User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 46
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 6:48:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@Click2Boom
if that's around 10" that would just about be the last major part I need to finish my arm the bakers build.

If longer than that i'll leave it for someone else
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
i have a quad rail that im not using anymore for someone in need

http://i62.tinypic.com/m8lph3.jpg
@Click2Boom
if that's around 10" that would just about be the last major part I need to finish my arm the bakers build.

If longer than that i'll leave it for someone else
It is the psa sqr 11".  Specs are on psa's site.  It was probably made by parallax tactical, who were oem for similar handguards for a few diff comlanies
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 11:06:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:. It is the psa sqr 11".  Specs are on psa's site.  It was probably made by parallax tactical, who were oem for similar handguards for a few diff comlanies
View Quote
Dremel makes a 10" rail.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 11:54:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It is the psa sqr 11".  Specs are on psa's site.  It was probably made by parallax tactical, who were oem for similar handguards for a few diff comlanies
View Quote
I can make it work. i'll just make a flash can for him.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 12:49:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I have asked an import/export company if they might give us a hand sending bits to the Snow Mexicans.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:58:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have asked an import/export company if they might give us a hand sending bits to the Snow Mexicans.
View Quote
DHL is your friend...or so I heard. Some guy sent parts to some other guy in some other country and labeled it "machine parts"...threw in a few other bits of aluminum pipe, etc. ITAR can be a bitch...
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 11:02:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:  DHL is your friend...or so I heard. Some guy sent parts to some other guy in some other country and labeled it "machine parts"...threw in a few other bits of aluminum pipe, etc. ITAR can be a bitch...
View Quote
Yeah, as we say, that's A technique...  When we're publicly donating and receiving parts, the recommended technique is to keep things all above board.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 2:06:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Updated OP w/ new Bear Creek prices ($220) and PSA link for complete uppers - carbine or mid-gas for $200, w/ BCG.  PSA links not hot b/c they participate in AvantLink w/ ARFCOM to sell your browing data.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 9:42:15 PM EDT
[#8]
It's here!

New barrel!

TP 2 is starting to take a little shape. Still need several items but getting there!

Link Posted: 12/3/2018 11:40:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 11:56:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Got 3 complete furniture sets, and a bunch of handguards and grips last couple of days.  Will post em next week, don't quote this post.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 3:34:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has a pretty narrow ID, do you want me to measure? I had it on a 12 and it was close to tge threads.  Happy to help if it works tho.

Here's a link to it.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/palmetto-state-armory-sqr-11-free-float-rail.html

Attachment Attached File

It's honestly a pretty nice handguard, i think its the same as the noveske-branded ones.  It is pretty slim and has qd sockets in good places.   Dremelling it shorter is kinda cringey lmao

ETA - i just read back a few pages, garred has better than avg dremel skills
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was looking at cutting down a rail I got here and it wouldn't work due to angles and cutouts in the rail. I ended up using it on a different project. I have a carbine handguard set I took off another rifle and may use it for my stepdads gun. I would like it to have a full length rail but he can't complain for free. If no one claims your rail for a gun let me know.

BTW: I still have the YHM quad carbine rail if anyone wants it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has a pretty narrow ID, do you want me to measure? I had it on a 12 and it was close to tge threads.  Happy to help if it works tho.

Here's a link to it.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/palmetto-state-armory-sqr-11-free-float-rail.html

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/389059/Screenshot_20181204-093509_png-760614.JPG

It's honestly a pretty nice handguard, i think its the same as the noveske-branded ones.  It is pretty slim and has qd sockets in good places.   Dremelling it shorter is kinda cringey lmao

I was looking at cutting down a rail I got here and it wouldn't work due to angles and cutouts in the rail. I ended up using it on a different project. I have a carbine handguard set I took off another rifle and may use it for my stepdads gun. I would like it to have a full length rail but he can't complain for free. If no one claims your rail for a gun let me know.

I could use it. I've decided that, for Christmas, I'm going to try and cobble together trash pandas for 2 close friends. One is a guy delivering pizzas who has 3 kids, so his discretionary fundage is pretty much nil. The other is a kid who I've known for years, and whose entire arsenal consists of a bubba'd SMLE that I sold him a year or so back.

In related news, I need to lay hands on a couple of low rent lowers, since I'm probably going to end up buying them myself. If anybody has any leads, IM me. I already thought of the lower givaway thread, but that thing is pretty much dead.

ETA: The SMLE was bubba'ed when I got it, which was why I sold it.

ETA2: As per the new rules, I'm editing to add pics and thank the sponsors.  First the pic. Per naming rules, this is Trash Panda 19A:

Attachment Attached File

Heroes who donated parts:

Tothemax: YHM forearm.
Backbencher: Barrel and buffer tube.
BHD44: Stripped upper.

Pics for TP19B forthcoming.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 7:54:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#15]
$35 lowers in the $285 AR for Christmas thread.

ETA:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/2047298_-285-AR-thread-for-Christmas-.html
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 8:36:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The Rail is yours! :) Ill message you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's a link to it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/389059/Screenshot_20181204-093509_png-760614.JPG

I could use it. I've decided that, for Christmas, I'm going to try and cobble together trash pandas for 2 close friends. One is a guy delivering pizzas who has 3 kids, so his discretionary fundage is pretty much nil. The other is a kid who I've known for years, and whose entire arsenal consists of a bubba'd SMLE that I sold him a year or so back.

In related news, I need to lay hands on a couple of low rent lowers, since I'm probably going to end up buying them myself. If anybody has any leads, IM me. I already thought of the lower givaway thread, but that thing is pretty much dead.

Thanks!

BTW, given that I'm now building a couple of TPs for friends, most of my 'pass it on' stock will probably be spoken for.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 12:04:11 AM EDT
[#17]
But spoken for, for a worthy cause.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 10:06:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:13:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Sweet! Going to order the gas block and gas tube this payday, try to work an OT or two for the Bear Creek side charger upper combo next payday.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 2:50:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Simple request if allowed.

Putting together an 10" AR pistol for my Father out of the extra parts I've collected. I have many of the major parts, complete upper, lower with most of the LPK I think. Even have a few braces he can choose from.

One item I don't have an extra of is a buffer.  In truth I even have most of the parts for one (various weights and bumper from a KAK kit)  but no main body.  If someone has one or knows of a cheapo place to grab one (Might have found one for $9 shipped) that would be cool.

After this build is done I'll see what I have to offer here.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 3:12:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Simple request if allowed.

Putting together an 10" AR pistol for my Father out of the extra parts I've collected. I have many of the major parts, complete upper, lower with most of the LPK I think. Even have a few braces he can choose from.

One item I don't have an extra of is a buffer.  In truth I even have most of the parts for one (various weights and bumper from a KAK kit)  but no main body.  If someone has one or knows of a cheapo place to grab one (Might have found one for $9 shipped) that would be cool.

After this build is done I'll see what I have to offer here.
View Quote
Got a carbine buffer and spring configured as an H3 if you need it, just shoot me a PM.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Got a carbine buffer and spring configured as an H3 if you need it, just shoot me a PM.
View Quote
I've got a spring. Let me see what I have for weights. Not sure if I'll need one that heavy (or maybe I can just reconfigure it)

I'll let you know.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:54:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I've got a spring. Let me see what I have for weights. Not sure if I'll need one that heavy (or maybe I can just reconfigure it)

I'll let you know.
View Quote
If you've got any steel weights you can reconfigure it, since it's all tungsten right now. I unfortunately don't think I have the steel weights around anymore, but I'll check when I get some time.

Or hey, just chuck it in there as an H3 and see if it runs. You may be surprised!
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If you've got any steel weights you can reconfigure it, since it's all tungsten right now. I unfortunately don't think I have the steel weights around anymore, but I'll check when I get some time.

Or hey, just chuck it in there as an H3 and see if it runs. You may be surprised!
View Quote
Nah i'm good

PM'd
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Nah i'm good

PM'd
View Quote
And it's yours!
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Ok I would to build and AR for my son. Here is the list of parts that i have. Anything you guys can do would be appreciated.

Barrel
Rail
Charging handle
Trigger
Lower parts group
Optic
Flash suppressor
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 4:38:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Ok I would to build and AR for my son. Here is the list of parts that i have. Anything you guys can do would be appreciated.

Barrel
Rail
Charging handle
Trigger
Lower parts group
Optic
Flash suppressor
View Quote
Buffer itself is spoken for, but I've got a tube, castle nut, end plate, spring, and then a foregrip as well (picatinny) if you're interested. Shoot me a PM
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 6:52:15 PM EDT
[#28]
@backbencher

Finally got all the parts in from Black Friday sales to complete the 22 LR build for my folks!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#29]
That's awesome, man.  Got my MIL into a Ruger SR-22, wanting to feed it Eley 42 grn LRN supers.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:24:39 PM EDT
[#30]
I could use 2000 rounds of 556 if anyone has some to spare
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:31:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:59:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Why are you back? Contribute or get out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I could use 2000 rounds of 556 if anyone has some to spare
Why are you back? Contribute or get out.
Not sure if trolling or stupid, but either way I agree.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 9:24:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 9:59:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Buffer itself is spoken for, but I've got a tube, castle nut, end plate, spring, and then a foregrip as well (picatinny) if you're interested. Shoot me a PM
View Quote
IM sent
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 12:08:26 AM EDT
[#35]
I am hoping there is a payout on holiday time at work sometime this month or next - if there is, there is going to be some giving from my side. I think I have all the parts left for the lower at the PO and in the safe.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 8:06:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's a link to it.

Rail arrived today. It's purdy. I'll try to post a mockup of the parts I have so far.

Still need to find a cheap lower. Anybody have any of the bunged up Cavarms they're tired of trying to fix?
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#37]
@ARHank
I got my bolt catch and mag release today, mag release installed. I think I dropped the detent for the bolt catch! Dagnabbit. Once that is done and the parts are correctly installed, (Note, correctly), all I will need is a buttplate or recoil pad and P2 lower will be done. Big thank you out!
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:08:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
@ARHank
I got my bolt catch and mag release today, mag release installed. I think I dropped the detent for the bolt catch! Dagnabbit. Once that is done and the parts are correctly installed, (Note, correctly), all I will need is a buttplate or recoil pad and P2 lower will be done. Big thank you out!
View Quote
Sweet! I'm still dragging ass on designing a 3d printed buttplate. One of the other members here had made one. I printed it and it works but I want to make one with the little trap door. I can print you a non-trapdoor version if you want?
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:35:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:42:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Bump. Its been awfully quiet lately. Anyone get anything done?
View Quote
Got two packages shipped out the other day, haven't gotten anything from this thread but in a similar spirit I'm just awaiting a muzzle device, anti-rotational tab for a handguard, and a 2mm ball driver for an SLR gas block. Then it's just a matter of mounting a vise, and I'll be helping my friend build her first gun and first AR just in time for Christmas! Parts are all on their way. She knows she's getting an AR, but doesn't expect it until mid/late 2019.

I think a picatinny VFG is about all I've got left for spare parts ATM, though I should have a stock available once her build is done. Got two right now, gonna see which one she likes more and then the other will be available. Otherwise I'm just sticking around here to see other people's builds come together, because this is just a great thread!
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:57:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 2:47:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Sweet! I'm still dragging ass on designing a 3d printed buttplate. One of the other members here had made one. I printed it and it works but I want to make one with the little trap door. I can print you a non-trapdoor version if you want?
View Quote
That would be quite awesome sir! I never did figure out what to keep IN that spot anyway.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 2:50:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I used to run VFG's on my rifles and went away from them. Why I don't recall but I feel like I want to find a short one and try it again. I may have to look for one in the EE or ebay.
View Quote
I have no foregrip on Trash Panda but some rail covers my buddy put on in the spots my hand touches that free float rail. Never used those before or had my hand that far out on a rifle, works quite well.
I didn't get the gas block or gas tube ordered this pay period, things cam up,but January is a 3 payday month. Gotta check that lottery ticket to see if everyone else on this thread is going to get $10,000 gift accounts at PSA...
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 7:03:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

And it's yours!
View Quote
Got it today!

Now to dig everything else out and start building.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 7:41:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Barrel
Rail
Charging handle
Trigger
Lower parts group
Optic
Flash suppressor
View Quote
I've got a Ruger cast flash hider I'm tired of looking at. @03screwlariat

If you want to Im me your address I'll USPS them your way.

Now on my side anyone have a delta ring assembly and handguard cap they don't want.

Also on the list... To give away.

Midlength drop in basic round.

308 ar rifle buffer.

Link Posted: 12/13/2018 8:08:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Now on my side anyone have a delta ring assembly and handguard cap they don't want.

308 ar rifle buffer.

View Quote
I actually have a flash hider. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 8:53:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Got it today!

Now to dig everything else out and start building.
View Quote
Nice! Hope it works well for you!
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Christmas build.  Off topic:

Attachment Attached File

Turns out that's a 27" bbl from muzzle to bolt face - from a 27" Green Mountain Blank.  Paladin Machine Service rocks!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Paladin-Machine-Service/106042336407804

My FIL made the bayonet lug from a P-14 lug and cleaned up the Chassepot rifle bayonet and its 22" blade made in 1869.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 1:12:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Combination rifle/boar spear.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:24:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

308 ar rifle buffer.

View Quote
Round or triangle cap? Do you need the barrel nut, or just the Delta ring, spring and retainer? I've got probably half a dozen.
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top