User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:02:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:03:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I personally lobbied for his return which is something I don't do.

He racked up three more warnings after he returned. He had enough previously to know what is allowed and what is not allowed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, this kind of shit pisses me off.

While I am not a RangerMonroe cheer leader, I am not his enemy either. This said, he was a great contributing member.

snip

As to RM, someone unlock that guy already! Sweet Jesus..........

He racked up three more warnings after he returned. He had enough previously to know what is allowed and what is not allowed.

I know you did, Ya Site Staff guys know that I love ya for what ya do, right?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:05:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well I have more than 1, but I suddenly feel much better about the number I have gotten.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:05:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yup... a kick in the teeth to people who vouched for him.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I am not a RangerMonroe cheer leader, I am not his enemy either. This said, he was a great contributing member.

snip

Yup... a kick in the teeth to people who vouched for him.  

Yes, that sucks too, I don't think kicking you guys in the teeth was his intention, I think he was just spewing piss and wind about the ROP, to be frank about it, I feel the same way as that guy does about the ROP.  Believe me, I wish I could post my diatribes detailing what I think of ROPers, RM only said what I have oft been thinking.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:05:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I feel like a total teacher's pet now.  :(   11 years, and not even a warning.  

I am going to get some of those blow up muscle arms that Spongebob had, and blow them up to "jerk" level.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:06:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

He has had twice the chances Dave_A was given.

I assure you he will not be returning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dave A was let back. What's the statute or limitations? Can we sponsor Monroe into a similar program?

Unless he's... familiar.

No copyright violation as I italicized nothing.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:08:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:09:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yup, Just like elementary school!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wanna guess who had 20, yes twenty, warnings or locks? I cannot believe how many times we broke down and let him back on the site. I think he beats out pubboy and 5subslr5 for most locks and warnings.

Do those warnings and locks go on your permanent record?
Yup, Just like elementary school!  

Fuck!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:11:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I took a peek in there, and was amazed by what I saw.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dave A was let back. What's the statute or limitations? Can we sponsor Monroe into a similar program?

How are all the non-mods looking up people's ban histories?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:11:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:13:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:14:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

some animals are more equal that others.. Get used to it..
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:14:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
the long one (# 3) wasn't for anything involving islam,  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The ONLY timeout I've ever gotten was from Aimless in a ROP thread.

Sooooo, avoiding them is a good idea of you cannot be tactful.

Same.

It was quite lengthy...
the long one (# 3) wasn't for anything involving islam,  

Now that I remember, no, it wasn't.

But my lock for it wasn't nearly as bad as the rangermonroe post, though.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:17:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:22:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I suspected the hardheaded SOB went and got himself in trouble again. I'll have to dig up his number and give him a call.
View Quote

Tell him I asked about him.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:23:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So are you saying we should have no rules?

Or ar you saying that we should have rules, but some people (if they are nice and/or popular) shouldn't have to follow them?

If you are not saying either of those things, then perhaps you can tell us what the hell are we supposed to do with someone who REFUSES to follow the rules?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A message to Admins, Site Staff, The Avilas, people, I love ya for this place, but WTF? This is not the Arfcom of old. I get it, you are policing as "best as you can" to keep pandemonium down to a minimum, but some shit has become way too PC here.  Example, ROPers, protect them, don't protect them, it doesn't matter, they ARE our enemy, no ifs, no butts, simple fact, they really don't care if you protect them.

You can't make everyone happy. I have seen time and time again where you TRY to make everyone happy, ya know what? It's appreciated, it really is. Ed Sr. I've enjoyed our talks, you really want good things, I see that.  BUT.......  Actions like this are OVERKILL. Rm spoke is mind, while it is YOUR board, don't you want members to speak their minds? (I know, baring threats) Comments against a religion, sexual preference, races, etc, while some or many find it offensive, so what? I've learned more about the world in which I live in through heated discussions in direct opposition of someone else. Protected classes of people only make things uglier. Banning RM for what he said, in truth, I don't get it.

Yes, things piss me off here too, I don;t have a "BAN" button to make myself feel better when someone chooses a "narrower mindset" and verbalizes it. In fact, I am one of those most would consider a narrow man. (No secret here)

You've got a wide range of personalities here, these personalities go in many directions from "mainstream". HOw is it that some of you think you can "moderate" this with a modicum of success? I can't tell you what to do, however, this said, I would be very favorable with less politically correct sentiment that leads to great members here getting the boot over opinions. baring an actual threat (or personal attack), can a little more "freedom of speech" be granted in GD? (Again, yes, I know, this is your board, your rules, FOS does not apply here)

Or ar you saying that we should have rules, but some people (if they are nice and/or popular) shouldn't have to follow them?

If you are not saying either of those things, then perhaps you can tell us what the hell are we supposed to do with someone who REFUSES to follow the rules?

I think he's talking about the...lets at least say perceived... imbalance of attention given to Islam threads over Christian threads.

A few months back I was a part of a thread in GD talking about Islamic origins (an area I've studied) that made it about three quarters of a page before it was locked citing COC1.  Looking back over the thread I have no idea why it was locked.  No "death to all Mooslims" talk or anything of the sort.  Granted everyone doubted the traditional Islamic storyline, but the conversation was very tame by any standard.

After it was locked I started reading one of your typical GD freakouts about Christianity.  One poster made a comment to the effect that "all pastors are con men and all Christians are simpletons being conned."  Sweeping generalizations are a no no, as I've been told, so I hit the report button.  Now, I don't know what goes on behind the scenes and what may or may not have come of it, but I know that said poster kept reiterating that statement for the next dozen or so pages of the thread.

Now I get that there are a lot of mods with different interpretations of what constitutes "derogatory", and that no mod can be in one place at all times.  But, the uneven handling of COC 1 leads to at least the perception of "protected classes."
I think what dogfacepappy was saying (and I'd agree with him) is that in this area you need to open the door wide or shut it completely.  Either make all religions fair game or make all religions off limits.

The, at least perceived, half measures in place now just magnifies the problem.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:28:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:28:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A message to Admins, Site Staff, The Avilas, people, I love ya for this place, but WTF? This is not the Arfcom of old. I get it, you are policing as "best as you can" to keep pandemonium down to a minimum, but some shit has become way too PC here.  Example, ROPers, protect them, don't protect them, it doesn't matter, they ARE our enemy, no ifs, no butts, simple fact, they really don't care if you protect them.

You can't make everyone happy. I have seen time and time again where you TRY to make everyone happy, ya know what? It's appreciated, it really is. Ed Sr. I've enjoyed our talks, you really want good things, I see that.  BUT.......  Actions like this are OVERKILL. Rm spoke is mind, while it is YOUR board, don't you want members to speak their minds? (I know, baring threats) Comments against a religion, sexual preference, races, etc, while some or many find it offensive, so what? I've learned more about the world in which I live in through heated discussions in direct opposition of someone else. Protected classes of people only make things uglier. Banning RM for what he said, in truth, I don't get it.

Yes, things piss me off here too, I don;t have a "BAN" button to make myself feel better when someone chooses a "narrower mindset" and verbalizes it. In fact, I am one of those most would consider a narrow man. (No secret here)

You've got a wide range of personalities here, these personalities go in many directions from "mainstream". HOw is it that some of you think you can "moderate" this with a modicum of success? I can't tell you what to do, however, this said, I would be very favorable with less politically correct sentiment that leads to great members here getting the boot over opinions. baring an actual threat (or personal attack), can a little more "freedom of speech" be granted in GD? (Again, yes, I know, this is your board, your rules, FOS does not apply here)

We all know that their needs to be rules.

I think it would be reasonable to cut people some slack when they are truly apologetic,  that have been to combat against people that claim to represent a certain religion. Yes there are even people of that religion on our side, but some of them turn against us. It would be difficult to lose friends and comrades in such circumstances and that might make it difficult to be able to always draw the line between Jihadists and Peaceful good ROPers, because we all know based on things that have happened since 9/11 that line can become very blurry. Given the personal trauma, that line can be obscured for some people from time to time.

He was given some slack 20 times, I get that, but given his background, he should be given 21 or more.

I am not making excuses, just taking into account the real world circumstances.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:29:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:30:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Ah, how interesting. I had no idea that Mod was a title only in certain areas. Thanks, that makes a lot of sense.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:30:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The member who posted that is a moderator.

The mod tag only shows in the area they are responsible for but ALL mods can view warnings (they are considered confidential and that information is not allowed to be posted.)   We have close to 150 moderators on this site.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The mod tag only shows in the area they are responsible for but ALL mods can view warnings (they are considered confidential and that information is not allowed to be posted.)   We have close to 150 moderators on this site.

well it was until Subnet did the data dump a few weeks ago..

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:30:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:31:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:35:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Damn, I just looked. I've been locked 4 or so times
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:37:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Generally speaking people say far far worse things about Islam and Mohammed and get away with it than they do about Christ and Christianity (or Judaism).  

also
1-did you report the thread? I hit the report button on the comment & submitted a reason.
2-I don't know if anything was done, but when I warn someone I don't make a public announcement about it I wouldn't expect you to, but similar comments from the same poster persisted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he's talking about the...lets at least say perceived... imbalance of attention given to Islam threads over Christian threads.

A few months back I was a part of a thread in GD talking about Islamic origins (an area I've studied) that made it about three quarters of a page before it was locked citing COC1.  Looking back over the thread I have no idea why it was locked.  No "death to all Mooslims" talk or anything of the sort.  Granted everyone doubted the traditional Islamic storyline, but the conversation was very tame by any standard.

After it was locked I started reading one of your typical GD freakouts about Christianity.  One poster made a comment to the effect that "all pastors are con men and all Christians are simpletons being conned."  Sweeping generalizations are a no no, as I've been told, so I hit the report button.  Now, I don't know what goes on behind the scenes and what may or may not have come of it, but I know that said poster kept reiterating that statement for the next dozen or so pages of the thread.

Now I get that there are a lot of mods with different interpretations of what constitutes "derogatory", and that no mod can be in one place at all times.  But, the uneven handling of COC 1 leads to at least the perception of "protected classes."
I think what dogfacepappy was saying (and I'd agree with him) is that in this area you need to open the door wide or shut it completely.  Either make all religions fair game or make all religions off limits.

Generally speaking people say far far worse things about Islam and Mohammed and get away with it than they do about Christ and Christianity (or Judaism).  

also
1-did you report the thread? I hit the report button on the comment & submitted a reason.
2-I don't know if anything was done, but when I warn someone I don't make a public announcement about it I wouldn't expect you to, but similar comments from the same poster persisted.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:38:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
he did a shit ton of stupid stuff that had nothing to do with Islam, troll accounts, telling people to fuck off, saying that cops deserved to be shot and on and on and on. This is just silliness  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We all know that their needs to be rules.

I think it would be reasonable to cut people some slack when they are truly apologetic,  that have been to combat against people that claim to represent a certain religion. Yes there are even people of that religion on our side, but some of them turn against us. It would be difficult to lose friends and comrades in such circumstances and that might make it difficult to be able to always draw the line between Jihadists and Peaceful good ROPers, because we all know based on things that have happened since 9/11 that line can become very blurry. Given the personal trauma, that line can be obscured for some people from time to time.

He was given some slack 20 times, I get that, but given his background, he should be given 21 or more.

I am not making excuses, just taking into account the real world circumstances.
he did a shit ton of stupid stuff that had nothing to do with Islam, troll accounts, telling people to fuck off, saying that cops deserved to be shot and on and on and on. This is just silliness  

Did not realize there was other stuff. Thought it was a single issue.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:39:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:39:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shot down my conspiracy theory before it even taxied to the runway.

Quoted:

You need to stop trolling in the gaming forum.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:40:11 AM EDT
[#32]
It makes me question a site who ostensibly supports the second amendment so vehemently; yet they ignore the first in favor of censor at any given time.  "Their site, their rules etc." is just another name for progressive censorship.  Kudos to RM for stating shit the way he felt.  His valuable contribution to this site is obviously less important than political correctness.  Sad.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:42:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Link?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

also

Link?

Sorry, its been a while & I don't remember the thread titles.  I wouldn't know what to search for.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:42:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a lot of swedish fish.  And regular fish.  And goose hush-hush money.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Two of them were from the EE. One was calling out a guy selling fake Chinese shit as the real deal.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:45:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Two of them were from the EE. One was calling out a guy selling fake Chinese shit as the real deal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

How do you get a lock for exposing that?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:46:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ad stomping

I posted a thread a few months before where you can get decent Eotech clones for $30. This guy buys a couple and tries to sell the for $100

LINK

My last timeout was for This one

I think I got a timeout or maybe just a warning for putting "SOLD" in bold in my thread title in the EE so noone wasted their time clicking on it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I disagree that it was "nothing."  You might agree with his statements, and that's fine.  But the question (from our perspective) is whether or not he violated the rules, like he had so many, many times before.

He said that he hates Muslims, and wishes death upon them.  And called them goat rapers.

I don't think that's "nothing" on a site that has a specific prohibition about "posting derogatory comments of a religious nature."  Come on.  That prohibition is the VERY FIRST rule in the entire Code of Conduct, and he had such a long list of account violations (for all kinds of different stuff), that he clearly was VERY familiar with the Code of Conduct.

Furthermore, this was his third violation after being reluctantly allowed back, and after him PROMISING (yet again) to agree to follow the Code of Conduct.

I promise you, I am not over-dramatizing or lying.  There were several things in his past record that would undoubtedly have been instant bans for someone that wasn't as well liked as him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy shit, I just looked at his record.  

He should have been banned long, long ago.  I have no fucking idea why he's been allowed to remain on the sit as long as he was.  

Jesus fucking Christ, some of the things he has posted are just completely fucked up.  I am 100% certain that those of you who are staunchly defending him as a "good guy" would agree that he should be banned if you saw some of the reprehensible shit he has pulled.  

Well to be honest, the "final straw" that I quoted was nothing,

I disagree that it was "nothing."  You might agree with his statements, and that's fine.  But the question (from our perspective) is whether or not he violated the rules, like he had so many, many times before.

He said that he hates Muslims, and wishes death upon them.  And called them goat rapers.

I don't think that's "nothing" on a site that has a specific prohibition about "posting derogatory comments of a religious nature."  Come on.  That prohibition is the VERY FIRST rule in the entire Code of Conduct, and he had such a long list of account violations (for all kinds of different stuff), that he clearly was VERY familiar with the Code of Conduct.

Furthermore, this was his third violation after being reluctantly allowed back, and after him PROMISING (yet again) to agree to follow the Code of Conduct.

... so some will find it hard to believe that they really were "reprehensible".

I promise you, I am not over-dramatizing or lying.  There were several things in his past record that would undoubtedly have been instant bans for someone that wasn't as well liked as him.

I understood IG as saying "compared to his previous actions, this was mundane for him"
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:57:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It makes me question a site who ostensibly supports the second amendment so vehemently; yet they ignore the first in favor of censor at any given time.  "Their site, their rules etc." is just another name for progressive censorship.  Kudos to RM for stating shit the way he felt.  His valuable contribution to this site is obviously less important than political correctness.  Sad.
View Quote

Your understanding of rights seems to be severely lacking.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:39:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't state anything about anyone having "rights".  The only ones with "rights" in this situation was the site with their "right" to ban him.  I was questioning ideology.  You obviously need a lesson in reading comprehension.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:43:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I didn't state anything about anyone having "rights".  The only ones with "rights" in this situation was the site with their "right" to ban him.  I was questioning ideology.  You obviously need a lesson in reading comprehension.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Referencing the 1st and 2nd amendment is a clear indication that you are referring in some way to rights.  Try again.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:51:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:54:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Probably wishing death, but I hear some people are sensitive about their goats around here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just received info he was permabanned for the following statement: HERE

Quoted:
While I hate them, and wish death upon them personally....

I do believe I would find myself aligned with the goat rapers if such a thing were to happen here.

Freedom of religion and such.

Government persecuting a religion never ends well.

Just so I don't make the same mistakes, did he get banned for calling them goat rapers or wishing they all die, or believing in freedom of religion?

Probably wishing death, but I hear some people are sensitive about their goats around here.

Goats are protected here, Geese, not so much
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:56:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:57:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:00:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Just so I don't make the same mistakes, did he get banned for calling them goat rapers or wishing they all die, or believing in freedom of religion?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just received info he was permabanned for the following statement: HERE

Quoted:
While I hate them, and wish death upon them personally....

I do believe I would find myself aligned with the goat rapers if such a thing were to happen here.

Freedom of religion and such.

Government persecuting a religion never ends well.

probably the part in blue
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:06:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:07:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:16:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

And NOTHING AT ALL in the Code of Conduct prohibits you from wishing death and damnation and all sorts of horrible things upon the people that carried out those acts, or on any other extremist muslims that want to engage in violence or terrorism.

But the second that extends to wishing death on ALL muslims, then it is not any different from people who condemn all Catholics (and shit all over them) for the actions of a few bad priests.  Either will earn an account warning, because it's the same principle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
but some seem simply UNABLE to control themselves when it comes to Muslims.

Almost 3,000 dead in my hometown in less than an hour will do that to people...

ETA: We don't have the stick-poking icon?

And NOTHING AT ALL in the Code of Conduct prohibits you from wishing death and damnation and all sorts of horrible things upon the people that carried out those acts, or on any other extremist muslims that want to engage in violence or terrorism.

But the second that extends to wishing death on ALL muslims, then it is not any different from people who condemn all Catholics (and shit all over them) for the actions of a few bad priests.  Either will earn an account warning, because it's the same principle.

Easy, brother....

Like I said, we need that stick-pointy icon thing.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top