Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:33:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Does anyone know which department that was? The light brown shirt guys are St. Louis County PD and light blue shirts are Ferguson right?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:33:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

O rly?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who gives a fuck whether it's a journalist or not? When people try to distract from the real topic with trivialities, it smells of an agenda.

The "protesters" are fucking stupid. However, Officer Douchey Killemall should be removed from the force immediately.

Am I in before someone defends his actions?

[ETA] I can't wait to see how the transition is made from "not a journalist" to "officer acted appropriately", because I'm sure that's in the works.
OP labeled some random guy as "media" in an obvious attempt to puff up his cred.

I have no problem with the content of the video, but I won't let someone piss in the air and tell me it's raining.    

O rly?
Don't be dense... I have no problem with the information being conveyed.  I'm not saying I'm okay with what the cop did.  Grow up.  

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:33:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Ever since I saw that cop sitting on the top of his armored vehicle, glassing the crowd through the scope of his AR, I do not even understand how this is even legal or why it has not been stopped.

If someone from the crowd was glassing the police through a scope they would be shot or arrested.  I do not understand how the police get a pass on this.  Is this type of action even legal for the cops to use?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty unprofessional.

Don't stop at unprofessional.  Pretty illegal.

Ever since I saw that cop sitting on the top of his armored vehicle, glassing the crowd through the scope of his AR, I do not even understand how this is even legal or why it has not been stopped.

If someone from the crowd was glassing the police through a scope they would be shot or arrested.  I do not understand how the police get a pass on this.  Is this type of action even legal for the cops to use?

Da badge makes um spezal bro.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:33:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So anyone with a cell phone streaming live video is now considered part of the media?  
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:35:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hmmm. Man with a rifle pointed at me and threatening to kill me would make me fear for my life.

There's an appropriate response in that scenario.
View Quote

A well deserved response.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:35:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Is everything on the internet suddenly true?
Would you like to buy a used car? It was owned by a little old lady who only drove it to church on Sundays.

Possibly you'd like to buy the Batmobile. I can get you a really good deal on it. Send me $1,500,000 in cash and I'll ship it to you. You should believe me because you believe anything that anyone tells you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is an idiot running through the middle of a riot a journalist or a news photographer?

Am I?

I did actually work as one many years ago. But, if Fort Worth has a race riot and I decide to go play in the middle of it while recording video, that does not make me a journalist. It makes me a person playing in the middle of a race riot while recording video.

I don't even understand what your position actually is.  Is a journalist suddenly not a journalist and instead a rioter because they are reporting from a riot?

Would you like to buy a used car? It was owned by a little old lady who only drove it to church on Sundays.

Possibly you'd like to buy the Batmobile. I can get you a really good deal on it. Send me $1,500,000 in cash and I'll ship it to you. You should believe me because you believe anything that anyone tells you.

So is your position here that Heavy 6 did not point a loaded rifle at non-threatening people and scream that he was going to fucking kill them? That the video is all an elaborate fake?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:37:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Sarcasm right? I sure hope so, cause the way he was waving that rifle everything is down range
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:39:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

yall motherfuckers are splitting tiny little ball hairs.

It doesn't matter WHO he was pointing it at. The point is he is a police officer which should be held to a higher standard patrolling an already fragile event pointing a loaded gun at unarmed people who are not being threatening in any way what so ever saying he will fucking kill them.  You even hear the other cop yell at him point your fucking rifle down what the fuck is wrong with you.  The guy needs fired immediately. If you can't handle a little stress in a job that is 99% stressful 100% of the time without threatening to kill people for no reason with a loaded gun you don't need to be doing that job period.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is an idiot running through the middle of a riot a journalist or a news photographer?

Am I?

I did actually work as one many years ago. But, if Fort Worth has a race riot and I decide to go play in the middle of it while recording video, that does not make me a journalist. It makes me a person playing in the middle of a race riot while recording video.

I don't even understand what your position actually is.  Is a journalist suddenly not a journalist and instead a rioter because they are reporting from a riot?

yall motherfuckers are splitting tiny little ball hairs.

It doesn't matter WHO he was pointing it at. The point is he is a police officer which should be held to a higher standard patrolling an already fragile event pointing a loaded gun at unarmed people who are not being threatening in any way what so ever saying he will fucking kill them.  You even hear the other cop yell at him point your fucking rifle down what the fuck is wrong with you.  The guy needs fired immediately. If you can't handle a little stress in a job that is 99% stressful 100% of the time without threatening to kill people for no reason with a loaded gun you don't need to be doing that job period.

The problem is that it's almost impossible to tell what was happening in the middle of this.

There's a riot. The video shows a crowd in the streets. A cop waves an AR15 type and tells the guy with the cell phone, or maybe someone behind, to get back or he'll kill them.

Is the cop making an unfounded threat? Maybe.
Were the rioters smashing businesses and starting fires when the cops arrived? Maybe. Someone yelled not to throw things at the start of the video, so that suggests crowd violence. It doesn't prove it, but the possibility is there.

I watched it again and I couldn't hear another cop tell the fat one to point his rifle down.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:40:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Start posting the video, asking if people recognize him to post his name. Eventually someone will come forward.
View Quote

Twitterville is all over it.  They'll figure it out.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:41:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:41:39 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Well, expanding on his thought, the cop has figured in his frustration that the  mass "Media" is part of the problem.  What is this day 10?  

Looters, rioters, protestors,  anarchists,  commies, Crips & Bloods, morons, ISIS, OBots, Al Sharpton, and village idiots are there to be on TeeeeVeee - look at me suckers!  Yaaahooooo!  No media coverage the kooks are gone.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:41:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Don't be dense... I have no problem with the information being conveyed.  I'm not saying I'm okay with what the cop did.  Grow up.    
View Quote

I wasn't being purposely dense.  Being okay with the content of the video would in my mind mean that one was okay with the officer threatening people, where if you were okay with the recording of the video one would say "I'm okay with the video being taken."
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:42:21 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:42:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So is your position here that Heavy 6 did not point a loaded rifle at non-threatening people and scream that he was going to fucking kill them? That the video is all an elaborate fake?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I?

I think you do not know how to read and you decided that your I hate cops bullshit was whatever prompted your post.

Seriously, your comment is stupider than smiling bandit's and that's saying something.

Some of y'all will believe anything that as long as you can twist it into your own fucked up little minds to be what you want.

You're really no better than the chemtrails and 9/11 conspiracy people. You just tell yourselves different lies.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:44:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Who decides which people are and aren't "journalists"?
View Quote

The guy who hired the professional news crew that was walking next to the cell phone guy is probably one of the people who decides which people are "journalists."
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:44:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Not by me, the guy's a fucking tool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not a conditional threat, just a threat to kill someone.  I'm sure it will be defended.

Yep.  Don't want to work next to that powder keg.  Fuck him.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:44:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Again for page 3 readers.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:44:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I think you do not know how to read and you decided that your I hate cops bullshit was whatever prompted your post.

Seriously, your comment is stupider than smiling bandit's and that's saying something.

Some of y'all will believe anything that as long as you can twist it into your own fucked up little minds to be what you want.

You're really no better than the chemtrails and 9/11 conspiracy people. You just tell yourselves different lies.
View Quote

Just blame libertarians.  They are the fall guy for everything.

Last I heard, the Libertarian Party was responsible for Pearl Harbor.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:45:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I?

So anyone who sees a video of a cop pointing a rifle indiscriminately at a crowd and screaming "I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!" and thinks that's a bad thing is equivalent to a 9/11 troofer and hates cops?

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:46:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The guy who hired the professional news crew that was walking next to the cell phone guy is probably one of the people who decides which people are "journalists."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does the First Amendment only apply to journalists working for "professional" media outlets?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:47:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

So anyone who sees a video of a cop pointing a rifle indiscriminately at a crowd and screaming "I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!" and thinks that's a bad thing is equivalent to a 9/11 troofer and hates cops?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, just you.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:48:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who gives a fuck whether it's a journalist or not? When people try to distract from the real topic with trivialities, it smells of an agenda.

The "protesters" are fucking stupid. However, Officer Douchey Killemall should be removed from the force immediately.

Am I in before someone defends his actions?

[ETA] I can't wait to see how the transition is made from "not a journalist" to "officer acted appropriately", because I'm sure that's in the works.
OP labeled some random guy as "media" in an obvious attempt to puff up his cred.

I have no problem with the content of the video, but I won't let someone piss in the air and tell me it's raining.    

O rly?

Good Russ.....now maybe we can get back to the issue....which is the video. not the videor
I feel for the LEO in the made up fiasco, but this event certainly is revealing JBTs too.  There is so much  derp from the rioters and certain police that there is a huge list of take away lessons but unfortunately most agencies will be too dense to make corrections.....it's a defend the badge regardless of error mentality that needs to go away.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:49:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
No, just you.
View Quote

Please don't leave this thread.  You're making it better than the you laugh, you lose one.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hired myself to film, I journalist now?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:51:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

No, just you.
View Quote

Nothing wins an argument faster than a "NO U!" tail spin.  

If you were getting paid to professionally post, you'd have been fired by now.  

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No, just you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, just you.

I like you, you're cute.

Please tell us more about the appropriate times to wave a rifle indiscriminately at a crowd while screaming about how you'll fucking kill an unspecified "you."

I really hope you aren't a cop, but I'm not taking that bet...
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:51:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yep. Don't want to work next to that powder keg.  Fuck him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not a conditional threat, just a threat to kill someone.  I'm sure it will be defended.

It's like he's never worked a crowd before.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:53:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Gifs/afraid_zps414378c2.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Gifs/afraid_zps414378c2.gif

About damn time we saw a .gif from you.

Also, did you see this thread? Given your avatar I thought it might be of interest to you.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:53:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:54:06 AM EDT
[#30]
This isn't the media this is some hipster with a shitty phone.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:54:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Way to help your department's imagine there Deputy Douchebag.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:55:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Also, did you see this thread? Given your avatar I thought it might be of interest to you.
View Quote

I'm not even a fan, just like the pic.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:55:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You'd figure an 07er would know how to hot link.
View Quote

As a 14er I might feel compelled to show the 07er how to do it, but it is not my place to embarrass him ....

Besides he did that all by himself!  
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:58:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You'd figure an 07er would know how to hot link.
View Quote

Those damned 07'ers!  
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:59:50 AM EDT
[#35]
The latest news from Ferguson.

Report: Only 3 of 78 Arrested Protesters Were Ferguson Residents

"Fox News correspondent Steve Harrigan reported that only three of the 78 protesters arrested last night during last night’s clash between the police and protesters in Ferguson were actually from the city on Tuesday’s “The O’Reilly Factor.”

He stated that there were, “78 arrests, just three of them here from the town of Ferguson.” Harrigan added that there were “a lot from Missouri, but some came from as far away as California and New York.”  And that there are “some concerns from police that rioters are using the demonstrations as a cover, a cover to launch some attacks against police."  " -snip-

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/08/19/Report-Only-3-of-78-Arrested-Protesters-were-Ferguson-Residents

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:59:50 AM EDT
[#36]
I think Officer 'Go fuck yourself' should watch the video and reassess his choice in careers.

Perhaps he could use his oratory skills for greeting shoppers at Lowe's or WalMart?

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:00:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

So who is "the media"?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:00:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fish on.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:01:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
That cop was a dipshit.
View Quote

May be, but I would think any LEO on the streets of Ferguson right now would be a little edgy and in a less than sunny mood. I would anticipate that screwing with them would not get a pleasant response.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:03:24 AM EDT
[#40]
I wonder what the anti gun folks who were saying only police and military should have assault rifles are thinking right now!
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:04:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Since when do you consider a hoodrat with a cheap Obamaphone that we paid for, a reporter for the press???
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:05:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I like you, you're cute.

Please tell us more about the appropriate times to wave a rifle indiscriminately at a crowd while screaming about how you'll fucking kill an unspecified "you."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, just you.

I like you, you're cute.

Surprise, I'm not a cop.

I just can't stand the usual gang of ignorant dumb fucks who post in threads like these because they think they're cool to say things like JBT.

I already wrote it once, but maybe this time whoever read my other posts to you will see it.

At the beginning of the video, someone in the crowd yelled not to throw things. It suggests that there was crowd violence. It doesn't prove it, and maybe the cop is just a jackass, but if you can find someone with a three digit IQ in your circle of acquaintances, perhaps they can explain the whole thing about wanting to see all of the facts, not just the ones that argue in your favor.

If you do not currently have any friends who are smarter than yourself, allow me to suggest that you visit an elementary school or perhaps a nursing home.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:07:02 AM EDT
[#43]
I just got here, but I see the term "citizen journalist" (as recognized by every journalism department at every college, newspaper, magazine, etc. in America) is lost on some of you rocket scientists.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:07:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Since when do you consider a hoodrat with a cheap Obamaphone that we paid for, a reporter for the press???
View Quote

Circa 1790
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If you do not currently have any friends who are smarter than yourself, allow me to suggest that you visit an elementary school or perhaps a nursing home.
View Quote

All this ad hominem shit makes you look bad.  Just FYI.  

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:09:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

What article lead you to believe the camera operator was a hoodrat using an Obamaphone?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:10:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe I am lost, but why does it even matter if he is press or not? Cop points rifle at (presumably unarmed us citizen), threatens to fucking kill him for nothing...... If he is not press that makes it some how okay? Honest question.  And the guy even if he is press is a tard for being there in the first place.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:10:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
OP:  How do you know the person was a journalist?
View Quote

He doesn't need no facts - this is copblock, I mean GD.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:10:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Does anyone know which department that was? The light brown shirt guys are St. Louis County PD and light blue shirts are Ferguson right?
View Quote

If you go on twitter or youtube the officer has been identified.  They even have a link to his facebook.

I'm not going to be the guy to post it here.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:12:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I just got here, but I see the term "citizen journalist" (as recognized by every journalism department at every college, newspaper, magazine, etc. in America) is lost on some of you rocket scientists.
View Quote

Here from DU to lecture us as to the liberal vernacular?
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top