Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 258
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:55:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If he stays healthy, he might be a game changing player.

He might be the new prototype college football QB. He certainly brings a totally new dynamic to the game.

TD OSU to boot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OSU's QB is a tough kid.

If he stays healthy, he might be a game changing player.

He might be the new prototype college football QB. He certainly brings a totally new dynamic to the game.

TD OSU to boot.

I don't think he is a new prototype, I think he is more of an NFL style.  Great arm and he can throw from the pocket.  If he doesn't see anything, he will reluctantly run it.  If he has the first down, he will hook slide to avoid the hit and he will push hard to make a 1st.  I think he will do well playing on Sundays.  There are a lot of college QB's that do a lot of running with the ball, but their throwing skills are decent, but not great.  When they go to the next level, the defensive guys are too fast and hit too hard for that to work, for example, Tim Tebow.  He was great in college, but not so much in the NFL.  If you look at QB's like Peyton Manning, Arron Rodgers, Tom Brady, they look more like C. Jones, or rather, he looks like them.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:00:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm not sure OSU has ever stayed #1 all year then won the championship.  Make someone else the favorite
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ohio State early favorite in 2015

A day after winning the first College Football Playoff, Ohio State was anointed the favorite to win next year's national title in Las Vegas.

The Westgate SuperBook on Tuesday installed the Buckeyes as 9-2 favorites to win the 2016 College Football Playoff. TCU is next at 7-1, followed by Alabama at 8-1.

Other notables include USC at 12-1, Oklahoma at 12-1, Oregon at 20-1 and Jim Harbaugh's Michigan at 100-1.

"Harbaugh's coaching made Michigan way, way lower," Ed Salmons, SuperBook head football oddsmaker, said. "I would have had them at 300-1, if he weren't there."

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/12161738/ohio-state-buckeyes-installed-early-favorite-repeat-national-champions-2015

I'm not sure OSU has ever stayed #1 all year then won the championship.  Make someone else the favorite

No shit #1 to OSU is the kiss of death make someone else #1

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:29:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A day after winning the first College Football Playoff, Ohio State was anointed the favorite to win next year's national title in Las Vegas.
The Westgate SuperBook on Tuesday installed the Buckeyes as 9-2 favorites to win the 2016 College Football Playoff. TCU is next at 7-1, followed by Alabama at 8-1.
Other notables include USC at 12-1, Oklahoma at 12-1, Oregon at 20-1 and Jim Harbaugh's Michigan at 100-1.
"Harbaugh's coaching made Michigan way, way lower," Ed Salmons, SuperBook head football oddsmaker, said. "I would have had them at 300-1, if he weren't there."

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/12161738/ohio-state-buckeyes-installed-early-favorite-repeat-national-champions-2015

Has anyone ever (in the BCS era or before) started #1 and ended there, let along stay there the entire season?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:39:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Has anyone ever (in the BCS era or before) started #1 and ended there, let along stay there the entire season?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

USC 2004 & FSU 1999

Both Start to finish in AP

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:42:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Iirc OSU was there in 2006-7 from the first snap to the last one....then the final poll cane out.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:44:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:45:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Iirc OSU was there in 2006-7 from the first snap to the last one....then the final poll cane out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So .. no

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:06:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

USC went from #1 to unranked a few years ago.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:54:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's posted above ...

USC 2004 & FSU 1999

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 1:31:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Cardale Jones

@CJ12_

· 13 minutes ago

Life changing decision at 3pm

View Quote

he's entering the draft
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

he's entering the draft
View All Quotes
Quoted:
     Cardale Jones              @CJ12_                     · 13 minutes ago                                            Life changing decision at 3pm

he's entering the draft

I would if I was him. Strike while the iron's hot. Who knows what could happen next year at the OSU QB spot.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I would if I was him. Strike while the iron's hot. Who knows what could happen next year at the OSU QB spot.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cardale Jones              @CJ12_                     ·  13 minutes ago                                            Life changing decision at 3pm

he's entering the draft

Yeah,  can't blame the guy at all.

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:55:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

he's entering the draft
View All Quotes
Quoted:
     Cardale Jones              @CJ12_                     · 13 minutes ago                                            Life changing decision at 3pm

he's entering the draft

He was quoted the other day as saying he felt he wasn't ready.
Probably changed his mind when his phone rang with an agent saying he could get him 8 million.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:58:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Probably changed his mind when his phone rang with an agent saying he could get him 8 million.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cardale Jones              @CJ12_                     ·  13 minutes ago                                            Life changing decision at 3pm

he's entering the draft

I could get ready for a lot of thing for $8Mil

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:05:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

he's entering the draft

He isn't ready. Hard to say no to all the money he might make though. I wish him nothing but the best of luck if he does go pro.

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:16:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh man, don't remind me about that debacle.

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:18:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
He isn't ready. Hard to say no to all the money he might make though. I wish him nothing but the best of luck if he does go pro.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

he's entering the draft

How high is he expected to go? He's played well for the 3 games or whatever he's played. Not sure I'd write too big of a check based on that. I'm sure sponsors are making offers.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:34:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

he's entering the draft

I always hear people talk about football players giving up on their education. I'd like to remind people that OSU's scholarships are "for life" so that if a player is injured or leaves for the draft they can always finish their education. There are always players that were a bust or retired coming back to finish their degrees. They'll also do them in the off-season.

I don't want Jones to go but it's probably his best option. He can finish his degree whenever.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:38:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
SNIP

I always hear people talk about football players giving up on their education. I'd like to remind people that OSU's scholarships are "for life" so that if a player is injured or leaves for the draft they can always finish their education. There are always players that were a bust or retired coming back to finish their degrees. They'll also do them in the off-season.

I don't want Jones to go but it's probably his best option. He can finish his degree whenever.
View Quote

Him, not likely

Monk
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:47:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
How high is he expected to go? He's played well for the 3 games or whatever he's played. Not sure I'd write too big of a check based on that. I'm sure sponsors are making offers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

he's entering the draft

I understand what you are saying about it only being 3 games.  Keep in mind they were:

-  big10 Championship Game

- College football Semi-final Playoff Game

- National Championship Game.

The guy has talent and size and played great when in the National Spotlight (ie under pressure.)  I'd take him over Jamesis Winston.

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:12:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks like Cardale pushed his announcement back to 4pm EST
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#22]
I hope he goes pro.

OSU is LOADED at QB, not just with Barrett and Miller.
Cardale needs work. As an NFL backup hell learn what he needs to complement his cannon arm.

He isn't ideal for Meyers offense (Tressel pro style passer recruit). He has a little girl to take care of etc etc. It doesn't hurt OSU unless both qbs go down next year and we're so damn proud of him we don't want to see him go undrafted in 2017 because he never played and people dont remember.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Mel Kiper on Cardale Jones: "No worse than four, possibly the second round."
View Quote

he also has a new family to worry about too with a new 2 month old daughter
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:02:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:06:29 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Looks like a high school, figured he'd make the announcement at tOSU
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

he's at Glenville High School in Cleveland, his hometown

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:08:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Him, not likely

http://i.imgur.com/dFY0U.png

Monk
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SNIP

Him, not likely

http://i.imgur.com/dFY0U.png

Monk

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:13:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Soooo glad he didn't go to OSU to play school.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:17:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Staying in school.  Wonder why he needed a press conference for that?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:25:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm holding a press conference here in about 5 minutes to let everyone here at work know that I'm coming back to work tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:25:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I understand what you are saying about it only being 3 games.  Keep in mind they were:

The guy has talent and size and played great when in the National Spotlight (ie under pressure.)  I'd take him over Jamesis Winston.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No doubt they were huge games and an amazing performance but it's still a minimal audition to see how he performs on a full season schedule.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:26:53 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote
This is what I'd do.  Can you imagine how awesome it would be to return to campus after having been a successful NFL quarterback?  You'd be swimming in pie, and all the current players would look at you like a god.  

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:27:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Build the brand.
Get in front of the camera at every opportunitity.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Build the brand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Build the brand.

From what I'm reading it was the idea of Ted Ginn Sr. as a way to encourage the youths to stay in school.

Good for him. It's going to be a hell of a QB competition in 2015, unless someone is going somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Build the brand.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Build the brand.

Pretty much this.  Started with the Boz and players have been doing it ever since.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:37:30 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's posted above ...

USC 2004 & FSU 1999

No.... I meant they lost until they weren't even ranked. When Lane was the coach. LOL.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:55:08 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

That's posted above ...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's posted above ...

USC 2004 & FSU 1999

No.... I meant they lost until they weren't even ranked. When Lane was the coach. LOL.
my bad

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:03:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Build the brand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Build the brand.

Media demands a press conference so they can ask why he needs a press conference.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:30:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe to send a message and try to be a role model. Maybe I'm grasping at straws here but to me he said my education is more important than the money I would make next year in the NFL. I hope that's the case and he doesn't get into trouble like so many of today's athleats.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:38:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Maybe to send a message and try to be a role model. Maybe I'm grasping at straws here but to me he said my education is more important than the money I would make next year in the NFL. I hope that's the case and he doesn't get into trouble like so many of today's athleats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't this the "we ain't come here to play school" guy?

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:55:26 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

he tweeted that when he got a B+ on a Sociology Exam

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes
Maybe papa Urban had a come to Jesus meeting with him and he has realized the errors of his ways.
At least it would be nice to think so.
I don't think I could handle another crab leg stealing, fuck her right in the pusssy QB for the reigning national champion.
It would be refreshing to see someone who could be called a role model for the countless thousands of kids that look up to that guy.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:11:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This is what I'd do.  Can you imagine how awesome it would be to return to campus after having been a successful NFL quarterback?  You'd be swimming in pie, and all the current players would look at you like a god.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:23:15 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Mel Kiper on Cardale Jones: "No worse than four, possibly the second round."

Does anyone care what that douche bag says? I can't stand Mel Kiper.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/209/408/hi-res-8aafd0e384383ee2870ee4a14eb99e7f_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

LOL
He said SUCCESSFUL
key word
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Coaching changes continue...Texas A&M has hired Virginia Tech's WR Coach Aaron Moorehead for the same job.  Supposed to be a good recruiter, won a Super Bowl with Peyton at the Colts as a player.

I don't remember VTs offense being all that great this year...off to YouTube to see how many balls his receivers dropped.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:26:10 PM EDT
[#47]

5-star TE Chris Clark: Jim Harbaugh's 'the best coach I think I've sat down with'

I personally think Harbaugh will prove to be a better coach than Urban Meyer and will also have a better overall coaching staff. The dude is building a CFB dream team coaching staff, besides just the fact that he is considered by alot around the country as a top 5 coach at all levels.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:23:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

5-star TE Chris Clark: Jim Harbaugh's 'the best coach I think I've sat down with'

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/01/5-star_te_chris_clark_jim_harb_1.html

I personally think Harbaugh will prove to be a better coach than Urban Meyer and will also have a better overall coaching staff. The dude is building a CFB dream team coaching staff, besides just the fact that he is considered by alot around the country as a top 5 coach at all levels.
View Quote

That's cute. Get back to us after he's able to hoist a couple of these. Just a reminder, it's 6:24pm on January 19, 2015 and Michigan still sucks.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:28:23 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
That's cute. Get back to us after he's able to hoist a couple of these. Just a reminder, it's 6:24pm on January 19, 2015 and Michigan still sucks.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15164380/sports_5_takeaways-511x360.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/01/5-star_te_chris_clark_jim_harb_1.html

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15164380/sports_5_takeaways-511x360.jpg

It's going to be fun kicking OSU ass again.
Page / 258
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top