Quoted:
Quoted:
And so it begins...

DAY 1!

Vampire level 1

Cool!

Day 2:

Still level 1

I've seen several werewolves playing, but no vamps yet.

Did you get into a guild to do it, or the hard way?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And so it begins...

DAY 1!

Vampire level 1

Cool!

Day 2:

Still level 1

Were you not watching our guild chat the other night? He did it the hard way.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 11:14:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hell yeah the hard way.  Had to do a lot of digging just to figure out "about" where the mob spawns that I needed to be bit by.

Then...RIGHT as I get bit, some arsehole comes up and kills the thing.  Lucky I got it in time.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 11:22:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hell yeah the hard way.  Had to do a lot of digging just to figure out "about" where the mob spawns that I needed to be bit by.

Then...RIGHT as I get bit, some arsehole comes up and kills the thing.  Lucky I got it in time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THE mob?  Is there only one?  I'm surprised some troll/vampire hybrid clan isn't camping it to control it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 12:03:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

THE mob?  Is there only one?  I'm surprised some troll/vampire hybrid clan isn't camping it to control it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Theres only a few that spawn.  Scattered around.  People were killing them.

On another note, found a nice addon to get, adds skyshards to your game map and shows whether or not you've gotten them or not.

http://www.curse.com/teso-addons/teso/skyshards
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:19:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is one on a werewolf. Kinda annoying.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 12:01:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Well anyone in guild that wants to be a Vamp, I'll bite em.  Gotta wait for me to get it to level 6 though, and has a 7 day cooldown.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well anyone in guild that wants to be a Vamp, I'll bite em.  Gotta wait for me to get it to level 6 though, and has a 7 day cooldown.
View Quote

I'll take the free money bite.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 7:03:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Server issues tonight?

My friends list is empty, and it shows me not in a guild

Also chat is lagging bad
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 7:55:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Server issues tonight?

My friends list is empty, and it shows me not in a guild

Also chat is lagging bad
View Quote

I haven't had the guild issue but chat has been SLOOOOOW.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 7:48:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Drunk as fudge... and the server goes down for maint. AGAIN...  Been a while since I went 2 levels in a night.  BASTARDS!

At least wait until midnight!  I was just finishing the second harborage quest, FUNKERs!

Can't wait to be rolled back on this one!
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 8:16:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Drunk as fudge... and the server goes down for maint. AGAIN...  Been a while since I went 2 levels in a night.  BASTARDS!

At least wait until midnight!  I was just finishing the second harborage quest, FUNKERs!

Can't wait to be rolled back on this one!
View Quote

Go drunk Flakes, you're home.

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:17:40 AM EDT
[#16]
So how is this?  I've always been a huge elder scrolls fan, but I couldn't really get into the beta.  Would yall recommend it overall?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:15:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So how is this?  I've always been a huge elder scrolls fan, but I couldn't really get into the beta.  Would yall recommend it overall?
View Quote

Absolutely. It's fun like WoW used to be back in the day. If you're familiar with MMOs you know that you kinda get shoehorned into a role based on your class in most of them.... this one you don't. You can do whatever you want and still be viable... for example, I'm a heavy armor wearing dual wielding battlemage sorcerer. If I wanted to become a tank, all I'd have to do is respec and slap on a sword and shield.

The world is pretty big, but not so big that you get lost in it, and as immersive in the storyline as you want it to be. The environments are just absolutely wonderfully done.

And last but not least is the crafting. Now THAT'S fun, and you get to see the result of your hard work every time you throw on a new piece of gear that you made. Colors and looks change as you improve the items.

It's a lot of fun, but they are having some teething problems with customer service and lag. I think once they get those things sorted out it'll be one of the best MMOs out there and may even be serious competition for WoW.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

On another note, found a nice addon to get, adds skyshards to your game map and shows whether or not you've gotten them or not.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good find, thanks. Makes the task of hitting all those shards much easier to deal with.

Having a blast playing a heavy armored Orc Templar with a 2-hand weapon. Currently level 33 and wrecking face on 35-36 level content in the desert.

Seen my share of bugs for sure, but that's par for the course on a MMO release. Just finished a rather long session without a crash or needing to relog to fix a broken quest so hopefully the bugs are coming under control.

Crafting-Provisioning was very easy to max out, Blacksmithing is going to be really slow...really, really slow...having to research all the traits for each weapon and armor type. I flat gave up on Enchanting, it's such a horrible grind and it murders your bag space.

It's gorgeous...

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:08:47 PM EDT
[#19]
i haven't played in over a week, other stuff coming out and grabbing my attention since eso launched. diablo 3 reaper of souls expansion, plus bf4's new naval strike maps i havent had a chance to try yet and way too many work hours to play everything

havent even started titanfall yet

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:50:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Stryker oh Stryker where are you?  I need armor!
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:25:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Stryker oh Stryker where are you?  I need armor!
View Quote

I'm comin' I'm comin'.....
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:31:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll do it if you have a CD and the free time. However working 2 jobs I don't play very much and I'm still only lvl 6. So don't waste it on me unless everyone else who wants it has it!
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:33:10 AM EDT
[#23]
You know, I'd enjoy this game 1000 times more if they hadn't included resource nodes.  Hours and hours of running around staring at the ground.

I don't miss having a minimap, but on WoW you could enjoy the scenery more because nodes showed up on it, so instead of burning your eyes out staring in every nook and cranny, the occassional glance at the minimap was all that was needed.

Better solution for TESO would have been to eliminate them entirely and just have deconstruction produce more.  I know that's exactly what they did on DAoC, and TESO is trying to take the best aspects of the genre, not just one game, but I think it's a design flaw.

WoW nodes were also points of contention for PvP...TESO they're just unexciting.  Except chests...love the chests.

Minor gripe.  I guess I could just stop looking for nodes, but I find it nearly impossible to ignore them...I don't get to play much so I try to get as much out of travel time as I can.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:00:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You know, I'd enjoy this game 1000 times more if they hadn't included resource nodes.  Hours and hours of running around staring at the ground.

I don't miss having a minimap, but on WoW you could enjoy the scenery more because nodes showed up on it, so instead of burning your eyes out staring in every nook and cranny, the occassional glance at the minimap was all that was needed.

Better solution for TESO would have been to eliminate them entirely and just have deconstruction produce more.  I know that's exactly what they did on DAoC, and TESO is trying to take the best aspects of the genre, not just one game, but I think it's a design flaw.

WoW nodes were also points of contention for PvP...TESO they're just unexciting.  Except chests...love the chests.

Minor gripe.  I guess I could just stop looking for nodes, but I find it nearly impossible to ignore them...I don't get to play much so I try to get as much out of travel time as I can.
View Quote

Put a couple of skill points into crafting... You can make the nodes you are looking for glow within a certain amount of distance.  Makes it less of a nook and cranny fest.

ETA You can also find Mods that add a lot to the map as far as shyshards and chests and I think Node locations, etc.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:31:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Put a couple of skill points into crafting... You can make the nodes you are looking for glow within a certain amount of distance.  Makes it less of a nook and cranny fest.

ETA You can also find Mods that add a lot to the map as far as shyshards and chests and I think Node locations, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a no-mod purist idiot who hates dropping points on non-combat skills.

I may very quickly abandon all those positions, but it makes me cry inside.

*sigh*....morph a cool spell, or make logs glow.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:39:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

You get 300 skill points.

ETA:  10 belongs to me!
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:23:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't own a page with an edit, noob!

Yeah, I know you get ample skill points, but it's gated, and I don't plan on capping anytime soon.  If I keep the points in combat skills I can screw around in Cyrodiil a bit more effectively.

I am putting SOME points in crafting, but nodes being plentiful, it ain't going to be to make them glow.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:31:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yeah, I know you get ample skill points, but it's gated, and I don't plan on capping anytime soon.  If I keep the points in combat skills I can screw around in Cyrodiil a bit more effectively.

I am putting SOME points in crafting, but nodes being plentiful, it ain't going to be to make them glow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can and I did!  

As for PVP....you are only going to be using "so many" skills in pvp.  Get what you want first, then spend everything else to do whatever you want to do.

ETA:

I'm totally getting tired of all these "maintenance" they keep doing.  Yes, it's a new game, and yes, it requires fixes.  But FFS, if it's not completely game breaking, fix them in a patch, build it all in one go, and drop the servers ONCE and fix it.  All of these down times are killing me.  I don't get a lot of time to play unless I have time off from work, and so far every time I've been off work, the damn servers have been down!

So aggravated.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:52:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I can and I did!  

As for PVP....you are only going to be using "so many" skills in pvp.  Get what you want first, then spend everything else to do whatever you want to do.

ETA:

I'm totally getting tired of all these "maintenance" they keep doing.  Yes, it's a new game, and yes, it requires fixes.  But FFS, if it's not completely game breaking, fix them in a patch, build it all in one go, and drop the servers ONCE and fix it.  All of these down times are killing me.  I don't get a lot of time to play unless I have time off from work, and so far every time I've been off work, the damn servers have been down!

So aggravated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can and I did!  

ETA:

So aggravated.

Yep. I get two whole days off to sit on my ass and do nothing, and of fucking course they pick one of my two days off for maintenance. It's not gonna kill the IT monkeys to come in at 2AM one day a week to drop the servers and fix shit when they should be fixed, which is early morning. 3AM-7AM maintenance is a fuckton better than 8AM-(supposedly)12PM.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:10:24 AM EDT
[#30]
I keep typing up these long rebuttals to maintenance downtime gripes.  I don't know why I do it, I know people are just venting their frustrations.  Anyone can apply some critical thinking to understand the maintenance downtimes without me getting all preachy.

I'm hoping by posting this I can stop typing up and deleting responses.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:18:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I keep typing up these long rebuttals to maintenance downtime gripes.  I don't know why I do it, I know people are just venting their frustrations.  Anyone can apply some critical thinking to understand the maintenance downtimes without me getting all preachy.

View Quote

The problem isn't them fixing things.  The problem is them attempting to fix things, not fixing things, and leaving servers down for a good majority of the day.

It is not acceptable by any standards for any MMO, new or old, to take servers down for extended periods of time multiple times a week.

It's definitely not acceptable, to me and others I'm sure, to bring a new game, that we are currently wasting our game time on, down and each time it lasting several, several hours longer than it should.  It's bad enough I don't get a lot of playtime during my work week.  I expect to play my game on my days off.  Seems they can't get their shit together and allow me to do just that.  Servers came down at 8am EST.  They should have been back up at a decent time, let's say prior to noon.  Yet they're still down.

It's almost like they have no idea what they're doing.  You make a patch and test it in a test environment, when it's working you push the patch onto the servers during maintenance times.  Unless something horribly goes wrong (which really shouldn't if you've tested properly and have competent staff) there should be minimal downtime.

Yes, I'm venting.  I paid good money to play this game.  I intend to actually be able to play it.  Unfortunately they continue to take the servers down ALL DAY on my days off.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:19:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol, you better not go to the offical forums you will never get anything done with all those griping going on.

Games been out for 2 weeks and you already have people calling for nerfs and major changes its insanity.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 11:37:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Wow got a Version Fail (Error 209) when I patched, fucking support is to do a complete reinstall yay I like to redownload 22k MBs. All the other "fixes" failed.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 11:51:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Wow got a Version Fail (Error 209) when I patched, fucking support is to do a complete reinstall yay I like to redownload 22k MBs. All the other "fixes" failed.
View Quote

Try just opening the actual game executable file and see if that works. Sometimes the launcher goes all fucky.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 11:55:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Eh, only reason you're seeing me bitch is because it's my day off and I've got nothing better to do. I get why they have to do it, and I'm fine with that, but they need to pick a better time to do it.

And this is the reason they should have had an actual open beta, not the closed "codes for everyone to play for a weekend or two" crap that they had. Sometimes the only way to find bugs is to have hundreds of thousands of people poke it just the right way before it rears up and takes the server with it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:02:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Eh, only reason you're seeing me bitch is because it's my day off and I've got nothing better to do. I get why they have to do it, and I'm fine with that, but they need to pick a better time to do it.

And this is the reason they should have had an actual open beta, not the closed "codes for everyone to play for a weekend or two" crap that they had. Sometimes the only way to find bugs is to have hundreds of thousands of people poke it just the right way before it rears up and takes the server with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read on the reddit that you can expect Tues and Thurs maintenances in the AM. Eventually it will be once a week.

They pick early AM as peak playing times are weeknights and weekends.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:23:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I read on the reddit that you can expect Tues and Thurs maintenances in the AM. Eventually it will be once a week.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's an official post on the forums that has the maintenance times detailed. What I'm saying is that instead of 8AM it ought to start at say... 3-4AM in the US, so that if they run into problems they can be fixed well before anyone gets home and jumps on the forums to bitch.

I know you're involved with the game in some capacity for your job, but what part of the house do you reside in so to speak? I'm just curious.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:24:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Can finally make you a vampire
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:25:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hooray! Still downloading....
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:38:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You and me both.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:47:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I know you're involved with the game in some capacity for your job, but what part of the house do you reside in so to speak? I'm just curious.
View Quote

Been curious about that myself.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:50:00 PM EDT
[#42]
At least I have beer.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 1:57:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You and me both.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You and me both.

At least mine was only a few megs.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:08:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Datacenter sysadmin.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:11:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Datacenter sysadmin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Datacenter sysadmin.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:17:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Wow the game tricked me the 22k mb download was just the first set.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:54:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Just started downloads....8:54.
Download completed....8:54.

Whiners!
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:11:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Whiners!
View Quote

I just finished redownloading the whole game, then I had to fix it again so it would patch, now I got the same error I had at the start. It makes you want to set something on fire.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I just finished redownloading the whole game, then I had to fix it again so it would patch, now I got the same error I had at the start. It makes you want to set something on fire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whiners!

Don't feel alone.. Having the same problem.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Datacenter sysadmin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Datacenter sysadmin.

I'm so sorry.

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top