BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only way to get people more comfortable with guns again is to expose them to them.

View Quote

Replace "expose them" with "educate them" and I would heartily agree.
The in your face tactics of OCT and Kory Watkins most certainly worked against the cause.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 5:01:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

The in your face tactics of OCT and Kory Watkins most certainly worked against the cause.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The only way to get people more comfortable with guns again is to expose them to them.

For long guns, yeah, that was 99.9% idiocy. Handguns are far less noticeable, and if you carry yourself like a professional and make an effort to present yourself well, people will assume that you're "allowed" to carry, if they even notice it. I usually wear dark polos and some sort of cargo shorts or pants (most likely pants if I'm OC'ing) so I doubt most people will even notice unless they're behind me in a checkout line or something. I'm often mistaken for a cop or military anyway

Of course, if you have an Uncle Mike's paddle stuck into your sweatpants... yeah... "He gotta gun y'all run!"

Attention whoring is obvious, and doesn't really elicit a positive reaction from anyone, even fellow gun owners, unless they're the same type of attention seeker.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 5:34:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Things will end poorly with this one.  There are MANY rural police departments (especially Sheriff's offices) that don't require uniforms.   Many don't even require a badge to be displayed, only one readily available.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:10:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Meh, concealed is concealed. IDGAF
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:19:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I spent the last week in Kentucky and Tennessee visiting family. On the drive from the airport I stopped at several stores to pick up some things (liquor, food, ice, coolers, etc.) and saw several people open carrying. No hysteria, no uneasiness, no one even blinked an eye, except for me.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:35:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I spent the last week in Kentucky and Tennessee visiting family. On the drive from the airport I stopped at several stores to pick up some things (liquor, food, ice, coolers, etc.) and saw several people open carrying. No hysteria, no uneasiness, no one even blinked an eye, except for me.
View Quote

Oh no, that's can't be true. The truth is the only people that notice are OTHER gun people seeing what someone else is carrying, most of us don't throw a fit though.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:56:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Meh, I don't really care either way.

My question is, how many people that are complaining about whataburger stating this, also complained about companies being forced to participate in LGBBQ weddings?

You can't have it both ways. Either the private establishment has the right to choose who they do business with or they don't.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:27:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Either the private establishment has the right to choose who they do business with or they don't.
View Quote
I think most of us realize that, and are just disappointed that WB would choose this route.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 5:03:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I am afraid this may turn into one of those, "careful what you wish for" things........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is why OC is a mistake.  Ive had my CHL for 8 years now and Im now worried that we're gng to start seeing more businesses going this direction.  All the armchair operators are going to ruin it for the rest of us.

I am afraid this may turn into one of those, "careful what you wish for" things........

ding ding ding! Businesses all over have already started ordering the new 30.06 signs. While I conceal, I am either going to have to be really picky where I shop/eat or just ignore the signs altogether. I think the only place I will open carry is at a private/friends backyard BBQ, because I have this sweet 1911 that looks good in the holster with a belt and my boots.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 5:17:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think most of us realize that, and are just disappointed that WB would choose this route.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Either the private establishment has the right to choose who they do business with or they don't.

I am not sure why the disappointment,
this has been their policy for a while now.

They are not saying you cannot carry, they are saying that they prefer not to see it.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:46:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Did hear an interesting point made:

Is this because they're open 24/7 and a popular after bar hangout?  Are they afraid of cowboys coming in after they get done closing down the bar at 2am and want to show off or whatever?  I've seen / heard / know of plenty of instances where one person gets a bit boisterous while getting their taquitos.
Easier to say no guns 24/7 than no guns 11 - 11.  

Just food for thought.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 12:17:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Did hear an interesting point made:

Is this because they're open 24/7 and a popular after bar hangout?  Are they afraid of cowboys coming in after they get done closing down the bar at 2am and want to show off or whatever?  I've seen / heard / know of plenty of instances where one person gets a bit boisterous while getting their taquitos.

Easier to say no guns 24/7 than no guns 11 - 11.  

Just food for thought.
View Quote

The lefties have truly done a thorough job in getting the sheep worked up thinking Texas is going to be the wild west. Once reality sets in, I think you'll see these policies and signs go away and everyone will realize that Texas is pretty much like any other state. (in this context)
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 12:57:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I am not sure why the disappointment

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh... because some of us will be OC'ing, and we won't be able to while eating there?

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 6:35:54 AM EDT
[#14]
How many people here actually plan on open carrying anywhere?
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 7:27:37 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

How many people here actually plan on open carrying anywhere?
View Quote
Me, especially in the summer. I've been hoping for OC for years.

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 7:30:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Uh... because some of us will be OC'ing, and we won't be able to while eating there?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My point was/is....  
this is not a new policy. it's been their policy for a while.

It didn't seem to really bother people during the years when it only affected people carrying long guns,

but now, its a problem because people feel like their rights are being violated?

again, they did not come up with this policy because of the new law here in Texas,
they have had his policy at their restaurants in states that already have OC.

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 7:54:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

My point was/is....  

View Quote
And some of us were unaware of it until now.

Is it okay if I'm disappointed?

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 8:00:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My point was/is....  

yep.

I guess it just surprises me that with all the OC Texas stuff that has been going on,
so many people here think this is a reaction to the new law that hasn't gone into effect yet,

Seems the OC Texas people certainly made a fuss about it.

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 9:54:00 AM EDT
[#19]

Our local Chicken E in Mineral Wells would not honor this.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top