Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:07:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes, when a person says exactly what they are thinking while knowing it will seem brutal and or ruffle some feathers that is brutal honesty. Doesn't mean that I totally agree with him on it.
View Quote

Well yes, I suppose even Code Pink type lunatics can be brutally honest if we use your definition to describe their statements.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Because when you are a representative sometimes you may have to vote differently than you accually believe if enough of your constituents let you know they feel different. Like Hiedi Hietcamp the Dem from my state voting against all 7 of the fed gun control bills last time because more gun rights people got ahold of her than lefties. Then the lefties called her a hypocrite and said they were displeased even though most of them had never let her know how they felt about the issue.

Yes his comment about Kyle was disrespectful but he was not in office anymore and it's his right to say what he thinks. The guy will probably piss people off until the day he dies, some people just can't handle brutal honesty. His only goals have been to expand liberty and expose the reasons he thinks are putting our liberty at risk.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think you can call a politician 'honest' when he slams his colleagues for putting pork into bills while stuffing as much of his own as he can.  Pretty sure that's called hypocrisy.

I don't know about the events you speak of but he is still a politician. It's pretty hard to be a politician representing other people without being hypocritical sometimes. And don't worry I don't think he is perfect.

Then why call him honest or respectful?  This is the same man who said the idiotic "live by the sword, die by the sword" after the tragic death of Chris Kyle, you may recall.  That's not respectful at all.

Because when you are a representative sometimes you may have to vote differently than you accually believe if enough of your constituents let you know they feel different. Like Hiedi Hietcamp the Dem from my state voting against all 7 of the fed gun control bills last time because more gun rights people got ahold of her than lefties. Then the lefties called her a hypocrite and said they were displeased even though most of them had never let her know how they felt about the issue.

Yes his comment about Kyle was disrespectful but he was not in office anymore and it's his right to say what he thinks. The guy will probably piss people off until the day he dies, some people just can't handle brutal honesty. His only goals have been to expand liberty and expose the reasons he thinks are putting our liberty at risk.

And by sometimes, you mean every time?  Because he put pork into bills every single time, while railing against pork then entire time.

His comments about Kyle were not brutally honest.  They were idiotic.

Edit: For something to be brutally honest, it also has to be correct...
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:18:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

His comments about Chris Kyle were 'brutally honest'?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes his comment about Kyle was disrespectful but he was not in office anymore and it's his right to say what he thinks. The guy will probably piss people off until the day he dies, some people just can't handle brutal honesty.

Did Rand make those comments, or his dad Ron?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:18:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Without looking up the definition I thought honesty meant what a person believes to be the truth. Not what they think others believe is the truth.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:20:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes his comment about Kyle was disrespectful but he was not in office anymore and it's his right to say what he thinks. The guy will probably piss people off until the day he dies, some people just can't handle brutal honesty.

No, just retired Ron. Rand has different views on wars of aggression.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Can either of you find ONE post supporting either of those guys on this site?  Just one?  Oh, and Christie while you are at it.
*This post is kryptonite and will be ignored.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I love how when Rand Paul says dumb shit shit about vaccines, he's "marginalized himself already," but when Jeb Bush says dumb shit about illegals, gun control, etc. that doesn't count. It only counts when RP says it. When Jeb or any of the Santorum candidates say stupid shit it is ignored by the RINO lovers. LOL

It's not stupid to them.

They agree with those positions and statements.

Can either of you find ONE post supporting either of those guys on this site?  Just one?  Oh, and Christie while you are at it.

We've played this game before.

Your selective memory issues won't be cured by links.

This one goes to you.  No one on arfcom has ever supported or defended anything Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, or Rick Santorum have said or done.  The very idea that someone would is unthinkable.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:26:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:27:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I love how when Rand Paul says dumb shit shit about vaccines, he's "marginalized himself already," but when Jeb Bush says dumb shit about illegals, gun control, etc. that doesn't count. It only counts when RP says it. When Jeb or any of the Santorum candidates say stupid shit it is ignored by the RINO lovers. LOL

It's not stupid to them.

Do you honestly not remember the people who supported Rick Santorum here?

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1269870

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:29:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And by sometimes, you mean every time?  Because he put pork into bills every single time, while railing against pork the entire time.

His comments about Kyle were not brutally honest.  They were idiotic.

Edit: For something to be brutally honest, it also has to be correct...
View Quote

Now this IS BRUTALLY HONEST in the way I think of the phrase.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:33:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Please try to focus.  This discussion is about THIS ELECTION.  Santorum went off the deep end years ago.  Now he's a joke--and certainly not a serious candidate.  The main thrust of my post was about Christie and Bush (note the use of the word "RINO" which doesn't fit Santorum at all).
View Quote

Oh come on now.............stop with that shit.............don't you remember the Arfcommers who supported William Jennings Bryan when he ran against McKinley!!??
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:33:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The only "game" is you and your kind endlessly yammering about the site's membership supporting the RINO crew when there is ZERO of that here.  We don't "hate freedom" and we our lack of support for your nutcase candidates doesn't mean anything other than you support nut cases.  And we are able to see through it.  

Besides, aren't you the guy who has posted repeatedly you don't even vote?  Or was that Qweevox?
View Quote

It's true I haven't voted in some time, outside of voting no on the latest town budget (which passed, of course).

I could probably be convinced to pull the lever for the right candidate, not that I think it will matter one way or the other to the outcome of the election or the future of the nation.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:33:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Without looking up the definition I thought honesty meant what a person believes to be the truth. Not what they think others believe is the truth.
View Quote

"It all depends on what the meaning of what the word is is."
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Please try to focus.  This discussion is about THIS ELECTION.  Santorum went off the deep end years ago.  Now he's a joke--and certainly not a serious candidate.  The main thrust of my post was about Christie and Bush (note the use of the word "RINO" which doesn't fit Santorum at all).
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Is this close enough for your timeframe?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1695449__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Rick_Santorum_officially_running_for_President_again.html&page=4#i50870180

No, they are ginning up froth at Christians and Republicans. Constitutional amendments for a right to life or traditional marriage that would not get 2/3rds of congress and 3/4 of States are theocrat statism. When that failed, as NRA A+ he would force NY Ca etc to respect their theocrat Constitutions, limit commerce clause, birthright citizenship and close the borders.

It's like dailykos in this thread.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:35:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Yes, when a person says exactly what they are thinking while knowing it will seem brutal and or ruffle some feathers that is brutal honesty. Doesn't mean that I totally agree with him on it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's also a sign of mental illness.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:37:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not stupid to them.

Yeah, okay. Retard Rick is the exact same douchebag he was five years ago.

Anyway, here you go. Jan of 2014.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/manageReply.html?a=quote&b=1&f=5&t=1723622&r=52361573&page=5

Now pick up those goal posts and move them again. How long do we play this game?

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:38:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's true I haven't voted in some time, outside of voting no on the latest town budget (which passed, of course).

I could probably be convinced to pull the lever for the right candidate, not that I think it will matter one way or the other to the outcome of the election or the future of the nation.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only "game" is you and your kind endlessly yammering about the site's membership supporting the RINO crew when there is ZERO of that here.  We don't "hate freedom" and we our lack of support for your nutcase candidates doesn't mean anything other than you support nut cases.  And we are able to see through it.  

Besides, aren't you the guy who has posted repeatedly you don't even vote?  Or was that Qweevox?

Are you serious?.....after all your smart guy posts and superior tude, you don't even vote?   WTF. I should have deduced this much earlier.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:40:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Are you serious?.....after all your smart guy posts and superior tude, you don't even vote?   WTF. I should have deduced this much earlier.
View Quote

I don't vote for gun grabbers or people who want bigger government.

It kind of limits the field.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:42:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, go back to the basement. Mom will call you when lunch is ready. LOL.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:53:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The cry of the coward.  "I can't have what I want 100%, so I'm not going to do anything."  It's just an excuse to not have to try.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:56:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Now pick up those goal posts and move them again. How long do we play this game?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:58:08 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The cry of the coward.  "I can't have what I want 100%, so I'm not going to do anything."  It's just an excuse to not have to try.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it simply means I don't vote against my own interests.

It's not that I wouldn't vote for someone who doesn't agree with me 100% of the time, it's that I don't vote for people actively opposing my views.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:01:53 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

It's not that I wouldn't vote for someone who doesn't agree with me 100% of the time, it's that I don't vote for people actively opposing my views.

View Quote
I question the morality of voting.

Considering government is basically a group of people who are willing to commit acts of violence against us to impose their will.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:12:38 PM EDT
[#24]
sd0324, Very nice avatar!
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Considering government is basically a group of people who are willing to commit acts of violence against us to impose their will.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, that too.

But even from a strictly pragmatic perspective, voting for someone who is promising to increase government spending doesn't move the nation towards my goal of decreased government spending.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#26]
lol

paul supporters and liberal-tarians keep complaining about how republicans are all rinos now....

then want rand paul, who supported mitch mcconnell's re-election.

they complain when republicans seek out tea party and religious support,

then support rand paul when he panders to blacks and illegal immigrants.

they want something done about the illegal aliens by republicans,

then approve of rand paul saying there will be a place for illegals who want to work, and there will be a pathway to citizenship (but don't call it that, he says).

they say republicans aren't conservative enough,

then complain that the only way they can will elections is to court those with moderate or progressive view.

they say their candidate is a true conservative, but rand paul is really

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:56:29 PM EDT
[#28]
cm's programming is stuck on loop mode again.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote

care to dispute rand paul said/supports those things?

or are you going to continue with the lib tactics of personnal attacks and misdirection because you have nothing to argue with?

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:24:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

or are you going to continue with the lib tactics of personnal attacks and misdirection because you have nothing to argue with?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dispute your constant photoshops?

There is no point trying to discuss anything with you.  Your constant accusations of people be liberal because they are pro freedom of choices you disagree with.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:33:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Adjusted.

I'm just pointing out that it's silly to pretend that people supporting a candidate think the candidate won't win.  People ALWAYS operate with the positive mindset that their candidate can win.

Show me any candidate's pool of supporters who largely consisted of people who thought that there was no chance of their candidate "winning it all".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a difference.  This thread title is proof of this...

1) Paul Romney supporters organize to create the false impression that there is a surge in support for Paul Romney.

2) Then they complain that Paul Romney is being "marginalized," because people recognize that the supposed surge in support is manufactured and false.

Adjusted.

I'm just pointing out that it's silly to pretend that people supporting a candidate think the candidate won't win.  People ALWAYS operate with the positive mindset that their candidate can win.

Show me any candidate's pool of supporters who largely consisted of people who thought that there was no chance of their candidate "winning it all".

The difference is, that when others spam polls and create false images of support, THEY don't believe their own false narratives.  Hence the delusional complaints of Paul being "marginalized."  Just like the complaints that his dad was marginalized and excluded from the debates.  Delusions of grandeur.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:35:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Just to get a clarification for future use:

Cincinnatus:  Are you all saying that Rand Paul has no chance at the nomination?
View Quote

Rand Paul has absolutely no chance of winning the nomination.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:36:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It's not stupid to them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not stupid to them.

Please name some of these people whom you claim agree with or support Jeb Bush.

Be specific.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:40:35 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Be specific.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not stupid to them.

Be specific.

Does it get boring following the same script election after election?

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:41:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
can rand win independents? prolly not
View Quote

I think he has a better shot at independents than he does rank and file R's TBH.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not stupid to them.

Be specific.

You tell me.   Heck, you don't even care enough to vote.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#37]
The media is liberal.  Why  worry about what they say.

If the Republican's cave on the DHS funding then I will not vote for any presidential candidate in 2016.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:47:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The media is liberal.  Why  worry about what they say.

If the Republican's cave on the DHS funding then I will not vote for any presidential candidate in 2016.
View Quote

If the Republican Congress caves on DHS funding, you wouldn't vote for a Presidential candidate who isn't even in government?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:47:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Santorum is a RINO.  

He isn't a Republican, he is a Theocratican
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you directing this comment to me?  

If so, that's mistaken because I'm not the one who brought up Chris Kyle, I merely responded to it...
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:53:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The difference is, that when others spam polls and create false images of support, THEY don't believe their own false narratives.  Hence the delusional complaints of Paul being "marginalized."  Just like the complaints that his dad was marginalized and excluded from the debates.  Delusions of grandeur.
View Quote

Where's your proof that polls were "spammed" and false images of support were created?  And where is your proof that this was specific to Ron Paul's campaign?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 3:05:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Where's your proof that polls were "spammed" and false images of support were created?  And where is your proof that this was specific to Ron Paul's campaign?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 3:09:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're always dismissing opinions not based in solid facts, so show me yours.

I know of a few spammed, insignificant online polls that were spammed just like ARfcom firemissions for online gun control polls.  But where's your proof of a significant event/poll that could be said to be "spammed" and made to show fake support?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 3:14:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I know of a few spammed, insignificant online polls that were spammed just like ARfcom firemissions for online gun control polls.  But where's your proof of a significant event/poll that could be said to be "spammed" and made to show fake support?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You ARE kidding, right?  
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 3:15:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You ARE kidding, right?  
View Quote

I want to make sure we're talking about the same things.  Post it up.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 3:17:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They're going to throw it all away with Bush.
View Quote

I am afraid that you're correct.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 3:19:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You ARE kidding, right?  

Are you actually denying that Paul supporters have repeatedly engaged in organized actions to swarm GOP conventions and CPAC meetings and States' cauci and onlieg polls and phone in talk shows, etc, etc?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 3:23:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Are you actually denying that Paul supporters have repeatedly engaged in organized actions to swarm GOP conventions and CPAC meetings and States' cauci and onlieg polls and phone in talk shows, etc, etc?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You ARE kidding, right?  

How is that a false image of support?  Should the people you disagree with just sit at home and not be active in the nomination process?  Would that be the "true" image of support?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 3:28:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
lol

paul supporters and liberal-tarians keep complaining about how republicans are all rinos now....

then want rand paul, who supported mitch mcconnell's re-election.

View Quote

Srs question, do you get your memes from DU or New Blue Planet?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 3:31:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

How is that a false image of support?  Should the people you disagree with just sit at home and not be active in the nomination process?  Would that be the "true" image of support?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You ARE kidding, right?  

Paul supporters support Paul.  Nope, there's no denying that.  

I guess I'll just never understand such slavish devotion to politicians.  It really creeps me out.

Heck, I don't really like ANY politicians.  Especially entitled politicians that are part of political families like the Clintons, Bushes, Kennedys, Pauls, etc.

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top