Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:44:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Mule-Holster-Rifle-Stock.jpg

Quoted:
OMG - this is perfect for Texans.

They could conceal their pistol there, then carry the rifle openly and be in compliance with Texas law.

Quick, someone call OCT!

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:22:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What Kory does isn't my problem and it isn't yours.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
What Kory does isn't my problem and it isn't yours.

I disagree.  He and those like him are all our problem.   After the great Fatty and Snowboots fiasco, your organization commendably made the policy changes you mentioned, and you've assured us that if people don't conform to those policies, they're out of your organization.  I have to wonder why, if you're going to continue to refer to armed weirdos scaring the shit out of voters as "patriots".   Judged by some other criteria, I'm sure some of them can be described as such. Judging them by their results they do at least as much harm as good, as documented above.  

I'm not going to say that Kory can't have his opinion, he certainly can.  When that opinion and subsequent actions hurt our cause, we can express our opinion back.  

The people you should be blaming aren't law abiding gun owners but the stores themselves and the gun control jihadist campaigns to bully them.  

This is like the naive argument that women should be able to walk naked down a dark alley, you shouldn't need to lock your doors, or (to risk starting another argument) people who live in shitty neighborhoods should be able to leave guns in vehicles or not lock their shit up in a safe.  OF COURSE all those things are true.   And it's still a terrible idea for a woman to walk naked down a dark alley.   It's still a terrible idea to not lock your doors or leave guns in cars in shitty neighborhoods.  It's also a terrible idea to go into restaurants with rifles and create an opportunity for the gun control jihadists to use pictures or even news stories taken way out of context to scare the shit out of busybodies who vote.  

None of that shit that we didn't know about Chipotle matters, and we are all the nuttiest gun owner that the news media can find.   No it's not fair, but we have to deal with the world as it is, not as it should be.  The gun grabbers will use anything we give them to convince the uneducated that gun rights legislation is an inevitable march towards anarchy and violence.  The pictures that some open carry activists have provided are a gold mine for gun control.  They couldn't buy better propaganda than machine guns in Starbucks like some war torn third world shithole.

If it had only happened the one time, I could bring myself to say "live and learn".   It did not appear, for months on end, that open carry activists were learning.  If they've mostly learned not to force businesses to take a stand against open carry by carrying AKs into WalMart, then I will happily retract all previous criticism.

That does not yet appear to be the case.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:15:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:None of that shit that we didn't know about Chipotle matters, and we are all the nuttiest gun owner that the news media can find.
View Quote

Or make up.  And then we have people like you and others here who buy into it hook, line and sinker and continue to talk about a non-issue over a year later as if it were fact. So, again, the problem is not law abiding gun owners and it doesn't appear to even really be the gun control jihadists.  The real threat are the naïve gun owners who believe everything the media feeds them and then jumps on the bandwagon to chastise people on the front lines or the tip of the spear in pushing back. Lawmakers are emboldened to do things like they did in Washington because there are people like you that will criticize the gun owners, not the lawmakers.  They have cover to trample our rights, so to speak, because the NRA calls it "weird" or some other epithet.

"But you must remember, my fellow-citizens, that eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty, and that you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing.  It behooves you, therefore, to be watchful in your States as well as in the Federal Government." -- Andrew Jackson, Farewell Address, March 4, 1837
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:38:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So in---13r gotta 13

To be serious-you, your group and many like your group have done more agains't open carry than MDA and all the Bloomberg idiots put together.

Do us all a favor and go tilt at someother windmill. You are not wanted in this one.

ETA: I'd love to get you in the pit so I can really share my opinions on what I think of you!

You might also want to work on your presentation before you screw things up even more on Monday. Your disposition here suggests you have "issues" that will put you in a negative light to all the lucky legislators you might visit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because it appears there are a lot of ignorant people in here unwilling to do any real research before sending us absurd emails and exposing their own idiocy, this group, Open Carry Tarrant County (OCTC), has NOTHING to do with Open Carry Texas (OCT). I know that's confusing to people who can't see past their own noses, but even MINIMAL checks would reveal that simple fact. It would also reveal how outspoken OCT - me specifically - has been against the tactics and unprofessionalism of that group.

So, those of you doing so can stop making yourselves look like idiots attacking us for something we had no part in. Our capitol event will be this Monday if you want a bandwagon to jump on. Pay attention and see how a true gun rights group that actually believes in getting legislation passed dies it.

This, of course, only applies to those linking to this thread and sending us ignorant emails. If you didn't do that, thank you for being intelligent. Some of you should also remove your "come and take it" claims. You don't really mean it.

In liberty,

CJ Grisham
President
Open Carry Texas

So in---13r gotta 13

To be serious-you, your group and many like your group have done more agains't open carry than MDA and all the Bloomberg idiots put together.

Do us all a favor and go tilt at someother windmill. You are not wanted in this one.

ETA: I'd love to get you in the pit so I can really share my opinions on what I think of you!

You might also want to work on your presentation before you screw things up even more on Monday. Your disposition here suggests you have "issues" that will put you in a negative light to all the lucky legislators you might visit.

Why hide behind the pit?

Put it out there for the world to see.  Take ownership of it.

You won't get banned.  Nobody is gonna read it anyways
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:07:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Or make up.  And then we have people like you and others here who buy into it hook, line and sinker and continue to talk about a non-issue over a year later as if it were fact. So, again, the problem is not law abiding gun owners and it doesn't appear to even really be the gun control jihadists.  The real threat are the naïve gun owners who believe everything the media feeds them and then jumps on the bandwagon to chastise people on the front lines or the tip of the spear in pushing back. Lawmakers are emboldened to do things like they did in Washington because there are people like you that will criticize the gun owners, not the lawmakers.  They have cover to trample our rights, so to speak, because the NRA calls it "weird" or some other epithet.

"But you must remember, my fellow-citizens, that eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty, and that you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing.  It behooves you, therefore, to be watchful in your States as well as in the Federal Government." -- Andrew Jackson, Farewell Address, March 4, 1837
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:None of that shit that we didn't know about Chipotle matters, and we are all the nuttiest gun owner that the news media can find.

I believe that everything happened at Chipotle exactly as you say it did.  And that really doesn't matter.  What matters is that the entire nation saw two dudes in Chipotle with rifles.  Period.  You set the stage for that, with details that no one would see, because Democrats are going to Democrat, the media is going to media, and gun grabbers are going to grab onto any chance they can to make us look like dangerous psychopaths.    

As for "blaming the victim", you like to use words and expressions reminiscent of a battlefield commander, because you're out there on the front lines at the tip of the spear, pushing back the forces of evil.  So let's say that the leader of an armored unit directs a tank column into an enemy held city without any supporting infantry, and that whole column gets systematically wiped out.  Should that leader's decision be questioned or criticized?  Or should it be acceptable that he just blame the enemy for...you know...BEING THE ENEMY?  Your answer is important.

The enemy is going to be the enemy.  Doing things that allow the enemy to take advantage of you means you probably shouldn't be on the front lines.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:51:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:06:42 AM EDT
[#7]
NAGR's not real well thought of either.

When your movement is dependent on public perception one would be wise not to be dismissive of the public you do not interact with directly. If nobody knows "the whole Chipotle story" you have no one to blame but yourself. Same if/when that message gets twisted in ways you don't like.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:13:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

How is that not threatening?  I ask in all seriousness.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Open carrier: "What are you gonna do, touch me or something? You creeping up behind me?”

The man says he’s not.

Open carrier: "That’d be one wrong move, bro.”

The end result of OCTC’s brave demonstration was a new form of gun FREEEEEDOMMMMMM!!!, in the form of "panic buttons” about to be installed in state representatives’ offices.

How is that not threatening?  I ask in all seriousness.

I don't OC, and won't under most circumstances.

However...

Politicians should either fear their constituents or love them.

I believe most hate their constituents.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:15:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Why hide behind the pit?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because it appears there are a lot of ignorant people in here unwilling to do any real research before sending us absurd emails and exposing their own idiocy, this group, Open Carry Tarrant County (OCTC), has NOTHING to do with Open Carry Texas (OCT). I know that's confusing to people who can't see past their own noses, but even MINIMAL checks would reveal that simple fact. It would also reveal how outspoken OCT - me specifically - has been against the tactics and unprofessionalism of that group.

So, those of you doing so can stop making yourselves look like idiots attacking us for something we had no part in. Our capitol event will be this Monday if you want a bandwagon to jump on. Pay attention and see how a true gun rights group that actually believes in getting legislation passed dies it.

This, of course, only applies to those linking to this thread and sending us ignorant emails. If you didn't do that, thank you for being intelligent. Some of you should also remove your "come and take it" claims. You don't really mean it.

In liberty,

CJ Grisham
President
Open Carry Texas

So in---13r gotta 13

Why hide behind the pit?

-------- Edited based on counsel. I'm done with this topic. Too many are going in circles. ---------
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:22:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
chcknhawk, I'll give you credit for coming here and discussing the matter. I think you've handled it well so far.

While there is vitriol directed your way, try to keep some of the constructive criticism in mind. I'm sure there is a steep learning curve when creating an organization like that, so everything won't be perfect out of the gate. As you've pointed out, the left along with the media will lie, twist, whatever to make you and your group look bad. Try to not make it easy on them.
View Quote

Well said.  I think the part highlighted in red are many gun owners biggest complaint.  

This website is very large and is one of, if not the largest gun related forum on the Internet.  It is right wing leaning, but due to its size, it provides a crossection of the general population.  Public opinions matter.  I've found that with the increased attention on police tactics of late, perception is everything.  People seem to prefer that police are uniformed in class A (or similar) professional looking attire as opposed to plate carriers and web gear when they conduct their day to day business.  Police need to be professional when they interact with the general public, yet a few bad apples captured on video and plastered all over the TV and Internet set the narrative.  Is it fair?  No, not to those doing it right.  There are parallels here.  I hope the open carry advocates can see that.  

I also hope that they don't take people comments here, who are venting, because they are angry at the damage to gun rights as a whole (not just in Texas) by a few bad apples and the missrepresentation of others by the media.  The media, who like it or not, biased or not, you cannot just write off.

Lastly, to folks who think Arfcommers just sit on the sidelines: There is a member here who will likely be our next president of the United States in 2016, members who are pro-gun lawmakers, members in the law enforcement community trying to further the cause in their circles, lawyers who are suing the department of justice and the ATF to get our rights back (lawsuits which were made possible by networking on this website), members who organize political recalls of anti-gun politicians, thousands of members who donate money to gun rights, those who advocate for gun rights by writing and lobbying lawmakers, those who organize shooting events both for the novice and expert alike, and members who organize gun rights rallies to advocate for those rights.  I'm sure there are others I can't think of right now, but basically what I'm getting at is perhaps, as VA-gunnut said above, open carry advocates should listen to the criticism and make positive changes instead of just dissmising it all just because a few folks come off as passionate about their opinions.

<-------for the record I support open carry and have done it plenty, but CC more as I feel (for me at least) it is the better option.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:33:46 AM EDT
[#11]

These guys did wonders for gun laws in California.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:42:24 AM EDT
[#12]
We as gun owners need to remove these uncredited, uneducated and rebellious OC speakers. They are an embarrassment and would not be surprised if they drove to more gun restrictions and bans
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:50:10 AM EDT
[#13]
OC tards are the Al Sharpton of gun owners.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:56:28 AM EDT
[#14]

Why do these guys dress like bums?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:01:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Our capitol event will be this Monday if you want a bandwagon to jump on. Pay attention and see how a true gun rights group that actually believes in getting legislation passed dies it.

View Quote

What exactly will you be doing?

Are you going to be using the same approach you did in 2013?  "Do what we say or we'll vote you out" doesn't have a lot of punch when you can't even get your guy who sponsored an OC bill last time reelected, so I hope you've come up with a better approach.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:03:00 PM EDT
[#16]

I don't see Saint Reagan in that pic ?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:08:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Winning hearts and minds wherever they go!!!!!

That is the equivalent of the gay right's activist butt fucking another gay right's activist on the Capitol steps.  Yeahhhhhhhhh for freedom!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:12:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
We as gun owners need to remove these uncredited, uneducated and rebellious OC speakers. They are an embarrassment and would not be surprised if they drove to more gun restrictions and bans
View Quote

This is all I can muster, this OC movement is more dangerous to us than anything the other side has ever or could ever do.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:15:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This is all I can muster, this OC movement is more dangerous to us than anything the other side has ever or could ever do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bloomberg loves these folks.  

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:24:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

In liberty,

CJ Grisham

President
Open Carry Texas
View Quote

You guys just don't get it.   Can you open carry ?  Yes.   Is it really necessary?  No.  But by rubbing it peoples/legislaters/cops faces your pissing them off and making them worried, especially in todays world of school shootings.    You will conceivably lose because your pushing a poor position.  It happened here in California, it will happen there.  

You should leave it alone.   If you lose, it will be YOUR groups fault.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

CJ Grisham was found guilty by a jury of three men and three women of "interference with duties of a public servant” and ordered to pay a $2,000 fine.

Officer Steven Ernis can be seen flagging down Grisham and asking him, "What are we doing?”

"We’re hiking,” Grisham replies.

Ernis, without warning, grabs Grisham’s AR-15 semi-automatic rifle and examines it.

"Some reason why you have this?” the officer asks in the video.

"Because I can,” Grisham shoots back.

"Well, OK,” Ernis says as he seems to attempt to unlatch the firearm from its sling.

That’s where things spun out of control.

"Hey, don’t disarm me man!” Grisham says, grabbing the butt of the rifle.

The officer immediately drew his pistol and yelled, "Get your hand off the gun!” Grisham removed his hand from his gun and protested before Ernis slammed him on his squad car, his pistol still in hand.

"You’re trying to disarm me illegally!” Grisham says.

"I am gonna disarm you,” Ernis replies. "Once I find out there’s no issue…you’re going to be on your way.”

Except he wasn’t allowed to go on his way after it was determined that Grisham’s firearms were legal and he wasn’t breaking any laws when he was approached by law enforcement. He was first charged with resisting arrest, but the charges were later downgraded.

Mr. Grisham. The issue that resulted from all of this wasn't the fact that you were legally carrying a rifle. It was that you mouthed off and acted in a rude and dangerous manner.

In Florida, I would have charged you with Disorderly Conduct.

When a law enforcement officer is conducting an investigation even as simple as finding out if the carrying of a firearm is legal. Act polite and respectful.

Because if it was me. I'd of checked to see if everything was good and then it would have ended. But you had to press the issue. Instead of acting in a polite and respectful manner you acted irrational.

You were found guilty by a jury of your peers... not for carrying a firearm but for causing a scene.

You made a move for the rifle. That was stupid. Sorry Mr. Grisham but that was a dumb move.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
[div style='text-indent: 0px;']     CJ Grisham was found guilty by a jury of three men and three women of "interference with duties of a public servant” and ordered to pay a $2,000 fine.
[div style='text-indent: 0px;']

[div style='text-indent: 0px;']Officer Steven Ernis can be seen flagging down Grisham and asking him, "What are we doing?”
[div style='text-indent: 0px;']"We’re hiking,” Grisham replies.

[div style='text-indent: 0px;']Ernis, without warning, grabs Grisham’s AR-15 semi-automatic rifle and examines it.

[div style='text-indent: 0px;']<a href="http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/FirefoxScreenSnapz072.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/FirefoxScreenSnapz072.jpg</a>

[div style='text-indent: 0px;']"Some reason why you have this?” the officer asks in the video.

[div style='text-indent: 0px;']"Because I can,” Grisham shoots back.

[div style='text-indent: 0px;']"Well, OK,” Ernis says as he seems to attempt to unlatch the firearm from its sling.

[div style='text-indent: 0px;']That’s where things spun out of control.

[div style='text-indent: 0px;']"Hey, don’t disarm me man!” Grisham says, grabbing the butt of the rifle.

[div style='text-indent: 0px;']The officer immediately drew his pistol and yelled, "Get your hand off the gun!” Grisham removed his hand from his gun and protested before Ernis slammed him on his squad car, his pistol still in hand.

[div style='text-indent: 0px;']<a href="http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/FirefoxScreenSnapz074.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/FirefoxScreenSnapz074.jpg</a>

[div style='text-indent: 0px;']"You’re trying to disarm me illegally!” Grisham says.

[div style='text-indent: 0px;']"I am gonna disarm you,” Ernis replies. "Once I find out there’s no issue…you’re going to be on your way.”

[div style='text-indent: 0px;']Except he wasn’t allowed to go on his way after it was determined that Grisham’s firearms were legal and he wasn’t breaking any laws when he was approached by law enforcement. He was first charged with resisting arrest, but the charges were later downgraded.

Mr. Grisham. The issue that resulted from all of this wasn't the fact that you were legally carrying a rifle. It was that you mouthed off and acted in a rude and dangerous manner.

When a law enforcement officer is conducting an investigation even as simple as finding out if the carrying of a firearm is legal. Act polite and respectful.

Because if it was me. I'd of checked to see if everything was good and then it would have ended. But you had to press the issue. Instead of acting in a polite and respectful manner you acted irrational.

You were found guilty by a jury of your peers... not for carrying a firearm but for causing a scene.

You made a move for the rifle. That was stupid. Sorry Mr. Grisham but that was a dumb move.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
[div style='text-indent: 0px;']     CJ Grisham was found guilty by a jury of three men and three women of "interference with duties of a public servant” and ordered to pay a $2,000 fine.

[div style='text-indent: 0px;']Officer Steven Ernis can be seen flagging down Grisham and asking him, "What are we doing?”

[div style='text-indent: 0px;']Ernis, without warning, grabs Grisham’s AR-15 semi-automatic rifle and examines it.

[div style='text-indent: 0px;']<a href="http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/FirefoxScreenSnapz072.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/FirefoxScreenSnapz072.jpg</a>

[div style='text-indent: 0px;']"Some reason why you have this?” the officer asks in the video.

[div style='text-indent: 0px;']"Well, OK,” Ernis says as he seems to attempt to unlatch the firearm from its sling.

[div style='text-indent: 0px;']"Hey, don’t disarm me man!” Grisham says, grabbing the butt of the rifle.

[div style='text-indent: 0px;']The officer immediately drew his pistol and yelled, "Get your hand off the gun!” Grisham removed his hand from his gun and protested before Ernis slammed him on his squad car, his pistol still in hand.

[div style='text-indent: 0px;']<a href="http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/FirefoxScreenSnapz074.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/FirefoxScreenSnapz074.jpg</a>

[div style='text-indent: 0px;']"You’re trying to disarm me illegally!” Grisham says.

[div style='text-indent: 0px;']"I am gonna disarm you,” Ernis replies. "Once I find out there’s no issue…you’re going to be on your way.”

[div style='text-indent: 0px;']Except he wasn’t allowed to go on his way after it was determined that Grisham’s firearms were legal and he wasn’t breaking any laws when he was approached by law enforcement. He was first charged with resisting arrest, but the charges were later downgraded.

In!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

In!!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In!!!!!

I know right.  Now this thread will be 15 more pages discussing that.  Shit is like a fucking bat signal or something.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Another video of CJ Grisham.  Very solid tactic.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my79AFSBjJI
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Miami_JBT done kicked over the ant nest!

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:19:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Sometimes I think about the OC D-bags and am reminded of the flamboyant gays from not so long ago. They took a lot of abuse. People thought they were abnormalities that did not represent the views of the community. Many in the community wanted them to go away and stop bringing unwanted attention.

Look where we are now.
View Quote

I really dislike this comparison because it is not true.  Flamboyant in your face gays dressed in leather G-strings on parade days did not get the gays to where they are today.  Quite the opposite, and almost certainly counter productive.  It was the push in the media to show homosexuals as normal people that people could identify with.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:21:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

Not as stupid as the piece of shit that first made a move for it.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:22:32 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Another video of CJ Grisham.  Very solid tactic.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my79AFSBjJI
View Quote
Mr. Grisham was arrested for Tresspassing.

From my understanding, there was an event on Veterans' Day honoring Texas Vets when the OCT Folks decided to start protesting during the event.

Similar situations have happened across the country.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Snip...

View Quote

IN!
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:42:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That is the equivalent of the gay right's activist butt fucking another gay right's activist on the Capitol steps.  Yeahhhhhhhhh for freedom!!!!!
View Quote

Why do you hate freedom?

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:42:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Leaving some key details out there...
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:47:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Why do you hate freedom?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do you hate freedom?

I love freedom.  I recognize how easily that freedom can be taken away by the legislature and that I cannot count on the Courts to vindicate my rights.  I therefore try to not act like a douchebag about my rights.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:49:11 PM EDT
[#33]

Zaminsky,
View All Quotes
Zaminsky,

You aren't Mr. Grisham so this isn't your discussion. You're not going to bate me. I'm having a polite and respectful debate with Mr. Grisham.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:53:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Screaming profanities with bullhorns at the police should be enough to tell you who these people really are.

http://www.fwweekly.com/2015/01/14/open-scary/
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote

You stated yourself that you were booted out of OCT.  

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:58:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Zaminsky,
You aren't Mr. Grisham so this isn't your discussion. You're not going to bate me. I'm having a polite and respectful debate with Mr. Grisham.

Perhaps you should take it to IM with him then?

In your attempt to state facts, you conveniently left out the fact that his first trial ended with a hung jury, and the prosecutor jury shopped for the second trial.

Also, to date, nobody has stated officially what police duties he allegedly interfered with.

The charge, and ultimate conviction were for contempt of cop.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:59:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Zaminsky - So I've been relieved of my OCT and OC Tarrant Co membership

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zaminsky - So I've been relieved of my OCT and OC Tarrant Co membership

That does not relieve you of the fact that you are posting incomplete information in the name of your crusade.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:00:38 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

In your attempt to state facts, you conveniently left out the fact that his first trial ended with a hung jury, and the prosecutor jury shopped for the second trial.

Also, to date, nobody has stated officially what police duties he allegedly interfered with.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Zaminsky,

You're not Mr. Grisham. As such I am not discussing this matter with you. Mr. Grisham can answer the questions. He can state what happened and that could change my mind.

You... not so much. As such. ONCE AGAIN. I am not debating the matter with you.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:04:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Since we're asking CJ questions, I'll add another one:  The username you chose is chickenhawk.

I assume that's a slur aimed at those in the gun community who don't support you and OCT, based on the belief that you're a patriot fighting and doing the right thing while the rest of us talk big and do nothing?

Why did you choose the username chickenhawk?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:06:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You're not Mr. Grisham. As such I am not discussing this matter with you. Mr. Grisham can answer the questions. He can state what happened and that could change my mind.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Zaminsky,

Fair enough.  Have fun in the pit.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Zaminsky,

Don't respond to him.  By doing so, you are engaging him in the conversation.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:20:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I love freedom.  I recognize how easily that freedom can be taken away by the legislature and that I cannot count on the Courts to vindicate my rights.  I therefore try to not act like a douchebag about my rights.  YMMV.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do you hate freedom?

Just ironic sarcasm, brother.  You are absolutely 100% correct.  

Freedom's important.  Some people are just too idealistic or simple to see that how freedom is won or lost is as important as the freedom itself.   We all do this in some way.  Since 2012 I've been convinced that the pro-life movement would get far more done the way gun rights have advanced- quietly in the background rather than out in everyone's face.  

We all need someone to do a logic check on the things that we're passionate about in my opinion.  

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:32:31 PM EDT
[#43]
These guys are exactly like hard-left liberals.It doesn't matter what good intentions they claim, look at the results of their actions.

Good intention:
More people should be able to afford healthcare!
We should be able to open carry in Texas!

Actual result:
Millions of insurance plans canceled, prices increase on everyone else.
No open carry, more laws restricting gun rights.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:54:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
These guys are exactly like hard-left liberals.It doesn't matter what good intentions they claim, look at the results of their actions.

Good intention:
More people should be able to afford healthcare!
We should be able to open carry in Texas!
College should be accessible to everyone

Actual result:
Millions of insurance plans canceled, prices increase on everyone else.
No open carry, more laws restricting gun rights.
college tuition skyrockets because of the ease of obtaining student loans resulting in a generation in debt till they die
View Quote

Added more
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:01:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Op, is tag=ratio07-20 your affiliate link, or ar15s. I just want to know if you wrote all of this to make money, or if this post is legit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:35:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Mule-Holster-Rifle-Stock.jpg

Quoted:
OMG - this is perfect for Texans.

They could conceal their pistol there, then carry the rifle openly and be in compliance with Texas law.

Quick, someone call OCT!

The stupid part is as a CHL holder it would be legal.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:22:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Why hide behind the pit?

You won't get banned.  Nobody is gonna read it anyways.

View Quote

Hypocrisy, it's what's for breakfast.......
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:49:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:36:44 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Please explain what you mean by "jury shopping."
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Zaminsky,

Please explain what you mean by "jury shopping."
We wants to make it sound as if the State Attorney's Office tried to doctor to jury and trial.

Problem is, the trial wasn't about the 2nd Amendment but of causing a scene.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Ugh, while I obviously fall on the side of more freedom and agree that OC should be legal, asswipes like those recording this video are destructive. Neveraz and his people handled that far better than I would have but kudos to them for recognizing this for what it was. A setup.....
View Quote

Yep.  

This is not going to help the OC cause, at all.  None of these stunts will.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top