BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 11:24:23 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Federal Government has it's moments causing grief for it's citizens.

Tag for later
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, it's about that guy who helped the Russians and terrorists.  That was nice of him.

I wouldn't exactly call the federal government, terrorist.  

The Federal Government has it's moments causing grief for it's citizens.

Tag for later

I'm terrible at sarcasm.  

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Oh, it's about that guy who helped the Russians and terrorists.  That was nice of him.
View Quote

It is easier to fool a person than to convince him that he has been fooled.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 12:11:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it's the guy that gave up a very cushy, very high paying job, his family and friends, to expose the fuckery that has been waged against our constitution.  

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:06:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
He helped the federal government?  He gave their secrets to the public and god knows what else to the Russians.  The Russians don't even use email in the Kremlin any more.  They type out messages on typewriters.  They started doing this after Mr. Snowden landed.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He helped the federal government?  He gave their secrets to the public and god knows what else to the Russians.  The Russians don't even use email in the Kremlin any more.  They type out messages on typewriters.  They started doing this after Mr. Snowden landed.  

"On no account will a commie ever drink water, and not without good reason..."
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:09:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

what?

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:11:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Liberty trumps national security...especially against those two groups.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:13:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Watching it tonight. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:14:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I watched it in the background one day while working out of the house so it didn't have 100% of my attention. The film maker seems like a douche and tried to play up the danger. Snowden is a pajama boy. And they took credibility away from the main issue(NSA spying on Joe Blow) by revealing things like where the US drones conducting air strikes were operating out of and that we were spying on people like Merkel.
View Quote

Haven't seen it yet, so no comment on that, but I doubt they played the danger up enough. When Barack Obama declares you an enemy of the state you'll have the baddest intel agencies in the world sending assassins to kill you wherever you try to hide. If that isn't 'danger' I don't know what is.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 12:24:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

what?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what?

That's because commies know that water is the main ingredient in Kool-Aid.

And  you need to learn your Dr. Strangelove quotes.

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:04:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:08:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wow, powerful.

I knew things were bad but I had no idea they were that bad. Some of the things he alludes to in that film, which I don't doubt for one second, are just mind blowing.

You will want to put a piece of electrical tape over the camera on your iPad and unplug your phone after watching this.

Mind blowing.
View Quote

That's pretty much my reaction. Kinda feel like my cell phone needs to spend more time turned off.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 10:03:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 10:19:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Here's what confused me while watching this:  I thought what Snowden did was more of a spur of the moment, crisis of conscience issue.  But watching this thing, it looked like he had planned this for a very long time, which makes him look bad, imo.

That's beyond the point of whether what the NSA and the Feds are doing is right.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 10:31:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
This!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it's the guy that gave up a very cushy, very high paying job, his family and friends, to expose the fuckery that has been waged against our constitution.  

This!!!

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 10:46:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 11:26:08 PM EDT
[#16]

The people that don't plan are taking dirt naps and nobody will ever know their name.

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 11:28:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:Of course he planned it, but is he doing it for self gain or for the people and democracy?
View Quote

A smart man would know his life is over and he would gain nothing from it. And just might get his family killed in the process.

Snowden is a smart man.

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 11:35:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I think only an idiot would walk away from the largest, most powerful intelligence agency in the world, without a plan, and a back up, and a third layer of defense...

Of course he planned it, but is he doing it for self gain or for the people and democracy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's what confused me while watching this:  I thought what Snowden did was more of a spur of the moment, crisis of conscience issue.  But watching this thing, it looked like he had planned this for a very long time, which makes him look bad, imo.

That's beyond the point of whether what the NSA and the Feds are doing is right.

I think only an idiot would walk away from the largest, most powerful intelligence agency in the world, without a plan, and a back up, and a third layer of defense...

Of course he planned it, but is he doing it for self gain or for the people and democracy?

There's planning...and then there's planning on being famous.  Maybe he realized what he was doing would be important?  I dunno, but to film a documentary while doing what he did.....just seems to diminish his reasoning for doing what he did.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 11:59:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

There's planning...and then there's planning on being famous.  Maybe he realized what he was doing would be important?  I dunno, but to film a documentary while doing what he did.....just seems to diminish his reasoning for doing what he did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The better known you are, the harder it is for the government to suicide you without anybody noticing.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 12:05:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The documentary was to ensure he didn't just go missing without a trace. But he was trying to focus them on the crimes of the gov and avoid talking about himself other than basic information. I did find it annoying that the film director chose to waste time showing him staring out windows and such, but I don't think that was Snowden's choice.

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 1:36:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Halfway through it and it is terrifying.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 8:15:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Wow, powerful.

I knew things were bad but I had no idea they were that bad. Some of the things he alludes to in that film, which I don't doubt for one second, are just mind blowing.

You will want to put a piece of electrical tape over the camera on your iPad and unplug your phone after watching this.

Mind blowing.
View Quote

That's been my one concession to crazy paranoidism.  I've done that since laptops have had built in cameras.  

Not out of the fear of the government doing it, but other hackers.  Way back when cheap cameras started showing up on most peoples personal computers, there were hackers playing around with this.  They'd access your camera and send you a picture or video of yourself.

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 8:37:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 8:37:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Why is the link in the OP not working? Am I on some sort of list or something.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:13:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

You didn't actually try to open it...did you?!?!

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 2:02:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Watched it last night. Incredibly disturbing stuff. It does a good job of humanizing this particular whistle-blower, and shedding light into what the process at least partially looks like. Everyone needs to see this.

Especially chilling is the part where Snowden informs the filmmaker all US agencies have the green light to "persuade" them stop writing stories about the leaks.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 2:04:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Plan to watch it tonight.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 2:05:04 PM EDT
[#28]
It was interesting but WAY overdramatic.

How is your girlfriend?

"Shes alive"

Implying she may be whisked away by men in black Suburbans at any moment.

The person conducting the interview was far too biased for it to be a documentary, but it was interesting and worth a watch nonetheless.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 2:10:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol what?  You had to watch this documentary to figure that out?
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 2:14:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

You know what happens to someone that tries to do this shit on the spur of the moment?

Neither do I, that's why we've never heard about it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snowden is not the issue here. Snowden himself was correct when he made that point.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Don't forget to pull the battery.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow, powerful.

Mind blowing.

That's pretty much my reaction. Kinda feel like my cell phone needs to spend more time turned off.

thats exactly why most phones now don't have a removable battery...
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That's not the fault of tough guys, just a misperception about where power lies. Nerds have little power, gunslingers have zero power.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All the tough guys here and yet, it's this computer nerd who FO'd. Big time.

That's not the fault of tough guys, just a misperception about where power lies. Nerds have little power, gunslingers have zero power.

it's not necessarily about having power.

it's about realizing what you're looking at when you're looking at it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:46:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow, powerful.

Mind blowing.

I assume you mean phones with batteries that are removable without tools, which includes most phones. The only major model I can think of that doesn't meet that criteria is the iPhone.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:52:46 PM EDT
[#35]
About an hour in on a conscientious rewatch... It's better the second time around so far.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#36]
What I find amazing, but not surprising is this thread is not even 2 full pages long.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Still working here. What web browser are you using?
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#38]
I saw it at a non chain theatre when it first came out a few months ago.  I was somewhat surprised that it never got into the bigger theatres at that time.  After seeing it, I was pretty sure I knew why.  

It is deeply disturbing that all of this is being done by thousands of government employees who don't have a problem with their activities.  I do not doubt for a second that all the statements and disclosures made are true and can be backed up with Snowen's documentation.  

Quite frankly, I'm amazed he's still alive and well.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 7:21:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Always be sure to realize that it's a movie and a movie is made for ratings.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 7:27:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Awesome OP, I was just talking to my 16 year old son about this movie on the way home from school today. We've been waiting on the release! Thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:06:54 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Always be sure to realize that it's a movie and a movie is made for ratings.
View Quote
You've got to be kidding, right?

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What I find amazing, but not surprising is this thread is not even 2 full pages long.
View Quote

Nobody cares. The Gov't that's been spying on everyone has just taken control of the internet. Nothing to see here, move along.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:19:37 PM EDT
[#43]
It is LOL funny to see the major cognitive dissonance some in the IT/computer field have over praising Snowden for exposing the lengths government spies on its citizens, while at the same time voting for Obama and progressives and wanting more big government.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Tagging in case I skip class tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:30:39 PM EDT
[#45]
tagged for later
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:34:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 12:39:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It is LOL funny to see the major cognitive dissonance some in the IT/computer field have over praising Snowden for exposing the lengths government spies on its citizens, while at the same time voting for Obama and progressives and wanting more big government.
View Quote

People are simple animals, they don't typically have an integrated world view/philosophy, they just react to stimuli and don't consider the bigger picture.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 12:52:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, I hadn't heard that!  
I got so much butthurt on here though, because I opposed what he did and the damage it caused with all of our enemies and allies alike.
Yeah, I'd cap his faggot ass if I ever got close.  

Former 98CRu here.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 7:54:51 PM EDT
[#49]
About 50 minutes into it. Interesting stuff I guess. What illness does Snowden have?
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
About 50 minutes into it. Interesting stuff I guess. What illness does Snowden have?
View Quote

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top