Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:20:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

not sure if i misunderstood but was  the little girl his ? Also I would have thought at the very least he would have killed Valentin , he escaped from the chain gain comes all the way back to then just give up???
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am pissed chalky went out like that...

Unless he decided to give up living when he saw the girl at the cathouse, I really don't understand his actions.
Everything he did this season was rendered pointless.

Chalky basically committed suicide because there were no possible positive outcomes from his actions and he knew it.

not sure if i misunderstood but was  the little girl his ? Also I would have thought at the very least he would have killed Valentin , he escaped from the chain gain comes all the way back to then just give up???

Unless I'm missing some detail, I thought he gave himself up because he loved the singer chick and the Doc wouldn't let her go unless Chalky did so.  I also thought the little girl was his and he didn't want her growing up under the control of the Doc.  He hears her singing in his head and smiles right before they shoot him.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:25:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought the mother specifically said that the girl wasn't Chalky's.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:46:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Unless I'm missing some detail, I thought he gave himself up because he loved the singer chick and the Doc wouldn't let her go unless Chalky did so.  I also thought the little girl was his and he didn't want her growing up under the control of the Doc.  He hears her singing in his head and smiles right before they shoot him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless he decided to give up living when he saw the girl at the cathouse, I really don't understand his actions.

Chalky basically committed suicide because there were no possible positive outcomes from his actions and he knew it.

This. I thought that was pretty obvious, personally.

ETA- Whether the daughter was his or not isn't known, but he did believe it was his. He lost a daughter, then gained a daughter, and that's what made him change his mind. He believed he was trading his life for the life of the singer and his new daughter.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:47:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I thought the mother specifically said that the girl wasn't Chalky's.
View Quote

Pretty sure she was referring to Narcisse when she said that.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I really think Nucky is going to buy the farm because I think the whole flash back thing this season is for us to have symphony for him once he meets his end.

Maybe he'll get stabbed in the back by Mickey.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 12:14:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I really think Nucky is going to buy the farm because I think the whole flash back thing this season is for us to have symphony for him once he meets his end.

View Quote
If we do have a symphony for him, I hope it is played by the NY Philharmonic.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 1:05:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

IE autocorrect  failure.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 3:10:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All the more reason for him to have killed Narcisse when he had the chance rather than to trade his own life for nothing since Narcisse had no intention of keeping his word.  

Chalky, one of my favorite characters, gave his life for nothing.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 3:24:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, the writers have said that they will not be accurately following history .

In the real world Nucky went to prison, Luciano and Lansky reshaped organized crime, and Capone was put away and was a drooling syphillitic of no consequence when he was released.

If the writers aren't being misleading and they intend to warp history anything can happen.

The historical  Nucky Johnson wasn't a violent gangster as depicted in the series, so who knows?
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:29:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:07:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:[/b]

Prediction:
Eli  ,Doyle, Nucky will all survive the end of the show.
The producers mentioned that it's not based on true and accurate accounts. So anything could happenin real life
Eli, Nucky lived long past the 30s

got that wrong !!!!
                                                                                                                                                 Note to Doyle keep mouth shut !
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:28:56 PM EDT
[#14]
The Cuban got it fast.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:20:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The Cuban got it fast.  
View Quote

I was amazed that the exchange went down that way, merely because it was too obvious..
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:52:39 AM EDT
[#16]
The writers killed the show in my mind. Must have been angry at cancellation.

Killing Doyle which is historically incorrect, means anything can happen to Nucky next week.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:05:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Killing Doyle which is historically incorrect, means anything can happen to Nucky next week.
View Quote

the last thing we need is another true blood finale

But killing Doyle and the Cuban guy with a knife I thought was rather weak.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:18:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doyle and the Cuban guy died from lead poisoning. No knife involved they were shot.

At the hostage exchange.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:27:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Doyle and the Cuban guy died from lead poisoning. No knife involved they were shot.

At the hostage exchange.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

At the hostage exchange.

I saw the episode..... let me try that again..... But the killing of  Doyle and the Cuban guy I thought was rather weak  
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:29:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

Nucky is going to turn into a vampire?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#21]
7. Mickey Doyle (played by Paul Sparks)

Mickey Doyle is based on Mickey Duffy, who was based on William Michael Cusick, one of the Polish gangsters from Philadelphia and yeah, he was stupid enough to change his name to try to fit in with the Irish gangs. Duffy was a thief and a hijacker who went to prison eight times. He got popped for assault with intent to kill and did almost three years for it starting in 1919. When he got out, prohibition was in swing and Duffy danced, setting up breweries throughout Philly and South Jersey.

Duffy battled it out with other area bootleggers and expanded into numbers rackets and legitimate clubs. In the first Tommy gun shooting in Philadelphia, Francis Bailey and Peter Ford caught Duffy coming out of one his nightclubs, the Club Cadix, on Feb. 25, 1927 and shot him. They killed his bodyguard and put a hole in the club’s doorman. Duffy muscled into Northern New Jersey and stepped on Max Hassel’s toes. Hassel was an associate of Waxey Gordon. Duffy got heat after a Prohibition agent was killed in a raid at one of his breweries in Elizabeth, N.J. Duffy was killed at the Ambassador Hotel in Atlantic City in what looks like a power grab on Aug. 31, 1931. The guys that shot Duffy, Samuel E. Grossman and Albert Skale, were hit two months later starting a mob war in Philadelphia. Thousands came to see Duffy off, but cops only allowed the family and some friends to attend the funeral.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:44:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
7. Mickey Doyle (played by Paul Sparks)

Mickey Doyle is based on Mickey Duffy, who was based on William Michael Cusick, one of the Polish gangsters from Philadelphia and yeah, he was stupid enough to change his name to try to fit in with the Irish gangs. Duffy was a thief and a hijacker who went to prison eight times. He got popped for assault with intent to kill and did almost three years for it starting in 1919. When he got out, prohibition was in swing and Duffy danced, setting up breweries throughout Philly and South Jersey.

Duffy battled it out with other area bootleggers and expanded into numbers rackets and legitimate clubs. In the first Tommy gun shooting in Philadelphia, Francis Bailey and Peter Ford caught Duffy coming out of one his nightclubs, the Club Cadix, on Feb. 25, 1927 and shot him. They killed his bodyguard and put a hole in the club’s doorman. Duffy muscled into Northern New Jersey and stepped on Max Hassel’s toes. Hassel was an associate of Waxey Gordon. Duffy got heat after a Prohibition agent was killed in a raid at one of his breweries in Elizabeth, N.J. Duffy was killed at the Ambassador Hotel in Atlantic City in what looks like a power grab on Aug. 31, 1931. The guys that shot Duffy, Samuel E. Grossman and Albert Skale, were hit two months later starting a mob war in Philadelphia. Thousands came to see Duffy off, but cops only allowed the family and some friends to attend the funeral.
View Quote

Okay, I was wrong. If Duffy did indeed pass on in 31, then maybe Nucky will get pinched for Tax Evasion instead of rubbed out.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:48:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Am i the only person that thought this last episode was pretty good?
I don't usually care for the flashbacks but the Gillian flashbacks told a story that needed to be told.
I thought the writing was pretty solid.  
Interesting to see Nucky so vulnerable.  If he could hit Maranzona (sp) so easily, I wonder why he didn't go after Luciano and Lansky?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:57:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I don't usually care for the flashbacks but the Gillian flashbacks told a story that needed to be told.

Interesting to see Nucky so vulnerable.  If he could hit Maranzona (sp) so easily, I wonder why he didn't go after Luciano and Lansky?
View Quote

My wife and I both thought it was great.

The Gillian story adds a lot of depth to both her and Nucky as characters. I still don't like her, because she became a reprehensible person, but seeing how she got there does make her character a bit more sympathetic.

I think the writers are doing this to show how much humanity, if any, Nucky has remaining after all of his trials. I'm very curious to see if he does anything to try to help her, and if he does will it be too late?

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:08:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Casting for Child-Gillian was right on.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#26]
My prediction was wrong I thought Doyle would live.

I think Nucky  has to go to jail.
Eil , will probably just wander off.

Maybe a Luciano \ Lansky  spinoff show.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:24:42 PM EDT
[#27]
I guess I am in the minority. I didn't really care for last nights show, or this season really. I don't like the flashback stuff this late in the series. Tell that in the first season if you need to.

Nucky sure turned out to be a pussy last night.

Oh we'll, one and done as they say.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This. For a moment I had wondered if they used some special effects to make the original actress look younger.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:30:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I guess I am in the minority. I didn't really care for last nights show, or this season really. I don't like the flashback stuff this late in the series. Tell that in the first season if you need to.

View Quote

Nucky sure turned out to be a pussy last night.

Oh we'll, one and done as they say.
I think the flashbacks are necessary because they only have a season left to wrap up the story.  They are setting Nucky up for his moment of redemption.  Nucky's story is the classic fall and redemption.  Being poor, he just wants to get ahead, yet by entering the criminal world he has to do more and more wicked stuff that hurts those around him.  The Jillian flashbacks are the moment when innocence was lost, not just her's but Nucky's as well.  Nucky, unlike Luciano, still has a conscience and the weight of his bad acts are weighing on it.  I think they are bringing his story to a head in a very intelligent manner.  

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:45:42 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm hoping we get to see  Gillian  full frontal. One more time.

Lobotomy
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:38:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My prediction was wrong I thought Doyle would live.

I think Nucky  has to go to jail.
Eil , will probably just wander off.

Maybe a Luciano \ Lansky  spinoff show.
View Quote

my guess is Nucky's (ex) wife will help him out with that scheme they are working on at the stock exchange.

that or gunfight to the death
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:01:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Probably better that it's ending; this show really ran out of steam

And I just realized that the actor playing the Sheriff is the same guy who plays the newspaper editor in House of Cards.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:08:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

And I just realized that the actor playing the Sheriff is the same guy who plays the newspaper editor in House of Cards.
View Quote

Marc Pickering

LINK
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:22:23 AM EDT
[#34]
The casting for Gillian as a young child was perfect.
If they had done this earlier in the series, it would have made things a little clearer, but at least they got into the history of the two.
Mickey Doyle was his usual dumb self, and Archimedes got screwed.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:42:18 AM EDT
[#35]
I thought the last episode fucking sucked and the finale will probably ruin the entire series for me.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:57:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I thought the last episode fucking sucked and the finale will probably ruin the entire series for me.
View Quote

I can't imagine ever wanting to view the series over again, not with this ending.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or The Who.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:54:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Nucky walks into a diner, sits at a table and drops a nickle into the phonograph machine.

"Don't Stop Belivin" starts playing.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:06:39 PM EDT
[#40]
You have to hand it to  Archimedes he was a true professional.
Put his life on the line for a buck. And never hesitated to perform.
Only criticism I can think of Could've used some handgun training. He relied on the knife a little too much.

Still hoping for  a  Luciano \ Lansky spinoff show. Next year ! Would love to see what Pinky does with the club.

Pinky could be the new Mickey ! For the New York boys
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#41]
My buddy who's HBOgo password I was using shut off his hbo. I guess im going to miss the last few episodes.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Reading this thread, I have no regrets of cancelling HBO after last season's finale. Shame, it was a great show.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Marc Pickering

LINK
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Marc Pickering

LINK

I know who he is. Not him; the original sheriff who hires young Nucky.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:20:54 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Marc Pickering

LINK

He also played as LT Marimow in The Wire.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:31:21 AM EDT
[#45]
I've enjoyed the series and this season.  

I did not like the scene where Nucky supposedly gives it all away.  I suppose he's tired of his gangster lifestyle and doesn't care anymore.  

My prediction:  He dies.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:05:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Marc Pickering

LINK

Boris McGiver    Sheriff Lindsay
time to look this up i have no life
LINCOLNCoffrothSteven Spielberg
TAKING WOODSTOCK             DougAng Lee
THE CLIQUEIssac                    Michael Lembeck
DARK MATTER                 (w/ Meryl Streep)Rev. HollingsChen Shi Zhen
FUR (w/ Nicole Kidman)                 Jack HenrySteven Shainberg
PINK PANTHER                       (w/ Steve Martin)VainquerShawn Levy
TAXI                                  Franklin20th/Fox,TimStory
CONNIE AND CARLA                     TiborMichael Lembeck
CRADLE WILL ROCK                 FeaturedTim Robbins
JESUS’ SON                        MaxAlison MacLean
LITTLE ODESS                      AIvanJames Gray
THE ASSOCIATE                 FeaturedDonald Price
IRONWEED                    FeaturedHector Babenco
GIRL SIX                                        FeaturedSpike Lee
TELEVISION
BOARDWALK EMPIRERECURRING:              Sheriff LindsayHBO
TURNRECURRING: Reverend                 TallmadgeAMC
FLESH AND BONE                    Maxwell KensingtonSTARZ
HOUSE OF CARDSRECURRING:                   HammerschmidtDavid Fincher, Netflix
PERSON OF INTERESTRECURRING:                       HershCBS
WHITE                                                      COLLARBruceUSA
KILLING KENNEDY                          Agent FainNatl Geographic
DAMAGESTHE                                    KillerGlenn Kessler
UNFORGETTABLE                                   Lewis MartinCBS
THE GOOD WIFE                               Eric DorfmanCBS
JOHN ADAMS                                   Robert GoddardTom Hooper, HBO
CANTERBURY’S                               LAWScott JasperMike Figgis
LAW & ORDER                                 Various Guest Leads (6)NBC
30 ROCK                                       Patrick DonaghyNBC
KIDNAPPED   SERIES REGULAR:                     GreeneNBC
THE WIRERECURRING:                          Lt. MarimowHBO
L&O CRIMINAL                   INTENTVarious                                 Guest LeadsFrank Prinzi, David Manson
RESCUE ME                 Capt. Bob KentPeter Tolan, Denis Leary
JONNY ZERO                         Pernell AbbottWarner Brothers TV
THE JURY                                Dave SheridanEd Bianchi, Levinson, FOX
QUEENS SUPREME                               Guest LeadMatt Penn, CBS
THIRD WATCH                              DanNBC
WITNESS TO THE MOB                                SupportingNBC Minseries
BROADWAY/OFF                        -BROADWAY
WARHORSE                                     (original Broadway cast)TedLincoln Center; Broadway
DESIRE UNDER THE ELMS                              PeterBroadway d/ Bob Falls
THE OVERWHELMING                       Verbeek,                                        BuissonRoundabout, Max Stafford-Clark
BOOK OF DAYS                                     EarlSignature Theater
ANDORRATeacher                                    TFANA d/ Liviu Ciulei
CYMBELINEIachimo                                      Bart Sher, TFANA
MORE LIES ABOUT                                   JERZYRysiekVineyard d/ Darko Tresnjak
LYDIE BREEZEAmosNYTW
THE DEVILS                                     ShigalyovNYTW d/ Garland Wright
ANTONY & CLEOPATRA                     PompeyNYSF d/ Vanessa Redgrave
HENRY VI 1,2,3                                 Talbot, Cade….NYSF d/ Karin Coonrod
TIMON OF ATHEN                              SLucullusNYSF d/Brian Kulick
TROILUS & CRESSID                           AHectorNYSF d/Mark Wing-Davey
HAPGOOD                                              Russian/    RidleyLincoln CTR d/ Jack O’Brien
RICHARD II                                             Green/Surrey/ ExtonNYSF d/ Steven Berkoff

SKILLS: EXCELLENT            Accent and Dialect ear, Speaks Swedish
REGIONAL: ?                 GOODMAN, SEATTLE REP, CALIFORNIA SHAKES, PHILA THEATER CO., ST LOUIS REP, HARTFORD STAGE, BERKSHIRE THEATER FESTIVAL, BALTIMORE CENTER STAGE, YALE REP, others…..

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 8:11:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I did not like the scene where Nucky supposedly gives it all away.  I suppose he's tired of his gangster lifestyle and doesn't care anymore.  

View Quote

Prediction:  made at sun 20:11
Am going with Nucky lives .   Eil , By get a pass.  

THIS  IS   IT !  hope for a good ending .      
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 8:33:36 PM EDT
[#48]
u did not see this 2X .
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:05:58 PM EDT
[#49]
My prediction was wrong !!!    

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:07:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

GOOD   CALL    
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top