Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 258
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:36:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Ohio State doesnt just beat, they obliterated #1 Alabama and #2 Oregon? With a fucking 3rd string QB and with 4 or more turnovers vs Oregon. I must say Urban Meyer has now become the best coach in CFB, in my book.

This game could have been 60-10 without the TOs.

No controversy at all. Ohio state is the best team in the nation.

ETA: maybe the national media can stop acting like only the best FB players grow up in the South.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:30:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Final AP Poll of 2014 Season

1 Ohio State (59) 14-1 1475
2 Oregon 13-2 1402
3 TCU 12-1 1349
4 Alabama 12-2 1297
5 Michigan State 11-2 1212
5 Florida State 13-1 1212
7 Baylor 11-2 1098
8 Georgia Tech 11-3 1071
9 Georgia 10-3 925
10 UCLA 10-3 908
11 Mississippi State 10-3 767
12 Arizona State 10-3 756
13 Wisconsin 11-3 724
14 Missouri 11-3 710
15 Clemson 10-3 683
16 Boise State 12-2 653
17 Ole Miss 9-4 543
18 Kansas State 9-4 509
19 Arizona 10-4 499
20 USC 9-4 315
21 Utah 9-4 302
22 Auburn 8-5 216
23 Marshall 13-1 161
24 Louisville 9-4 116
25 Memphis 10-3 94
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:45:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Final AP Poll of 2014 Season

1 Ohio State (59) 14-1 1475

2 Oregon 13-2 1402

3 TCU 12-1 1349

4 Alabama 12-2 1297

5 Michigan State 11-2 1212

5 Florida State 13-1 1212

7 Baylor 11-2 1098

8 Georgia Tech 11-3 1071

9 Georgia 10-3 925

10 UCLA 10-3 908

11 Mississippi State 10-3 767

12 Arizona State 10-3 756

13 Wisconsin 11-3 724

14 Missouri 11-3 710

15 Clemson 10-3 683

16 Boise State 12-2 653

17 Ole Miss 9-4 543

18 Kansas State 9-4 509

19 Arizona 10-4 499

20 USC 9-4 315

21 Utah 9-4 302

22 Auburn 8-5 216

23 Marshall 13-1 161

24 Louisville 9-4 116

25 Memphis 10-3 94

View Quote

The poll is interesting but irrelevant.  All that really matters is ...

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:56:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well there is no doubt as to who the best team in the country was.

This is probably just one of the many times the best team in the country wasn't ranked 1 or 2 and didn't get to prove it.

The first year of the new playoff could not have ended better with the last place seed dominating their opponents.

Congrats to all the Buckeyes out there.

View Quote

Agreed.  Expand the playoffs.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
OregontOSU: 40 something
tOSUOregon: 20 something
View Quote

FIFY

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:27:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My prediction... Oregon wins and everyone outside the SEC remains hung up on the SEC.
View Quote

My prediction... Despite on the field results exposing the SEC nut-hugging as unwarranted, ESPN swings from the SEC's ballsack all of next season.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:44:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Ohio State doesnt just beat, they obliterated #1 Alabama and #2 Oregon? With a fucking 3rd string QB and with 4 or more turnovers vs Oregon. I must say Urban Meyer has now become the best coach in CFB, in my book.

View Quote

ETA: maybe the national media can stop acting like only the best FB players grow up in the South.

Urban has recruited nationally, especially in FLA. And, actually, overwhelmingly the best FB players do grow up in the South. You see that in the Recruiting rankings, Teams constantly in the NC convo, and the NFL draft.

But in reality none of that means anything if you don't have the coaching and support staff to actually develop those players. Which is something that Urban and Ohio State can obviously do, as witnessed by their win last night. The scary part is that next year they'll be even better.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:02:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Urban has recruited nationally, especially in FLA. And, actually, overwhelmingly the best FB players do grow up in the South. You see that in the Recruiting rankings, Teams constantly in the NC convo, and the NFL draft.

But in reality none of that means anything if you don't have the coaching and support staff to actually develop those players. Which is something that Urban and Ohio State can obviously do, as witnessed by their win last night. The scary part is that next year they'll be even better.

Look at OSU's class and you'll most from midwest region.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:10:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have to recruit nationally to be competitive nationally, but OSU's strength is being able to gobble up MOST of the Ohio talent, it gives them a great base to work with.

The geographic midpoint of OSU recruits is 70 miles southwest of Columbus.  (near Mt Orab Ohio)
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:13:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:13:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Many of the SEC fans were absent in here tonight and where in the hell did Naked Gunman ever disappear to?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe, one day, the SEC will be able to compete with the tradition of the B1G.  

Many of the SEC fans were absent in here tonight and where in the hell did Naked Gunman ever disappear to?

Can't we all just be thankful the Noles dissappeared?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:33:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think OSU is a better option?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:47:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Ya'll had me curious....OSU team is

61.68% Ohio
16.82% Confederate States
16.82% Other Northern States
1.87% Border states (KY kicker, and one ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK)
1.87% West of the Mississippi (2 SoCal players)
0.93% Australian punter

Of the guys that get playing time in close games (including injured(Braxton Miller, Dontre Wilson, JT Barrett) /DQ'd guys (Noah Spence)...

18 Ohioans
7 Southerners
1 Ezekiel Elliott
5 Other northerners
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:53:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ya'll had me curious....OSU team is

61.68% Ohio
16.82% Confederate States
16.82% Other Northern States
1.87% Border states (KY kicker, and one ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK)
1.87% West of the Mississippi (2 SoCal players)
0.93% Australian punter

Of the guys that get playing time in close games (including injured(Braxton Miller, Dontre Wilson, JT Barrett) /DQ'd guys (Noah Spence)...

18 Ohioans
7 Southerners
1 Ezekiel Elliott
5 Liberal gun ban staters
View Quote

It does make me happy knowing fellow pointy flaggers take care of business. Just wish they'd wear blue.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:54:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

My prediction... Despite on the field results exposing the SEC nut-hugging as unwarranted, ESPN swings from the SEC's ballsack all of next season.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My prediction... Oregon wins and everyone outside the SEC remains hung up on the SEC.

Because we have the only Ballsacks big enough to swing from.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#16]
My prediction.  ESPN forces tOSU to move to the SEC to re-establish SEC dominance.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:01:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It does make me happy knowing fellow pointy flaggers take care of business. Just wish they'd wear blue.
View Quote

You take that back!
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only Nole I haven't seen around lately is Naked.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Still here, counting down to next year. Outcome for next year is bleak, but I'd be happy with just beating down UF and UM.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:15:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Too soon to start picking the 4 playoff team for 2016 season?

Monk
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:17:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My prediction.  ESPN forces tOSU to move to the SEC to re-establish SEC dominance.  
View Quote

It's funny how its a "Big Ten - SEC team"....funny how Arky isn't an SEC- Big Ten team though...
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

Noles fans went from nearly a decade of shit to the cream of the crop in one season and didn't know how to handle it. Hence, #FSUTwitter was born.

OSU has been good for quite some time, so that institutional knowledge of what its like to be successful still exists. Hence, OSU fans aren't nearly as insufferable. Generally.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:32:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

OSU has been good for quite some time, so that institutional knowledge of what its like to be successful still exists. Hence, OSU fans aren't nearly as insufferable. Generally.
View Quote
I see you've never met any tOSU fans.  

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:33:14 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
It's funny how its a "Big Ten - SEC team"....funny how Arky isn't an SEC- Big Ten team though...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Since Oklahoma beat Alabama last year, does that make them a Big 12 SEC team?  

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

OSU beat Alabama fair and square, but obliterated?   Bama was still in that game at the end.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FSU had a great season, and nothing to be ashamed of. The ducks showed last night they are great and getting turnovers. And if the Noles didn't turn it over 5 times against the Ducks they probably would have won.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:43:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Who's number one in drunk idiot students and dumpster fired this morning ?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:47:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Monk
View Quote

2 teams I would have to think are going to be up there are TCU and Ohio State based on the players returning.
TCU has 10 of their top offensive players returning from what I heard.
Announcer last night said Ohio State is composed of 60% Freshman & Sophs in key roles.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:08:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, and that's the only reason they won.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:10:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

OSU beat Alabama fair and square, but obliterated?   Bama was still in that game at the end.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, it was a very close game.  If I have to hold my breath for the last play there was no "obliterating"...given the predictions though, OSU did "obliterate" the "experts"...
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:17:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

2 teams I would have to think are going to be up there are TCU and Ohio State based on the players returning.
Announcer last night said Ohio State is composed of 60% Freshman & Sophs in key roles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Monk

I would definitely have OSU and TCU in there right now. They'll work in at least one SEC team so I'm assuming bama will probably be there too.

For the final spot who knows. Probably someone like USC or Clemson.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:18:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Monk

OSU loses basically 7 of 22 starters but at least 4 of them already rotate downs with guys who will be there next year.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:58:38 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No, your right, I was probably thinking that Oregon crushed FSU and then OSU crushed Oregon.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:10:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

41-14. I know all about them.

#FSUTwitter is so much worse.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:42:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you put that fire out yet in Gainesville?

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 4:11:59 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Never seen someone proud of blue balls.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

No, your right, I was probably thinking that Oregon crushed FSU and then OSU crushed Oregon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair enough!  Helluva a team, the Buckeyes.  I think Urban Meyer is a great coach, but I'll have to admit I thought they'd still be a year or so out from contending again.  This, in my opinion, is an example of what makes college football a great sport.  A group of kids can get a chip on their shoulder and show everyone they can beat the odds and reach the top of their sport.  Congratulations on your championship and hope to get a rematch next year!
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:12:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Ohio State early favorite in 2015

A day after winning the first College Football Playoff, Ohio State was anointed the favorite to win next year's national title in Las Vegas.
The Westgate SuperBook on Tuesday installed the Buckeyes as 9-2 favorites to win the 2016 College Football Playoff. TCU is next at 7-1, followed by Alabama at 8-1.
Other notables include USC at 12-1, Oklahoma at 12-1, Oregon at 20-1 and Jim Harbaugh's Michigan at 100-1.
"Harbaugh's coaching made Michigan way, way lower," Ed Salmons, SuperBook head football oddsmaker, said. "I would have had them at 300-1, if he weren't there."

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/12161738/ohio-state-buckeyes-installed-early-favorite-repeat-national-champions-2015
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:26:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

A day after winning the first College Football Playoff, Ohio State was anointed the favorite to win next year's national title in Las Vegas.
The Westgate SuperBook on Tuesday installed the Buckeyes as 9-2 favorites to win the 2016 College Football Playoff. TCU is next at 7-1, followed by Alabama at 8-1.
Other notables include USC at 12-1, Oklahoma at 12-1, Oregon at 20-1 and Jim Harbaugh's Michigan at 100-1.
"Harbaugh's coaching made Michigan way, way lower," Ed Salmons, SuperBook head football oddsmaker, said. "I would have had them at 300-1, if he weren't there."

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/12161738/ohio-state-buckeyes-installed-early-favorite-repeat-national-champions-2015
View Quote

I'm not sure OSU has ever stayed #1 all year then won the championship.  Make someone else the favorite
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:32:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep...

"Ohio State football fans took to the streets after their team's championship victory early Tuesday, yelling and screaming in delight, setting nearly 90 fires and tearing down an Ohio Stadium goal post. Police made a handful of arrests after using tear gas and pepper spray to disperse crowds of Ohio State University students and other fans following the Buckeyes' win."
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:39:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 8:50:35 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote

I am predicting a repeat of 1969
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From your lips to God's ears.

And it wouldn't really surprise me.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:35:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One thing that Meyer did when he got to osu was to poach commits from other B10 schools.  Which upset more than a few of the coaches,  as they had a "gentleman's agreement" that they wouldn't do that.  I bet most of them do it now.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:04:25 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Complete w/heart attack?

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Hey look, ALABAMA's #1 !!!

(But not exactly in the way I had hoped we would be, of course. )

View Quote

The SEC in general is TOP in the country in MANY things.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:38:23 PM EDT
[#48]
I am surprised that the AP didn't put TCU at #2. The Frogs beat more top 10 or ranked teams than just about everybody, and usually by large margins. No disrespect to Oregon, just disagree.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 5:24:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yep...

"Ohio State football fans took to the streets after their team's championship victory early Tuesday, yelling and screaming in delight, setting nearly 90 fires and tearing down an Ohio Stadium goal post. Police made a handful of arrests after using tear gas and pepper spray to disperse crowds of Ohio State University students and other fans following the Buckeyes' win."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep...

Meh. Dumpster fires. Not smart but at least OSU fans didn't celebrate by sexually assaulting anyone.

Lookin at you bama.
Page / 258
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top