Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 258
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's going to be fun kicking OSU ass again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

5-star TE Chris Clark: Jim Harbaugh's 'the best coach I think I've sat down with'

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/01/5-star_te_chris_clark_jim_harb_1.html

I personally think Harbaugh will prove to be a better coach than Urban Meyer and will also have a better overall coaching staff. The dude is building a CFB dream team coaching staff, besides just the fact that he is considered by alot around the country as a top 5 coach at all levels.

That's cute. Get back to us after he's able to hoist a couple of these. Just a reminder, it's 6:24pm on January 19, 2015 and Michigan still sucks.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15164380/sports_5_takeaways-511x360.jpg

That's what I heard after Rich R. and Hoke were hired too.  What happened there?  

This time will be different though right?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:44:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
That's what I heard after Rich R. and Hoke were hired too.  What happened there?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

5-star TE Chris Clark: Jim Harbaugh's 'the best coach I think I've sat down with'

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/01/5-star_te_chris_clark_jim_harb_1.html
I personally think Harbaugh will prove to be a better coach than Urban Meyer and will also have a better overall coaching staff. The dude is building a CFB dream team coaching staff, besides just the fact that he is considered by alot around the country as a top 5 coach at all levels.

That's cute. Get back to us after he's able to hoist a couple of these. Just a reminder, it's 6:24pm on January 19, 2015 and Michigan still sucks.

Absolutely. Neither of those Coaches went to a school like Stanford with it's very high academic standards and limited recruiting vs USC, Oregon, Washington, ect ect. And then come out and beat USC which was a freaking powerhouse under Pete Carroll and beat him like 3 years in a row with a much smaller profile program.

Oregon? With having the best offense in the country, we beat them all the time, having just a week to prepare for the game.

Or taking San Fran and basically turning around Alex Smith's career which was headed for the gutter, and taking them to 2 NFC appearances and 1 Superbowl.

Hell yeah he's going to make a difference at Michigan with it's ability to recruit anywhere. He's going to be a force in the Big 10.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:48:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Hell yeah he's going to make a difference at Michigan with it's ability to recruit anywhere. He's going to be a force in the Big 10.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again when have I heard that before.  Oh yeah, 2008, and 2011.  

I give him a couple years of losing to OSU and then he'll bolt back to the NFL.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:51:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote

Keep on thinking EVERY situation is the same and that the same outcome will always happen.

Keep on thinking your Buckeyes are invincible just like everyone did prior to the start of the 1969 season.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Keep on thinking EVERY situation is the same and that the same outcome will always happen.

Keep on thinking your Buckeyes are invincible just like everyone did prior to the start of the 1969 season.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never said they were invincible.  In fact I am willing to bet money they will have some close games next year, possibly even lose one.  The path to repeat is difficult to do.  

As far as Michigan goes though.  I'll believe the change when I see it.  I have heard the same old story over and over of how this time will be different.  When your beloved Michigan starts beating a few more FCS teams regularly,  lets talk.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:32:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They need to at least start being competitive.  I think OSU has been interviewing Michigan State to replace Michigan as a rival.    Seriously, you can't have a decent rivalry if one side sucks really bad and the other side wins national championships.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:48:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They need to at least start being competitive.  I think OSU has been interviewing Michigan State to replace Michigan as a rival.    Seriously, you can't have a decent rivalry if one side sucks really bad and the other side wins national championships.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its going to be fun ruining good Michigan seasons. I remember the 90s...Michigan shit on my childhood.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:19:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 12:34:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The John Cooper years 10-2-1

1991 Desmond Howard HELLO Heisman
1993 osu looking for a Big 10 title
1995 #2 osu vs #21 UofM Biakabutuka ran for 300+ yards
1997 osu chance for some revenge

I was at those games in Ann Arbor

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its going to be fun ruining good Michigan seasons. I remember the 90s...Michigan shit on my childhood.

How many games as Michigan won since 2001?  One, one game in 13 years.  You will need to do better to be worthy of being OSU's rival.  MSU has consistently been the better team for a while now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 1:06:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 2:33:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FUCK John Cooper

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:45:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Infantry26 was saying how UofM shit on his childhood in the 90s and I commented on how I saw much of it in the Big House but if you want to try and brag you should get your facts straight and learn how to count.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many games as Michigan won since 2001?  One, one game in 13 years.  You will need to do better to be worthy of being OSU's rival.  MSU has consistently been the better team for a while now.

Infantry26 was saying how UofM shit on his childhood in the 90s and I commented on how I saw much of it in the Big House but if you want to try and brag you should get your facts straight and learn how to count.

For some reason I was thinking 10 years are writing 13.  Opps.  Not actually bragging, just saying to keep a good rivalry alive, one side can't dominate the other for a long period of time.  OSU from 1976 -2000 was barely holding up its end of the bargain.  I am torn between hating Jim Harbaugh and wanting Michigan to at least do well enough to keep thing going.  

U of Illinois Aumni, but spent some formative years in Ohio, so Illini*, Buckeyes, who ever is playing Michigan.  

*yeah, I know, sad and pathetic as far as football goes.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:55:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Illinois fan eh?  1993? you guys were in Ann Arbor and changed pants after warm ups and won the game.  That was another game I was at.

In my lifetime for The Game, osu holds a 4 game margin in the Win V Loss (and I counted the vacated 2010 win)  

Harbaugh and Meyer could be the start of a new Ten Year War.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For some reason I was thinking 10 years are writing 13.  Opps.  Not actually bragging, just saying to keep a good rivalry alive, one side can't dominate the other for a long period of time.  OSU from 1976 -2000 was barely holding up its end of the bargain.  I am torn between hating Jim Harbaugh and wanting Michigan to at least do well enough to keep thing going.  

U of Illinois Aumni, but spent some formative years in Ohio, so Illini*, Buckeyes, who ever is playing Michigan.  

Illinois fan eh?  1993? you guys were in Ann Arbor and changed pants after warm ups and won the game.  That was another game I was at.

In my lifetime for The Game, osu holds a 4 game margin in the Win V Loss (and I counted the vacated 2010 win)  

All OSU and Michigan fans will get a kick out of this.  Illinois considers OSU a rival in football. There is a wooden turtle called the Illibuck trophy that many at the U of I take seriously.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illibuck_Trophy
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:13:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From your lips to God's ear.

As a Buckeye alum and fan I welcome the return of competitive rivalry.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:12:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Kiffin staying at Bama!
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Kiffin staying at Bama!
View Quote

A year from now you'll be asking why couldn't that fucker have left!
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:13:43 PM EDT
[#18]
had a decent turnout at the National Championship Celebration

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:10:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Next year is gonna be soooo fuckin' awesome. Hurry up September.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:00:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15164380/qbs.png
View Quote

Maybe I'll get my PMags by then.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:28:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

You guys have an absolute embarrassment of riches at QB for sure. Should be interesting to see how that pans out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I admit, during the Brown era, I didn't pay any attention to recruiting.

He always got Texas' best and that was good enough for me.

This year with so many holes EVERYWHERE, I have really paid attention.

Does Texas have the ability to pull off what it looks like it is about to do? Take Murray from A&M and let the dominoes that fall and carry Daylon Mack and 4 or 5 others, along with the kid from Baton Rouge that was committed to LSU but is leaning to Texas, all the way to The Forty Acres?

Taking Murray from A&M because his Dad, former A&M great, didn't feel comfortable with Sumlin's control on his team and wanted his boy at a place with someone like Strong.

That would shut up all of those people who said college kids wouldn't want to go play for a coach like that.

Anyway, is this possible? Is there any history for stuff like this happening? Isn't it usually cut and dried by now except for just a few?
View Quote

Obviously I don't care for texas, but I hope you guys have a monster recruiting class for OU to beat!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:33:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You guys have an absolute embarrassment of riches at QB for sure. Should be interesting to see how that pans out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The entire offense loses only 1 guy that didn't share a lot of meaningful playing time with somebody who will be there next year (right tackle).
The defense will have to replace 3 guys that didn't rotate regularly with others this year (tackle, end, cornerback)
It's very rare to do the rank 1 to rank 1 thing but I'm not sure on paper, next year's team is scary good.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:50:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The entire offense loses only 1 guy that didn't share a lot of meaningful playing time with somebody who will be there next year (right tackle).
The defense will have to replace 3 guys that didn't rotate regularly with others this year (tackle, end, cornerback)
It's very rare to do the rank 1 to rank 1 thing but I'm not sure on paper, next year's team is scary good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Schedule is a bit of a cake walk as well.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:23:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:50:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 6:03:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I read an article earlier about Texas' ranking.

If they get Kyler Murray, 4 or 5 others would likely follow him and Texas would end up with the number 2 class.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Texas-could-finish-with-nations-No-2-recruiting-class-35102541
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
  Obviously I don't care for texas, but I hope you guys have a monster recruiting class for OU to beat!

I read an article earlier about Texas' ranking.

If they get Kyler Murray, 4 or 5 others would likely follow him and Texas would end up with the number 2 class.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Texas-could-finish-with-nations-No-2-recruiting-class-35102541

The texags meltdown would be biblical.

I'm more worried about Kyler going to play baseball.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:20:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Kyler Murray are belong to us.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:28:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Those poor fools that take Chip Brown types seriously.......

Now lets see if we lose him to the MLB draft or not.  

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 1:37:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 7:47:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This is hilarious.

http://youtu.be/mK910AwAYd4
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is hilarious.

http://youtu.be/mK910AwAYd4

Hearing that one of your CB commits might be wavering.....
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 9:05:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 9:05:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Daylon Mack is busy trolling for attention again..:claiming texas is out of consideration.

At this point I believe nothing until LOI are faxed.

eta:nvm, assumed Mack was on Twitter again.  Apparently rumor is coming from a horn insider.  Makes me even more skeptical of the validity.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:09:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Please not Kris Boyd.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 2:38:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Thee Mack Truck to the good guys

I'm excited to see him and Myles on the field together next season.

The last day of this season feels like a good start to next season
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 2:42:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Thee Mack Truck to the good guys

I'm excited to see him and Myles on the field together next season.

The last day of this season feels like a good start to next season
View Quote

That is going to be an awesome sight.
They can't double team both of them.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 2:56:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Does Texas have the ability to pull off what it looks like it is about to do? Take Murray from A&M and let the dominoes that fall and carry Daylon Mack and 4 or 5 others, along with the kid from Baton Rouge that was committed to LSU but is leaning to Texas, all the way to The Forty Acres?

Taking Murray from A&M because his Dad, former A&M great, didn't feel comfortable with Sumlin's control on his team and wanted his boy at a place with someone like Strong.

That would shut up all of those people who said college kids wouldn't want to go play for a coach like that.

Anyway, is this possible? Is there any history for stuff like this happening? Isn't it usually cut and dried by now except for just a few?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 4:34:24 PM EDT
[#43]
A little something different on National Signing Day

It's not always what you get. Sometimes it's what you do with it.

Interesting research
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Wow.  Auburn raped the Gators.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 8:11:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm impressed with Tennessee's class.

The most interesting thing to me over the last several years is the effect better recruiting and performances from several Texas schools has had on Oklahoma.  A&M, Baylor and TCU have all been improving their "star power" over the last few years in recruiting.  In the meantime, Oklahoma hasn't put together a Top 10 class since 2010.  I don't think the two are unrelated.  Kind of nice to see Texas kids staying here instead of going off to win games in Oklahoma.

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 10:51:38 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, Tennessee's second top 5 recruiting class in a row.

Auburn's class was ranked #12 going into NSD but with the Florida flips it's now ranked #7.

WTF is up with Michigan's lackluster signing day? #40 w/14 players signed?

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 11:06:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Auburn's class was ranked #12 going into NSD but with the Florida flips it's now ranked #7.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Harbaugh has only been there a month. He's going to need a little time to turn it around. Plus they have to recruit kids from a longer distance than the schools in the South were the majority of the talent is making it even more difficult. Lots of kids want to play close to home. With only 14 signed its also a possibility they didn't have that many scholarships to offer this year.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 11:09:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Wow.  Auburn & Muschamp raped the Gators.
View Quote

FIFY

Shows you how much playing for a certain coach means to a lot of kids
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 11:38:20 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
FIFY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow.  Auburn & Muschamp & TRob raped the Gators.

FIFY

FIFU

Auburn has beefed up their recruiters in recent years.

Damien Craig back to AU from FSU

TRob back to AU from FL

Muschamp back to AU from FL

Lance Thompson to AU from bama

Link Posted: 2/17/2015 8:31:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 258
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top