Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 11:10:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok a few from the last couple days. Guatemala and Mexico border....Palenque....and some señoritas.

Link Posted: 5/8/2014 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Rode almost 140 miles yesterday after work. Weather was perfect
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Looks like an awesome trip.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 9:25:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Urinal with a view.

The view

Gas prices in Ecuador. No conversion since price is in gallons and they use US dollars

Link Posted: 5/11/2014 8:56:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Awesome place to take a leak

Any idea on how fuel so cheap there?
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 10:36:06 AM EDT
[#6]
We worked on a few skills yesterday. Practiced picking the bike up and looking through the turn.

Link Posted: 5/11/2014 2:02:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Is that thing a hard tail?

I love the fat tires.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 8:01:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes its a hard tail. Those fat tires look cool but could sure use more tread on the edge. Its a low siding machine
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Awesome place to take a leak

Any idea on how fuel so cheap there?
View Quote

I have heard the fuel is subsidized. Also in neighboring Venezuela I hear gas is 18 cents a gallon. When the government there tried to raise prices they had a riot. I'm not sure yet if I will go that direction Venezuela is a little sketchy at the moment.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 8:47:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Stay safe man
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 10:04:03 PM EDT
[#11]

My son has the same one. It's a tough little thing.

Link Posted: 5/16/2014 7:42:11 PM EDT
[#12]
This is near lomo de lachay about an hour north of lima, Peru.

Link Posted: 5/16/2014 7:46:01 PM EDT
[#13]
This was yesterday. The city of Trujillo,  Peru from atop the temple of arco iris

Link Posted: 5/16/2014 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm enjoying the pictures, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 9:59:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm enjoying the pictures, thanks.
View Quote

This!

I've been riding a bit but mostly just for transportation so no new cool pics yet. Hopefully this weekend will bring on some fun.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 12:13:36 AM EDT
[#16]
I ate shit pretty hard in a southern peru a couple days ago. As of now I am fine and the bike is fine. It sucks because as you can see from my other photos peru is wide open desert. Anyway I was cruising over a hill when all of a sudden there was a construction barrel in the center of my lane. I ended up center punching it at about 75 mph. The barrel flew off into the dunes. My handle bars went back and forth and I quickly lost control. After hitting the ground and doing a few barrel rolls I could see my bike sliding and sparks flying off it only a few feet away.

Finally it stopped. I ran to my bike, picked it up and made sure she started. She was good except for the front shock. I'm good, it messed up my gear though. Makes me glad I spent a small fortune on it.

My wifi is weak. I will post more when I can but I am fine.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 12:17:40 AM EDT
[#17]
She leaking.

Gear is torn up but saved me.

Location. Yeah I slid for a while.

These dudes straightened my bike out.

Back on the road the next day

Checked out the Nazca lines

Tonight in Arequipa

Link Posted: 5/23/2014 10:18:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Took me forever to find decent wifi. Had to go to a restaurant.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 10:44:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Glad you're OK. Are you going to patch up your gear with duct tape? I assume you didn't bring a spare jacket, et cetera.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 10:49:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Glad you're OK. Are you going to patch up your gear with duct tape? I assume you didn't bring a spare jacket, et cetera.
View Quote

I might be selling the bike here or in bolivia in which case I will send it home for proper repairs. Otherwise yeah duct tape or have a local throw some patches on it. Should be fairly cheap.
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 7:22:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Wow I'm glad you're ok and its pretty cool that they were able to fix your bike so quick. Looks like you're still having the ride of a lifetime.
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 7:33:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Did some great riding the other day through south central MO.
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 9:08:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Rode a couple hours today in Central PA. Some street riding on the Hawk, some dirt riding on the TW. It was a nice day to ride.

Link Posted: 5/25/2014 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Rode to our county seat for a visit to our Veterans Memorial Park and stopped by a place known as Chinqua Penn. An old mansion that was a tourists attraction untill the last couple of years. Its closed now and been parted out. I wanted to have a look around but its gates were locked up tight.

And I stopped by our old courthouse which they closed a couple years ago after our uber million dollar revenue recovery court house was built.

Link Posted: 5/26/2014 1:31:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Did a run with some local folks from Sacramento,  down 49,  108 over the pass ( pic ) up 395 to 4 back over ( and this where my ride ended ).  

Some asshat decided to run me into oncoming traffic rather than let me pass,  my poor Husky is dead,  gone, seriously fucked,  it decided it needed to launch an Audi A4 about 3 feet into the air ( this is what I was told,  I was sliding down the road and missed it,  )

I'm just sore where I landed on my shoulder and me left ankle when my foot contacted the cars bumper.

A buddy will be sending me a pic of my bike later.  

Last ( whole ) pic of my beloved 23,000 mile 610sm

ETA,   she's dead Jim.

Link Posted: 5/26/2014 3:41:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Nice pics! Recently around the local Bavarian, Austrian and Italian Alps:

Link Posted: 5/26/2014 5:16:09 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Did a run with some local folks from Sacramento,  down 49,  108 over the pass ( pic ) up 395 to 4 back over ( and this where my ride ended ).  

View Quote

Some asshat decided to run me into oncoming traffic rather than let me pass,  my poor Husky is dead,  gone, seriously fucked,  it decided it needed to launch an Audi A4 about 3 feet into the air ( this is what I was told,  I was sliding down the road and missed it,  )

I'm just sore where I landed on my shoulder and me left ankle when my foot contacted the cars bumper.

ETA,   she's dead Jim.

Damn fella, Glad you made it through it alive. I know it hurts seeing your girl all broken like that. BTDT. Hope the asshat that forced that situation dies a painful and miserable death from ass and mouth cancer

Link Posted: 5/26/2014 4:06:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Took a quick trip up to the BRP. Nice section of curves on 58 between Stuart VA and Meadows of Dan. A lot of traffic out and the locals up there know its a good time for Garage/yard sales. But all in all it was a good 3 hr ride. I didn't take many pictures because I have taken many in that area over the years. I did stop to get a shot of these horses out to pasture. Opportunities like this remind me I need a nicer camera.

Link Posted: 5/26/2014 11:12:26 PM EDT
[#29]
took in a quick ride to the Willamette Fall, Oregon City, OR
Bike is behind me, away from the 75' cliff...

Link Posted: 5/27/2014 7:00:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Another pic with the Audi ( this is not the guy that ran me off the road/into the Audi,  CHP is looking for that guy right now )

Link Posted: 5/27/2014 7:34:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Another pic with the Audi ( this is not the guy that ran me off the road/into the Audi,  CHP is looking for that guy right now )

<a href="http://s168.photobucket.com/user/Pinepig/media/ooops_zpsbef96cb4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u197/Pinepig/ooops_zpsbef96cb4.jpg</a>
View Quote

How were you alongside the Audi on that road?  Or you were coming the opposite direction?
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s168.photobucket.com/user/Pinepig/media/IMG_20140525_115742_zps0vamdfb1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u197/Pinepig/IMG_20140525_115742_zps0vamdfb1.jpg</a>

ETA,   she's dead Jim.

<a href="http://s168.photobucket.com/user/Pinepig/media/IMG_20140525_145418_883_zps08fbb781.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u197/Pinepig/IMG_20140525_145418_883_zps08fbb781.jpg</a>

View Quote

Damn man

Glad you're doing alright.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#33]

Awesome pics of some beautiful country.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 11:06:13 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
How were you alongside the Audi on that road?  Or you were coming the opposite direction?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

<a href="http://s168.photobucket.com/user/Pinepig/media/ooops_zpsbef96cb4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u197/Pinepig/ooops_zpsbef96cb4.jpg</a>

Opposite direction,  I was heading up the road you see.   The guy in the Audi had backed up off my bike seeing if his car was OK,  that's as far he got.  

I'm up there in that shady spot sitting up against the hillside,  I hobbled up there as it was pretty warm in the sun,  I came to a sliding stop in that ditch about 10 yards short of the shade.
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 11:53:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Lake Titicaca and the town of Puno, Peru

Link Posted: 5/31/2014 12:36:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Forgot to post these earlier...

From a trip to Daytona Beach two weeks ago...

We were able to make it to Cape Canaveral to watch a Delta IV rocket launch...

Huge friggin' calzone from Jerry's Italian Tiki Bar...

Link Posted: 6/1/2014 8:59:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Bikes on the beach
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#38]

Rode to St Louis yesterday with the GF and a friend. Downtown road construction made getting bike pics with the arch a little interesting

The ride and weather was great though.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 2:44:56 AM EDT
[#39]
The Speck-Alm (Bacon alpine cabin) at 4600 feet elevation yesterday.

There was a motorcycle GTG at the Wallleralm  alpine cabin across. When I took off in Munich around 1000 hours the weather was beautiful, the closer I got to the mountains the more clouds I got. I ended up in rain and hail at 4000 feet but made my way up to the alp.

The food there rewarded me for all the bad weather on the way. Smoked ham and bacon, fresh bread and fresh butter.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 1:28:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Went and rode some twists through some state park land. Pulled off for a while and layed out in the grass by the little Spokane river on my leather jacket, helmet as a back rest and read a book.

Got some odd looks from people putting kayaks in.

Link Posted: 6/7/2014 8:41:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Rode to Velocity Cycles this morning, chasing fork seals for the kid's BMW.  Spent the mid day observing and offering suggestions as he a and a bud replaced the seals in his 1150GS.   For once it's good not to be wrapped up in the project myself.  Good times.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 10:26:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Death road bolivia. This was insane.  I loved it!

Post death road beers

Then up the new bypass into the fog and then above the clouds.

Link Posted: 6/8/2014 10:30:40 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm tapping out now. I sold my bike after the death road and I'm taking planes and buses to Brazil for the world cup.

Also sorta interesting but I was checking flights out of rio and it's cheaper for me to fly to Europe and then fly home than a one way flight.  That being said I will probably spend a month in Germany and Italy after the world cup.  Awesome but no bike.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 10:56:31 AM EDT
[#44]
A few more from the death road.

A lot of crosses along the road.

Notice the truck in the tunnel isn't using lights. This is unfortunately common.

Link Posted: 6/8/2014 2:21:32 PM EDT
[#45]
So glad you're safe.  How did the engine perform @ altitude?  Have you considered buying a BMW in Germany, riding it a bit, then shipping it home as a used bike?
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:33:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Some buds and I hit the mountains of GA/NC/TN this past weekend. We skipped The Dragon...been there enough to know to avoid it on the weekends. Lots of better roads in the area anyway. The Cherohala Skyway and the Blue Ridge Pkwy. were nearly deserted, so we were able to rail on those.

Video here:
Click Me
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 8:10:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So glad you're safe.  How did the engine perform @ altitude?  Have you considered buying a BMW in Germany, riding it a bit, then shipping it home as a used bike?
View Quote

Engine was good it just slowed down quite a bit.  I could still get up to 55 uphill.

I'm just planning on buses for now and then going on the Dave Ramsey plan when i get back home. Most likely no bike for a few years.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Awesome mountain ride pics guys.

I rode Sunday morning to the dead flat south east part of MO. It makes me really appreciate living in the Ozarks.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 10:44:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Just some local trails round where I live..

Link Posted: 6/15/2014 9:27:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Cruised several country backroads yesterday, no pics though.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top