Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 91
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 3:34:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Get off your ass and do your part to fight our enemies ! The Liberal / Democrat Gun Banning Hordes must be fought at all costs ! !

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 4:04:35 PM EDT
[#3]
@buck19delta

You spent too much on your other purchases and forgot the case feeder for your 650
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 4:12:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Way, way, way, way cheaper to just buy a shit load of brass and stash it. Brass is not the weak link, its primers,  and powder first....then bullets, then brass last. You could probably buy a rail car  full of brass / 50,000 lbs of brass a lot cheaper than getting the tooling to make them yourself.
View Quote
This. You don't make cases.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Psa runs free shipping seals as well.

My problem is I'm running out of space unless I start storing it in the garage or attic.   The wife got mad when I put it on her side of the closet
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who buys ammo locally anymore?
I do unless I find free shipping deals.
If you're buying by the case, I think targetsportsusa always has free shipping.
Psa runs free shipping seals as well.

My problem is I'm running out of space unless I start storing it in the garage or attic.   The wife got mad when I put it on her side of the closet
I didn't need more ammo..
Just bought a case of Fiocchi from PSA
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 5:12:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I didn't need more ammo..
Just bought a case of Fiocchi from PSA
https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif
View Quote
Mine showed up today.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 6:25:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Midsouth has a pretty good deal on Hornady 55gr cannelure 250 for 19.39$.  And spear 147gr 100 for 11.56$.

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/001532267b250/22-caliber-point224-diameter-55-grain-fmj-boat-tail-with-cannelure-250-count

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/dept/reloading/pistol-bullets/-point-355-dia/147-gr
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#13]
This thread has been costing me lately. If I don't think about it it's easy to forget current prices are most likely a great anomaly.

Any suggestions on good lpk deals? Schuyler has Aero builder kits for $19, but the shipping always gets me.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 9:34:49 PM EDT
[#14]
This is a great thread for anyone who may need a reminder to get what they need now.

I vividly remember the insanity that was the 2013 panic.  At that time I was overseas and due to many factors, had neither any firearms nor any ammo.  I started looking online and remember seeing Bushmaster Carbons listed for over $2K

Pucker moment for sure.

It was terrible.  Ammo was even worse.  There simply wasn't any.  Even the most obscure, shitty parts/ammo was all out of stock.  Went home and huge local gun stores had bare walls.

As soon as things improved (miraculously) I built a rifle and started the ammo fort.  Sure it's been said here before, but don't just buy firearms, buy the replacement parts it will take to keep them running - stuff that is separate from the "spare parts" bin.

We are always one day away from those $2k Bushmaster Carbons and empty ammo shelves.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 2:38:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This is a great thread for anyone who may need a reminder to get what they need now.

I vividly remember the insanity that was the 2013 panic.  At that time I was overseas and due to many factors, had neither any firearms nor any ammo.  I started looking online and remember seeing Bushmaster Carbons listed for over $2K

Pucker moment for sure.

It was terrible.  Ammo was even worse.  There simply wasn't any.  Even the most obscure, shitty parts/ammo was all out of stock.  Went home and huge local gun stores had bare walls.

As soon as things improved (miraculously) I built a rifle and started the ammo fort.  Sure it's been said here before, but don't just buy firearms, buy the replacement parts it will take to keep them running - stuff that is separate from the "spare parts" bin.

We are always one day away from those $2k Bushmaster Carbons and empty ammo shelves.
View Quote
I had a buddy who paid $60 apiece for 2 Pmags.  I had at least 50 at the time and told him I would have sold him
some for half price. Lol.   I still
harass him over that purchase
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 8:52:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Spent time yesterday going through the AR's; I've begun to question the 'why' of owning unfired safe queens.  I don't have any children, and I've really no one to leave them to, so what am I saving them for?  Decided it was time to start enjoying them; a restricted markings LE6920, an LT6720R, the second '18 M4A1 SOCOM, and a 6920 EPR are coming out to play.  

Time to go hands on with them and start setting them up; optics are going to be first  ::ouch::

Decided on the 5 range toys/lower tier AR's that are leaving.  Talked with the LGS and we're going to do a trade; those 5 for 5.56 and 9mm ammo.  The LGS stocks cases of Federal and CCI at fairly close to online pricing, so it's going to work out well; remove the AR's that live in my closet and replace them with ammo, and 4 unfired Colt AR's to start enjoying...
View Quote
@DarkStar

Showtime?
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 9:06:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
@DarkStar

Showtime?
View Quote
@firedog51d  Yep!  Was going to make it simple and take in one at a time starting next week but he was cool with me bringing everything in at once.  I won't be able to do it until later next week; these are range toys and blasters that I keep in the closet; no room in the safe.    I'm going to focus on actually using the spendy AR's I've got and have been sitting on.  With the market as soft as it is on most AR's trading for ammo works out.

He's got quite a bit of the CCI Blazer Brass 9mm 1k/case loose packs and Federal AE 5.56, so I'll see what we can work out.

I'm just about ready to order a few more Aimpoint PRO's this morning for the safe queen Colt's; best price I can find so far is $404 shipped...
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 9:20:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
@firedog51d  Yep!  Was going to make it simple and take in one at a time starting next week but he was cool with me bringing everything in at once.  I won't be able to do it until later next week; these are range toys and blasters that I keep in the closet; no room in the safe.    I'm going to focus on actually using the spendy AR's I've got and have been sitting on.  With the market as soft as it is on most AR's trading for ammo works out.

He's got quite a bit of the CCI Blazer Brass 9mm 1k/case loose packs and Federal AE 5.56, so I'll see what we can work out.

I'm just about ready to order a few more Aimpoint PRO's this morning for the safe queen Colt's; best price I can find so far is $404 shipped...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@DarkStar

Showtime?

you might see what he can do on ordering Aimpoints for you.  I think he had some under $400.

I know he is stocked with ammo right now.  I need ot grab some of that 9mm but I've been off work for almost 7 months...$$ is tight.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 10:02:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@DarkStar

Showtime?

The trick to having enough ammo, is putting your ammo fort in one spot, and shooting ammo in another spot. You dont shoot the ammo fort ammo. Trading guns for ammo is great, but you have to hang onto it. When you want to go shooting, stop and buy ammo on the way to the range.....then save 1/2 of it for the fort.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The trick to having enough ammo, is putting your ammo fort in one spot, and shooting ammo in another spot. You dont shoot the ammo fort ammo.
View Quote
Exactly.  My ammo fort is never touched, only added to.  My range ammo is replaced 2 for 1; shoot 500 rounds, replace with 1k.  That range ammo fort is growing as well.  Which reminds me, I need more fat .50 ammo cans, I've only got a few left...
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 10:15:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Decided I needed to start stocking up more this week, even more after NZ. Bought a 7.5” PSA 300 BO pistol kit, 420 rounds of 62gr green tip, and 500 rounds of 300 BO 220gr. Wolf Gold was already out stock at TargetSports last night, hopefully this isn’t the end of the salad days.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 10:20:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Decided I needed to start stocking up more this week, even more after NZ. Bought a 7.5” PSA 300 BO pistol kit, 420 rounds of 62gr green tip, and 500 rounds of 300 BO 220gr. Wolf Gold was already out stock at TargetSports last night, hopefully this isn’t the end of the salad days.
View Quote
Glad I just bought some.

I bought a case of 9mm a few days ago from them. It's increased in price by $20 as of yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Exactly.  My ammo fort is never touched, only added to.  My range ammo is replaced 2 for 1; shoot 500 rounds, replace with 1k.  That range ammo fort is growing as well.  Which reminds me, I need more fat .50 ammo cans, I've only got a few left...
View Quote
Ammo is stored as follows:

1. Ready ammo; kept with guns.
2. Stored ammo, away from shooting ammo. Used as needed, but replaced.
3. Deep storage, never used and added to as ammo is bought. A tithe of any purchase is added to deep storage.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 11:51:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Was going to buy some more ammo,and after looking at my inventory on my spreadsheet im good
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 1:27:59 PM EDT
[#25]
I will never do business with Cheaper Than Dirt or any of the other price gougers ever again.  Have stuck to it too.  That period didn't hurt me much because I had already stacked up pretty good, but the pricing went cray cray.  And obama didn't do crap.  Hope they go out of business.

B
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 1:33:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

3. Deep storage, never used and added to as ammo is bought. A tithe of any purchase is added to deep storage.
View Quote
I do something very similar.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Duly noted.  It amazed me right after Sandy Hook how fast things can go from "normal" to "Oh shit the shelves are empty".  It seemed to happen overnight around here.  I remember going to Academy on the Sunday following the incident and every thing seemed well-stocked and calm.  IIRC Obama made some bullshit speech about gun control on Tuesday around noon.  That afternoon out of curiosity I went back.  Complete madhouse with all gun-related things flying off the shelves.  It really made an impression on me to this day just how quickly things can change.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 1:50:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Ordered 500 62 grain M855 bullets
Plus a nifty MidsouthShootersSupply ball cap to help justify the shipping

Got my spare PSA BCG in the mail a couple days ago and a carry handle

Down to just needing SRP’s
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 1:54:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Ouch...

Order Details:

Code  Item  Qty  Price  Grand  Total
12841  Aimpoint PRO Patrol Rifle Optic | 2-MOA Red Dot Sight
4    $404.00   $1,616.00

Subtotal:$1,616.00
Tax:$0.00
Shipping Cost:$0.00
Grand Total:$1,616.00

I certify that I am at least 18 years of age:Y

Thank you for choosing Arms Unlimited!
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Ordered 500 62 grain M855 bullets
Plus a nifty MidsouthShootersSupply ball cap to help justify the shipping

Got my spare PSA BCG in the mail a couple days ago and a carry handle

Down to just needing SRP’s
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 7:48:20 PM EDT
[#31]
This morning's order:

Items in your order Qty Price

Mec-Gar Magazine for CZ 75B Anti-Friction Coating 9mm 17Rd
SKU: GAG_MGCZ7517AFC-59439
3 $62.67

Mec-Gar USA INC CZ4014AFC MAG CZ75B 40S 14R AFC
SKU: GAG_MGCZ4014AFC-59440
2 $51.78

CZ CZ P-09 Magazine 9mm 19Rds
SKU: GAG_LS-11620
1 $29.89

Magpul MAG546-BLK PMAG G17 / GL9 - 9MM
SKU: GAG_MAG546-BLK-4654-0578
2 $30.30

CZ 75B Black .40S&W 4.7-inch 10Rds
SKU: GAG_CZ7501120
1 $511.99

Barska Optics 3-12x56mm IR Euro-30 Pro Black
SKU: GAG_ES-0925009
1 $109.99

Ruger American Ranch Flat Dark Earth .300 AAC Blackout 16.12-inch 10Rds
SKU: GAG_RES-RUG26968
1 $401.99

Subtotal $1,198.61
Shipping & Handling $53.33
Grand Total $1,251.94
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Man, I am burning through my primers.

Last night at the range I picked up a bunch a .45 Colt, ACP, .38, and 556 brass too.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 8:02:25 PM EDT
[#33]
I went ahead and splurged on a Zenith Z-5RS.  All my future funds will be directed to more primers/bullets for a while.  Gonna buy some extra brass too.  I have a long list of stuff to purchase.  I had to jump on the MP5 though.  I worried I might never be able to get one if I waited too long.

I need to buy these next:

5k 9mm bullets
5k 45ACP bullets
2k 55gr FMJ bullets
10k primers
Mags
Brass
Uppers
Parts
More guns

Edit: I'm going to save this list.  These are my 2019 goals.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 10:19:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Paid $400 cash for a NIB Glock 17 gen 3.  Traded the Glock to a Fudd for a Ruger Mini-14, who needed a pistol for the house.  Traded the Ruger plus 200rds of 5.56 ammo to another Fudd for a Colt LE6920, who thought no one needs a damn black rifle.

Ordered 2 Toolcraft BCG's and a LPK.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/48273/IMAG3152_jpg-866941.JPG
View Quote
 Well done!
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 11:57:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Just picked up a 6k case of Hornady 55gr FMJ projectiles.  5.7 cents each after Brownells promo code and 6% back from Active Junky.

I don't shoot a ton of 223 so it will keep me shooting for a couple years
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:26:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Milk crates have loaded mags.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:26:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Best deal you'll ever see on Hornady 55 gr. FMJ component bullets.

On sale at 405.99 per 6000, add the 10% discount code available today, use Activejunky 6% back, and a rewards credit card....

Total price comes to roughly $337.99 or .0563 cents per bullet.

http://www.brownells.com/reloading/bullets/rifle-bullets/22-caliber-0-224-55gr-fmjbt-with-cannelure-bullets-prod115430.aspx
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 12:42:18 AM EDT
[#38]
I need more .308
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:30:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Because of this damn thread I bought 500 rounds of Wolf .223 62 grain just because.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Dems want to expand the supreme court, to control the outcomes of cases.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/18/2020-democrats-supreme-court-1223625?platform=hootsuite
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 2:23:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Dems want to expand the supreme court, to control the outcomes of cases.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/18/2020-democrats-supreme-court-1223625?platform=hootsuite
View Quote
I figured they'd been planning this for a while.   They are utterly seething that Trump won and will put his nominees on the court and will do anything for payback.

A year or two at most boys then you better have everything gun related you would ever need/want for the rest of your life.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I figured they'd been planning this for a while.   They are utterly seething that Trump won and will put his nominees on the court and will do anything for payback.

A year or two at most boys then you better have everything gun related you would ever need/want for the rest of your life.
View Quote
Ya...I'm going to keep laying in reloading components, mags and still have a few pistols I want to round things out that have standard capacity mags over 10 rounds.  After that is all set I think I will need a 1911 and revolver for my collection (have neither).

The biggest issue is stocking tons of primers, might need to store them in my detached garage so I don't have so many in the house.  Been trying to do research to see if 10k limit is in effect here in MI.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Duly noted.  It amazed me right after Sandy Hook how fast things can go from "normal" to "Oh shit the shelves are empty".  It seemed to happen overnight around here.  I remember going to Academy on the Sunday following the incident and every thing seemed well-stocked and calm.  IIRC Obama made some bullshit speech about gun control on Tuesday around noon.  That afternoon out of curiosity I went back.  Complete madhouse with all gun-related things flying off the shelves.  It really made an impression on me to this day just how quickly things can change.
View Quote
It will change even faster next time.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Today I grabbed...
1k small pistol primers
1k large pistol primers
1lb unique
1lb 2400
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would sit at home and watch websites with live stock just plummet. I was pretty comfortable with my stock and could just sit in amazement and show my wife who was shocked at the climate.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 6:21:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Another 1,200 rounds of Wolf Gold in a 50cal ammo can hit the fort today. I'm out of ammo cans now though. Need a good deal to pop up.

Thank God Target Sports is out of Wolf Gold at the moment

Link Posted: 3/18/2019 6:32:30 PM EDT
[#47]
I have been toying with the idea of starting to reload. One of my coworkers knew that and told me her dad was getting rid of some powder and asked would I take it off his hands.

Just picked it up and apparently he gave me 20 lbs of IMR 4064. Is that a lot? As far as I can tell a Dillon 650 is good to go, right? Where do I go from here?
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 6:41:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
People in California, and new york.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 6:43:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or me... Deals
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:02:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The biggest issue is stocking tons of primers, might need to store them in my detached garage so I don't have so many in the house.  Been trying to do research to see if 10k limit is in effect here in MI.
View Quote
Buy what you want.  This is America.
Page / 91
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top