Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 100
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 6:01:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually now I think we can talk about how crazy Ferrari is going to get making offers to Newey....

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/05/28/ferrari-offer-newey-e20-million-per-year/
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hamilton only has a championship because he got lucky with Glock.  I just can't fucking stand the guy for how he talks about his team and teammates when he's not on every podium that season.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't get to see the post race stuff. Fuck you NBCSN, play the friggin' desert race in the middle of the night.

Hamilton tried to say he comment about taking out Rosberg ala Senna-Prost was a joke. Plus the whole trashing the team on the radio. Just drive the damn car and keep your piehole shut. I think if I was team principal I might say something like, "You're suspended for a race and we're going to let the test driver race your car. Ha, Ha, just kidding. No really, take a hike for the next month. Come back with a good attitude and no more bitching and belly aching about things above your pay grade."

When I was racing bikes, the guy I rode for told me one day, after bitching about the evil fucking KZ1000 I rode for him, that if I didn't have anything constructive to say that he could find a new rider with very little problem. We had a great relationship after that. I kept my mouth shut and he welded a gusset onto the steering head and added two dampers. That didn't change the frame from a flexi-flyer but at least I didn't have to deal with a broken down tubes. Much.

Hamilton has never had anyone tell him anything except that he's special. His lame comment about growing up sleeping on his father's couch versus Rosberg growing up in Monaco somehow makes him hungrier to win than Nico is total bullshit. His crap is really getting old. I'm really surprised that Merc is putting up with it. The Germans are not known for being tolerant of people who deviate from the plan.

Agreed.. Nico earned his place moreso than Lewis did, via racing with midfield teams, and for Merc when they were crap for that matter.. If Lewis hadn't spent all those teenage years under Ron Dennis' desk, servicing him, he wouldn't even BE in F1.  I also seriously doubt it will be tolerated much longer from the Germans, especially with him 'airing the dirty laundry' over team radio today, considering they could put a retarded squirrel in the car and it would still win races.

hamilton has a championship, rosberg does not.. rings mean something.

anyways, canada will be back to normal hamilton domination most likely.  the end of the season should be interesting..  hamilton runs nico off in the first corner of suzuka?

Hamilton only has a championship because he got lucky with Glock.  I just can't fucking stand the guy for how he talks about his team and teammates when he's not on every podium that season.

Hamilton has a ring because Domenicali was too stupid to let Kimi know to drop to the 5th place, behind glock, and defend the position against Hamilton..

Even a 10 year old knew how to make sure massa would win this title... Everybody except the morons at Ferraris pits.
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

We could keep talking about how the once-proud Ferrari dynasty (who has two of the best drivers in F1) is flopping around like a carp on a hot sidewalk...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think Hamilton is acting like an ass (actually, I think he's just an ass), but I have to ask:  without the Hamilton/Rosberg drama, what the heck else would there be to talk about this season?  How much Renault and Ferrari have sucked building the new power units?  How much Seb misses his sacrificial anode?  How in the world Maldonado is still allowed on a racetrack?

We could keep talking about how the once-proud Ferrari dynasty (who has two of the best drivers in F1) is flopping around like a carp on a hot sidewalk...

Without the stupid marussia puncturing his tire under safety car, Kimi would have finished in front of your beloved red bull and ricciardo.

You really have Nothing to brag about or to trash Ferrari...

I remind you that it's your team that comes out of a 4 title dynasty....

And as bad as the f-14T is, it's still a Ferrari and Fernando there at the 3rd place in the championship.. Not Vettel, or a red bull

For how long... That's another matter ;) but apparently if Ferrari ever makes a step forward in this season, it will be in canada.
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 6:32:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think Hamilton is acting like an ass (actually, I think he's just an ass), but I have to ask:  without the Hamilton/Rosberg drama, what the heck else would there be to talk about this season?  How much Renault and Ferrari have sucked building the new power units?  How much Seb misses his sacrificial anode?  How in the world Maldonado is still allowed on a racetrack?

Still not as funny as Vettel's "DO SOMETHING!"
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 6:37:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Without the stupid marussia puncturing his tire under safety car, Kimi would have finished in front of your beloved red bull and ricciardo.

And as bad as the f-14T is, it's still a Ferrari and Fernando there at the 3rd place in the championship.. Not Vettel, or a red bull

For how long... That's another matter ;) but apparently if Ferrari ever makes a step forward in this season, it will be in canada.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Merc is going to walk away from the field..

Link Posted: 5/28/2014 6:57:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
if Ferrari ever makes a step forward in this season, it will be in canada.
View Quote

You need to get out of the thin air.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 12:10:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hamilton has a ring because Domenicali was too stupid to let Kimi know to drop to the 5th place, behind glock, and defend the position against Hamilton..

Even a 10 year old knew how to make sure massa would win this title... Everybody except the morons at Ferraris pits.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Glock let Hamilton pass, even in Kimi was behind him, he just pulled over. What is Kimi going to do, crash into Hamilton? Short of that, there's nothing they could have done, for some reason Glock thought he should take it upon himself to decide the champion.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol Ferrari's best chance of winning this year is at Singapore. The street circuit is less effected by HP and Fernando is brilliant there.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 9:02:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Glock let Hamilton pass, even in Kimi was behind him, he just pulled over. What is Kimi going to do, crash into Hamilton? Short of that, there's nothing they could have done, for some reason Glock thought he should take it upon himself to decide the champion.
Lol Ferrari's best chance of winning this year is at Singapore. The street circuit is less effected by HP and Fernando is brilliant there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Monaco sealed my predictions for this year.

Short of a two car failure/retirement at the Silver Arrows, I don't see anyone else winning.  

Bravo Mercedes and the FIA, you managed to make Formula even more boring than last year.. I didn't honestly think that was possible.

Link Posted: 5/29/2014 9:19:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yawn.... same bullshit (from you), different day.

Btw... in case you missed it (which you obviously did), I've rooted for several other drivers besides Seb/RBR during this season... including Kimi at YOUR precious Ferrari. But it's just so damn easy to give the lacy pink thongs of you die-hard tifosi a wedgie.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 9:36:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Bravo Mercedes and the FIA, you managed to make Formula even more boring than last year.. I didn't honestly think that was possible.

View Quote

I have to disagree with you there.  First of all, how can you blame Mercedes?  All they did was build the best motor and car they could come up with.... What should they have done, purposely build something slower to keep the racing interesting?

And at least this season there are two cars a second a lap faster than everyone instead of just one.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 11:03:24 AM EDT
[#11]
If Ferrari was doing what Mercedes is doing this year--people in this thread would think this was the best season ever---they would be red creaming their pants.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 3:18:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

If Ferrari was doing what Mercedes is doing this year--people in this thread would think this was the best season ever---they would be red creaming their pants.
View Quote

Nope, not me..  I'm just especially pissed because Ham is in one of the cars, and is still managing to be a cunt when he opens his mouth, even when 20 of the 21 other cars on track can't catch him.  Nico is my new favorite after Monaco though, sneaky, underhanded German bastard.

Link Posted: 5/29/2014 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I have no problem stating that I am a Vettel fan.
I have liked him since TR

However--I truly enjoy watching Nico drive, I enjoy watching his interaction with his crew and other drivers. Hes a truly classy driver.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Of the current group of F1 I only have a dislike for two of the drivers.

Crashanado has no business being on a F1 racetrack. He is the poster boy for everything that is wrong with the pay to play drivers that exist in racing today. He is the product of the entire F1 is too expensive hand wringing going on. F1 should be about performance, speed and driving skills. When Renault said they wouldn't stay in F1 unless F1 became more "green" then the FIA should have said don't let the door hit you in the ass. No turbos, no energy storage systems, no drs, no bullshit. Just pure horsepower, speed and who can drive it into the corner the deepest and come out the hardest. The hell with all other considerations. Crash is going to hurt someone sooner or later.

And then there's Lewis Hamilton. He's a decent enough driver. F1 used to have rules about how drivers were supposed to look. Hamilton broke those rules when he started wearing earrings. Instead of him getting hammered for it those rules just quietly went away. Lewis has trashed every team he's been on. In the press, on the radio during races and the internet. I finally got to see his performance on the podium at Monaco. That had to have been the most professional and most unsportsmanlike conduct I've ever seen from a driver. I have to admire his skill with the car but the rest of the package not so much. The team has already expressed some displeasure with his antics and his mouth. Merc is not a team that will take his trash talking. Drivers have been fired mid-season before. Merc has nothing to lose by letting him go. Rosberg is leading the points race and as some said earlier in the thread a drunken squirrel could win this year driving the Merc.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 5:37:47 PM EDT
[#16]

What's not to like?

Link Posted: 5/29/2014 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#17]

VW has the engineering depth (and experience) to make a pretty significant impact.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 7:05:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's when the big evolutions are coming. If they fail to bring results, they'll start working for next year. That's it.

Nothing else
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I do not think that glock would have stopped.

Kimi had the car to slow down Hamilton in the corners and enough power and tires to keep him behind for 2-3 laps...
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 7:10:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Btw... in case you missed it (which you obviously did), I've rooted for several other drivers besides Seb/RBR during this season... including Kimi at YOUR precious Ferrari. But it's just so damn easy to give the lacy pink thongs of you die-hard tifosi a wedgie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do you always feel the need to post rude comments !? (With smileys)  You were throwing shit at Ferrari. Rightfully. I'm just underlining that maybe, you aren't (given you are a years long RB/Seb supporter) the better placed for that

And I have rooted for ricciardo too this year. Read back this thread. Doesn't change the fact that I am mainly a Ferrari supporter, like you are a RB supporter

You can root for 22 cars if you want. I don't mind. But I don't forget who's supporter you were and are.. Unless you have left the sinking ship already ? Personally I'm going to hit the rock bottom wearing red
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 9:57:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Guys guys GUYS! calm down!  No need to fight, Unless you're a Ham fan, then you should be beaten like a rented mule.

I'll vouch for Shung, he's never said anything nasty about RBR, just Seb.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 10:28:07 PM EDT
[#22]
...Hamilton tried to say he comment about taking out Rosberg ala Senna-Prost was a joke....
View Quote

Hamilton compares himself to Senna?? or Prost?

Neither Schumacher or Häkkinen would be so arrogant.

Link Posted: 5/30/2014 9:13:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Guys guys GUYS! calm down!  No need to fight, Unless you're a Ham fan, then you should be beaten like a rented mule.

View Quote

I'll come out and say I'm a Hamilton fan and hope he beats Nico this year.

Bring on the beating.
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 9:15:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What's not to like?

http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/bugatti-15.jpg

View All Quotes

With Ricciardo and VW power I'd quickly become a bigger fan of RBR (with respect that McLaren will always have my heart).
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 9:33:38 PM EDT
[#25]
How much of a stroke would the Tifosi have if VW built it's power unit under the Lamborghini name?  
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 10:11:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
How much of a stroke would the Tifosi have if VW built it's power unit under the Lamborghini name?  
View Quote

Hmmmmm, interdasting.
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 10:18:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lamborghini has some history in F1.

It will be a VW powered by Audi/Porsche.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 12:36:31 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Bring on the beating.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bring on the beating.

Racist, you just don't like Nico because he's white.  

I'm bored tonight, and have come up with an idea.  I vote they start having another race at the Nardo Ring every year, last race, when car survival doesn't matter.  No rules regarding aero or power for this one race, no qualifying, just an all out brawl on a giant fucking circle.  100 points awarded to winner, 50 to second, 25 to third, none to the rest of the field.   Tires would have to be figured out, but I'm sure that they could come up with something that would survive, considering they made sets in 2005 that would last a whole race weekend.  

Wiki for the Nardo Ring for people that don't know what it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nard%C3%B2_ring.jpg

Link Posted: 5/31/2014 12:47:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Bring on the beating.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bring on the beating.

Link Posted: 5/31/2014 2:40:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Why do you always feel the need to post rude comments !? (With smileys)  You were throwing shit at Ferrari. Rightfully. I'm just underlining that maybe, you aren't (given you are a years long RB/Seb supporter) the better placed for that

And I have rooted for ricciardo too this year. Read back this thread. Doesn't change the fact that I am mainly a Ferrari supporter, like you are a RB supporter

You can root for 22 cars if you want. I don't mind. But I don't forget who's supporter you were and are.. Unless you have left the sinking ship already ? Personally I'm going to hit the rock bottom wearing red
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm still a Seb/RBR fan and will likely continue to be so unless they do something to piss me off enough. Hasn't happened yet. I don't hate any driver on the circuit as much as you seem to hate him. And I've chalked it up to jealousy since I first saw you display it. He's not the fit-throwing, baby-eating monster you've attempted to portray him as at times. He's driven and wants to win. Considering how much Renault has failed him and RBR this year, he's been very gracious in defeat the vast majority of the time. My ire with you began at your tantrums pointing out his supposed tantrums.

At any rate... lemme throw some Ferrari love your way now... I spent some quality time in a couple of Ferraris this evening...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1629675_Crammed_in_a_few_dream_car_joy_rides_tonight___.html
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not like they all ain't the same company.  Ever looked at a engine in a VW??  Almost all parts are stamped VW/Audi

Other than that that is all i have to contribute, I have nothing to add to the dick measuring going on in here
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 11:30:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Not like they all ain't the same company.  Ever looked at a engine in a VW??  Almost all parts are stamped VW/Audi

Other than that that is all i have to contribute, I have nothing to add to the dick measuring going on in here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

VW fanboy much?

In the context of racing programs (under the VW umbrella) that could immediately provide engineers and experience for F1 engine development, the teams labeled "Audi" and "Porsche" (as a result of their efforts in LMP) have the most to offer.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Why do you commies like this gay Eurotrash sport? lol.

Europeans are icky metrosexuals. lol

Link Posted: 5/31/2014 11:40:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

VW fanboy much?

In the context of racing programs (under the VW umbrella) that could immediately provide engineers and experience for F1 engine development, the teams labeled "Audi" and "Porsche" (as a result of their efforts in LMP) have the most to offer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

VW fanboy much?

VW fanboy??  Me??

Not quite.  I'd like to set everyone of their street cars on fire when I see them at the garage I work at.  Pretty much to repair anything you have to remove VW, install new part, re-install VW.  Even changing the oil and taking the tires off those bastards is complicated
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 11:46:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

VW fanboy??  Me??

Not quite.  I'd like to set everyone of their street cars on fire when I see them at the garage I work at.  Pretty much to repair anything you have to remove VW, install new part, re-install VW.  Even changing the oil and taking the tires off those bastards is complicated
View Quote

Fair enough..
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 12:26:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
And then there's Lewis Hamilton. He's a decent enough driver. F1 used to have rules about how drivers were supposed to look. Hamilton broke those rules when he started wearing earrings. Instead of him getting hammered for it those rules just quietly went away. Lewis has trashed every team he's been on. In the press, on the radio during races and the internet. I finally got to see his performance on the podium at Monaco. That had to have been the most professional and most unsportsmanlike conduct I've ever seen from a driver. I have to admire his skill with the car but the rest of the package not so much. The team has already expressed some displeasure with his antics and his mouth. Merc is not a team that will take his trash talking. Drivers have been fired mid-season before. Merc has nothing to lose by letting him go. Rosberg is leading the points race and as some said earlier in the thread a drunken squirrel could win this year driving the Merc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This review of the Bahrain GP has a great illustration of why Hamilton is so unlikeable:  Link

Going into lap 18, Rosberg got the DRS flap open down the pit straight and made an audaciously late braking move on his team-mate into turn one.  It got him past for a few yards, but forced him to run wide, Lewis still ahead as they exited.

On the next lap – Nico’s final chance of getting to pit first and thereby leapfrog ahead – he tried a variation of the same move. This time he was still just ahead as they came out of the right-handed turn but Hamilton hung desperately on, behind but alongside enough that he could claim the inside for the left-hander of two, chopping ruthlessly across Rosberg’s bows to prevent him getting a proper run at him up the straight to four. Nico was on the radio complaining at this point and there were some distinctly nervy people on the Mercedes pit wall.

Going into lap 52 Rosberg again sliced outrageously late down the inside, again Hamilton simply waited until Nico ran wide before turning in, still ahead. This was truly fantastic racing, with beautiful judgement from both drivers. Next lap, Rosberg tried again at the same place, and again Hamilton had to get very defensive down to turn four.

So,after being drive off the track multiple times during the race, does Nico throw a fit?  Nope, pure class.

“I thought I had him about nine different times,” said Rosberg. “But he’s a great driver and he made it work. Hybrids sometimes have more power than at other times [depending upon battery store] and so it’s difficult to be in the right place [relative to the other car] coinciding it with when you have the power. Many times I just didn’t even know where he was because there’s a big dead angle when you’re this close. So many times I didn’t know where he was and then he’d suddenly reappear again.”

“I strongly dislike coming second to Lewis,” Rosberg said, “but it was definitely the most exciting race I’ve ever done in my whole career. Today was a day for the sport.”

And this:

“No,” Lewis had said irritated, on Friday, when asked if he expected his advantage over Nico from Malaysia to carry through to here. “He’s had a chance to look at my telemetry there and understand how I was doing it.”

Is pathetic, considering how Hamilton used Alonso's telemetry to improve his driving when they were teammates at McLaren in 2007.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 2:23:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'm still a Seb/RBR fan and will likely continue to be so unless they do something to piss me off enough. Hasn't happened yet. I don't hate any driver on the circuit as much as you seem to hate him. And I've chalked it up to jealousy since I first saw you display it. He's not the fit-throwing, baby-eating monster you've attempted to portray him as at times. He's driven and wants to win. Considering how much Renault has failed him and RBR this year, he's been very gracious in defeat the vast majority of the time. My ire with you began at your tantrums pointing out his supposed tantrums.

At any rate... lemme throw some Ferrari love your way now... I spent some quality time in a couple of Ferraris this evening...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1629675_Crammed_in_a_few_dream_car_joy_rides_tonight___.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I supposedly hate Sebastian Vettel ?  It's far to be true. I don't hate on any driver actually I just don't like some of his reactions or the things he has said in the past.

He doesn't always show much class and self control when things don't go his way... A bit like a spoiled child.. It's his spoiled child attitudes that I have disliked mainly.

Hamilton seems to have the same issues.. I am far to be the only one to have noticed and pinpointed that..

Nice rides btw !

For my 20th birthday. The friend of a friend gave me his Ferrari for the week-end :) epic week end

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 10:51:40 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I supposedly hate Sebastian Vettel ?  It's far to be true. I don't hate on any driver actually I just don't like some of his reactions or the things he has said in the past.

He doesn't always show much class and self control when things don't go his way... A bit like a spoiled child.. It's his spoiled child attitudes that I have disliked mainly.

Hamilton seems to have the same issues.. I am far to be the only one to have noticed and pinpointed that..

Nice rides btw !

For my 20th birthday. The friend of a friend gave me his Ferrari for the week-end :) epic week end
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice rides btw !

Hope you had a good weekend.  What model?  

I've always cut Seb some slack on the whole 'spoiled kid' routine, because he seems like a genuinely good guy.  Watch him on Top Gear and compare/contrast his attitude with Lewis when he was on there.  Seb doesn't do the whole 'I'm the best, and you all suck!' routine that Hamilton does whenever he's in front of the camera.  Hell, Seb curbed his tongue over the radio in Monaco when his car went to shit, Lewis couldn't curb his when he was in second.  

Lewis though, will ALWAYS be on my shitlist for how he and Ron Dennis treated Alonso in 2007, when he was the reigning world champion, and I am forever grateful to Kimi for making sure they didn't get a WDC that year.  

Hell, IIRC, Dennis didn't treat Kimi all the well either, and he would have been champion for them in 2005 or 2006 if their engines weren't so shit.  

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 12:54:16 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Of the current group of F1 I only have a dislike for two of the drivers.

Crashanado has no business being on a F1 racetrack. He is the poster boy for everything that is wrong with the pay to play drivers that exist in racing today. He is the product of the entire F1 is too expensive hand wringing going on. F1 should be about performance, speed and driving skills. When Renault said they wouldn't stay in F1 unless F1 became more "green" then the FIA should have said don't let the door hit you in the ass. No turbos, no energy storage systems, no drs, no bullshit. Just pure horsepower, speed and who can drive it into the corner the deepest and come out the hardest. The hell with all other considerations. Crash is going to hurt someone sooner or later.

View Quote
its crashtor.  get it right

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 1:04:18 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

VW fanboy much?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

VW fanboy much?

There are two classes of Porsche Automobil
Holding SE shares. Half is ordinary shares with voting power, and the
other half is preferred shares without voting power. Porsche-Piëch
family owns 100% of the ordinary shares as of the end of 2013. The
preferred shares, which are not owned by the family, are traded
publicly. See 2013 Annual Report, Shareholder Composition "Porsche Automobil Holding SE Annual Report 2013". p. 44.

holy shit reading through the corporate crap and the 'who actually controls porsche' question has a complicated answer..

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 12:47:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Lewis though, will ALWAYS be on my shitlist for how he and Ron Dennis treated Alonso in 2007, when he was the reigning world champion, and I am forever grateful to Kimi for making sure they didn't get a WDC that year.  

Hell, IIRC, Dennis didn't treat Kimi all the well either, and he would have been champion for them in 2005 or 2006 if their engines weren't so shit.  
View Quote

Very true, though we'll never know if Kimi would have won the WDC, the McLaren was certainly the fastest car for parts of 05 & 06.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
There are two classes of Porsche Automobil Holding SE shares. Half is ordinary shares with voting power, and the other half is preferred shares without voting power. Porsche-Piëch family owns 100% of the ordinary shares as of the end of 2013. The preferred shares, which are not owned by the family, are traded publicly. See 2013 Annual Report, Shareholder Composition "Porsche Automobil Holding SE Annual Report 2013". p. 44.

holy shit reading through the corporate crap and the 'who actually controls porsche' question has a complicated answer..

View Quote

The bottom line, I think anyway, is that VW could have Porsche, VW, Audi, Lambo, or some guys in a shed in Kentucky to build the motor, and still call it whatever a Porsche, or an Audi, or whatever.  Scuderia Lamborghini would cause tifosi apoplexy.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 1:21:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I've always cut Seb some slack on the whole 'spoiled kid' routine, because he seems like a genuinely good guy.  Watch him on Top Gear and compare/contrast his attitude with Lewis when he was on there.  Seb doesn't do the whole 'I'm the best, and you all suck!' routine that Hamilton does whenever he's in front of the camera.  Hell, Seb curbed his tongue over the radio in Monaco when his car went to shit, Lewis couldn't curb his when he was in second.  

View Quote

Totally agree. People who think that Seb is anywhere near the top of the spoiled-child list in F1 either haven't been paying attention, or their personal dislike for him is such that they won't see the truth. He's no angel, but he's no devil either. He's acted in a classy manner on MANY occasions where things were going his way not. He's bit his tongue a LOT during this season. Yes, when he's driving and actually competing his passions get the most of him at times. That's to be expected. Happens to EVERYONE. Even happens to The Iceman a lot, and we all know how little emotion he shows most of the time.

Lewis is definitely at the top of the spoiled-child list right now. He likes to pretend that he's the poor-kid-underdog-from-nowhere and that Nico is this arrogant, spoiled rich kid. Lewis needs to look in the mirror. He's got it backwards.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 2:06:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Totally agree. People who think that Seb is anywhere near the top of the spoiled-child list in F1 either haven't been paying attention, or their personal dislike for him is such that they won't see the truth. He's no angel, but he's no devil either. He's acted in a classy manner on MANY occasions where things were going his way not. He's bit his tongue a LOT during this season. Yes, when he's driving and actually competing his passions get the most of him at times. That's to be expected. Happens to EVERYONE. Even happens to The Iceman a lot, and we all know how little emotion he shows most of the time.

Lewis is definitely at the top of the spoiled-child list right now. He likes to pretend that he's the poor-kid-underdog-from-nowhere and that Nico is this arrogant, spoiled rich kid. Lewis needs to look in the mirror. He's got it backwards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

QFT
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Originally Posted By Kimi Räikkönen:

Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing.

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing.

View Quote

Zactly!

And I love that quote! I would've said the same thing. Damn hard to drive an F1 race, trying to compete in a car that's not the best, and chatter endlessly on the radio at the same time.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 11:11:50 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm very excited for Canada this weekend.

The schedule is at a normal time for us Colonists, it's home of one of the best races ever (2011), it's fast, it has the wall of champions, and Hamilton always does well there. I mention that last point because I'll bee cheering on HAM for the win just to see this place meltdown. I always enjoy when jimmies are rustled.

With that in mind...

MAKE SURE FANTASY ENTRIES ARE COMPLETED BEFORE QUALIFYING.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 12:20:00 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I'm very excited for Canada this weekend.

The schedule is at a normal time for us Colonists, it's home of one of the best races ever (2011), it's fast, it has the wall of champions, and Hamilton always does well there. I mention that last point because I'll bee cheering on HAM for the win just to see this place meltdown. I always enjoy when jimmies are rustled.

With that in mind...

MAKE SURE FANTASY ENTRIES ARE COMPLETED BEFORE QUALIFYING.
View Quote

Eh... go assfuck yourself with a pitchfork.

I always enjoy Canada, I think it's a cool track, was definitely the best street track until Singapore came along, and I enjoyed the hell out of my trip there in 2004, much MUCH better than Indy.. and Canadian girls like Americans, A LOT in some cases.

And yes my friends... in the right circles, a Ferrari shirt and a Stetson will get you laid.  

Link Posted: 6/4/2014 1:13:08 AM EDT
[#49]

I always enjoy Canada, I think it's a cool track, was definitely the best street track until Singapore came along, and I enjoyed the hell out of my trip there in 2004, much MUCH better than Indy.. and Canadian girls like Americans, A LOT in some cases.
View Quote

Just a reminder of what a fun track Canada can be.

Link Posted: 6/4/2014 1:24:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 100
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top