BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I cling to it because it is true.

We use the argument "criminals don't abide by the Law" when used as a rebuttal for more gun laws, so we acknowledge that rules do not inherently change people's actions when not being monitored. Do you think the CoC rules of this forum have any residual effect on individuals that would otherwise choose to act outside those boundaries?

What your first paragraph describes is Mob mentality. I am not easily swayed by such social concepts so as to have them impact my behavior. I refuse to be swayed by societal influences that degrade my actions.

While what you say in your second paragraph is true. We must be careful how we present ourselves in this regard.

Responsible gun ownership means responsibility in regard to, as you eluded to, appropriatene behavior that sheds a positive light there-of.

That is all I am asking. That we perhaps think about that outward projection of responsibility that we say we posses.

We do ourselves no favors by acting in self-servant behavior that serves no other purpose than to portray a vulgar & backbiting existence. Or else we find we are no better than those we vehemently attack.

These "Suited" individuals, or those pictures as clean cut & professional pictured I think his thread, do they act as individuals have in threads like this one?

View Quote

Mixing terms does not bolster your position. Laws influence those who wish to remain within the bounds of society. CoC influences those who wish to remain a part of the group to which it is bound. Neither is a correlation with social pressures exerted within a group which does have an influence on those who wish to remain a part of the group.

The OC crowd highlighted here is making it plain that they place their own desires ahead of those of the group (gun owners in general). They are ignorant of, or choose to ignore, their obligation to the collective. When their antics become damaging and they show no willingness to alter their behavior it is incumbent on the larger collective to marginalize them or cast them out altogether.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:40:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yup.... this surely works in our favor!

http://media.komonews.com/images/Gun+Protest_eight.jpg

Fucking douchebags
View Quote

And of course, that old ginger douche nozzle just can't help but to finger fuck his rifle.  

Stupid is as stupid does.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:41:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Open carry is a good thing and I think it should be legal.

Having said that, no one ever persuaded anyone to support their agenda by being a bag of cunt.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:41:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How many of these OC tards are actually antis who are covertly trying to do harm by acting like a retarded firearm owner?

What better way to destroy the public opinion of your enemy than doing it for them "as them".
View Quote

I honestly think much less than most of us assume.

Sadly, stupidity in the gun community is not as uncommon as we would like.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
And of course, that old ginger douche nozzle just can't help but to finger fuck his rifle.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.... this surely works in our favor!

http://media.komonews.com/images/Gun+Protest_eight.jpg

Fucking douchebags

Officer "I am dissapoint" in the back is cracking me up though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Mixing terms does not bolster your position. Laws influence those who wish to remain within the bounds of society. CoC influences those who wish to remain a part of the group to which it is bound. Neither is a correlation with social pressures exerted within a group which does have an influence on those who wish to remain a part of the group.

The OC crowd highlighted here is making it plain that they place their own desires ahead of those of the group (gun owners in general). They are ignorant of, or choose to ignore, their obligation to the collective. When their antics become damaging and they show no willingness to alter their behavior it is incumbent on the larger collective to marginalize them or cast them out altogether.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I cling to it because it is true.

We use the argument "criminals don't abide by the Law" when used as a rebuttal for more gun laws, so we acknowledge that rules do not inherently change people's actions when not being monitored. Do you think the CoC rules of this forum have any residual effect on individuals that would otherwise choose to act outside those boundaries?

What your first paragraph describes is Mob mentality. I am not easily swayed by such social concepts so as to have them impact my behavior. I refuse to be swayed by societal influences that degrade my actions.

While what you say in your second paragraph is true. We must be careful how we present ourselves in this regard.

Responsible gun ownership means responsibility in regard to, as you eluded to, appropriatene behavior that sheds a positive light there-of.

That is all I am asking. That we perhaps think about that outward projection of responsibility that we say we posses.

We do ourselves no favors by acting in self-servant behavior that serves no other purpose than to portray a vulgar & backbiting existence. Or else we find we are no better than those we vehemently attack.

These "Suited" individuals, or those pictures as clean cut & professional pictured I think his thread, do they act as individuals have in threads like this one?

I am not mixing terms. You still misunderstand my perspectives.

Living within the bounds of Laws... What if Laws, which their are many now we bolted against, that allow wrong doing.

Do you think I act in a particular behavior here, or in society in general because of Laws of Man or because I try to adhere to a Law of the Heart?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:02:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It is obvious by my demeanor in this thread is it not?

What I am trying to impart on you & others is that when you lash out with vulgar language & judgement you actually show yourself not so different than that which you are trying to combat.

Would you stand in front of a camera & use obscenities & vulgar language to get your point across?

Well, the camera is on this site so-to-speak, so I ask you: Which do you wish to portray?
View Quote

Not really that obvious, no.  You are probably too circumspect for me.  First, we need to admit we have a problem, not blame the guy screaming "there's a fucking problem" for use of the F-word.  

We as gun owners, need to stay away from these jihadists since education of fanatics isn't working and neither are the negative results these fanatics see as a result of their juvenile actions.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:03:04 PM EDT
[#8]
gtfoxy, the stuff you're spouting is very similar to sovereign citizen, Ron Paul, liberaltarianism, social revolutionary I hear from protestors and occupy types.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:08:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I appear to be late to the party.  

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:11:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Living within the bounds of Laws... What if Laws, which their are many now we bolted against, that allow wrong doing.

Do you think I act in a particular behavior here, or in society in general because of Laws of Man or because I try to adhere to a Law of the Heart?

View Quote

I think you are doing a poor job at rationalizing the dichotomy inherent in claiming the moral high ground in defense of people acting in poor character.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:15:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:34:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Same questions apply to your statement as well as the other posters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, because what we look like & wear has anything to do with rights...

Let's start there.

Why would we start there?  Nobody is arguing that you have less rights because of what you look like and wear.  They are arguing that what you look like and wear makes a difference on whether you are an effective advocate for your cause - a point so universally true and well understood it forms a basic plank of the whole advertising industry.

Do you not understand that distinction?

Same questions apply to your statement as well as the other posters.

Would you buy a used car from a guy that looked and acted like these douche bags?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Good point.

Do you allow your perceptions of Muslims be altered by the actions of radicals?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never once said I agreed with OCTC or their tactics.

What I am trying to get people to realize is that dog piling on these types of antics helps no-one except the dog-pilers.

But carry on.

Should moderate Muslims disavow acts of terror perpetrated by Islamic groups?

Good point.

I do....
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:40:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not really that obvious, no.  You are probably too circumspect for me.  First, we need to admit we have a problem, not blame the guy screaming "there's a fucking problem" for use of the F-word.  

We as gun owners, need to stay away from these jihadists since education of fanatics isn't working and neither are the negative results these fanatics see as a result of their juvenile actions.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What I am trying to impart on you & others is that when you lash out with vulgar language & judgement you actually show yourself not so different than that which you are trying to combat.

Would you stand in front of a camera & use obscenities & vulgar language to get your point across?

Well, the camera is on this site so-to-speak, so I ask you: Which do you wish to portray?

Have I been vulgar or hypocritical?

Generalizations:

It's not what you say, but how you say it.

You don't think others may view you as it from the same cloth, maybe only slightly on the other side of the argument?

How about this, in order for you to feel better take all the negative comments that have been posted & imagine them coming from me as well... Feel better?

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:41:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Extremism in any cause is detrimental to that cause. While OCTC and other groups in Texas certainly are within the law in carrying BP and long guns, their extremism has no doubt had bad effects on gun rights. I understand they open carry BP and long guns, because that's the only option for the citizens of Texas to carry for protection without having to "ask" and pay for permission to exercise a right that is "self evident" by our constitution.
All our rights are being attacked in one form or another by certain groups that believe the constitution should be re-written to "their views" of how it should be "modernized". Most of these groups are well organized, well funded and are very tactful in their approach. The gun community as a whole must promote and advocate our second amendment right with well organized and tactful approaches to restore the right that has been constantly "infringed" and attacked. As others have posted, our community needs to "police" the extremists that are hurting and setting gun rights back, giving the anti gun advocates more than enough ammunition to use against all of us. How to do this? I have no idea, they are oblivious to the harm they are doing. They don't want to hear or listen to anyone that has tried to reason with them and discuss their passionately misguided activities. Public perception is paramount, the extremists have been detrimental to the gun rights fight and are destroying any good hard work for gains that might have been made.
The "cop block" thing that OCTC also has gotten involved with while carrying also makes gun owners in general look crazy and out of control. That's extremism that is so out of wack, even the other extremist OC groups cant get them to stop. Strangely they can somehow see the damage being done by OCTC while oblivious to their own actions.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:42:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
gtfoxy, the stuff you're spouting is very similar to sovereign citizen, Ron Paul, liberaltarianism, social revolutionary I hear from protestors and occupy types.
View Quote

Maybe one day it will be evident the enemy is one in the same.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:42:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Generalizations:

You don't think others may view you as it from the same cloth, maybe only slightly on the other side of the argument?

How about this, in order for you to feel better take all the negative comments that have been posted & imagine them coming from me as well... Feel better?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Generalizations:

Still defending Open Carry Tards and not accepting reality. Admit it... you're on their side.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#18]
As much as I've been negative towards their Chipotle/Target expeditions, I would trade 10 more attention whoring stunts like that in exchange for them having never set foot in the capital this month and never visiting the capital grounds again.

Their behavior towards lawmakers a couple of weeks ago did far more damage than even the worst press coverage of their previous stunts could have done.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:45:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I do....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never once said I agreed with OCTC or their tactics.

What I am trying to get people to realize is that dog piling on these types of antics helps no-one except the dog-pilers.

But carry on.

Should moderate Muslims disavow acts of terror perpetrated by Islamic groups?

Good point.

I do....

Just look at most of the threads concerning Muslims in GD.  Most of the posts concerning Muslims (by anyone not a flaming liberal or Muslim) on Facebook.  They are allowing the actions of a few jihadists to shape the perception of an entire religion.  It is being call the "Religion of Peace" in a sarcastic manner for pete's sake.  We have sayings like "A Muslim extremist wants to behead you.  A moderate Muslim wants an extremist to behead you."  If no one has noticed this they are living under a rock.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:47:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Open carry is a good thing and I think it should be legal.

Having said that, no one ever persuaded anyone to support their agenda by being a bag of cunt.
View Quote

I now disagree, having been on the fence.  As I've said in other posts, I don't want to be out minding
my own business and encounter some ass hole with his AK at the ready, not knowing what his mindset is.
One of these pieces of shit is gonna be brandishing his weapon at a CCW holder at the wrong time and
said piece of shit is gonna get smoked.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:47:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I think you are doing a poor job at rationalizing the dichotomy inherent in claiming the moral high ground in defense of people acting in poor character.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have to disagree.

I am not defending the actions in the story posted.

From my perspective, & you may be surprised to find others as well, I see more actions of poor character aside from those that are the topic of discussion.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:49:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Still defending Open Carry Tards and not accepting reality. Admit it... you're on their side.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Generalizations:

Thank you for furthering my point.

Saying I don't isn't good enough. I have to jump on the mob band wagon & cuss & slander & use vulgar language to get my point across?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:49:53 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I have to disagree.

From my perspective, & you may be surprised to find others as well, I see more actions of poor character aside from those that are the topic of discussion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have to disagree.

RIF.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

As much as I've been negative towards their Chipotle/Target expeditions, I would trade 10 more attention whoring stunts like that in exchange for them having never set foot in the capital this month and never visiting the capital grounds again.

Their behavior towards lawmakers a couple of weeks ago did far more damage than even the worst press coverage of their previous stunts could have done.
View Quote
Problem is their little stunts at Chipotle and Target stroked their egos and the media coverage fueled their retard rocket.

That's wht they went to the Capitol. If they wre doing ten more events, they'd grow worse and fuck up worse.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Shit like that is what causes people who are indifferent toward guns (and some moderate gun owners as well) to call for bans on open carry completely (long guns or not).  We have some retard who does that shit around the capital building here with an AK pistol painted up pink with hello kitty logos.  We don't even ban open carry .  Supposedly he does it to "spread awareness for gun rights" or some bullshit.  Leo's who work around there know him by name.  

I'm sure the first thing that comes to mind in a non-gun owners head is wow, what a normal looking guy, I'm gonna lobby my representative to allow him to have more rights .
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:54:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
How many of these OC tards are actually antis who are covertly trying to do harm by acting like a retarded firearm owner?

What better way to destroy the public opinion of your enemy than doing it for them "as them".
View Quote

THIS.  SO THIS.  Someone needs to vet the shit out of that organization.  Why were they not arrested??????????  SHITBAGS.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:55:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Shit like that is what causes people who are indifferent toward guns (and some moderate gun owners as well) to call for bans on open carry completely (long guns or not).  We have some retard who does that shit around the capital building here with an AK pistol painted up pink with hello kitty logos.  We don't even ban open carry .  Supposedly he does it to "spread awareness for gun rights" or some bullshit.  Leo's who work around there know him by name.  

I'm sure the first thing that comes to mind in a non-gun owners head is wow, what a normal looking guy, I'm gonna lobby my representative to allow him to have more rights .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not saying those were helpful or good.  I'm just saying that in comparison to the damage they did during the first day of the session this year, that negative attention was minimal.

To put it another way: If gun rights were a guy in the street and OCT and their ilk were drunks in a car, their earlier protests were like running over gun rights at 15 mph in a Kia.  Their behavior in the capital was like running the guy over at 80 mph in a semi.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:18:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'm not saying those were helpful or good.  I'm just saying that in comparison to the damage they did during the first day of the session this year, that negative attention was minimal.

To put it another way: If gun rights were a guy in the street and OCT and their ilk were drunks in a car, their earlier protests were like running over gun rights at 15 mph in a Kia.  Their behavior in the capital was like running the guy over at 80 mph in a semi.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get what you are saying. There are more damaging actions than others.

How long have these guys been separated from the other OCT group?

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:25:53 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

OMG - this is perfect for Texans.

They could conceal their pistol there, then carry the rifle openly and be in compliance with Texas law.

Quick, someone call OCT!

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Mule-Holster-Rifle-Stock.jpg

Quoted:
OMG - this is perfect for Texans.

They could conceal their pistol there, then carry the rifle openly and be in compliance with Texas law.

Quick, someone call OCT!
View Quote

Needs less red dot sight and moar homemade, shitty sling plus Tapco mag and an XD in the stock.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:28:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Because it appears there are a lot of ignorant people in here unwilling to do any real research before sending us absurd emails and exposing their own idiocy, this group, Open Carry Tarrant County (OCTC), has NOTHING to do with Open Carry Texas (OCT). I know that's confusing to people who can't see past their own noses, but even MINIMAL checks would reveal that simple fact. It would also reveal how outspoken OCT - me specifically - has been against the tactics and unprofessionalism of that group.

So, those of you doing so can stop making yourselves look like idiots attacking us for something we had no part in. Our capitol event will be this Monday if you want a bandwagon to jump on. Pay attention and see how a true gun rights group that actually believes in getting legislation passed dies it.

This, of course, only applies to those linking to this thread and sending us ignorant emails. If you didn't do that, thank you for being intelligent. Some of you should also remove your "come and take it" claims. You don't really mean it.

In liberty,

CJ Grisham
President
Open Carry Texas
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#32]

Every "in" gif ever.  

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:48:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:53:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Because it appears there are a lot of ignorant people in here unwilling to do any real research before sending us absurd emails and exposing their own idiocy, this group, Open Carry Tarrant County (OCTC), has NOTHING to do with Open Carry Texas (OCT). I know that's confusing to people who can't see past their own noses, but even MINIMAL checks would reveal that simple fact. It would also reveal how outspoken OCT - me specifically - has been against the tactics and unprofessionalism of that group.

So, those of you doing so can stop making yourselves look like idiots attacking us for something we had no part in. Our capitol event will be this Monday if you want a bandwagon to jump on. Pay attention and see how a true gun rights group that actually believes in getting legislation passed dies it.

This, of course, only applies to those linking to this thread and sending us ignorant emails. If you didn't do that, thank you for being intelligent. Some of you should also remove your "come and take it" claims. You don't really mean it.

In liberty,

CJ Grisham
President
Open Carry Texas
View Quote

So in---13r gotta 13

To be serious-you, your group and many like your group have done more agains't open carry than MDA and all the Bloomberg idiots put together.

Do us all a favor and go tilt at someother windmill. You are not wanted in this one.

ETA: I'd love to get you in the pit so I can really share my opinions on what I think of you!

You might also want to work on your presentation before you screw things up even more on Monday. Your disposition here suggests you have "issues" that will put you in a negative light to all the lucky legislators you might visit.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

In liberty,

CJ Grisham
President
Open Carry Texas
View Quote

I didn't send you any emails.  Thoughts on the OC protesters in the WA state Capitol?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:00:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
To be serious-you, your group and many like your group have done more agains't open carry than MDA and all the Bloomberg idiots put together.

Do us all a favor and go tilt at someother windmill. You are not wanted in this one.
View Quote

In the history of Texas (since 1836 for the uniformed, low information gun crowd), there have been a grand total of....wait for it....TWO open carry bills filed. One last session and one the session prior to that.  This session, there have been NINE filed alone, two of which are constitutional carry bills like Arizona's laws!  Two of those, Open Carry Texas wrote with NAGR. For the first time in history, open carry was a platform issue that every gubernatorial candidate was tripping over to support.  We even had Abortion Barbie, Wendy Davis, lying about her support for it. For the first time, constitutional carry legislation was a Republican platform issue for the party in Texas.  We began our advocacy and activism in 2013, 18 months ago.  Not one single bill has been filed to stop our efforts.  Tell me again how we're hurting open carry again.  I'm dying to hear it.  

So, WE are the ones who out there fighting for this issue while YOU are here fighting against it.  What exactly have YOU done to get open carry passed.  How many bills have you written and gotten sponsored in the legislature?  Please tell me your grand scheme of fighting for more gun rights in Texas (or anywhere for that matter). Open carry is a done deal this year because of OUR MEMBERS, not you. You're on the wrong side.  Attacking us puts you more in line with Bloomberg's trolls than us.  We're actually standing up to them as the tip of the spear for gun rights.  But, fret not.  We need rear echelon support too, so there is room for you to bring up the rear with the gear.

In Liberty,

CJ Grisham
President
Open Carry Texas
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:09:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:I didn't send you any emails.  Thoughts on the OC protesters in the WA state Capitol?
View Quote

I have no issues with the peaceful, lawful exercise of a right. I blame the lawmakers who are anti-gun, not the people exercising their rights.  I imagine the British hated the American exhibition of firearms in the 18th Century too.  Tyranny hates armed subjects.

In Liberty,

CJ Grisham
President
Open Carry Texas
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:16:45 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

In liberty,

CJ Grisham

President

Open Carry Texas
View Quote

Mr. Grisham,

You started OCT with vaild intentions but it has spiraled out of control. According to my research. Kory Watkins was kicked out of your organization. He and many within your organization cause media fire storms that shed a bad light on gun owners and the 2nd Amendment as a whole. The events that cause companies such as Star Bucks, Target, and Chipotle to back further amd further away from us. To cease supporting our cause. The fear instilled in the general voting public that had no understanding and care before your events started.

How sir does any of that help?

The fringe organizations that have sprouted from your movement in Washington State, Texas, and else where. How does that help?

In Washington State; radical open carry protesters inngas masks and crazy attire outlawed the carrying of firearms in the Washington State Capitol. A location that was previously legal before a group much like yours visited.

In California, the open carrying of unloaded sidearms and rifles was legal. But their actions in, as you say. Exercising their rights attracted media attention and now the carrying of handguns and long guns is illegal.

In Florida, we had Open Carry and that was taken away because of radical elements in the 80s when our laws were revised for the better. We almost had it back but radicals did much the same as your are doing now and we lost it. The bill was up for a floor vote in a Legislature that was and is clearly pro 2nd Amendment. Yet the radicals' actions caused the bill to die and not be passed and signed by a pro 2nd Amendment Governor. And because of that, to this day. Florida still doesn't have Open Carry.

How does something of your own creation, such as Kory Watkins; since he was inspired by you. Help our cause? The public threatening of elected officials isn't the right way to go about it sir.

You have inspired many in the wrong way. Your good ideas have been co-opted, taken over, twisted, etc... you can use what ever excuse you want. But you unleashed the monster and let the genie from the lamp.

You have folks, acting in your name. Approaching law enforcement while armed and antagonizing them while working active scenes. How does that help our cause?

How does any of that help? You say, "But they aren't part of OCT. They're their.own thing!" Well Mr. Grisham; I have bad news for you. The media doesn't care, the general public doesn't know, and elected officials are offended and don't care either. They see all of us as the bad apples you created.

California and Florida happened before you started OCT. Many said it was a bad idea and you continued.

The fault sir, falls squarely on you.

I'm not saying you're the enemy. I'm not saying you're the bad guy. I'm not even saying you're anti 2nd Amendment. All I am.saying is that you lit the match that has started the fire.

I would like to dicuss this matter with you in a polite and respectful manner.

Miami_JBT

Edit to add

I did not email you or contact you in anyway. My opinions have been on here and here alone.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:34:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I have no issues with the peaceful, lawful exercise of a right. I blame the lawmakers who are anti-gun, not the people exercising their rights.  I imagine the British hated the American exhibition of firearms in the 18th Century too.  Tyranny hates armed subjects.

In Liberty,

CJ Grisham
President
Open Carry Texas
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:I didn't send you any emails.  Thoughts on the OC protesters in the WA state Capitol?

In Liberty,

CJ Grisham
President
Open Carry Texas

So you think posing in a gas mask with rope strung across one's chest is constructive and professional?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:44:30 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
So you think posing in a gas mask with rope strung across one's chest is constructive and professional?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In Liberty,
CJ Grisham

President

Open Carry Texas

Washington State Capitol event that banned the carrying of firearms at the Capitol.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:55:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Kory Watkins wearing your shirt.

Is this your organization's Facebook page?

Al Jazeera's story on Kory Watkins' actions as an "Extreme Cop Watcher"

Kory Watkins harassing elected officials.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:34:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:  
You started OCT with vaild intentions but it has spiraled out of control. According to my research. Kory Watkins was kicked out of your organization. He and many within your organization cause media fire storms that shed a bad light on gun owners and the 2nd Amendment as a whole. The events that cause companies such as Star Bucks, Target, and Chipotle to back further amd further away from us. To cease supporting our cause. The fear instilled in the general voting public that had no understanding and care before your events started.
View Quote

Kory Watkins and anyone that doesn't conform to our standards and procedures is kicked out of OCT.  Sorry, but no one speaks for us and we don't speak for anyone. What Kory does isn't my problem and it isn't yours.  You do your thing and people like Kory will marginalize themselves.  As for those companies, you are misinformed and off base. The people you should be blaming aren't law abiding gun owners but the stores themselves and the gun control jihadist campaigns to bully them.  What you don't know is that we always had permission to go into every store we went into.  You mention Chipotle, did you know that we had uniformed police officers with us?  Did you know that there were ten members there that day?  Did you know that the picture that was lifted from our Facebook page of the big guy and the Hispanic guy was taken by a customer who interested in our organization?  Nope. Because the media and the establishment "gun rights" organization would rather blame the victims and further a false narrative.  As a result of those issues, however, Open Carry Texas came out with an official policy that 1) we do not take long arms into national chains with or without permission and 2) for the local establishments that welcome us in we don't post photos of it to shield them from harassment. Your criticism is misplaced sir.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:36:21 AM EDT
[#45]
How sir does any of that help?
View Quote

Unless you've been to one of our events you wouldn't understand.  It helps by educating those with whom we come in contact about the reality of the types of firearms we carry.  We have done more to remove the stigma on the AR15 and AK47 rifle platforms than any other organization in the country.  Instead of accepting this false notion that "people are scared," we're directly challenging it with outstanding results. No one calls 911 anymore. When they do, the police explain that what we're doing is legal (we always inform the police about our events just in case).

This is going to take awhile with a 2000 character limit.  In fact, I don't even think it's worth it to answer every accusation and question.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:36:58 AM EDT
[#46]
The fringe organizations that have sprouted from your movement in Washington State, Texas, and else where. How does that help?
View All Quotes

You call them fringe, I call them Patriots. These are the guys on the front lines finally beating back the gun control hordes.  How does it help jumping on the MDA bandwagon and criticizing peaceful, law abiding citizens.  I understand criticizing what Kory did because it was disrespectful, rude, and not designed to accomplish anything but be an ass.  You are not helping, if anyone, by succumbing to the sectionalization that Bloomberg is working so hard to achieve.  We refuse to give them an inch.  You seem okay with giving a few feet.

In Washington State; radical open carry protesters inngas masks and crazy attire outlawed the carrying of firearms in the Washington State Capitol. A location that was previously legal before a group much like yours visited.

And again, instead of criticizing the spineless lawmakers, you blame the victims.  The point of our second amendment is to keep our government in check, not the other way around.  You seem to forget that. However, we have nothing to do with Washington State, so again, you choose to attack us with stories from elsewhere.  And you blame citizens who are fed up with gun control.  You do realize they were there BECAUSE their rights are being taken away and yet you criticize them for standing up to it.

In California, the open carrying of unloaded sidearms and rifles was legal. But their actions in, as you say. Exercising their rights attracted media attention and now the carrying of handguns and long guns is illegal.

And you did it again.  No condemnation of those passing the law, but blaming law abiding citizens.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:37:37 AM EDT
[#47]

In Florida, we had Open Carry and that was taken away because of radical elements in the 80s when our laws were revised for the better. We almost had it back but radicals did much the same as your are doing now and we lost it. The bill was up for a floor vote in a Legislature that was and is clearly pro 2nd Amendment. Yet the radicals' actions caused the bill to die and not be passed and signed by a pro 2nd Amendment Governor. And because of that, to this day. Florida still doesn't have Open Carry.
View All Quotes

Again, misplaced blame on gun owners, not gun grabbers.  Sounds like you support passing laws against people who don't exercise their rights according to YOUR dictates and preferences.  This is why they can get away with it.  It's not even really because of groups like MDA, but you so-called "gun rights supporters" that embolden them.

How does something of your own creation, such as Kory Watkins; since he was inspired by you. Help our cause? The public threatening of elected officials isn't the right way to go about it sir.

The entire premise of your question is false.  I did not create Kory Watkins and I won't accept any responsibility for his actions. We did at one time when he acted on our behalf, but he was an advocate before we came along. Nice try though.

You have inspired many in the wrong way. Your good ideas have been co-opted, taken over, twisted, etc... you can use what ever excuse you want. But you unleashed the monster and let the genie from the lamp.

I/We did not invent open carry demonstrations.  We've only been around 18 months.  Although, I am flattered at the power you assume we have to control an entire nation.  I will say that I am proud that people are waking up and starting to demand their rights back.  It dismays me that are people like you willing to throw them under the bus because you personally disagree.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:38:45 AM EDT
[#48]

You have folks, acting in your name. Approaching law enforcement while armed and antagonizing them while working active scenes. How does that help our cause?
View All Quotes

No, they don't act in our name. This is false. Not when they don't follow our guidelines and procedures.

How does any of that help? You say, "But they aren't part of OCT. They're their.own thing!" Well Mr. Grisham; I have bad news for you. The media doesn't care, the general public doesn't know, and elected officials are offended and don't care either. They see all of us as the bad apples you created.

I have bad news for you.  We don't care about what the anti-gun media thinks.  You should try it and stop being influenced by it.

California and Florida happened before you started OCT. Many said it was a bad idea and you continued.

And yes, BECAUSE OF OCT, Texas will have open carry for the first time in over 125 years.  Many said it was a bad idea and we continued....and we're winning.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:39:21 AM EDT
[#49]

The fault sir, falls squarely on you.
View Quote

I'll gladly take the blame on behalf of our 40,000 members for getting open carry legislation passed in Texas.  I'll pass on your compliments.

I'm not saying you're the enemy. I'm not saying you're the bad guy. I'm not even saying you're anti 2nd Amendment. All I am.saying is that you lit the match that has started the fire.
View Quote

You just spend an entire post calling me the enemy and a bad guy. You can't take that back.

I would like to dicuss this matter with you in a polite and respectful manner.
View Quote

Me Too.

In Liberty,

CJ Grisham
President
Open Carry Texas
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:43:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Kory Watkins wearing your shirt.  
View Quote

So, now I have to screen anyone that buys stuff from our store?  Those photos were taken before Kory and his group were removed from OCT.  I've made very clear our position on him.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top