Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cars out of the way!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How the hell does THIS not bring out a safety car?

Cars out of the way!

I propose a rule change for next year. Let's leave the cars out on track. Get the drivers out safely, but leave the scattered remains out!

Should make for some interesting "chicanes". Passing abound, slowing the cars down... Death Race!!

Link Posted: 5/25/2014 9:36:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Would love to see him pass just to see this thread melt down (and for the fantasy points!).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hamilton's coming...

Would love to see him pass just to see this thread melt down (and for the fantasy points!).

Nope....he has a bitches headache.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 9:37:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Psssh, who needs depth perception at Monaco!! Suck it up buttercup!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 9:39:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hamilton's coming...

Something happened to him?  I don't understand Spanish, so I have no idea other than he said he can't see out of his left eye.

Link Posted: 5/25/2014 9:40:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah great.

We just beat the record.

Most boring race of the year...

A looooong ZzzzzZzzzzzZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 9:40:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Migraine?
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 9:44:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Migraine?
View Quote

Yeah, of the Scottie Pippen, Drama Queen variety.

I'll bet he blames the team for hiding something in his helmet.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 9:46:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Ricciardo catching Hamilton would be...well earned.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 9:46:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Migraine?

Nah, it was Rosburg. He flicked a booger out of the cockpit towards Hamilton.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 9:48:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Kimi.

This year you suck

Big time
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 9:48:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Kimi in the pits after contact again.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 9:49:57 AM EDT
[#12]
"Dear lord, please, please, regardless of my fantasy predictions, have Marussia score some championship points."
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 9:52:16 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm amazed Alonso has stayed awake.  Apart from Safety Cars, he hasn't had anyone in sight in either direction.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 9:53:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Come on Dan-Ric, throw the car at him!  
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 9:54:54 AM EDT
[#15]
This Post Race Interview is going to be EPIC!  I hope they have a box of Kleenex at hand.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 9:55:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

"Dear lord, please, please, regardless of my fantasy predictions, have Marussia score some championship points."
View Quote
What was the penalty on the Marussia for?

Link Posted: 5/25/2014 9:58:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably just for being Marussia
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 10:05:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They took their 5 second stop/go under the safety car.

5 Seconds will be added to the end, but still in the points!!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 10:07:04 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ouch

Link Posted: 5/25/2014 10:08:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Nico Rosberg looks delighted as he hoists his winners' trophy aloft on the red steps of this unusual podium in Monaco. Lewis Hamilton can hardly raise a smile.
View Quote

Interesting that Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg didn't make eye contact or shake hands after that race. The cracks in the relationship just got a little bit bigger.
View Quote

That's the spirit Lewis!  Keep up that petulant, unprofessional behavior!
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 10:15:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Nico Rosberg looks delighted as he hoists his winners' trophy aloft on the red steps of this unusual podium in Monaco. Lewis Hamilton can hardly raise a smile.

Interesting that Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg didn't make eye contact or shake hands after that race. The cracks in the relationship just got a little bit bigger.

Vision problems...

He couldnt see himself winning the race.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 10:16:27 AM EDT
[#22]
In a fit of extreme idiocy they cut away to local news here in Miami.

Who in the FUCK cares about news, much less local news
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 10:19:49 AM EDT
[#23]
The comment sections on all of the English language F1 Boards ought to be a LAFF-RIOT today.

The news conference with the top three has started with the print journalists. Lewis Hamilton says his Ayrton Senna reference on Saturday was "just a joke", reports Andrew Benson.
View Quote

Mouth running but unable to select brain.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 10:58:01 AM EDT
[#24]
"Hey Pastor, how was the race?"

Link Posted: 5/25/2014 11:16:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Pastor just does not look like a fun person to be around. At all.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 11:34:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Going from SkySportsF1 coverage to ABC Indy coverage is night and day.

You would think the losers of Indy are killed based on how dramatic it is.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 12:14:54 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Yeah great.

We just beat the record.

Most boring race of the year...

A looooong ZzzzzZzzzzzZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz
View Quote

Monaco is always boring, unless someones tires are about to give out, or it rains.

Link Posted: 5/25/2014 12:52:14 PM EDT
[#28]
two laps to go and they are throwing the blue passing flag at Hamilton to let the Red Bull pass!..

damn, Alonso is 4th but almost a minute back.

ed; over to Indy!

Link Posted: 5/25/2014 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Pastor just does not look like a fun person to be around. At all.
View Quote

Indeed.  And if he steps toward a motor vehicle..... Run!  
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Didn't get to see the post race stuff. Fuck you NBCSN, play the friggin' desert race in the middle of the night.

Hamilton tried to say he comment about taking out Rosberg ala Senna-Prost was a joke. Plus the whole trashing the team on the radio. Just drive the damn car and keep your piehole shut. I think if I was team principal I might say something like, "You're suspended for a race and we're going to let the test driver race your car. Ha, Ha, just kidding. No really, take a hike for the next month. Come back with a good attitude and no more bitching and belly aching about things above your pay grade."

When I was racing bikes, the guy I rode for told me one day, after bitching about the evil fucking KZ1000 I rode for him, that if I didn't have anything constructive to say that he could find a new rider with very little problem. We had a great relationship after that. I kept my mouth shut and he welded a gusset onto the steering head and added two dampers. That didn't change the frame from a flexi-flyer but at least I didn't have to deal with a broken down tubes. Much.

Hamilton has never had anyone tell him anything except that he's special. His lame comment about growing up sleeping on his father's couch versus Rosberg growing up in Monaco somehow makes him hungrier to win than Nico is total bullshit. His crap is really getting old. I'm really surprised that Merc is putting up with it. The Germans are not known for being tolerant of people who deviate from the plan.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 7:02:02 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Didn't get to see the post race stuff. Fuck you NBCSN, play the friggin' desert race in the middle of the night.

Hamilton tried to say he comment about taking out Rosberg ala Senna-Prost was a joke. Plus the whole trashing the team on the radio. Just drive the damn car and keep your piehole shut. I think if I was team principal I might say something like, "You're suspended for a race and we're going to let the test driver race your car. Ha, Ha, just kidding. No really, take a hike for the next month. Come back with a good attitude and no more bitching and belly aching about things above your pay grade."

When I was racing bikes, the guy I rode for told me one day, after bitching about the evil fucking KZ1000 I rode for him, that if I didn't have anything constructive to say that he could find a new rider with very little problem. We had a great relationship after that. I kept my mouth shut and he welded a gusset onto the steering head and added two dampers. That didn't change the frame from a flexi-flyer but at least I didn't have to deal with a broken down tubes. Much.

Hamilton has never had anyone tell him anything except that he's special. His lame comment about growing up sleeping on his father's couch versus Rosberg growing up in Monaco somehow makes him hungrier to win than Nico is total bullshit. His crap is really getting old. I'm really surprised that Merc is putting up with it. The Germans are not known for being tolerant of people who deviate from the plan.
View Quote

Agreed.. Nico earned his place moreso than Lewis did, via racing with midfield teams, and for Merc when they were crap for that matter.. If Lewis hadn't spent all those teenage years under Ron Dennis' desk, servicing him, he wouldn't even BE in F1.  I also seriously doubt it will be tolerated much longer from the Germans, especially with him 'airing the dirty laundry' over team radio today, considering they could put a retarded squirrel in the car and it would still win races.

Link Posted: 5/26/2014 4:06:02 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I propose a rule change for next year. Let's leave the cars out on track. Get the drivers out safely, but leave the scattered remains out!

Should make for some interesting "chicanes". Passing abound, slowing the cars down... Death Race!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cars out of the way!

Dynamic Race Track Layout

DRTL

Link Posted: 5/26/2014 5:41:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

DRTL

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cars out of the way!

DRTL

DRTL!! Of course. Bernie and folk love acronyms. Lets send him a proposal and petition for it. We should gather together and draw up some plans first. I propose we Maldonado for our lead speaker. He has the most crash experience at the moment. Then again, Kobayashi could possibly come up in second. Perhaps we name him some sort of Secretary.
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 9:02:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Didn't realize it until now, but Sauber still hasn't scored a point this year.

Huge drop off from previous years.
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 12:33:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

They lost hulk!

Sutil shoulf have scored points yesterday,  he was consistantly passing in the hair pin like last year, then he went boom.
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#36]
That wasn't the most interesting race.

Sucks that Bottas didn't finish.
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

They lost hulk!

Sutil shoulf have scored points yesterday,  he was consistantly passing in the hair pin like last year, then he went boom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They lost hulk!

I think Sauber's problems are more related to aero.  They were really hurt by the ban on EBDs.

They could easily go under if they don't score some points.  They need that Constructor's Championship cash.
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 3:01:58 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Agreed.. Nico earned his place moreso than Lewis did, via racing with midfield teams, and for Merc when they were crap for that matter.. If Lewis hadn't spent all those teenage years under Ron Dennis' desk, servicing him, he wouldn't even BE in F1.  I also seriously doubt it will be tolerated much longer from the Germans, especially with him 'airing the dirty laundry' over team radio today, considering they could put a retarded squirrel in the car and it would still win races.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

hamilton has a championship, rosberg does not.. rings mean something.

anyways, canada will be back to normal hamilton domination most likely.  the end of the season should be interesting..  hamilton runs nico off in the first corner of suzuka?

Link Posted: 5/26/2014 3:03:58 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
DRTL!! Of course. Bernie and folk love acronyms. Lets send him a proposal and petition for it. We should gather together and draw up some plans first. I propose we Maldonado for our lead speaker. He has the most crash experience at the moment. Then again, Kobayashi could possibly come up in second. Perhaps we name him some sort of Secretary.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cars out of the way!

DRTL

Kobay crashes because hes overly aggressive, cras..pastor crashes because he just sucks at driving moderately quick cars..

Link Posted: 5/26/2014 7:53:42 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

anyways, canada will be back to normal hamilton domination most likely.  the end of the season should be interesting..  hamilton runs nico off in the first corner of suzuka?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hamilton only has a championship because he got lucky with Glock.  I just can't fucking stand the guy for how he talks about his team and teammates when he's not on every podium that season.

Link Posted: 5/26/2014 9:48:38 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Like was said above, a championship that was gifted to him by someone not paying attention and pulling over for him. He won the championship by one point. If he and Massa had tied in points, like they were going to until Glock let him by, Massa would have won the Championship by virtue of having won more races than Hamilton. Since then, until this year with Merc, he's never done better than fourth in the drivers championship.

So a couple of articles on Live 24 racing (F1 iPhone app) indicate that things are not rosy in the Merc garage. Hamilton was told not to turn up the engine Spain to keep Rosberg and did any way. Toto Wolff said that a little rivalry between drivers is okay but the moment it goes in a direction that is not in the spirit of Mercedes Benz they will act accordingly. "For instance, what happened with the engine setting, that is never going to happen again."

Additionally Niki Lauda has expressed his displeasure with Hamilton's actions on the podium. He's going to have a talk with both drivers. What I'd give to hear that conversation.

Should be interesting to see how things go in Canada. Especially if Rosberg was doing well enough to have possibly overtaken in Spain. If Hamilton pulls a Senna-Prost accident, accidentally or otherwise he might end up with a timeout he doesn't want.

Link Posted: 5/27/2014 8:23:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Should be interesting to see how things go in Canada. Especially if Rosberg was doing well enough to have possibly overtaken in Spain. If Hamilton pulls a Senna-Prost accident, accidentally or otherwise he might end up with a timeout he doesn't want.

View Quote

+1

Talking up that shit was the stupidest thing he could have done.  He's basically assured that some action will HAVE to be taken against him in the event of an incident.

I think deep down though, Hamilton is a loser.  He'd rather talk about how it's everyone else's fault that he lost rather than just keep his head down and win.

I really hope Nico beats him to the WDC.  And I imagine that most of Mercedes feels the same way now.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 2:09:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Not quite sure what is going on.....but

via Twitter

Two people injured after car accident with DTM driver Pascal Wehrlein and Nico Rosberg
View Quote

Nico just issued an apology.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

via Twitter

View All Quotes
Quoted:

via Twitter

Two people injured after car accident with DTM driver Pascal Wehrlein and Nico Rosberg

Defender Benedikt Hoewedes and his Schalke teammate Julian Draxler were passengers in two vehicles driven by racing driver Pascal Wehrlein and Formula 1 driver Nico Rosberg when the accident took place.

The dpa news agency reports that two people were taken to hospital - one with serious injuries - after being struck by a car driven by Wehrlein.

Wehrlein and Rosberg were doing laps of a short circuit in the mountains near the German team's hotel in South Tyrol, northern Italy, when the accident occurred. Neither of the players nor the drivers were injured.

Local media reports said that a circuit marshal was one of the casualties.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

via Twitter

Defender Benedikt Hoewedes and his Schalke teammate Julian Draxler were passengers in two vehicles driven by racing driver Pascal Wehrlein and Formula 1 driver Nico Rosberg when the accident took place.

The dpa news agency reports that two people were taken to hospital - one with serious injuries - after being struck by a car driven by Wehrlein.

Wehrlein and Rosberg were doing laps of a short circuit in the mountains near the German team's hotel in South Tyrol, northern Italy, when the accident occurred. Neither of the players nor the drivers were injured.

Two injured in Pascal Wehrlein, Nico Rosberg promo event incident

"DTM racer Pascal Wehrlein has been involved in an incident
while with Formula 1 driver Nico Rosberg at a promotional event that
left two people injured.

The two were driving in separate cars on a
closed circuit in northern Italy for promotional filming in conjunction
with the German national football team when HWA Mercedes driver
Wehrlein hit two people who had walked onto the circuit."

How do you not hear several hundred horsepower coming? Feel bad for Pascal but damn...

Link Posted: 5/28/2014 11:17:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

"DTM racer Pascal Wehrlein has been involved in an incident while with Formula 1 driver Nico Rosberg at a promotional event that left two people injured.

The two were driving in separate cars on a closed circuit in northern Italy for promotional filming in conjunction with the German national football team when HWA Mercedes driver Wehrlein hit two people who had walked onto the circuit."

How do you not hear several hundred horsepower coming? Feel bad for Pascal but damn...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

via Twitter

"DTM racer Pascal Wehrlein has been involved in an incident while with Formula 1 driver Nico Rosberg at a promotional event that left two people injured.

The two were driving in separate cars on a closed circuit in northern Italy for promotional filming in conjunction with the German national football team when HWA Mercedes driver Wehrlein hit two people who had walked onto the circuit."

that significantly more informative narrative paints a very different picture of Rosberg's 'involvement'

damn reporters.

"Five Injured in Crash Involving Hamilton, Vettel, Webber, Kobayashi and Smith!  FILM AT 11 !"

"Jones, the driver of the #87 car, swerved into the barrier that then exploded because an underground gas line ruptured because Godzilla had pushed it up into the area.  FIVE INJURED!

Hamilton was in the paddock getting a massage, Vettel was seated in his car in parc ferme, Webber was in his condo overlooking the barrier area, Kobayashi was in Japan watching the event on television and Smith was the name on the back of the jacket of one of the cornerworkers three corners away."
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

+1

Talking up that shit was the stupidest thing he could have done.  He's basically assured that some action will HAVE to be taken against him in the event of an incident.

I think deep down though, Hamilton is a loser.  He'd rather talk about how it's everyone else's fault that he lost rather than just keep his head down and win.

I really hope Nico beats him to the WDC.  And I imagine that most of Mercedes feels the same way now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Totally agreed. My wife used to like Hamilton. Not this year.
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#48]
I think Hamilton is acting like an ass (actually, I think he's just an ass), but I have to ask:  without the Hamilton/Rosberg drama, what the heck else would there be to talk about this season?  How much Renault and Ferrari have sucked building the new power units?  How much Seb misses his sacrificial anode?  How in the world Maldonado is still allowed on a racetrack?
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 5:07:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I think Hamilton is acting like an ass (actually, I think he's just an ass), but I have to ask:  without the Hamilton/Rosberg drama, what the heck else would there be to talk about this season?  How much Renault and Ferrari have sucked building the new power units?  How much Seb misses his sacrificial anode?  How in the world Maldonado is still allowed on a racetrack?
View Quote

We could keep talking about how the once-proud Ferrari dynasty (who has two of the best drivers in F1) is flopping around like a carp on a hot sidewalk...
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 5:56:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

We could keep talking about how the once-proud Ferrari dynasty (who has two of the best drivers in F1) is flopping around like a carp on a hot sidewalk...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page / 100
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top