Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:03:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Dang, I had actually come looking for him to ask him something, guess my PM won't work now...

I can nearly throw a rock and hit his house, we're across the marsh from each other and maybe a 3 mile drive even, but never met him FTF, just know his neighborhood.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:04:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Too bad, I liked him. That picture is freakin' classic.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:05:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:10:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You know he's a nice guy and really seems to love the site and seems like he is genuinely apologetic when he gets in trouble  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wanna guess who had 20, yes twenty, warnings or locks? I cannot believe how many times we broke down and let him back on the site. I think he beats out pubboy and 5subslr5 for most locks and warnings.

20? Damn!
You know he's a nice guy and really seems to love the site and seems like he is genuinely apologetic when he gets in trouble  

You know what if that's the case, why even ban him or anyone else for that reason?

I know that you don't want to get labeled as a Hate site and shut down by the government, but don't you find that personally sad and galling that your cowed by the government into being the super semantical word police.

Seriously if you stood up to the Gov I think people would applaud you for it. Those attitudes are not uncommon.

Jesus you could switch the Site motto to "Arfcom, we Hate foreigners and hope they all die" and 99.99% of the membership won't bat an eye.

Why fight so hard for stupid political correctness.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:12:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So just to be clear you think that wishing death on a group of people you dislike is not a legitimate CoC violation?
View Quote

To be clear, I think it's douchebag behavior to cherry pick one sentence out of 4 to use against someone (even douchebag behavior without the intent of doing so is douchebag behavior). Especially considering the context of the entire post, which I would bet money most people in that thread didn't do.

I wouldn't be surprised if most of the people that clicked 'report', did so after the first sentence and without reading the whole thing. Reading comprehension isn't exactly a GD strength.

Now, having said that, Monroe broke the rules (IMO it's arguable that he didn't in this case, but that's my opinion), he had been warned many times. He's taking his licks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:14:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If you need it IM me.

Is there anyone on this forum he doesnt talk to on the phone?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I suspected the hardheaded SOB went and got himself in trouble again. I'll have to dig up his number and give him a call.

If you need it IM me.

LOL thats for sure.. and worse than a woman when he gets on there..  
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:17:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Probably wishing death, but I hear some people are sensitive about their goats around here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just received info he was permabanned for the following statement: HERE

Quoted:
While I hate them, and wish death upon them personally....

I do believe I would find myself aligned with the goat rapers if such a thing were to happen here.

Freedom of religion and such.

Government persecuting a religion never ends well.

Just so I don't make the same mistakes, did he get banned for calling them goat rapers or wishing they all die, or believing in freedom of religion?

Probably wishing death, but I hear some people are sensitive about their goats around here.

TRG

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:17:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

To be clear, I think it's douchebag behavior to cherry pick one sentence out of 4 to use against someone (even douchebag behavior without the intent of doing so is douchebag behavior). Especially considering the context of the entire post, which I would bet money most people in that thread didn't do.

I wouldn't be surprised if most of the people that clicked 'report', did so after the first sentence and without reading the whole thing. Reading comprehension isn't exactly a GD strength.

Now, having said that, Monroe broke the rules (IMO it's arguable that he didn't in this case, but that's my opinion), he had been warned many times. He's taking his licks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So just to be clear you think that wishing death on a group of people you dislike is not a legitimate CoC violation?

The whole quote was posted earlier, no trying to hide the troof from me. Thanks for calling me a douchebag, goes to show your fine comprehension of the rules here.

If I post "Christians are a bunch of filthy cocksucking child molesters, I want to see them all dead." there really is no amount of context or following on statements about how I don't want the .gov to kill them that make that ok.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:18:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Good because I have a lot of warnings
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How many warnings add up to a lock?

My guess is it's a totality of circumstances thing.

Good because I have a lot of warnings

I think I have one warning and one time out
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I suspected the hardheaded SOB went and got himself in trouble again. I'll have to dig up his number and give him a call.

If you need it IM me.

I may or may not have been on the phone with him for 2 hours one night.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:19:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've never had any warnings.  I fully expected one once, but it never came

Probably because while I post a lot, I rarely get fully involved in the heated conversations.

View Quote

I get involved, but when I find myself writing and deleting 4 or 5 times before I can post, I bail
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:20:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I get involved, but when I find myself writing and deleting 4 or 5 times before I can post, I bail
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably because while I post a lot, I rarely get fully involved in the heated conversations.

That just means your a quitter!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:21:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:22:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The whole quote was posted earlier, no trying to hide the troof from me. Thanks for calling me a douchebag, goes to show your fine comprehension of the rules here.

If I post "Christians are a bunch of filthy cocksucking child molesters, I want to see them all dead." there really is no amount of context or following on statements about how I don't want the .gov to kill them that make that ok.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I criticized what you DID, not you. I even added the caveat that it may not have been done with a ill will, but still looked like douchebag behavior.

And thank you so much for proving my point about reading comprehension.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:23:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Well the Catholics didn't.....

oh nevermind.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Nobody is "fighting hard for political correctness"

The Avilas do not want religion bashing OF ANY KIND on ar15.com.  Their house, their rules.  There's no "special" protection of Islam.

Most people are generally able to control themselves when it comes to their personal dislike of Catholics, or Jews or Baptists, or whatever - but some seem simply UNABLE to control themselves when it comes to Islam. . The rules are clear, and if people chose to not follow them, the consequences are theirs to own.

Even though we actually DO allow more shit to be talked about Islam than other religions, and tend to just issue warnings for things that would you get banned if you said it about other religions, the standard still has to be "how would this post sound if it was about Jews or Mormons?"

If someone posted that they hated Jews and wanted them all dead, should we let that slide?  If someone posted that they wished someone would just nuke the Vatican and kill all the Catholics, should it be allowed?  According to the Avilas, the answer is no.
View Quote

Is WBC still open game?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:25:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

well shit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I ever say something stupid and get banned is anyone going to start a thread about me?  

I'm not sure I could sleep at night if you guys didn't

They don't lament the passing of ban-staters.  

well shit

No threads for ban-staters, but if it will make you feel better I will put a sticky note on my monitor for a moment of silence
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:27:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I agree... he promised to behave.  I guess his word isn't worth much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's pretty weak.

I agree... he promised to behave.  I guess his word isn't worth much.

I think you've made the mistake of not realizing what a Batt Boy's defintiton of "behave" is.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:28:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:29:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If you need it IM me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you need it IM me.

Me. But then again, I'm deaf, lol.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:30:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I criticized what you DID, not you. I even added the caveat that it may not have been done with a ill will, but still looked like douchebag behavior.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not an issue of reading comprehension, it's an issue of you trying to be cute and talk shit in such a way as to avoid a timeout. It's transparently obvious, and kind of silly. But coming from the "There's arguably nothing against the CoC to call a religious group goat rapers and wish for their death" guy, that's probably to be expected.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
<snip>
Is WBC still open game?
View Quote
[s]
I had a funny quote about lawyers and ban-flipper, but naw, it's not worth it.
It's often worth remembering, "Lord, please make my words sweet and tender, for tomorrow, I may have to eat them."
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:31:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sure, in the exact same way extremist/jihadist/terrorist muslims are open game.

Saying "man, I wish all those WBC assholes would get hit by a semi carrying acid" is fine.  Saying "all Christans are bad and should all die" is a problem and will catch you a warning.

Saying "I wish all those Wahhabist extremist Muslims that want to attack the U.S. would die of goat syphilis" is fine.  Saying "all Muslims are bad and should die" is a problem and will result in the exact same warning as it was said about Christians or Jews or whatever.

Nothing is wrong with wishing death upon terrorists or extremists. (of any stripe).  It becomes a problem when the brush start to encompass entire religions or huge groups of people, whole populations, etc.
View Quote

What if you wish rape upon all geese?

Seriously though I know it was your army buddy that wished rape upon all geese.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:32:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it keeps me from typing and posting stupid shit, I'll take it
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:34:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Ok, this kind of shit pisses me off.

While I am not a RangerMonroe cheer leader, I am not his enemy either. This said, he was a great contributing member.

A message to Admins, Site Staff, The Avilas, people, I love ya for this place, but WTF? This is not the Arfcom of old. I get it, you are policing as "best as you can" to keep pandemonium down to a minimum, but some shit has become way too PC here.  Example, ROPers, protect them, don't protect them, it doesn't matter, they ARE our enemy, no ifs, no butts, simple fact, they really don't care if you protect them.

You can't make everyone happy. I have seen time and time again where you TRY to make everyone happy, ya know what? It's appreciated, it really is. Ed Sr. I've enjoyed our talks, you really want good things, I see that.  BUT.......  Actions like this are OVERKILL. Rm spoke is mind, while it is YOUR board, don't you want members to speak their minds? (I know, baring threats) Comments against a religion, sexual preference, races, etc, while some or many find it offensive, so what? I've learned more about the world in which I live in through heated discussions in direct opposition of someone else. Protected classes of people only make things uglier. Banning RM for what he said, in truth, I don't get it.

Yes, things piss me off here too, I don;t have a "BAN" button to make myself feel better when someone chooses a "narrower mindset" and verbalizes it. In fact, I am one of those most would consider a narrow man. (No secret here)

You've got a wide range of personalities here, these personalities go in many directions from "mainstream". HOw is it that some of you think you can "moderate" this with a modicum of success? I can't tell you what to do, however, this said, I would be very favorable with less politically correct sentiment that leads to great members here getting the boot over opinions. baring an actual threat (or personal attack), can a little more "freedom of speech" be granted in GD? (Again, yes, I know, this is your board, your rules, FOS does not apply here)

As to RM, someone unlock that guy already! Sweet Jesus..........
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:35:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yup, Just like elementary school!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wanna guess who had 20, yes twenty, warnings or locks? I cannot believe how many times we broke down and let him back on the site. I think he beats out pubboy and 5subslr5 for most locks and warnings.

Do those warnings and locks go on your permanent record?
Yup, Just like elementary school!  

I am sooooo screwed
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:40:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It's not an issue of reading comprehension, it's an issue of you trying to be cute and talk shit in such a way as to avoid a timeout. It's transparently obvious, and kind of silly. But coming from the "There's arguably nothing against the CoC to call a religious group goat rapers and wish for their death" guy, that's probably to be expected.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please. That statement about goat rapers isn't even on the top 100 worst things posted on Arfcom this month. And most if not all of the posters are still here.

And if you have an issue with something I posted, please feel free to click on 'report' or file 13 that with someone that gives a rats ass.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:44:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Please. That statement about goat rapers isn't even on the top 100 worst things posted on Arfcom this month. And most if not all of the posters are still here.

And if you have an issue with something I posted, please feel free to click on 'report' or file 13 that with someone that gives a rats ass.
View Quote

If most if not all of those posters got caught doing it 20 times, they probably wouldn't be here either.

I'm not a mod, and I don't really care if some random dude on the internet calls me a douchebag. But I will point it out.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:45:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I wouldn't have guessed that he'd been locked that many times.  Always seemed reasonable to me.
View Quote

yep, one of the good guys.

I am becoming disillusioned.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:45:54 AM EDT
[#31]
What's a ROP?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:46:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Cute Kitteh!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:46:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If you need it IM me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you need it IM me.

I've never talked to him on the phone, but I sent him two Tapco AK mags I didn't want and he insisted on sending me an FAL mag in return.  Nice guy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:47:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:47:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What's a ROP?
View Quote

I THINK it is "Religion of Peace"
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yeah he was granted an amnesty after myself and another staff member lobbied to let him back in.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Banned again? He was just let back not too long ago.

Yeah he was granted an amnesty after myself and another staff member lobbied to let him back in.

That sounds more than fair.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:50:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Holy shit, I just looked at his record.  

He should have been banned long, long ago.  I have no fucking idea why he's been allowed to remain on the sit as long as he was.  

Jesus fucking Christ, some of the things he has posted are just completely fucked up.  I am 100% certain that those of you who are staunchly defending him as a "good guy" would agree that he should be banned if you saw some of the reprehensible shit he has pulled.  
View Quote

Well to be honest, the "final straw" that I quoted was nothing, so some will find it hard to believe that they really were "reprehensible".
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:51:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What's a ROP?
View Quote

I'm guessing Republic of Pakistan
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:52:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The Avilas do not want religion bashing OF ANY KIND on ar15.com.  Their house, their rules.  There's no "special" protection of Islam.

Most people are generally able to control themselves when it comes to their personal dislike of Catholics, or Jews or Baptists, or whatever - but some seem simply UNABLE to control themselves when it comes to Muslims. . The rules are clear, and if people chose to not follow them, the consequences are theirs to own.

Even though we actually DO allow more shit to be talked about Islam than other religions, and tend to just issue warnings for things that would you get banned if you said it about other religions, the standard still has to be "how would this post sound if it was about Jews or Mormons?"

If someone posted that they hated Jews and wanted them all dead, should we let that slide?  If someone posted that they wished someone would just nuke the Vatican and kill all the Catholics, should it be allowed?  According to the Avilas, the answer is no.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

20? Damn!

You know what if that's the case, why even ban him or anyone else for that reason?

I know that you don't want to get labeled as a Hate site and shut down by the government, but don't you find that personally sad and galling that your cowed by the government into being the super semantical word police.

Seriously if you stood up to the Gov I think people would applaud you for it. Those attitudes are not uncommon.

Jesus you could switch the Site motto to "Arfcom, we Hate foreigners and hope they all die" and 99.99% of the membership won't bat an eye.

Why fight so hard for stupid political correctness.

Most people are generally able to control themselves when it comes to their personal dislike of Catholics, or Jews or Baptists, or whatever - but some seem simply UNABLE to control themselves when it comes to Muslims. . The rules are clear, and if people chose to not follow them, the consequences are theirs to own.

Bullshit! Us Pastafarian's are always ridiculed and wished for death and the mods NEVER do anything about it but delete our threads..
I guess some animals are more equal.. And they always side with the Alfraidians "and their whole Behold the Power of Cheese!" crap.. Everyone thats any one knows the Marinariaians are the proper and rightist sect to belong to..

rAmen my red noodle brothers..
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:53:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If most if not all of those posters got caught doing it 20 times, they probably wouldn't be here either.

I'm not a mod, and I don't really care if some random dude on the internet calls me a douchebag. But I will point it out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't call you a douchebag. I said you, ONCE, exhibited douchebag behavior. And for someone that doesn't care, you seem unable to let it go. But it's ok, it's not the end of the world.

Do you need a hug?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:54:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:54:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:55:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you're saying I have plenty of slack left?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7lwCgCrwvCA/TKTJ_Z_zKeI/AAAAAAAAAxg/KHMQJRmNZBY/s400/spanking.jpg

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:55:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Well to be honest, the "final straw" that I quoted was nothing, so some will find it hard to believe that they really were "reprehensible".
View Quote

Nothing? "Christians are a bunch of child molesters and i want them all to die."

Is that nothing?

I have negative opinions about Islam, but there's a right and a wrong way to express that. Just like it's fine to disagree with someone without calling them an asshole and wishing death on them.

If you want an unmoderated experience 4chan and plenty of other places are available.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:56:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Dave A was let back. What's the statute or limitations? Can we sponsor Monroe into a similar program?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:57:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Dave A was let back. What's the statute or limitations? Can we sponsor Monroe into a similar program?
View Quote

Just let Monroe in Team and the NVG forum
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I didn't call you a douchebag. I said you, ONCE, exhibited douchebag behavior. And for someone that doesn't care, you seem unable to let it go. But it's ok, it's not the end of the world.

Do you need a hug?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you need a hug?

It's an internet forum, arguing is what it's here for. Doesn't mean I care about it.

And that's transparent sophistry and you know it (or should).
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:59:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
but some seem simply UNABLE to control themselves when it comes to Muslims.
View Quote

Almost 3,000 dead in my hometown in less than an hour will do that to people...

ETA: We don't have the stick-poking icon?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:59:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The ONLY timeout I've ever gotten was from Aimless in a ROP thread.

Sooooo, avoiding them is a good idea of you cannot be tactful.
View Quote

Same.

It was quite lengthy...
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top