Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 46
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:04:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I have some neat stuff to give away today.

Attachment Attached File

MOE SL midlength handguards in black

Mossie Midnight FSB light mount by Arisaka
Get this $60 Olight and you’re good to go.

IWC MLOK sling adapter

BFG universal wire sling loop

Rifle extension/buffer/spring

Carbine buffer ONLY
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 4:19:35 AM EDT
[#2]
So I was perusing uppers and handguards. The only one I have any experience with is the Aero one I have on the Trash Panda, and I was wondering if I used a regular set of handguards, not a free float tube, what else would I need with them to make it work on the barrel? Front and back retainers and a barrel nut? I honestly don't know - would love to find another free float one, but they seem to be pricey new, except for the NCStar stuff, which I am assuming, (based on previous experience with that brand), they are a half step above airsoft stuff, if that. I haven't gotten an upper receiver yet, was eyeing a slick side AR Stoner one on MidwayUSA for about $60, when/if funds come available, no forward assist and no dust cover. It seemed like a good one for as lightweight a build as I could pull off with very limited funds. Any suggestions? It will be a while, of course.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 5:02:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So I was perusing uppers and handguards. The only one I have any experience with is the Aero one I have on the Trash Panda, and I was wondering if I used a regular set of handguards, not a free float tube, what else would I need with them to make it work on the barrel? Front and back retainers and a barrel nut? I honestly don't know - would love to find another free float one, but they seem to be pricey new, except for the NCStar stuff, which I am assuming, (based on previous experience with that brand), they are a half step above airsoft stuff, if that. I haven't gotten an upper receiver yet, was eyeing a slick side AR Stoner one on MidwayUSA for about $60, when/if funds come available, no forward assist and no dust cover. It seemed like a good one for as lightweight a build as I could pull off with very limited funds. Any suggestions? It will be a while, of course.
View Quote
There's nothing behind the sight block but a retainer with a regular forearm. At the receiver end, you have the delta ring assembly, as opposed to the free float barrel nut.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 5:42:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Something tell me it would be easier just to try to find another free float tube, less extra parts to find.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 6:39:12 AM EDT
[#5]
So, with any luck, I've got 2 stripped lowers on the way, and will only need to repair one of them. Love a challenge.  That one will go to the Junior warboss.  It may take a weird turn, though. Kind of orkish. The other (undamaged) one will go to my pizza driver friend. As soon as I have them in hand, I'll lay out what I've got to see which puzzle pieces are missing.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 7:14:21 AM EDT
[#6]
What kind of repair do you need to do?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 7:53:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What kind of repair do you need to do?
View Quote
Need to 'adjust' the size of a pin hole. Nothing I can't handle. The trick is to make it fun.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 7:57:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Im looking for noveske parts.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 8:59:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Here you go.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:46:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Seriously man? What is your problem?

This is a very useful thread that has helped many members complete guns they otherwise may not have been able to, myself included. If you don't have anything to contribute go troll on another thread. You think you're being funny with your edgy posts, but all you're doing is being a waste of bandwidth.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:37:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:40:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Looks like a vast majority of his posts are like this. He doesn't contribute much other than to his post count.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously man? What is your problem?

This is a very useful thread that has helped many members complete guns they otherwise may not have been able to, myself included. If you don't have anything to contribute go troll on another thread. You think you're being funny with your edgy posts, but all you're doing is being a waste of bandwidth.
Looks like a vast majority of his posts are like this. He doesn't contribute much other than to his post count.
Just put him on ignore, he’s one of the people that’s a completely useless troll but technically doesn’t violate the COC so he gets to stay.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 12:06:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Just put him on ignore, he’s one of the people that’s a completely useless troll but technically doesn’t violate the COC so he gets to stay.
View Quote
I feel like my quality of life goes up every time I use the ignore feature.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:  Need to 'adjust' the size of a pin hole. Nothing I can't handle. The trick is to make it fun.
View Quote
I don't have a tracking #, but it should've gone out yesterday.  The right side safety hole was enlarged.  My BIL had a trick on my drill press to make the safety selector move more freely; I tried it on this one but did it more than just a titch before I got it turned off.  

ETA:  My 1st cast lower from the AR15Mold.com mold came out looking great!  Then I broke the trigger guard w/ a hammer.  

It's just a flesh wound, though.  Nothing that some Kragle won't fix.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Just checking in on the builds. How's it going guys?

@Sdingman, how's the build going? Used to that weather up there yet?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 3:45:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

IM sent
View Quote
Got the parts. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 6:13:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Ignore is only for paid members, right? Maybe next year.
Edit to add, was just told I have a gas tube inbound, thank you!
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:14:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Got the Surefire 762 3 prong torqued and timed. All I need is the vfg, Optics, and light and she is complete. But she is shootable now. Just need to take her and zero her with the irons.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:03:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Frankengun Chapter 5

Inga.
Dr.Backbencher has blessed us with parts from his latest victim, errr patient.   Go to him.   Make him forever grateful.

But Doctor,
I have yet to recover from thanking Dr Talons.   He was quite,

um,

um,
g-e-n-e-r-o-u-s.
Generous?
How so?
Lets just say,
he is full of the spirit of giving,
and delivers a package that every woman would LOVE to receive!

(cough, hack, snort, wheez, gasp...)
Very well.
Elizabeth!  
YOU GO!
With Pleasure!  Doctor.

(Arriving at the backbencher castle...)
ohhh,
Dr. backbencher,
is it twuuuuuu?

what they say about youuu?
Oh MY!

Its TWUUU!

Its TWUUU!

(at the backbencher castle,  three days later.)

Doctor,
I really must go.

556 schwanzstuckers is my limit!
(at the Fronkonstein castle, later that night)
Dr. Fronkonstein, you really should consult with Dr. backbencher more often.

He has such unique talents!
Really?
How so?
He only specializes in certain transplants.
Transplants that drive women wild!
You should see what he can do for you!

And he only uses the liveliest octopus!

Thanks to Talons and backbencher for donating the following parts.    Final chapter real soon.  The build was done a while ago, but a broken hand and a really nasty viral infection has knocked me on my butt, and  this “wonderful” computer technology rarely seems to work right.   I’ve spent more time on these posts than actually building the pistol.

Back to the lab!
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:28:02 PM EDT
[#23]
If you break your hand while rubbing your meat, you're doing it wrong, bud.  

Glad to see you back.  Did you get the rattle in the upper figgered out?  I was wondering if it was still present when the buffer was pressing against the BCG.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 12:01:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:  Got the Surefire 762 3 prong torqued and timed. All I need is the vfg, Optics, and light and she is complete. But she is shootable now. Just need to take her and zero her with the irons.
https://i.imgur.com/ymtLfy4.jpg
View Quote
tarheel, forgive me, I lose track.  Who contributed to your build, and what did you have on hand?
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 3:34:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I don't have a tracking #, but it should've gone out yesterday. The right side safety hole was enlarged.  My BIL had a trick on my drill press to make the safety selector move more freely; I tried it on this one but did it more than just a titch before I got it turned off.  

ETA:  My 1st cast lower from the AR15Mold.com mold came out looking great!  Then I broke the trigger guard w/ a hammer.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Need to 'adjust' the size of a pin hole. Nothing I can't handle. The trick is to make it fun.
I don't have a tracking #, but it should've gone out yesterday. The right side safety hole was enlarged.  My BIL had a trick on my drill press to make the safety selector move more freely; I tried it on this one but did it more than just a titch before I got it turned off.  

Thanks. I'll get is squared away and built ASAP
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 3:55:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Not sure? Under their post Click the user info tab and look there.
View Quote
Nope, not for me. No worries.

Going to be taking another new person out soon to enjoy the Trash Panda! In the meantime, the parts slowly come together for the other one - son and wife aren't sure who gets it now...i amy have to do some OT to buy a regular lower and build another one soon.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 11:51:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I don't have a tracking #, but it should've gone out yesterday.  The right side safety hole was enlarged.  My BIL had a trick on my drill press to make the safety selector move more freely; I tried it on this one but did it more than just a titch before I got it turned off.  

View Quote
It just keeps getting colder
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 12:11:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/172095/36FE2CB0-B4AD-4BF0-AC67-A43A328119B2_jpeg-772478.JPG

IWC MLOK sling adapter

Carbine buffer ONLY
View Quote
May I have the FSB light mount and sling adapter please sir??
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 12:21:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/172095/36FE2CB0-B4AD-4BF0-AC67-A43A328119B2_jpeg-772478.JPG

IWC MLOK sling adapter

Carbine buffer ONLY
View Quote
@King_mud I’ll take your hand guard buffer spring and buffer if you still have it. Thanks

Junk AR nearly complete, gotta put the free bear creek veterans barrel to good use!
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 12:31:38 PM EDT
[#31]
And since I found this page and I’m asking I have a few pieces to throw in

UTG verticals grip

Not sure what brand precision pistol grip

And a FDE Magpul trigger guard

Link Posted: 12/16/2018 12:38:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:  @King_mud I’ll take your hand guard buffer spring and buffer if you still have it. Thanks

Junk AR nearly complete, gotta put the free bear creek veterans barrel to good use!
View Quote
What purpose does your Junk AR serve?
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:  May I have the FSB light mount and sling adapter please sir??
View Quote
What are you building, and what purpose does it serve?
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 12:47:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not 100% sure yet was either going give it to my dad as his first rifle or my brother who is in the air force who has zero firearms but has shown interest in the past.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 12:49:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:  @King_mud I’ll take your hand guard buffer spring and buffer if you still have it. Thanks

View Quote
View Quote
I have a rifle extension/buffer/spring set or just a carbine buffer, which are you wanting?

Quoted:
Quoted:  May I have the FSB light mount and sling adapter please sir??
View Quote
What are you building, and what purpose does it serve?
View Quote
@Avila33
@Sdingman

I’m not terribly picky about the exact reason why you want them but this should still be handled as per OP’s thread guidelines. They’re yours after that.

Edit: looks like we were typing at the same time.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Sorry missed the adding reason part initially. I like this I will dig through my stuff to see if I have other parts that I can contribute besides the 3 I just posted

ETA

king_mud  just the carbine buffer

Junk AR is nearly complete just missing mil spec buffer tube, buffer spring, buffer and Handguard.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 12:55:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:  Not 100% sure yet was either going give it to my dad as his first rifle or my brother who is in the air force who has zero firearms but has shown interest in the past.
View Quote
A worthy cause.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 1:00:23 PM EDT
[#38]

ETA. The pistol grip on this AR is also up for contribution as I have a featureless grip and fixed stock coming for it as I am in CA....
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 1:05:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:  I’m not terribly picky about the exact reason why you want them but this should still be handled as per OP’s thread guidelines.
View Quote
The reason you have to have a genuine need is to attract donors.  There's already a pay-it-forward thread elsewhere, linked in the OP.  Here, we're giving parts away, and we're looking for good causes to give parts to.  If it just becomes a thread where folks post what they don't need, and someone says,"I'll take it", donors will stop showing up.

Look @ the recent "I need a scope for a young boy" thread.  A good cause, and GD pulled out all the stops - got the kid ammo, shooting muffs, a cleaning kit, and I don't know whatall.

I get that you WANT a part that's been offered up.  It's pretty.  It's free.  You have a place to put it.  But do you NEED it - do you honestly not have the wherewithal to build a complete rifle as a gift, the truck gun you should have, etc?  I'm not saying you should deprive little Timmy of new shoes to build your truck gun - I'm saying that if you already have 87 ARs, you should be on the donor side of the equation, and help out those without beater rifles - whether it's the poster that doesn't have an AR in his truck, or has relatives/friends/neighbors without ARs.

On another note, since the original thread that spawned this one, the AR lower thread, has just about died, I'm considering merging that function into this one.  Thoughts.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The reason you have to have a genuine need is to attract donors.  There's already a pay-it-forward thread elsewhere, linked in the OP.  Here, we're giving parts away, and we're looking for good causes to give parts to.  If it just becomes a thread where folks post what they don't need, and someone says,"I'll take it", donors will stop showing up.

Look @ the recent "I need a scope for a young boy" thread.  A good cause, and GD pulled out all the stops - got the kid ammo, shooting muffs, a cleaning kit, and I don't know whatall.

I get that you WANT a part that's been offered up.  It's pretty.  It's free.  You have a place to put it.  But do you NEED it - do you honestly not have the wherewithal to build a complete rifle as a gift, the truck gun you should have, etc?  I'm not saying you should deprive little Timmy of new shoes to build your truck gun - I'm saying that if you already have 87 ARs, you should be on the donor side of the equation, and help out those without beater rifles - whether it's the poster that doesn't have an AR in his truck, or has relatives/friends/neighbors without ARs.

On another note, since the original thread that spawned this one, the AR lower thread, has just about died, I'm considering merging that function into this one.  Thoughts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I’m not terribly picky about the exact reason why you want them but this should still be handled as per OP’s thread guidelines.

I totally agree and just meant that I don’t have a specific requirement in mind.

FWIW there’s a shop near me that has a boatload of take off carbine handguards and A2 grips. I’ll see if I can make a deal with them.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 1:22:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I have a rifle extension/buffer/spring set or just a carbine buffer, which are you wanting?

@Avila33
@Sdingman

I’m not terribly picky about the exact reason why you want them but this should still be handled as per OP’s thread guidelines. They’re yours after that.

Edit: looks like we were typing at the same time.
View Quote
I completely forgot to post it but I am building a home defense/ range machine on the cheap. I’ve posted a few pictures in the thread but those smal parts will help the cause.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'd be good with that. Assuming it takes mod approval, but it makes more sense to me for these to be one thread instead of split into two.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 3:51:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
And since I found this page and I’m asking I have a few pieces to throw in

UTG verticals grip

Not sure what brand precision pistol grip

And a FDE Magpul trigger guard

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/476203/FFE8AC28-14A5-4497-8A40-548A1135D361-774281.jpg
View Quote
I'll take the grip.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 3:56:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/476203/CEECA894-4DAB-4AE6-815F-A30DD1936784-774339.jpg

ETA. The pistol grip on this AR is also up for contribution as I have a featureless grip and fixed stock coming for it as I am in CA....
View Quote
What exactly are getting rid off?
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 4:15:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:  I'd be good with that. Assuming it takes mod approval, but it makes more sense to me for these to be one thread instead of split into two.
View Quote
No, just me updating the OP.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 4:15:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

What exactly are getting rid off?
View Quote
Just the pistol grip
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:13:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'll take the grip.
View Quote
Precision grip or UTG vertical grip?
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:14:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Precision grip or UTG vertical grip?
View Quote
ETA as backbencher said what is the intended purpose?
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:14:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Just the pistol grip
View Quote
i'll take it
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:44:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Merge the two threads? Great idea!
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top