Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:25:00 AM EDT
[#1]
While it wouldn't be a fun task to move the company, isn't this kind of like pleading with the king to allow you to stay, and in return, you'll fill the state coffers with tax dollars, from manufacturing something they don't believe citizens have a right to own?

They may not pass H.B. 1224, this time around, but it's going to keep coming up, over and over, and over, because the leaders simply don't believe in what Magpul is making.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:25:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Cue that clapping guy in the theater gif.  

Sucks they even have to spend the money to defend constitutionally protected rights though.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm glad the industry is starting to push back. Colorado doesn't really want to miss out on taxes and jobs do they?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:26:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
If you want to sway liberals' opinion, you don't appeal to their emotions, but make a case on hard-headed economics!

Oh, wait, were you serious?

No.  Liberals don't give a fuck about economics.  They'll sit around and watch their states and cities collapse before they do things like pass right to work laws, switch to defined contribution retirement plans, lower taxes or permit resource development.  They love Obama in spite of the economic carnage we've been suffering through for 4 years now. They hate Governor Walker's guts in Wisconsin even though he competently managed their state.  But he did it by defying their self-destructive ideology.  Oil pays for something like 90% of Alaska's state government, but liberals here fight any further oil development because of global warming junk science.  

So when I see Magpul spending a lot of money on a full page ad appealing to economics and common sense, I can just see the scowling liberal reading that and saying "Good!  I want them to leave my state!"

Rats, I must calibrate my Sarcasm Detector. It was giving flaky readings.

I hope the legislature comes to its senses. That would be the best outcome for everyone.

We moved a commercial printing plant across the highway about 10 years ago. Output will be negatively affected at a time when it is most required.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:27:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh hells yeah...

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:28:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
You guys are welcome here in Texas!  

How about we work on keeping them in CO and fighting back these ridiculous laws?

THAT! The laws are gonna get ridiculous out here. Hopefully people start to use common sense and learn about firearms before making an idiotic desicion.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:29:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
While it wouldn't be a fun task to move the company, isn't this kind of like pleading with the king to allow you to stay, and in return, you'll fill the state coffers with tax dollars, from manufacturing something they don't believe citizens have a right to own?

They may not pass H.B. 1224, this time around, but it's going to keep coming up, over and over, and over, because the leaders simply don't believe in what Magpul is making.

I think this was a plea to the citizens, not the government.  If the citizens don't care, then there is no hope for the government to care.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:29:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:29:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Fuck the Commiefornia invaders..

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:30:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Magpul's status has been elevated to to Tier fucking 1
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:30:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Excellent

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:30:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't understand how taking out an add in a paper is going to overcome a sniper majority of brain dead hippies.

Oddly enough magpul thought it was cute to mfg mags in the heart of hippyland and now they are essentially getting thrown out of the state by those same hippies. Oh well, peak pmag tomorrow at 12 noon EST.

Ten years ago Colorado wasn't hippy central. It wasn't until recently all the hippies fled California after they fucked that state up and infiltrated out from Tellyourweird (Teluride) to screw Colorado up. Sadly it's why the hubby and I can never go back. Don't get me wrong Texas is great, and we'd welcome you here in a heartbeat Magpul, but we do miss the mountains and the snow sometimes.

This guy gets it!  This is a copy of a recent post of mine analyzing the spead of the left wing/progressive/Marxist cancer:

In case you have not noticed that RED & BLUE election map Colorado has been a BLUE state for the last several national elections.

I suspect from all the left wing/progressive garbage from California, NY or the upper midwest blue states! They're like a cancer or a plague of locusts. After they have destroyed their home states they seek a more conservative red state. After many years and they're are enough of them their new "location" will start to resemble the place they came from (culturally, politically, etc.). It becomes a shit hole!

The crap that moved out from NYC has destroyed Long Island. That along with all the third world vermin that has invaded my State.

As a conservative my final act will be to move to Texas! And on the way out I will stand on the hood of my truck and piss all over the "Welcome to New York State" sign!

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:31:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:33:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The ad will probably end up being a waste of money, but it is cool anyway.

Fuck CO, maybe Magpul should go to Texas. That state is likely where we will make our last stand at some point.

CORRECT!  I have been saying this for years.  Going on a real estate looking venture for 2 weeks this summer. McKinney Texas!

Got to get away from the brain dead liberal vermin up here!
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:33:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Give em hell Magpul!

In the spirit of what's been going on with your company as of late, you should change your name to Reardon Steel dba Magpul Industries...

Seconded!
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#16]
well done, we support you!
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:35:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Keep up the good fight.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:35:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
If you want to sway liberals' opinion, you don't appeal to their emotions, but make a case on hard-headed economics!

Oh, wait, were you serious?

No.  Liberals don't give a fuck about economics.  They'll sit around and watch their states and cities collapse before they do things like pass right to work laws, switch to defined contribution retirement plans, lower taxes or permit resource development.  They love Obama in spite of the economic carnage we've been suffering through for 4 years now. They hate Governor Walker's guts in Wisconsin even though he competently managed their state.  But he did it by defying their self-destructive ideology.  Oil pays for something like 90% of Alaska's state government, but liberals here fight any further oil development because of global warming junk science.  

So when I see Magpul spending a lot of money on a full page ad appealing to economics and common sense, I can just see the scowling liberal reading that and saying "Good!  I want them to leave my state!"

You are correct sir!  They are destructive and beyond stupid!  That is why I am making plans to leave this shit hole of state.  Going to Texas!  

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:39:39 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Um, I don't own any Pmags but I'll buy some if you move out of Colorado?

I'd rather you keep your money.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm from Colorado...

and although I don't live there currently, I have all my family calling and writing their Representatives

Colorado is a great place... quickly losing its goodness through utter idiocy.

Keep fighting Magpul... but if they do it... Move. I will certainly support your business if you stand up for what is right.

States need to understand that their stupidity and short sightedness really do matter.

Let them hug an empty warehouse and manufacturing facility right along with their trees.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:40:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I think this was a plea to the citizens, not the government.  If the citizens don't care, then there is no hope for the government to care.

The people that don't work there, do not care. And, your typical 18-15 year old, doesn't read the newspaper, nor subscribes to it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:42:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This guy gets it!  This is a copy of a recent post of mine analyzing the spead of the left wing/progressive/Marxist cancer:

In case you have not noticed that RED & BLUE election map Colorado has been a BLUE state for the last several national elections.

I suspect from all the left wing/progressive garbage from California, NY or the upper midwest blue states! They're like a cancer or a plague of locusts. After they have destroyed their home states they seek a more conservative red state. After many years and they're are enough of them their new "location" will start to resemble the place they came from (culturally, politically, etc.). It becomes a shit hole!

The crap that moved out from NYC has destroyed Long Island. That along with all the third world vermin that has invaded my State.

As a conservative my final act will be to move to Texas! And on the way out I will stand on the hood of my truck and piss all over the "Welcome to New York State" sign!

Think of this as a picture of metastasizing basal cell carcinoma.

we are truly fooked.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Keep up the good work Magpul!
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't understand how taking out an add in a paper is going to overcome a sniper majority of brain dead hippies.

Oddly enough magpul thought it was cute to mfg mags in the heart of hippyland and now they are essentially getting thrown out of the state by those same hippies. Oh well, peak pmag tomorrow at 12 noon EST.

Says the guy in PA...  a state that has done as much to destroy America as any place, by sending shithead Dems to DC decade after decade.

While their citizenrys asses are permanently fusion welded to their couches.  At least we're up and fighting!  Way to get off the couch PA!

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
this makes me even more proud to own magpul products. magpul belongs in a free state.

+1

we need a "saluting" animation...

+1
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:43:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Nice!

Molon Labe!

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:45:31 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I sincerely hope Magpul, and the good people of Colorado win their fight.  However, if they do not....

LOL...  at you guys who think that anybody leaves the Rocky Mountain West and goes to Mississippi or Wisconsin or Texas.

LOL.

If Magpul likes Boulder, than Boise, St George or Flagstaff might be good choices.

Yeah LOL, let's move from Erie Colorado to Twiddle Your Ballsack USA!

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:47:29 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Even if you win & they don't pass it this time, the millions paid to the libs in taxes will be used against you, always. Why give them ammunition they will use to try & kill you? Make a move to where you will be appreciated, rather than simply tolerated until they can crush you.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do. Just remember, they will never, ever stop. Never.

Says the guy form the state that elected "Ma Richards" as governor.  Can't happen there right?

ETA: TOTALLY worthy of post 556!

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:49:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Even if you win & they don't pass it this time, the millions paid to the libs in taxes will be used against you, always. Why give them ammunition they will use to try & kill you? Make a move to where you will be appreciated, rather than simply tolerated until they can crush you.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do. Just remember, they will never, ever stop. Never.

Says the guy form the state that elected "Ma Richards" as governor.  Can't happen there right?

You need to take some midol or something man.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:49:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Awesome! I got an email from them and it stated that due to the nature of their business, I'm assuming the way their product is produced, it would not be that big a deal for them to relocate. I don't believe they're BS'ing about moving.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:51:44 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You need to take some midol or something man.

Home of Harry Reid.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:51:46 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

excellent! this is war, ..time to start acting like it!

Agreed. And we have to hold the politicians accountable for this mess. All of them

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:52:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Way to go Magpul.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:53:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:54:19 AM EDT
[#37]
While I fully support Magpul and their efforts to fight back to stay in Colorado, I do think the fix is in and this is as good as a done deal... fuck the consequences... it is just how libtards operate, they don't give one rat's ass about economics as long as they can say "we done something"... I do think in the end the voters of CO will show them the error of their ways, but by then it will be too late and Magpul will have packed up and left for greener pastures.

With that said... I hear Texas is nice!
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:54:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Colorado and Boulder was my home before Magpul. Somethings just grow where they are at.

I wish more companies would take a stand, and we are seeing some of them do so. I know that whatever happens Magpul will always be on my list of products to buy.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:56:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:57:56 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Give em hell Magpul!

In the spirit of what's been going on with your company as of late, you should change your name to Reardon Steel dba Magpul Industries...

LOL this line from that book keeps coming back to me...

Dagny reaches a long distance phone to call Eddie. Eddie is panicked, his words foreboding, "I think they're planning to kill Colorado."

Atlas Shrugged Part 1 -Chapter 10 -Section 2

You know it is quite prophetic that we are seeing Atlas Shrugged happen LIVE right before our eyes...  Ayn Rand was a brilliant lady, she see the problems... and gave us a solution.  Now if we follow her lead I think we can turn the tide.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:59:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Cheers Magpul!
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Thank you Magpul for fighting the good fight!

More letters outbound.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:00:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Fight!!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:00:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://freedomslighthouse.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/2012electoralcountybycountymap111612web.jpg

we are truly fooked.

Look on the south border of Texas.  

It will get worse for Texas.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:00:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I sincerely hope Magpul, and the good people of Colorado win their fight.  However, if they do not....

LOL...  at you guys who think that anybody leaves the Rocky Mountain West and goes to Mississippi or Wisconsin or Texas.

LOL.

If Magpul likes Boulder, than Boise, St George or Flagstaff might be good choices.

Why is that funny?  I can't speak for TX or WI, but MS is a damn good state.  Toyota, Nissan and Winchester thinks the same.   It's magpuls decision to make.  I wouldn't cross off any free state in weighing the pros and cons.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:01:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Nice!

Molon Labe!

What he said!
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Good job, Magpul.  Makes me want to take my pmags out to the range.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:04:34 AM EDT
[#48]
If Colorado becomes a lost cause, which truly hope does not become the case.  Look west towards Utah, nice fully red state, and it sends a big F U to Colorado legislators.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:04:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://freedomslighthouse.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/2012electoralcountybycountymap111612web.jpg

we are truly fooked.

Look on the south border of Texas.  

It will get worse for Texas.

Yep. Texans are full of themselves. Their gun laws aren't outstanding like they say they are and their demographics are rapidly changing.

If I were Magpul, Texas would definitely not be a state I'd consider moving to.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Keep up the good fight.

Molón ŁàbĘ
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top