Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:30:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't feel alone.. Having the same problem.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just started downloads....8:54.
Download completed....8:54.

Whiners!

I just finished redownloading the whole game, then I had to fix it again so it would patch, now I got the same error I had at the start. It makes you want to set something on fire.

As I said, just try opening the .exe file for the game rather than the launcher. It *might* work in a pinch.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:23:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

As I said, just try opening the .exe file for the game rather than the launcher. It *might* work in a pinch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just started downloads....8:54.
Download completed....8:54.

Whiners!

I just finished redownloading the whole game, then I had to fix it again so it would patch, now I got the same error I had at the start. It makes you want to set something on fire.

Made the mistake of trying to redownload the client hoping that would work.

I am now downloading the full game again. Son of a bitch cannot seem to stop it lol.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:30:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm so sorry.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know you're involved with the game in some capacity for your job, but what part of the house do you reside in so to speak? I'm just curious.

Been curious about that myself.

Datacenter sysadmin.

I'm so sorry.

It's not so bad. I got a cool tshirt, a launch jacket and get to play the game at work if I've gotten all of my tasks done.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:53:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It's not so bad. I got a cool tshirt, a launch jacket and get to play the game at work if I've gotten all of my tasks done.
View Quote

True. I'm sure you're on call for SHTF at all times though... But at least you don't have to deal with end users!

I *ALMOST* picked IT as my career path. Then I realized I'd most likely be dealing with end users for quite a while until I could get into upper tier stuff. That pretty well killed it for me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:01:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

True. I'm sure you're on call for SHTF at all times though... But at least you don't have to deal with end users!

I *ALMOST* picked IT as my career path. Then I realized I'd most likely be dealing with end users for quite a while until I could get into upper tier stuff. That pretty well killed it for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plenty of IT fields that don't deal with customers much.  Specialize in SAN storage and backup...most people think it's dreadfully boring, but you'll always be employed and everyone will love you, and you'll almost never talk to customers.  And it isn't nearly as dreadfully boring nowadays with dedupe technologies really coming to maturity in the last few years.

Kinda like healers in MMORPGs.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:44:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Plenty of IT fields that don't deal with customers much.  Specialize in SAN storage and backup...most people think it's dreadfully boring, but you'll always be employed and everyone will love you, and you'll almost never talk to customers.  And it isn't nearly as dreadfully boring nowadays with dedupe technologies really coming to maturity in the last few years.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heh.. dedupe to delete your data! :) Arkivio caused a ton of heartache.

I do servers with network/storage/vmware on the side. I don't talk to any users.. Thankfully. The people on reddit and forums would drive me crazy.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:38:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Did I see it here for you crafters..

You take your extra character slots, build level 3 characters (they don't have to got through coldharbor) and use their skil points to get hirelings.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:56:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Is there an MMO Champ type reference website for ESO? I'd like to read about the various classes/races/factions without making too much of an effort.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You take your extra character slots, build level 3 characters (they don't have to got through coldharbor) and use their skil points to get hirelings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Brilliant!  Though, I honestly don't think the hirelings are worth it for blacksmith.

Quoted:
Is there an MMO Champ type reference website for ESO? I'd like to read about the various classes/races/factions without making too much of an effort.

http://tamrieljournal.com/game-information/

http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:55:08 PM EDT
[#10]
What does everyone think about having a little event on Sunday or Monday that leads to a prize?

I'd like to start doing things in the guild to promote more activeness between members.  Weekly, bi-weekly, monthly events, with actual prizes donated to the cause.  Regardless of what those prizes may be.

I'm thinking as it's a last minute thing we could do a PVP event this time with a prize pool of gold.  Everyone donate "x" gold in increments of 5,000 or more.  We all go in and have fun as a group in Cyrodiil for about an hour.  At the end of that hour, we take our ordering numbers and throw it into a random generator.  Whosever number gets picked gets the prize pool.

It may not be much, but it could be a bit of gold and a very fun night.

What say you?

I'll donate 10,000 gold.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:32:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What does everyone think about having a little event on Sunday or Monday that leads to a prize?

I'd like to start doing things in the guild to promote more activeness between members.  Weekly, bi-weekly, monthly events, with actual prizes donated to the cause.  Regardless of what those prizes may be.

I'm thinking as it's a last minute thing we could do a PVP event this time with a prize pool of gold.  Everyone donate "x" gold in increments of 5,000 or more.  We all go in and have fun as a group in Cyrodiil for about an hour.  At the end of that hour, we take our ordering numbers and throw it into a random generator.  Whosever number gets picked gets the prize pool.

What say you?

I'll donate 10,000 gold.
View Quote

5k!? I JUST managed to break 9k total.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:44:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Does this game not have servers? I'm trying to figure out what faction I should be. I don't want to be on a faction and get dominated because I'm the only one in that faction....
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:26:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Does this game not have servers? I'm trying to figure out what faction I should be. I don't want to be on a faction and get dominated because I'm the only one in that faction....
View Quote

Heh, hey Jinx. And no, no servers at least in the WoW sense. Seems like most of us are playing the Dominion faction. Let me know what your account name is so I can send you a guild invite.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 11:55:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What say you?

I'll donate 10,000 gold.

Oh come now, if we have at least 5 people show up, you could potentially win 35k lol.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 12:32:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Oh come now, if we have at least 5 people show up, you could potentially win 35k lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What say you?

I'll donate 10,000 gold.

OR looking at it another way, you have an 80% chance to lose 5k!

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:04:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Just saving my PVP build so I don't lose it.

build
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:48:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Say I had 10 skill points to burn and have not put a single one into any of the crafting skills.

Where would you spend them and in what order?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:39:07 AM EDT
[#18]
I'd pick one skill relevant to the character and cap it out.  First points would go into item levels, and I'd pick up the research skill next.  The hireling skill would probably be last...pitiful amount of materials for that skill compared to what you can pick up in a few minutes farming.

I've kinda spread crafting points around...I think that was a mistake, but we'll see.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:41:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Server maintenance...ON MY DAY OFF.    Mother fuckers!!

j/k, I got laundry to do anyway.  So I'll go play Xbox, because with laundry, there's no better time than tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:01:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Maintenance window is over. ESO is up.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:13:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Server maintenance...ON MY DAY OFF.    Mother fuckers!!

j/k, I got laundry to do anyway.  So I'll go play Xbox, because with laundry, there's no better time than tomorrow.
View Quote

haha!

I have to go renew my license and all that other shit today...damn birthday.

BUT...I didn't think I'd wake up this early after last night.  I shall ESO for an hour or so!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:21:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Looks like someone's been exploiting a bug to gain gold....a lot of gold...

And by someone, I mean a lot of people.

Guild Bank Duplicating
http://kotaku.com/major-duping-bug-hits-the-elder-scrolls-online-1564641897
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:24:12 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Looks like someone's been exploiting a bug to gain gold....a lot of gold...

And by someone, I mean a lot of people.

Guild Bank Duplicating

http://kotaku.com/major-duping-bug-hits-the-elder-scrolls-online-1564641897
View Quote
must be why last night when i went to play it said the guild banks were down

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:41:32 PM EDT
[#24]
sounds like a vocal majority want the servers rolled back
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:46:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Personally I do too, people made a shit ton of gold doing it.  Makes it a bit too unfair.  They got all their banks and bag slots full by exploiting.   While I'd hate to lost my levels, shit...
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:50:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Personally I do too, people made a shit ton of gold doing it.  Makes it a bit too unfair.  They got all their banks and bag slots full by exploiting.   While I'd hate to lost my levels, shit...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They banned a LOT of accounts that abused the bug. It'll be interesting how many of them request refunds.

People who want a rollback have no idea how bad that is. You realize this was being exploited from day one according some of the reddit posts, right?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:08:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

They banned a LOT of accounts that abused the bug. It'll be interesting how many of them request refunds.

People who want a rollback have no idea how bad that is. You realize this was being exploited from day one according some of the reddit posts, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think many people do. Best thing to do would be to just ban the people that did it and move along with an apology. Fuck rolling the servers back, I've put WAY too much time and effort into my character for that bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Did the dungeon in Cold Harbour and ended up with 3  purples!
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:21:51 AM EDT
[#29]
You guys have an Arfcom guild set-up?  I rolled DC, and it sounded like most here are AD  

Also, I'm slowing down my leveling and taking my sweet time now.  Spring/Summer is not a good time to game for me.  Probably on about an hour or so each night after work, so I'll see 50+ by June.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:18:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You guys have an Arfcom guild set-up?  I rolled DC, and it sounded like most here are AD  

Also, I'm slowing down my leveling and taking my sweet time now.  Spring/Summer is not a good time to game for me.  Probably on about an hour or so each night after work, so I'll see 50+ by June.  
View Quote

Yep. What's the account name?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:23:24 PM EDT
[#32]

WOW!

If this works even remotely well, I might start using an off character to store trophies and such.  

And it should work great as I just got my Crafter to 15 and should be ready to respecing shortly.  Going to roll a AD toon next...
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Well, Veteran ranks are really insane.  I did half of the new island I'm on and not even 1% exp lol.  This is gonna be fun!

Gotta take a break now, been spending all my time in ESO.  Got other shit to do lol.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Well, Veteran ranks are really insane.  I did half of the new island I'm on and not even 1% exp lol.  This is gonna be fun!

Gotta take a break now, been spending all my time in ESO.  Got other shit to do lol.
View Quote

ESO IS LIFE.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:28:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Im a level 8. This game isnt fun at all for me.

I dont get it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:28:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I dont get it.
View Quote

What's giving you trouble?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:39:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I dont get it.
View Quote

What's your account name? Maybe we could help you out some. And it DOES get better past level 10.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:58:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys have an Arfcom guild set-up?  

In the OP.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:17:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

In the OP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys have an Arfcom guild set-up?  

In the OP.

You mean I have to go back and read something? I demand a refund!

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:33:51 PM EDT
[#40]
You can add me to the list.  @dangerranger6100
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Get back on, I need enchants dammit!
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:38:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its in the middle of my work week!!

Just mail me what you want, I'll send em when I can.  Only get on for a few minutes then off to bed.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:44:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Just mail me what you want, I'll send em when I can.  Only get on for a few minutes then off to bed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Excuses, excuses.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:09:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Alright, i am in. username is Jeartal

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:57:06 PM EDT
[#45]
How much does ESO cost in the US?

Over here it's £50 for standard, £70 for Imperial. Pretty fucking outrageous, with the subs too.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Over here it's £50 for standard, £70 for Imperial. Pretty fucking outrageous, with the subs too.
View Quote

To be perfectly honest, there are about a billion discussions on the internet about this ranging back months and months.  If you don't think it's worth it, don't pay and don't play.  This thread is really for folks that chose to play...I'd consider flogging that dead horse somewhere else.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:17:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

$60/$80 Standard/Imperial. It's right at about $10 more than what we've been paying for most PC games anyways, and it's right on par with console titles. WoW cost $50 when it dropped IIRC, so counting for the massive amount of worthless dollars the Fed has pumped out since '04, it's pretty well the same price.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:40:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Doesn't matter what it costs.  Most decent MMO's come with a hefty 50+ price tag anymore.

This one is no different.

It's well worth it.

@ Stryker

I'll get your enchants done tomorrow, have to work an extra shift tomorrow so won't be on until after 7, going in damn early in the morning.  No time tonight.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:09:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just bought the Imperial edition myself. Rather liking the game so far. Lots of customization of your character. The imperial edition is really only good for playing as an Imperial, an early cheap mount (1g as soon as you get done with the intro), and the ring of Mara which I don't plan to use.

Anyways, if you decide to play you could level up with me!
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:57:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Just bought the Imperial edition myself. Rather liking the game so far. Lots of customization of your character. The imperial edition is really only good for playing as an Imperial, an early cheap mount (1g as soon as you get done with the intro), and the ring of Mara which I don't plan to use.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The extra $20 is worth it for the damn horse alone...
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top