Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2014 9:52:44 PM EDT
Richard D. James is a freaky dude

I've never been hugely into IDM as a music style, but the man really does have a genius level of understanding of music. Even if he directs that in odd ways. He's what would happen if Mozart was a narcissistic pervert who just really, really liked trolling people.

Doesn't really have any lyrics to speak of but the videos are creepy and NSFW to a surprising degree.

Windowlicker

Come to Daddy
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:54:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I love Aphex Twin. I don't really know anyone else that does. Maybe what's his name w/ the Richard D. James avatar. Ny cop I forget his screen name.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:55:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember jamming out pretty hard to Bucephalus Bouncing Ball while killing folks in Counter Strike back in the day...
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:56:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love Aphex Twin. I don't really know anyone else that does. Maybe what's his name w/ the Richard D. James avatar. Ny cop I forget his screen name.
View Quote

Extorris.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:57:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Extorris.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Extorris.
Yeah. Seems like a good dude. How the hell would I know

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:02:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:07:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:14:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I heard windowlicker for the first time in like 99 or 2000, streaming over dialup.  I finally saw the video for it in like 2008, and its a very strange vid, lol.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:24:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I heard windowlicker for the first time in like 99 or 2000, streaming over dialup.  I finally saw the video for it in like 2008, and its a very strange vid, lol.
View Quote

Slow your motherfuckin roll...
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 11:03:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn, but you picked some weird examples to post in GD.  Shoulda posted something from Selected Ambient Works.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 11:34:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Likewise.

selected ambient works was one of my first downloads in 95 or 96.  Glad to hear he's still putting out new stuff.

I didn't know this at the time, but I'd gotten a crappy rip of Caustic Window too. It was labeled as a Moby album though for some reason.

Is he DJ Hi Tek?
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:17:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Damn, but you picked some weird examples to post in GD.  Shoulda posted something from Selected Ambient Works.
View Quote

I figured GD wouldn't watch it unless it was an actual video, and not many of his songs have those.

Besides, those two songs were my introduction to Aphex Twin and I'm nostalgic like that.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:24:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Wow, I'm shocked anyone on ARFcom knows who Aphex Twin is.  Nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top