Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 91
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:46:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have been toying with the idea of starting to reload. One of my coworkers knew that and told me her dad was getting rid of some powder and asked would I take it off his hands.

Just picked it up and apparently he gave me 20 lbs of IMR 4064. Is that a lot? As far as I can tell a Dillon 650 is good to go, right? Where do I go from here?
View Quote
Good medium burn powder.

I'd personally get a 550 over a 650, or a 1050 if you are going to load a TON of ammo.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:02:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Another 1,200 rounds of Wolf Gold in a 50cal ammo can hit the fort today. I'm out of ammo cans now though. Need a good deal to pop up.

Thank God Target Sports is out of Wolf Gold at the moment

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/425212/20190318_180944-2993x3991-882513.jpg
View Quote
$118 for 420rd ammo cans at psa.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:05:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
3x

1k Fiocchi 115g 9mm to keep it company

Now need a deal on Amuricas Cartridge.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:14:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Double dipped on a discount at Midway USA.

Birthday pricing and hazmat fee waived.

5k Small pistol primers
5k large pistol primers
4lbs Power Pistol

I reload 9mm knowing their isn't much savings.

Salad days!
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:20:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been reading threads like these for 10 years. Ammo / AR prices haven't been this low in a long time, so i just bought some more. I remember the last panic (that subsided) and plan on having plenty to sell to the next batch of world is gonna end crew.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I’m trying to add slowly. Bought a new receiver + stamp,  16lbs of rifle powder, 1000 projectiles, a few misc. AR parts, plus ordered a Glock 20,  all in two weeks.

I just want a free shipping deal at Primary. I have shit in my cart.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Another 1,200 rounds of Wolf Gold in a 50cal ammo can hit the fort today. I'm out of ammo cans now though. Need a good deal to pop up.

Thank God Target Sports is out of Wolf Gold at the moment

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/425212/20190318_180944-2993x3991-882513.jpg
I want empty 50s.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've been reading threads like these for 10 years. Ammo / AR prices haven't been this low in a long time, so i just bought some more. I remember the last panic (that subsided) and plan on having plenty to sell to the next batch of world is gonna end crew.
View Quote
If hillary had won we would be balls deep in a 2 year non stop panic right now.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 12:13:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Or me... Deals
View Quote
I might stop in there tomorrow.  Im working a couple miles from there.  great guys!
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 6:28:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wouldn't that have been a treat...

I really hope we don't see that again in my lifetime, but we will.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 7:31:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ordered another daily deal PSA BCG just to have an extra (that's what I said last time )

I could always use more bullets but SR primers is what I really need now

Hopefully, next check
View Quote
 Careful with those things! I ordered a "spare" 6.8 Bcg and the damn thing morphed into a second 6.8 rifle somehow.  Now I need two "spare" 6.8 bcg's.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 12:55:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
 Careful with those things! I ordered a "spare" 6.8 Bcg and the damn thing morphed into a second 6.8 rifle somehow.  Now I need two "spare" 6.8 bcg's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ordered another daily deal PSA BCG just to have an extra (that's what I said last time )

I could always use more bullets but SR primers is what I really need now

Hopefully, next check
Tt will really suck if you use your spare parts to build new guns, and a part breaks down the road, forcing you to cannibalize a working gun, to repair a nonworking gun. ( not saying you in particular don't have spare parts )  Spare parts are cheap right now, theres no reason to not have a box / emergency only repair kit with a spare lower receiver build kit, upper receiver build kit, spare BCG, spare bolt, and a few bolt repair kits / extractors etc. You could probably get most of that for $100 bucks right now, and it would ensure your rifles will be running trouble free decades from now, ban or no ban.

ALL of the proposed new assault weapon bans list, and target Spare parts, and lower receivers, partly to prevent new weapons from being built, stripped lowers from being completed, and repair parts for the working guns you do have. So if you don't have that crap BEFORE  the next big ban hits, you either will never have it, or be paying 10x more for the same shit you can get now for dirt cheap PLUS 10 pmags thrown in.

I hope to hell there will never be another federal assault weapon ban that targets our semi auto guns, lowers, spare parts and mags that hold over 10 rounds..... I REALLY hope there wont be... However id bet solid money on just that very thing happening when we get the next dem controlled gov. Republicans might all be spineless idiots that NEVER accomplish ANYTHING when they are in charge, but the damn democrats, the idiot clueless fucks that they are, can damn well get their agenda pushed forward when they are in charge, and hell, even when republicans are in charge as well.  Banning assault rifle / semiauto military style rifles is the thing at the VERY, VERY, VERY top of the Democrats wish list, they will ABSOLUTELY shove one through when they are back in charge.

GET OFF YOUR ASSES AND STOCK UP ON SPARE PARTS, MAGS, AND FUCKING AMMO, WHILE ITS CHEAP AND EASY TO GET ! !  !

You should definitely contribute to PRO gun groups, and PRO gun politicians. ( lol), and even help support people like NOLO who are fighting for our rights..... HOWEVER, you still need to be well stocked up to make it through those desperate times when bad things do happen / panics / bans, etc.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Tt will really suck if you use your spare parts to build new guns, and a part breaks down the road, forcing you to cannibalize a working gun, to repair a nonworking gun (my emphasis added). ( not saying you in particular don't have spare parts )  Spare parts are cheap right now, theres no reason to not have a box / emergency only repair kit with a spare lower receiver build kit, upper receiver build kit, spare BCG, spare bolt, and a few bolt repair kits / extractors etc. You could probably get most of that for $100 bucks right now, and it would ensure your rifles will be running trouble free decades from now, ban or no ban.

ALL of the proposed new assault weapon bans list, and target Spare parts, and lower receivers, partly to prevent new weapons from being built, stripped lowers from being completed, and repair parts for the working guns you do have. So if you don't have that crap BEFORE  the next big ban hits, you either will never have it, or be paying 10x more for the same shit you can get now for dirt cheap PLUS 10 pmags thrown in.

I hope to hell there will never be another federal assault weapon ban that targets our semi auto guns, lowers, spare parts and mags that hold over 10 rounds..... I REALLY hope there wont be... However id bet solid money on just that very thing happening when we get the next dem controlled gov. Republicans might all be spineless idiots that NEVER accomplish ANYTHING when they are in charge, but the damn democrats, the idiot clueless fucks that they are, can damn well get their agenda pushed forward when they are in charge, and hell, even when republicans are in charge as well.  Banning assault rifle / semiauto military style rifles is the thing at the VERY, VERY, VERY top of the Democrats wish list, they will ABSOLUTELY shove one through when they are back in charge.

GET OFF YOUR ASSES AND STOCK UP ON SPARE PARTS, MAGS, AND FUCKING AMMO, WHILE ITS CHEAP AND EASY TO GET ! !  !

You should definitely contribute to PRO gun groups, and PRO gun politicians. ( lol), and even help support people like NOLO who are fighting for our rights..... HOWEVER, you still need to be well stocked up to make it through those desperate times when bad things do happen / panics / bans, etc.
View Quote
Great points! I have spare parts for my spare parts.
Having said that, I have been building complete functioning firearms along the way, whenever possible. If a functioning firearm breaks/malfunctions, I won't be cannibalizing a working firearm, the broken/malfunctioning firearm will become a spare parts donor if needed. Same with BCG's, I have 12 Colt BCG's I got from SA when Chris first started selling them, knew those would be gone before long.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 4:32:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Im planning on doing some shooting this weekend with a few family members who are coming into town, so today I worked on my range a little, painted targets, and cleaned up a little bit, and added a few new targets. Later this year im planning on building the berms bigger, but what I have right now works great for my use.

This is the 200 yard targets, which are also the pistol targets.
Attachment Attached File

Table for shooting pistols / holding guns / cases etc.
Attachment Attached File

200 yard rifle table.
Attachment Attached File

I have markers and berms every 50 yards.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Im planning on doing some shooting this weekend with a few family members who are coming into town, so today I worked on my range a little, painted targets, and cleaned up a little bit, and added a few new targets. Later this year im planning on building the berms bigger, but what I have right now works great for my use.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/92687/march_9_jpg-883547.JPG
View Quote
Damn I'm jealous...Whats with the black dog looking target....you practicing to become an ATF agent?  

I'm still 5-7 years off to having my own private shooting range...though maybe it will happen sooner.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 4:46:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Damn I'm jealous...Whats with the black dog looking target....you practicing to become an ATF agent?  

I'm still 5-7 years off to having my own private shooting range...though maybe it will happen sooner.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a generic spray paint deer / coyote target.

Mostly used for stapling paper targets to.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 4:48:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Bought a 14.5 CHF Complete Upper from PSA
1k 10mm
1k 5.56
1k 9mm
5k .22lr
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 4:50:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Adding to the pile slowly. I could only afford 80 rounds this week though.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 4:51:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/195843/E82B0E79-C408-4925-982D-DC9F65054E51_jpeg-883563.JPG
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 4:56:24 PM EDT
[#20]
That is the first time I have ever seen a black lab target hung up at a rifle range.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 4:58:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Just ordered an MBT to replace a cheaper trigger in a lower that gets a lot of mileage. Cheapo will become a spare. I also threw a 30 round Lancer L5AWM into the cart. Every gun related online purchase gets a mag thrown in the cart now.

Prayers sent up to be this month's UU kit winner
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 5:25:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/195843/E82B0E79-C408-4925-982D-DC9F65054E51_jpeg-883563.JPG
View Quote
But that's enough powder for over 4k 9mm loads, so it's good.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#23]
For those who want to buy more brass.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 6:02:30 PM EDT
[#24]
.22 lr Remington Thunderbolts 500 @ wallyworld for 14.54/box. Not a bad deal.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 6:57:15 PM EDT
[#25]
My attention is on spare parts right now

Bought carbine buffer,buffer spring,and another charging handle today.

Like to grab 2 of the PSA $50 BCG's,several gas tubes,and 4 lowers soon
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 7:04:31 PM EDT
[#26]
I’m done buying
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 7:14:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Making another ammo order on Friday morning. Also trying to put one together for a few spare parts.

I REALLY want to pickup a PSA 9mm AR but I can’t decide if it’s better to drop the coin on more ammo instead??
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 7:17:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Making another ammo order on Friday morning. Also trying to put one together for a few spare parts.

I REALLY want to pickup a PSA 9mm AR but I can’t decide if it’s better to drop the coin on more ammo instead??
View Quote
I thought about another gun, but decided on an inforce light and more ammo and a few more mags.

Now all but my mag dump ARs have weapon lights.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 7:23:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I thought about another gun, but decided on an inforce light and more ammo and a few more mags.

View Quote
I want 2 more lights too but I’m gambling they will be available when mags and ammo might not be.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Buying spare parts as well as ammo
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 7:41:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I want 2 more lights too but I’m gambling they will be available when mags and ammo might not be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point.

There's an AR in my house I felt was neglected though. And $140 is cheaper than $500+ for a new gun
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've been tempting by those AR pistols too
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 7:45:45 PM EDT
[#33]
I have been stocking up ammo the last couple months. 5.56, 9 and 22lr all decent prices but not seeing any deals on 45 ACP
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 7:48:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Jealous of your private range! Had it and lost mine in the divorce. One day......
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Who's got the cheapest parts kits these days?
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 8:04:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Good medium burn powder.

I'd personally get a 550 over a 650, or a 1050 if you are going to load a TON of ammo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have been toying with the idea of starting to reload. One of my coworkers knew that and told me her dad was getting rid of some powder and asked would I take it off his hands.

Just picked it up and apparently he gave me 20 lbs of IMR 4064. Is that a lot? As far as I can tell a Dillon 650 is good to go, right? Where do I go from here?
Good medium burn powder.

20x7000= 140,000 grains.

Say 44gr a charge you have 3,181 cartridges for a .308.

If you do want to reload be sure to buy the same brand of brass and a lot of it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 11:06:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I didn't need more ammo..
Just bought a case of Fiocchi from PSA
https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif
View Quote
One case? What a N00b
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 9:15:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Last week was slim pickins. I only added 100 rounds of 9mm HST and a brick of .22 LR. This week I'm adding more 5.56 and 9mm range ammo.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 9:39:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Last week was slim pickins. I only added 100 rounds of 9mm HST and a brick of .22 LR. This week I'm adding more 5.56 and 9mm range ammo.
View Quote
Case of 9mm coming today.

Just ordered a case of CCI SV at $0.04cpr. Suppresor food!
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Table for shooting pistols / holding guns / cases etc.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/92687/march_6_jpg-883550.JPG

200 yard rifle table.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/92687/march_1_jpg-883551.JPG

I have markers and berms every 50 yards.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/92687/march_4_jpg-883552.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/92687/14717125_10206984474682296_2038047499788827980_n_jpg-883553.JPG
View Quote
Excellent setup!
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup! I got a case of the CCI 9mm that PSA had on sale a couple of weeks ago but I need more practice ammo with all the hungry Beretta's to feed around here.

Where did you find the CCI SV at that price? That's the best suppressed .22 round I've used. The stuff even killed a coyote at about 50 feet that intent on catching one of my laying hens. 3 rounds as fast as a 10/22 can cycle did the trick with no noise other than the bolt working, I was really impressed with the CCI and that's what I prefer to stockpile.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 1:22:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Broke down and got a TS membership. Now with so many places charging tax and freight they were going to take most of my ammo money with standard pricing anyway.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 1:27:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yup! I got a case of the CCI 9mm that PSA had on sale a couple of weeks ago but I need more practice ammo with all the hungry Beretta's to feed around here.

Where did you find the CCI SV at that price? That's the best suppressed .22 round I've used. The stuff even killed a coyote at about 50 feet that intent on catching one of my laying hens. 3 rounds as fast as a 10/22 can cycle did the trick with no noise other than the bolt working, I was really impressed with the CCI and that's what I prefer to stockpile.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Target sports prime. Free shipping too.

It's fucking my wallet right in the ass.

Wolf Gold for $249 shipped too.

My 9mm 147gr Speer was $189 shipped, $169 after rebate.

Do NOT get Prime or you're toast.

Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:23:18 PM EDT
[#44]
I thank you Whiskers! My wallet..not so much.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:27:01 PM EDT
[#45]
got another 1k of cci sv today (i have well over 15k but shoot a lot), a few hundred 12ga rounds today (hunting and trap this week), 1500 9mm from psa coming friday. been stocking for a while but again i shoot a lot.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:51:51 AM EDT
[#46]
I have been saying that 2020 is going to bring with it another 2008/2012esque panic.  Plan accordingly.

Anyone who hasn't learned from history is going to be left without...  at least until the supply can catch up again.  Or if new legislation comes into play, that may not be an option.

I suspect the CA ammunition regulation is going to be the model for other states, just like the AWB was.  State-level legislation is a massive risk.

More PSA Federal 5.56 and Fiocchi 9x19 inbound.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:55:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Well, after the New Zealand AWB, watch the panic set in early
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:58:18 AM EDT
[#48]
I just impulse bought me a GSG 110 Round drum mag for my 10/22. It was on clearance at Sportsman's. Is it any good? or did I get screwed?
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 7:56:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I just impulse bought me a GSG 110 Round drum mag for my 10/22. It was on clearance at Sportsman's. Is it any good? or did I get screwed?
View Quote
They are supposed to be good. I need to buy some of those.
Page / 91
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top