Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Magpul, I'm going to call you on Monday. I have a proposition.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:05:51 AM EDT
[#2]
IMO, the legislature has made their financial impact calculations, and don't care if Magpul leaves.  It would have been an easy thing to add a few words exempting manufacturers, but they chose not to do so.

If I ran Magpul, I'd be very actively lining up a new production facility elsewhere, and would move at least part of my production even of the bill did not pass... somewhere in a right to work state that would also give favorable tax treatment.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:06:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:07:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

IMO, the legislature has made their financial impact calculations, and don't care if Magpul leaves.  It would have been an easy thing to add a few words exempting manufacturers, but they chose not to do so.

If I ran Magpul, I'd be very actively lining up a new production facility elsewhere, and would move at least part of my production even of the bill did not pass... somewhere in a right to work state that would also give favorable tax treatment.

There is a manufacturing exemption.  The House Judiciary Committee chair was very, very shocked that Magpul would leave and insisted on there being a manufacturing exemption.

Magpul has stated (and good on them!) that they will leave CO regardless of an exemption and will be doing so on philosophical reasons.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:08:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:08:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Awesome work Magpul. You've been very inspiring during this whole debacle and, regardless of what happens, people will remember that you stood up for the Second Amendment in Colorado.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

There is a manufacturing exemption.  The House Judiciary Committee chair was very, very shocked that Magpul would leave and insisted on there being a manufacturing exemption.

Magpul has stated (and good on them!) that they will leave CO regardless of an exemption and will be doing so on philosophical reasons.

It's because legislators cannot see past their own noses.  How dare anyone not just bend over and enjoy what the all knowing legislators want to give to them!
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:09:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Lived in Colorado Springs for about 25yrs. Glad I moved back to Missouri where I grew up, after I retired. That place was getting overrun by Cali-tards every day.
Don't own any Magpul Mags yet, but now I know I'm gonna own some---if I can find any.
Would love to read that Ad----how about a digital print?
Oh! Missouri has some very green Pastures to move to, but I understand about putting up the Good Fight.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:09:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And that folks is how you do it. Now if only Remington would follow that example.

For the life of me I haven't figured out why firearms manufacturers stay in states which impose strict bans or laws against there customer base.....

Ruger
Mossberg
Nef
Remington
Hr
Colt
Stag
Yhm
Just to name a few....

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:09:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like Magpul told them to suck  a 30 rounder
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:10:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's because legislators cannot see past their own noses.  How dare anyone not just bend over and enjoy what the all knowing legislators want to give to them!

That's about right.  I mean, he was visibly shocked that Magpul would leave.

And he claimed that he wouldn't vote for the bill without a manufacturing amendment.  

I can imagine that he's having a hard time fathoming that someone would stand on principle and leave even though they're exempted. "But we gave them an exemption!!"

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:10:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Awesome!

If the bill does pass, Texas would be happy to have you!
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:11:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Nice!

Molon Labe!

FPNI.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:11:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:11:36 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If that is the case, then it looks like my feeling that I have enough Magpul is incorrect, and I shall have to patronize that fine business some more.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:11:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Nice
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:12:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:13:11 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And he claimed that he wouldn't vote for the bill without a manufacturing amendment.  

I can imagine that he's having a hard time fathoming that someone would stand on principle and leave even though they're exempted. "But we gave them an exemption!!"

Magpul understands that that exemption is just a promise to have their figurative throat slit last.  Good for them.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:13:35 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

We ain't full of ourselves, but we damn sure do have the fastest growing areas in the nation - I'm sure that's a fluke.

Colorado used to have the fastest growing areas in the nation and you can see what that got us.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:14:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Will pre-move pmags become collector items?
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:15:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yep.  Corrupt, scum sucking politicians can't imagine anyone standing on principle.  

I hope yall manage to fight off the gun grabbers in CO, but if you don't I look forward to Magpul very publicly letting these morons know that their actions have consequences.  

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:15:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't understand how taking out an add in a paper is going to overcome a sniper majority of brain dead hippies.

Oddly enough magpul thought it was cute to mfg mags in the heart of hippyland and now they are essentially getting thrown out of the state by those same hippies. Oh well, peak pmag tomorrow at 12 noon EST.

Colorado and Boulder was my home before Magpul. Somethings just grow where they are at.

Are the magazines molded in CO, or are they made elsewhere?

All of our magazines currently are molded in Colorado.

I do not own any of your magazines YET.   If things wind up very bad for the law abiding gun owners of Colorado then you should consider relocating.  I will  be moving to Texas in the next few years.  I will purchase your products when I am once again a free man.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Is it just me or is Magpul just the shit!
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:15:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:16:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am a fan of your work NoloContendere.

Send me an IM and I will give you my direct line to call.

Done.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:17:10 AM EDT
[#26]

Hope to see similar actions by Rock River and DPMS.  Texas will not only welcome all gun mfgs.and mfgs. like Magpul  but we may even donate some land and give them a tax break.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:17:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Shit just got real,  yo

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:17:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:
If you want to sway liberals' opinion, you don't appeal to their emotions, but make a case on hard-headed economics!

This.  

Still doesn't work, they don't recognize economics.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:19:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:19:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
If you want to sway liberals' opinion, you don't appeal to their emotions, but make a case on hard-headed economics!

This.  

Still doesn't work, they don't recognize economics.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:21:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Godspeed.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:21:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Do you guys pay your assembly guys piece rate?

Oh, and can you triple your shipments to DSG until my order ships?  
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:22:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Awesome! I got an email from them and it stated that due to the nature of their business, I'm assuming the they way their product is produced, it would not be that big a deal for them to relocate. I don't believe they're BS'ing about moving.

This is to do with the way we have set up our production to be flexible across many vendors and subcontractors. We own the material and processing technology along with the molds but we lease our buildings and use subcontractors who have the sunk costs in heavy machinery.

All our processes are documented so moving molds and technology to new subcontractors in a different state is relatively painless. We even have built in redundancy in our molding that will allow near zero downtime in production while the items like the PMags are being moved.

We were going to sign a lease on a new 100,000 square foot building here that would have hurt us bad, but all this came down just a week before we were due to sign so we were able hold off until we know what is going to happen.

Thanks for breaking it down!
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:24:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Magpul understands that that exemption is just a promise to have their figurative throat slit last.  Good for them.

Well, I guess I haven't kept up to date with the bill then.  It makes me like Magpul even more now that I know that.  Remainder still stands though -  I'd diversify to another state just to be prepared for the next time.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:25:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This guy gets it!  This is a copy of a recent post of mine analyzing the spead of the left wing/progressive/Marxist cancer:

In case you have not noticed that RED & BLUE election map Colorado has been a BLUE state for the last several national elections.

I suspect from all the left wing/progressive garbage from California, NY or the upper midwest blue states! They're like a cancer or a plague of locusts. After they have destroyed their home states they seek a more conservative red state. After many years and they're are enough of them their new "location" will start to resemble the place they came from (culturally, politically, etc.). It becomes a shit hole!

The crap that moved out from NYC has destroyed Long Island. That along with all the third world vermin that has invaded my State.

As a conservative my final act will be to move to Texas! And on the way out I will stand on the hood of my truck and piss all over the "Welcome to New York State" sign!

Think of this as a picture of metastasizing basal cell carcinoma.

http://freedomslighthouse.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/2012electoralcountybycountymap111612web.jpg

we are truly fooked.

Look on the south border of Texas.  

You are correct!  If Texas doe not act on its own to control the invasion of these 3rd world parasites then it WILL become a blue State eventually.  These partasites will drain you dry like they did to Mexifornia (Calexico), New York,  and every other place they have fled to sponge off the backs of the gringo!  When they can breed like rats out of wedlock, use the emergency rooms as their primary care physician, overwhelm the schools with their bastard children, scam every welfare/entitlement program, work for cash, send their money back home, and then thank us by speaking Spanish!  Then they vote Democrat to ensure that they continue to be parasites!  if we do not eviscerate the welfare state they will consume  us!

The federal government is actively encouraging illegal third world immigration and is undermining US border states who try to protect themselves.  It's all about demographic change.  The federal  governement embraces our destruction.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:26:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Should MagPul decide to relocate into Texas I sure would like to come to work for you.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:26:59 AM EDT
[#37]

Excellent decision. Now join the other manufacturers in solidarity by not selling to LEO if you can't sell to the citizens! Standing together shoulder to shoulder is the only way through this.

Please move to Texas!
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:28:35 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I sincerely pray it does not come down to that.   But if it does, please remember that TEXAS is open for business!

This.

I would love to see Magpul move to Texas, but, I would rather you guys stay in a free Colorado because it means one more state that values freedom and the Constitution.

Good luck and God Bless!
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Well done.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:35:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Is anyone able to read the small print of the ad in the picture?

Is there a better way to read the announcement?

Maybe if I switch from my tablet tho my laptop...
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Magpul, you thought you had a stampede of demand for your products before!

Do you have any stock I can buy?
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:43:40 AM EDT
[#42]
This morning I heard several ads on Colorado Springs radio 99.9 FM opposing HB 1224 (Magazine capacity restriction).  It is by Colorado Citizens for Protection of the Constitution (or something like that).  It mentions the loss of 200 jobs in Erie Colorado, $100M in tourism, hunting impacts, etc.

Please take a few days off from asking Magpul to move to your state and email the Colorado House before Monday (final House vote?).  If you are out of state, you can state that you will make trips elsewhere.

[email protected]; [email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected];
[email protected]; [email protected]

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:52:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Nice ad.   Very cool of them to do this.

Really hoping for everybody's Plan A to work, hopefully there can be enough public pressure to shelve this b.s.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
And that folks is how you do it. Now if only Remington would follow that example.

For the life of me I haven't figured out why firearms manufacturers stay in states which impose strict bans or laws against there customer base.....

Ruger
Mossberg
Nef
Remington
Hr
Colt
Stag
Yhm
Just to name a few....

Ruger is in NH, and we have some of the best firearms laws in the country, by far.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:53:44 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

This morning I heard several ads on Colorado Springs radio 99.9 FM opposing HB 1224 (Magazine capacity restriction).  It is by Colorado Citizens for Protection of the Constitution (or something like that).  It mentions the loss of 200 jobs in Erie Colorado, $100M in tourism, hunting impacts, etc.

Please take a few days off from asking Magpul to move to your state and email the Colorado House before Monday (final House vote?).  If you are out of state, you can state that you will make trips elsewhere.

[email protected];

[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected];

[email protected]; [email protected]

3rd time I have hit this list  Might have to do it again before the end of the day!

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:54:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

SHIT JUST GOT REAL!
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Proud to own significant amounts of Magpul products.  Keep fighting the good fight!
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:56:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Nice!
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:56:50 AM EDT
[#49]
If this is passed into law...with a presumed effective date of 1 July 2013...can it be challenged in court and prevented from being enforced until the lawsuit is settled?
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Magpul,

Might I suggest, if you have to move, having a direct-sales event in Colorado.  Say, cash only, no limits.  Sell as many mags as you can before the bill is signed into law.

Doesn't have to be discounted.  Just a big "FU" to the state Dems.

And you'll have less product to move!
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top