Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:18:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Guy I worked with for years, easily the last person you would expect to commit a murder suicide, did exactly that. Found out his wife was cheating, got his Connecticut permit, which takes months and was then required for any handgun purchase. Bought the gun and confronted her. She called the cops, he hung up, killed her and answered the phone when the cops called back asking for his wife.

He said she's right here, hung up and killed himself. One of the local news sites had the recording of the call with the wife and husband, it was creepy as hell, I'd been in their kitchen where it happened.

LINK
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:19:23 PM EDT
[#2]
If they were murdered they are dead so I Don't know them anymore.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Forgot about two.

When I was 14 I worked in a paint store. One of the painters was a hard core redneck. When he took his shirt

off you could see many wounds from something sharp. He confronted a guy at his home and made the mistake

of making the guy too afraid of him. As the painter advanced the guy figured it was over and shot the painter in

the upper belly with a shotgun up close. Justified homicide.

The other was a few years ago a guy paralyzed from the waist down in my little town was found beaten to death.

A few days later I found out he taught english as a second language part time. I figured it was a present or past

student. Turns out it was. Him a couple of homies beat this guy to death over a laptop and some other low value

things. Sheriff rounded them all up and they are serving time.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup.

K9 trainer out in Anacortes, WA.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:56:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I dated a girl a couple times who was murdered I also knew a guy that killed someone
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:36:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Knew the shooter and shootee.

Shootee came to shooter's house to kick his ass. Shooter would probably have been ok with the first round. Not so much with the three more as he chased the shootee down the street. 4 rounds of .38 spl out of a COP and shootee made it to several houses knocking on doors for help before expiring.

Shooter spent about 18 years in the pen. Got out and choked to death on a peach pit, lying in bed a couple months later.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:43:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes I friend I went to school with was found murdered in Tacoma Wa on sportsman rd ( I think ) . Beheaded I believe... I think it unsolved from the early 90's ...   Also my roommate  helped kill another friend/ acquaintance by hanging him with a rope  from a Huge Jesus CROSS on top of a vineyard hill top in Neckarsulm Germany in 86 or 87 ...
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:50:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I know a murderer and a child rapist.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Forgot, I had a student that worked for me, and when she graduated she moved up north with her boyfriend. Well one day while high, she shot her boyfriend then was so nervous she shot herself.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:11:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Started reading this with 5 known victims in mind.   By page 6 I remembered 5 more.  Yes, I've known 10 people murdered and about half of their muderers.

One was a girl I got stood up for a date.  I learned a week later she had a good reason for not showing up.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:17:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:18:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Yes, my dad had a good friend that owned a pawn shop I spent a lot of time with when I was younger.  He was gunned down in his shop by a guy who killed a state trooper the next day.  The murder charge for my dads friend was never prosecuted because the murder of the Trooper carried a death sentence... Another guy I have only met a time or two because he flew planes and so does my friend was murdered two years ago and they have not found a suspect.

Edit: Also had this farm hand that worked until he was 94 on our farm and his two grandsons murdered a guy over a lawnmower.  They had a 10 hour standoff with the police.  They are on death row.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:39:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Yes.
A good friends mother.
I have also known several others that were shot to death but these were either legal shoots or a suicide.
By the way two guys I knew that were shot to death were both killed by a 20 gauge shotgun that was loaded with......Birdshot.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:57:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Bikers killed by cars count ?

Buddy was stopped at red light when the car coming up behind him just plowed right through him. Doa

Coworker/friend.     Had the right away through intersection and car blew a stop sign. Hit him, then dragged under car for 1/4 mile. Lived an hour or so after.

Both murdered as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:14:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Boyfriend.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:26:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:30:11 AM EDT
[#17]
One of the best employees I ever had was killed by his girlfriend's ex.  The police chief and coroner called me to identify him and although I had seen some pretty bad scenes before and since his murder the image of him still sticks with me today 25 years later.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:33:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Neighborhood drug dealer.
Found shot in the back of his head in an empty apartment 20 miles from his house.
He owed the wrong people money.

Two friends killed by worthless cocksucking assfucked shitstained retarded moronic shiteating fuckwads father fucker murdering drunk drivers.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:33:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Most recent case, went to HS with this girl
They're saying the husband shot her in the head twice.

http://www.centralmaine.com/2016/09/22/luc-tieman-charged-with-murder-of-wife-to-appear-in-court-friday/

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:54:11 AM EDT
[#20]
This thread makes me sad for the world
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:57:03 AM EDT
[#21]
A number of people, actually.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:00:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A number of people, actually.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:00:40 AM EDT
[#23]
If you count killed by a drunk driver as murder, which I do, then yes.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:09:01 AM EDT
[#24]
One of my best friends growing up was living in a big city after we all graduated from college.

Best we can tell, he was sitting in the living room one day when someone walking down the street thought his duplex looked empty.

They guy (later found out to be drug addict) kicked in the back door, and used my buddy's kitchen knife to stab him in the back almost 20 times, 2 or 3 feet from the front door.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:11:42 AM EDT
[#25]
nope, lots of car accients and drownings but no murders.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:12:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Had an old friend and neighbor gunned down behind a bar because he wouldnt let the husband beat the wife.  
Now the killer is in the prison system I work in.  Thankfully he will never come to my prison because i ask that he didnt.  Do not know if i could keep my cool if he was in my prison.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:14:42 AM EDT
[#27]
I knew a guy that worked in the oil field.  Part of his job was reading meters in other people's pastures.

One day, a crazy guy had enough.  He walked out to the two workers with a shotgun, told them to get on their knees and pray, and blew both their heads off, inches away.

He was out of prison on a reduced sentence because he shot his brother sitting next to him in their pickup truck over a relatively minor disagreement.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:15:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Nope, I had family members who've been murdered, but I did not know them really well.

I had an uncle who was murdered by two of his employees after they robbed him. Several others in that same vein.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:29:23 AM EDT
[#29]
My first girlfriend went crazy a few years after we broke up. She and her boyfriend murdered her mom. It wasnpretty sad, the mom was one of the nicest people I knew. From what I know the murder stemmed from an arguement over the boyfriend not being allowed to live in the mom's house with the daughter (girl was early teens, guy was mid 20s).  
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#30]
killed with a firearm - yes (long story, but the killer was convicted of manslaughter or negligent homicide, can't remember which.  regardless he didn't spend nearly enough time in prison. )
murdered - not that i'm aware of

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Yep. 20 years ago, a good friend of mine was killed by some thug trying to rob him in a parking lot. Shot him with a .22 to the chest.

RIP JImmy
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:42:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Yup, one I had gone to school with and the other I knew from circle of friends in old neighborhood.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:54:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Yes.  Grew up with this family and knew all of them very well until I graduated high school.

Murder shocks and confuses community

Men arrested in shooting

It was literally over a couple of bags of weed.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:55:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Yes, a friend and co-worker. Almost 2 years to the date in fact.

And to make things worse, his murderer was found not guilty by reason of insanity.

There was a thread on here when it happened.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:59:51 AM EDT
[#35]
My brother Inlaw was killed at a strip club a few years back, the post I think was in team though.

Another friend of mine was killed about 10 years ago by some meth heads for the sub out of his car
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Step father of a friend of mine was killed by a guy who didn't like the step father riding his four wheeler on the trails near shooter's house. Shooter waited for him one afternoon in some bushes with a shotgun. Friend's stepfather was ambushed and shot 9 times.

The step father treated my friend like his own son, and took the 2 of us hunting and fishing all the time. Later in life, I often called the stepfather before buying pistols or rifles because the stepfather was very knowledgeable. Sad to see him go.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:13:30 PM EDT
[#37]
I have known both murderees and murderers,...and to put a twist to it in one instance I also knew both the murderer and murderee he killed
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:14:09 PM EDT
[#38]
I know someone who's brother was murdered by a famous serial killer, does that count?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:16:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Two guys I went to school with and one guy I met when I lived in Houston. Murdered
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:17:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Yes my 1st cousin was a 1%er and was executed by his own gang here in town about this time last year. He made poor life choices.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:19:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I know someone that did the murdering
View Quote

This sadly
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:06:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
killed with a firearm - yes (long story, but the killer was convicted of manslaughter or negligent homicide, can't remember which.  regardless he didn't spend nearly enough time in prison. )
murdered - not that i'm aware of
View Quote

worked with a woman that was killed years later by her ex-b/f.  shot her and her teenage daughter in front of her famiiy on christmas.  horrible.  i believe he was killed in prison.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Man, I nearly forgot about this.  I was working with this guy in Houston, TX when he got the call his son was murdered and his wife was injured:  

Man stabbed to death in home

Mentally ill man sentenced to life in prison
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:19:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Four, three of them tore the families up, the other was expected and actuall released the family from a hellish situation with a drunk.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:25:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Tattoo artist I knew got knifed in the gut and died.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#46]
My former boyscout leader and his wife were murdered by a neighbor with a grudge in their home with their grade school age daughter watching.

A&E "American Justice" did an episode on it about 10 yrs ago.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:38:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Yep. My old boss. He owned a pawnshop. I worked with him everyday when I was in college. A few years later he was working by himself. Supposedly one guy in white painters clothes walked in, shot him in the chest, jumped over the counter and assassinated him by standing over his body and shooting him in the face. He then ripped out the video recorder and stole $700 in cash.

It was 2 years before he was caught. DA would not seek the death sentence. He got life without parole. I feel cheated.

I went to his funeral and he had an open casket. The funeral home did a good job putting his face together, but it was fake. It must have blown out his eyes. They shouldn't have had an open casket.

He bled out and died right there where I stood everyday for years. Different people own the place now and I've stopped there a few times, but it ain't right. It's more like going to the cemetery for me. Don't ever let the bastards get the drop on you.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:41:07 PM EDT
[#48]
yes my cousin was robbed and hit in the head with a hammer, bang, dead.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:49:11 PM EDT
[#49]
3 just off the top of my head.  All were beautiful females from age 18 to about 35  
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:50:00 PM EDT
[#50]
As a junior in high school, my friends mother was strangled and thrown in a freezer by her boyfriend. She was "missing" for 4 days. He was rich and vibrant.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top