BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 8:55:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ah yes, bloggers... those guys who editorialize and write hit pieces, without worrying about pesky things like accountability or facts.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So anyone with a cell phone streaming live video is now considered part of the media?  

I agree.  The government should license and only allow first amendment rights to officially recognized journalists.
The point... you missed it.  

I didn't.  Bloggers and other internet contributors are the new media.
Ah yes, bloggers... those guys who editorialize and write hit pieces, without worrying about pesky things like accountability or facts.  

I think you just described CNN, MSNBC, and pretty much every major news outlet.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So anyone with a cell phone streaming live video is now considered part of the media?  

I agree.  The government should license and only allow first amendment rights to officially recognized journalists.

The pesky constitution doesn't seem to define press as having to be factual or accountable.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 8:57:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't care.  The media are fucking worthless. They get killed, hope they get it on camera. Put it over on the YNC for them to critique about dying skills.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 8:58:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Obvious troll is obvious.

DU is that way -------------------->
View Quote

<--------------------------------

Sheesh.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 8:58:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Who gives a fuck whether it's a journalist or not? When people try to distract from the real topic with trivialities, it smells of an agenda.

The "protesters" are fucking stupid. However, Officer Douchey Killemall should be removed from the force immediately.

Am I in before someone defends his actions?

[ETA] I can't wait to see how the transition is made from "not a journalist" to "officer acted appropriately", because I'm sure that's in the works.
View Quote
OP labeled some random guy as "media" in an obvious attempt to puff up his cred.

I have no problem with the content of the video, but I won't let someone piss in the air and tell me it's raining.  

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 8:58:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:00:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OP labeled some random guy as "media" in an obvious attempt to puff up his cred.

I have no problem with the content of the video, but I won't let someone piss in the air and tell me it's raining.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who gives a fuck whether it's a journalist or not? When people try to distract from the real topic with trivialities, it smells of an agenda.

The "protesters" are fucking stupid. However, Officer Douchey Killemall should be removed from the force immediately.

[ETA] I can't wait to see how the transition is made from "not a journalist" to "officer acted appropriately", because I'm sure that's in the works.

O rly?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:01:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:02:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
For those of us without speakers at work or whatever reason. I assume the gist is "Get out of here or I'll kill you?
View Quote

watch FOX; they have run the video several times.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:03:28 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Sheesh.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Obvious troll is obvious.

DU is that way -------------------->

Sheesh.

Fuck you're right
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:03:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Pointing his rifle at one guy with a camera after wildly pointing around at a bunch of folks "I'll fucking kill you.  Get back."

Not a conditional threat, just a threat to kill someone.  I'm sure it will be defended.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For those of us without speakers at work or whatever reason. I assume the gist is "Get out of here or I'll kill you?

Pointing his rifle at one guy with a camera after wildly pointing around at a bunch of folks "I'll fucking kill you.  Get back."

Not a conditional threat, just a threat to kill someone.  I'm sure it will be defended.

In Texas, that's considered a Terroristic Threat if you're little people.
Since he actually is waving a rifle, it might also be Assault.

Blue line probably makes it OK though.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:04:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

His job is to go home safe at night.  Your job is to pick up that can.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:05:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you're confusing bloggers with the New York Times.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:06:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, Officer Gofuckyourself better go work on his résumé.

He'll be lucky if he isn't charged with assault.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:07:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Face it, it is hard to be nice or even friendly to people you are training to kill.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Face it, it is hard to be nice or even friendly to people you are training to kill.

I never once told some random non-threatening Iraqi that I was going to fucking kill them, and I guarandamntee you the Marines were training me to kill them. They also were training me on how to be a professional. Apparently Heavy 6 missed that part.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:08:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Don't stop at unprofessional.  Pretty illegal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty unprofessional.

Don't stop at unprofessional.  Pretty illegal.

Ever since I saw that cop sitting on the top of his armored vehicle, glassing the crowd through the scope of his AR, I do not even understand how this is even legal or why it has not been stopped.

If someone from the crowd was glassing the police through a scope they would be shot or arrested.  I do not understand how the police get a pass on this.  Is this type of action even legal for the cops to use?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:08:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well, Officer Gofuckyourself better go work on his résumé.

He'll be lucky if he isn't charged with assault.
View Quote

A cop getting fired (let alone charged) just for pointing his rifle at unarmed non-threatening people while screaming death threats? What crazy utopia do you live in where that's going to happen, I want to move there.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The pesky constitution doesn't seem to define press as having to be factual or accountable.
View Quote

Generally, there is no criminal penalty for being factually incorrect.
If they are libelous or slanderous, you can sue them.

Do you think they should be arrested or something?

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:09:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Are Breibart's staff journalists?  Is a freelance news photographer?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alternatively, people who hang out in riots and take pictures with their cell phones should not call themselves journalists. It's a blatant lie and if the person will lie about something that obvious, anything else he says must be considered bullshit until proven otherwise.

Besides, I took pictures in D.C.

I'm a fucking Washington Correspondent!

Is an idiot running through the middle of a riot a journalist or a news photographer?

Am I?

I did actually work as one many years ago. But, if Fort Worth has a race riot and I decide to go play in the middle of it while recording video, that does not make me a journalist. It makes me a person playing in the middle of a race riot while recording video.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:09:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The guy holding the camera appears to have reported what happened to us. What does that make him?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The guy holding the camera appears to have reported what happened to us. What does that make him?

I have it on the collective authority of Arfcom authoritarians it makes him an asshole.  Anyone that films a cop, causes that cop to fucking lose his shit and become and asshole. Ineveitable post: assholes colliding.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:10:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Is an idiot running through the middle of a riot a journalist or a news photographer?

Am I?

I did actually work as one many years ago. But, if Fort Worth has a race riot and I decide to go play in the middle of it while recording video, that does not make me a journalist. It makes me a person playing in the middle of a race riot while recording video.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alternatively, people who hang out in riots and take pictures with their cell phones should not call themselves journalists. It's a blatant lie and if the person will lie about something that obvious, anything else he says must be considered bullshit until proven otherwise.

Besides, I took pictures in D.C.

I'm a fucking Washington Correspondent!

Am I?

Who decides which people are and aren't "journalists"?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:12:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.  Of course not.  The only point I'm trying to make is that todays "press" is anyone with a cam, and they are afforded the same constitutional rights of free press as the guy in 1790 who literally had a press, pressing news papers by hand.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:12:17 AM EDT
[#23]

Probably one of the best gifs I've seen this year.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:14:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Hmmm. Man with a rifle pointed at me and threatening to kill me would make me fear for my life.

There's an appropriate response in that scenario.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:14:41 AM EDT
[#25]

Rather than the inevitable "Does having a cameraphone make X a reporter?" which always seems to be asked in these threads, a better question might be, Does the free speech protection provided by the 1st Amenedment apply only to reporters, or to everyone?

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:15:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bear with me here, because this is going to get complicated.  If you were recording video to play in your living room later, that doesn't make you a journalist.  If you're recording video and using it to report to other people, then you're a journalist.  

That goofy fucker from Vice News had over 20,000 people watching his live stream the other night.  I'll stand by for whatever statist contortions anyone wants to go through to try to prove that isn't journalism.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:15:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hmmm. Man with a rifle pointed at me and threatening to kill me would make me fear for my life.

View Quote

He's the only in that crowd professional enough to flag bystanders with a rifle and scream death threats.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:15:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sure.  But I don't think you'd make it to your defense trial when 100 of his friends respond to your response.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:16:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Why was the fat cop in Blurryville pointing a carbine at people?
View Quote

They were making a move?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:17:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

So in case he has to shoot them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:17:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Am I?

View Quote

I don't even understand what your position actually is.  Is a journalist suddenly not a journalist and instead a rioter because they are reporting from a riot?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:18:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because he was afraid.  And we learned from the newspaper ladies in LA that being scared of your shadow is all that is required for force to be appropriate.  (See also Watertown manhunt)
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:20:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Sure.  But I don't think you'd make it to your defense trial when 100 of his friends respond to your response.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotta pick your battles.

Actually, you have to pick your environment, too. Don't hang out with losers. Don't attend riots. Don't stick around at the bar after exchanging words with a drunk. Don't bed married women. Don't free climb. etc.

It's not rocket surgery.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:24:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Because he was afraid.  And we learned from the newspaper ladies in LA that being scared of your shadow is all that is required for force to be appropriate.  (See also Watertown manhunt)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:25:33 AM EDT
[#36]
We've crossed into a weird reality here. Basic fundamentals of firearm discipline dictate that you never point the business end of a firearm at anything your not intending to destroy. Never have I seen a loaded rifle used as a crowd control technique. This is incomprehensible that waving a loaded rifle in an attempt to assert  dominance. I can't tell you that my first reaction when someone points a rifle at me is to defend myself with reckless abandon.

This officer should be immediately stripped of his badge and prosecuted unmercifully. Some of you research gurus need to track down his name and post this despicable excuse for a cop to every social media outlet known to man. We need to put these power hungry morons on full display. I've seen allot of crap during these protests, but this is without a doubt the must clear case of a cop crossing the line I've seen. Moreover is he actually going to engage an unarmed person with an AR? Does he know that bullet will continue to travel and potentially kill someone in addition to his primary target?

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:25:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Be cause he was scared shitless and obviously picked the wrong profession.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:26:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Good job officer gofuckyourself... Way to be calm in that situation.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:27:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
We've crossed into a weird reality here. Basic fundamentals of firearm discipline dictate that you never point the business end of a firearm at anything your not intending to destroy. Never have I seen a loaded rifle used as a crowd control technique. This is incomprehensible that waving a loaded rifle in an attempt to assert  dominance. I can't tell you that my first reaction when someone points a rifle at me is to defend myself with reckless abandon.

This officer should be immediately stripped of his badge and prosecuted unmercifully. Some of you research gurus need to track down his name and post this despicable excuse for a cop to every social media outlet known to man. We need to put these power hungry morons on full display. I've seen allot of crap during these protests, but this is without a doubt the must clear case of a cop crossing the line I've seen. Moreover is he actually going to engage an unarmed person with an AR? Does he know that bullet will continue to travel and potentially kill someone in addition to his primary target?

View Quote

Ferguson doesn't list any Go Fuckyourself as an officer.

Any suggestion on how to proceed?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:29:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I don't even understand what your position actually is.  Is a journalist suddenly not a journalist and instead a rioter because they are reporting from a riot?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I?

yall motherfuckers are splitting tiny little ball hairs.

It doesn't matter WHO he was pointing it at. The point is he is a police officer which should be held to a higher standard patrolling an already fragile event pointing a loaded gun at unarmed people who are not being threatening in any way what so ever saying he will fucking kill them.  You even hear the other cop yell at him point your fucking rifle down what the fuck is wrong with you.  The guy needs fired immediately. If you can't handle a little stress in a job that is 99% stressful 100% of the time without threatening to kill people for no reason with a loaded gun you don't need to be doing that job period.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:30:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Start posting the video, asking if people recognize him to post his name. Eventually someone will come forward.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

there was a line at Dunkin' Donuts
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:31:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because he's the epitome of a pencil dicked pussy.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:32:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I?

Is everything on the internet suddenly true?
Would you like to buy a used car? It was owned by a little old lady who only drove it to church on Sundays.

Possibly you'd like to buy the Batmobile. I can get you a really good deal on it. Send me $1,500,000 in cash and I'll ship it to you. You should believe me because you believe anything that anyone tells you.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Officer go fuck your self had a nice chicken wing.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:32:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It doesn't matter WHO he was pointing it at. The point is he is a police officer which should be held to a higher standard patrolling an already fragile event pointing a loaded gun at unarmed people who are not being threatening in any way what so ever saying he will fucking kill them.  You even hear the other cop yell at him point your fucking rifle down what the fuck is wrong with you.  The guy needs fired immediately. If you can't handle a little stress in a job that is 99% stressful 100% of the time without threatening to kill people for no reason with a loaded gun you don't need to be doing that job period.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I?

I wouldn't get too excited. That rifle was obviously modified to only fire these:

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:32:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because he can, and he knows the chances of any consequences are slim to none.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:32:45 AM EDT
[#48]
also do we know if it was loaded with these? I am going to assume no since he said kill. And those rubber bullets just tickle people into compliance.

Damn beat by :10
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:33:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Does he know that bullet will continue to travel and potentially kill someone in addition to his primary target?
View Quote

that's the risk the people accepted by standing downrange of the officer.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1657258_Innocent_woman_killed_by_officer_s_stray_bullet_in_downtown_Orlando.html

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:33:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Again, I apologize for such shitty linkage and general lack of posting skills. No, not a troll at all. This nastiness in Missouri has been really bothering me. I have family not too far from there, and it sucks. Its like this latest incident took every hot button issue and combined them into one huge ball of shit. Im one of those federal employees you guys all hate so much, sorta. I am a machinist  (wg10) at the Rock Island Arsenal, and we actually work and get dirty and everything. Seriously though, I'm 57 and I barely recognize this country anymore.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top