23:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't know why they are. Some reasons to consider are:

The video is on a loop and will begin erasing evidence you need
You don't know how or who has remote access
You don't know about or if there is a cloud back-up
You don't want any interviews or potential witnesses to be immediately identified via video
If you have an informant inside, you don't want them to be immediately known
If you have an officer undercover, you don't want them known
There is also a security issue, as the suspects would be able to monitor who has what evidence, if they planned to attempt a stop to the seizure

If you don't have a valid reason, leave it alone. I have done enough where we left the cameras.on until we were done. We had video of what we did. We had video of how we did it. Since dvrs are much bigger than tapes used to be, there shouldn't be a big concern about overwrite. Standalone cameras aren't always the same though.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

How do you figure?

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:28:15 AM EDT
[#40]
I would like to see the unedited version of the tape, but it sure doesn't look good for the cops in that one. It will be interesting to see the outcome of that IA.....
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:28:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Late, but, in!

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:28:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Isolated incident.
View Quote

I'll bet you are in quite a quandary, huh?

On one hand you have cops being scumbags, but at the same time they are trashing a doper's shop, so you have to be conflicted.

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:30:13 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Yeah, odd.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Eight bad apples all on the same raid. What are the odds?

Yeah, odd.

This is usually carefully avoided by the normal apologists, as it shoots large holes in the "Vast minority" schtick.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:30:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Why wait for the positive hit?  You have video evidence of them using drugs.
View Quote

If the video shows what he is eating and it's source, can him. The problem is we have an edited video. It shows him eating but where did the food come from. I always bring protein bars to a warrant. You never know how long the will be.

If video shows him eating or drinking anything from there, he needs discipline. If it is a narcotic laced food, can him.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#45]
They should have just ate some edibles, and then raided the place........

Tomorrow

Yeah we will raid it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:30:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Bet those cops all stepped on the pot needles, thuse then, they are not responsible for their behavior.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:33:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
And cops wonder why people are starting to look down on them?!? Gee, when you see these sort of "isolated incidents" on a daily basis, it makes one start to wonder about the people in the profession...
View Quote

Cite?
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:35:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Tomorrow

View Quote

Wanna get a pizza?

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:38:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Wanna get a pizza?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomorrow

Wanna get a pizza?

Can I run the lights and siren on the way?
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:39:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It's only one bad apple, what are you worried about?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why are so many of them ok with that? Out of that many guys not one thought that was a bad idea? WTF?

It's only one bad apple, what are you worried about?

They'll just smile and waive now. This is the policing we've been asking for.

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top