Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/14/2018 7:34:52 PM EDT
you gear phags can thank me later.

Olight Direct $60 Valkyrie 2 1200 Lumen

yes it is a very good light. I have one.....well, now 3

Link Posted: 12/14/2018 7:37:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Does this fit a TLR1 shaped holster or is it an original design?
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 7:40:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I am a GD idiot, I have no idea
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 7:44:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Just found my Christmas present.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 7:46:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Original design, does not fit a TLR-1 holster.

Edit: great lights, I have two. One lives on my HD pistol 9mm, and the other on my 11.5" AR.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 7:49:34 PM EDT
[#5]
fuck that it won't take RCR 123 batteries
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 7:54:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Jesus, how much brighter can a light get?
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hold my Surefire and watch this!
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 7:59:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is the reason I don’t own one.

I’d love to test it, Olight has a growing fan base. And the price/features are on point. But I couldn’t use it on any of my holsters, and that is very unfortunate
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 8:01:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have two 3200 lumen Olights, though neither are weapon lights. One takes a 26650 battery, and the other takes three 18650s.

They just released the Warrior X, their 2000 lumen rifle light.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 8:14:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Do they wrap it up like a douche?
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 8:27:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Difference between CR123a and RCR123? Not trying to be a smart ass - just acquired my first Glock and need a light. A bright one. I am an old ass MOFO.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 8:52:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
All the lumens
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 8:56:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Difference between CR123a and RCR123? Not trying to be a smart ass - just acquired my first Glock and need a light. A bright one. I am an old ass MOFO.
View Quote
@HD357

RCR123 is a 3.7 volt rechargable lithium ion cell. CR123 is a 3 volt lithium primary (non-rechargable) cell. The extra 0.7 volts (nominal) per cell can mess with some electronics.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 8:58:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Chinese undercutting the US weapon light market knocking off US designs, then selling them to us for the cost of materials while using slave labor to produce them.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 9:09:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I’d love to test it, Olight has a growing fan base. And the price/features are on point. But I couldn’t use it on any of my holsters, and that is very unfortunate
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I started to order one on Black Friday, but waited, I did order a M2R warrior and a baton and am very impressed.
Ordered one, thanks OP

?? Perfect 1,500 Lumens - Olight M2R Warrior
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 9:09:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
@HD357

RCR123 is a 3.7 volt rechargable lithium ion cell. CR123 is a 3 volt lithium primary (non-rechargable) cell. The extra 0.7 volts (nominal) per cell can mess with some electronics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@HD357

Roger that @GreatDane .... Many thanks.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 9:19:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I was looking at the pl mini.  It's rechargeable and 450lm.  I was worried the 1200lm would be too bright for inside my house and reflect back off the walls.

Is it ok?
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 9:40:15 PM EDT
[#18]
A rumor in the night.

Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 9:43:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bet my 1,000 lumen X300U will maintain peak output longer as the Olight steps down pretty quickly. Also, I hate the switches on the Olight.

It’s not a Surefire or a Streamlight but for $60 there’s no reason not to buy one if you don’t have a WML.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 9:46:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn you, GD!  Damn you to hell!  My wallet hates you!  My wallet curses you!  Stop costing me money!
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I was looking at the pl mini.  It's rechargeable and 450lm.  I was worried the 1200lm would be too bright for inside my house and reflect back off the walls.

Is it ok?
View Quote
Too much for me for indoor use, particularly in a small home.
Great outdoors or in an Amazon warehouse.

All the lumens have their place. Still, great price. But made in China should be cheap.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes it will, it just won’t have the same runtime. The rechargeable’s will not last as long due to the lower mAh rating.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are three types of lithium batteries that fit the CR123A form factor, which is 16mm diameter and 34mm in length.  The three are CR123A primary, RCR123 3.2v rechargeable and the 16340 3.7v rechargeable.

The first two are more, or less, equivalents--the CR123A coming out of the pack at ~3.25v and the 3.2v RCR123 coming hot off the charger at about 3.6v.

These are not the same as the 16340, which is 3.7v nominal, but comes hot off the charger at 4.2v.

You can see the potential for trouble using a 4.2v cell in a light designed with a 3.0v driver.

We can get away with swapping the primary with a 3.2v RCR123, but stepping up to the 16340's 4.20v might just blow a driver, killing the light.

Chris
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:39:30 PM EDT
[#24]
I had an olight once. Biggest hunk of junk I ever saw.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:48:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
if been beating the crap out of mine for the last few weeks.
I have the same in my OP, so I ordered 2 more I am so impressed.

Actually, I ordered 3, one for someone else, and I get a free M1T......whatever the fuck that is.

I really am impressed with mine.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:49:59 PM EDT
[#26]
You missed the Bushnell 1500 lumen with batteries at WMT for $20 recently.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:50:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Actually, I ordered 3, one for someone else, and I get a free M1T......whatever the fuck that is.

View Quote
The M1T is a tail click single 123 cell "tactical" light.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:53:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Mushy button on mine. Relegated to a toy gun. Streamlight only for me.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 11:09:52 PM EDT
[#29]
I emailed Olight two days ago "We recommend only using the cr123's in that light."Jesse.  It takes two cr123, so the rechargeable would raise the voltage to around 7.2. A wee bit on the warm side.  If just one battery you would probably be safe.  I did not realize this when I purchased mine, but primaries are not that expensive.  I was looking at the Mini, but with no way to replace the battery I chose this one.

As far as brightness, dang will it light up a room.  You can just blind an intruder.  I have dark tan walls, and it was quite a surprise.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:14:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I emailed Olight two days ago "We recommend only using the cr123's in that light."Jesse.  It takes two cr123, so the rechargeable would raise the voltage to around 7.2. A wee bit on the warm side.  If just one battery you would probably be safe.  I did not realize this when I purchased mine, but primaries are not that expensive.  I was looking at the Mini, but with no way to replace the battery I chose this one.

As far as brightness, dang will it light up a room.  You can just blind an intruder.  I have dark tan walls, and it was quite a surprise.
View Quote
I agree, 1200 lumens will light up a house.....
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:21:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Hopefully my SIL paid attention to the link I sent him for my Christmas present.  I sent that link
2 weeks ago.  I'm looking forward to Xmas morning
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:32:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Another rubber in the night!...
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:33:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Just bought another one, thanks, I guess....
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:38:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Is it ok?
View Quote
I picked up the pl mini Valkyrie on Black Friday, it is bright enough for anything you need. It will light up your yard and house but not blind you with flash back. I'm impressed. Also love the magnet charger as it's on my carry/night stand gun, so it stays charged
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:39:12 AM EDT
[#35]
CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THE RECOIL ISSUE WITH THE PL 2!?!?

There is a thread on Reddit about it. Many people appear to be experiencing an issue with the light failing from recoil....

https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/8e7ymw/olight_pl2_warning_does_badly_under_heavy_recoil/
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:39:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Ordered one last night along with a S2R Baton II flashlight.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:42:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

There is a thread on Reddit about it. Many people appear to be experiencing an issue with the light failing from recoil....

https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/8e7ymw/olight_pl2_warning_does_badly_under_heavy_recoil/
View Quote
Tag for important information regarding failure under recoil.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:44:56 AM EDT
[#38]
YOU.
FUCKING.
FUCKS!!

Had the light weight AR and SOCOM devoid of their own white light. These'll fit the bill.

Grabbed a third to just hose-clamp to the .30 Carbine..
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:46:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

M1T is a single CR123 light with a tail cap clicky. Not rechargeable. (2) light levels on opposite ends of the lumen range, IIRC...
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:49:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Believe Mr G&G has a review video on a fde one of these...

ETA:

[youtube]F6mrKvCx1FM?list=PLDjWgqNr1roeNs7DAAtWTEjWmOP6iAgi5[/youtube]
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:53:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Is it ok?
View Quote
@slydog68

The mini is GTG.

Punches way above its weight class IMO

it’s my HD gun light
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:56:48 AM EDT
[#42]
95.46 mean spherical candela.... That's some solid output. What's the battery lifespan?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
I haven't tested mine extensively yet but my 10mm HST hand loads recoil more heavily than any other 10mm ammo I've shot and my PL2 is doing fine.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:57:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I picked up the pl mini Valkyrie on Black Friday, it is bright enough for anything you need. It will light up your yard and house but not blind you with flash back. I'm impressed. Also love the magnet charger as it's on my carry/night stand gun, so it stays charged
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it ok?
If you don't mind me asking, do you remember what you paid on Black Friday?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:58:29 AM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:59:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
@slydog68

The mini is GTG.

it’s my HD gun light
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it ok?
@slydog68

The mini is GTG.

it’s my HD gun light
My 1200 will allow me to see the PRO dot just fine.

I also shot a few hundred rounds out of this with the light attached and it works just fine.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:20:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Is it ok?
View Quote
I have the PL Mini.. and bought the Streamlight TLR7 to compare it to. The Olight Valkyrie PL Mini uses an internal (non-removable) rechargeable battery through a magnetic charging cable (pretty cool actually, and you can charge it while attached to a firearm). The Streamlight TLR7 uses a single CR123A battery, and you have to remove the light to replace the battery.

Pluses on the PL Mini:

• Has a 'quick attach/detach' rail system, similar to LaRue or other. Seems stable, I don't know how durable it is though; I'll let others test that. Useful for trying on different firearms

• As mentioned, magnetic recharging through a USB cable

• Small form factor, but does not fit any existing holsters that I've found

• Battery seems to hold a charge for a while as you would hope; I've had it sitting by my computer here for months and it still lights up

Minuses on the PL Mini:

• The 'quick attach/detach' system lines up perfectly with the sharp corner of the 'clasp' hitting my support-side thumb during recoil. If I was doing a high round count session it would get annoying..

• Because the battery is non-removable, if it suddenly dies while you're operating there's nothing you can do. If you're going to be out in the field for a while I'd recommend an external battery bank and an extra-long charging cable to keep it hooked up constantly.

• The activation controls seem a little stiff on mine.. hasn't been used all that much, so maybe it'll loosen, but it is enough to throw off your aim slightly.

The TLR7 on the other-hand, has the usual screw-type attachment (using a coin, or maybe a casing), has controls slightly different from the TLR1 but still familiar. Instead of a 'downward swipe' on the TLR1 it is a 'sideways press', so if you're used to the TLR1 (I keep a TLR1-HL on my Home Defense pistol) it'll take some adjusting. The TLR7 is 500 lumens compared to 400 on the PL Mini, and while I don't have pictures handy there IS a slight difference in favor of the TLR7. As noted above, you do need to remove it to change batteries; you load from the front though. Instructions say to remove but to be honest I haven't tried with it attached..

All that said, I've found the TLR7 to be better for my needs; I think I paid $100 for the TLR7 and $60 for the PL Mini.. I EDC at least one Streamlight flashlight also so I may be a little biased..
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:22:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I haven't tested mine extensively yet but my 10mm HST hand loads recoil more heavily than any other 10mm ammo I've shot and my PL2 is doing fine.
View Quote
What's your recipe? I've got a bunch of HST's I need to load...
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Paypal only
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:34:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it ok?
I think it was somewhere around $45 shipped and they threw in a free rechargable light for your keychain that usually sells for $17
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top