BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/1/2015 8:44:09 PM EDT
Very disappointed in Whataburger.

Reply link in this reply to my e-mail.

Good Afternoon

Thank you for contacting Whataburger Restaurants. We always appreciate the opportunity to hear from our guests. We do respect and support our customers’ second amendment right regarding gun ownership. However, Whataburger does not allow the open carry of guns or other firearms in the restaurants for the safety and comfort of our other customers and employees. We ask that you leave your gun in your vehicle.

Once again, thank you for contacting Whataburger Restaurants, and I hope you have a great day.

Best Regards,

Christina Chapa
Customer Care Team
Whataburger Restaurants
[email protected]
View Quote

It will be interesting to see what they do between now and Jan 1.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:56:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I know it says "Whataburger does not want weapons inside our restaurants" but it sounds like they are really just talking about open carry.  Until they start posting 30.06 signs (or whatever other legal signage) I'm not gonna worry too much.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:57:31 PM EDT
[#2]
fuck em

I like BK fries better anyway
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:59:22 PM EDT
[#3]
So what do they do if a uniformed and armed security guard comes in open carrying a pistol on a duty belt?  Do they ask them to leave also?
Since, you know, they aren't an LEO, merely a licensed individual.

Buncha dumb shits...  still have to have a license to carry it open in the first place.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:54:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe time for a letter writing to cooperate headquarters in San Antonio.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:02:45 PM EDT
[#5]
So just untuck your shirt or cover up with a jacket and stroll in. They aren't posting 30.06 and this is only in regards to open carry. Didn't say anything about concealed carry.

I know my local Jack-In-The-Box isn't going to have any trouble with open carry.
I was being lazy one evening and didn't bother taking off my competition gear after a match. When the manager saw my empty holster and mag pouches, he approached me at my table and assured me that they welcome firearms in their establishment.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:04:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buncha dumb shits...  still have to have a license to carry it open in the first place.
View Quote

That memo was in response to OC idiots carrying long guns, no license required.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:08:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I specifically ask if they were going to post the proper signage.
That was their reply.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:12:57 PM EDT
[#8]
You all act surprised that they don't like open carry. I guarantee there will be more.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:33:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So what do they do if a uniformed and armed security guard comes in open carrying a pistol on a duty belt?  Do they ask them to leave also?

View Quote

Theyre breaking the law if they go into WB with their gun on them, theyre only allowed to openly carry it to and from work, no side errands. Stopping to get gas is technically illegal.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:46:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That was their reply.
View Quote

If that's what you asked then their answer really sounds to me that they won't be posting signage and won't care about concealed carry.  I'd bet they simply don't want idiots like Snowboots chasing away customers and unfortunately that means they have to ask all open carriers to not carry inside.  Assuming I am correct I don't really blame them.  We have threads in GD all the time about people being unsafe at a range causing others to leave, if I walked into a Whataburger and saw some moron taking selfies while holding a rifle at the low ready then I might be tempted to leave too just to avoid a potential train wreck.  Like I said before, I'm not going to get upset until they start posting proper signage.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:29:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If that's what you asked then their answer really sounds to me that they won't be posting signage and won't care about concealed carry.  I'd bet they simply don't want idiots like Snowboots chasing away customers and unfortunately that means they have to ask all open carriers to not carry inside.  Assuming I am correct I don't really blame them.  We have threads in GD all the time about people being unsafe at a range causing others to leave, if I walked into a Whataburger and saw some moron taking selfies while holding a rifle at the low ready then I might be tempted to leave too just to avoid a potential train wreck.  Like I said before, I'm not going to get upset until they start posting proper signage.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That was their reply.

I'm about as pro gun as you can get, but if i owned a business I wouldn't want Fatty and Snowboots or other OCT types like them finger fucking their rifles inside my business either.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:15:34 AM EDT
[#12]
told everyone, I am a business owner and sorry to say it but its true
I don't need my customers and clients scared because of open carry
its just automatic logic, see a gun..feel uneasy
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:31:45 AM EDT
[#13]
OP, did you notice the bottom line of that memo that you posted?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:45:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
OP, did you notice the bottom line of that memo that you posted?
View Quote

Not an employee, just sharing a bit of information.
My employer sends us lots of things I disagree with, but in no way would I post it outside the work environment.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:36:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Yawn.

Property rights are good.

I pretty much carry where I please, but I don't feel I would have a right to OC on someone's property against their wishes.  Whataburger is not the enemy.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:54:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You all act surprised that they don't like open carry. I guarantee there will be more.
View Quote

Yep, the "Look At Me, I Have A Gun" douche bags are going to make January 2016 interesting!

OC in Texas is not going to be like it is in other states.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:14:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yep, the "Look At Me, I Have A Gun" douche bags are going to make January 2016 interesting!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The first six weeks or so should be quite entertaining.
I wonder if the number of 30.07 signs will outnumber the number of 30.06 came Jan 1?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:29:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Will there be an open carry party somewhere?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:43:32 AM EDT
[#20]
The first few weeks of the new year will be interesting here in TX.

I don't plan on using my new open carry rights very often if at all.

But will be interesting to see how the general public behaves when folks
OC in some places where the soccer moms are not used to seeing
scary guns.

I hope common sense is more common than usual.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:44:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Huh, guess I won't be eating at whataburger anymore
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:30:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Theyre breaking the law if they go into WB with their gun on them, theyre only allowed to openly carry it to and from work, no side errands. Stopping to get gas is technically illegal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That changed years ago.  Stopping to get gas, a cup of coffee at 7-11, nor eating at Whataburger are unlawful for an armed guard.  

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:28:22 AM EDT
[#23]
My CHL instructor at Frisco Gun Club mentioned that when Oklahoma went open carry, business owns freaked out and started posting what ever their equivalent of 30.06/07 in droves because of all the people walking in the stores doing OC.

The unintended consequence of Oklahoma OC was the concealed carry became restricted in more places.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:14:07 AM EDT
[#24]
This is why OC is a mistake.  Ive had my CHL for 8 years now and Im now worried that we're gng to start seeing more businesses going this direction.  All the armchair operators are going to ruin it for the rest of us.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:27:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This is why OC is a mistake.  Ive had my CHL for 8 years now and Im now worried that we're gng to start seeing more businesses going this direction.  All the armchair operators are going to ruin it for the rest of us.
View Quote

I am afraid this may turn into one of those, "careful what you wish for" things........
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:30:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1

I was saying the same thing in another thread and I was called a freedom hater. The bottom line is concealed carry is a win win. We get to carry and be able to protect ourselves and the general public doesn't even know. Open carry is going to cause a lot of backlash and I am afraid after a few month we will see that it was not a gain for gun rights but instead a loss as many places will post signage.

Let's face it. The average person doesn't want to go sit down to eat somewhere when the guys at the table next to them who are clearly not cops are wearing guns on their hips. It will just be like the Starbucks fiasco a bunch of look at me idiots are going to be so blatant about carrying that they are going to run off the businesses clientele and the business is going to post signage.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:33:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This is why OC is a mistake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

OC is not a mistake. Why is Texas so dysfunctinal it cannot do what other states like AZ, VA, etc., can do.

Quoted:
All the armchair operators are going to ruin it for the rest of us.

These people are the mistake.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:34:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
My CHL instructor at Frisco Gun Club mentioned that when Oklahoma went open carry, business owns freaked out and started posting what ever their equivalent of 30.06/07 in droves because of all the people walking in the stores doing OC.

The unintended consequence of Oklahoma OC was the concealed carry became restricted in more places.
View Quote

Not much chance of that here, since the businesses need both 30.06 and 30.07 signs.

I would like to make it harder for businesses to put up and anti-gun, anti-carry signs. Business want to create a murder zone and not allow me to protect myself, have them required to PAY for an uniformed officer for every 20 customers. When it costs business REAL money then they will think less about disarming the public.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:36:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

OC is not a mistake. Why is Texas so dysfunctinal it cannot do what other states like AZ, VA, etc., can do.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
All the armchair operators are going to ruin it for the rest of us.

Too many liberal bedwetters here. Never had a problem in AZ open carried nearly all the time. I'd see 4-5 people everyday open carrying.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:14:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Mean while.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:19:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Not much chance of that here, since the businesses need both 30.06 and 30.07 signs.

I would like to make it harder for businesses to put up and anti-gun, anti-carry signs. Business want to create a murder zone and not allow me to protect myself, have them required to PAY for an uniformed officer for every 20 customers. When it costs business REAL money then they will think less about disarming the public.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good idea, but we cant even get them to pass something requireing schools to.have mag locks on exterior doors and make it to where u have to go threw the office to get buzzed in to enter the school. And thats stuff that would stop alot of the wackos for shooting up school. I just dont see them passing anything for bussiness. I wish they would tho
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:29:26 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Texans.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:24:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So just untuck your shirt or cover up with a jacket and stroll in. They aren't posting 30.06 and this is only in regards to open carry. Didn't say anything about concealed carry.

I know my local Jack-In-The-Box isn't going to have any trouble with open carry.
I was being lazy one evening and didn't bother taking off my competition gear after a match. When the manager saw my empty holster and mag pouches, he approached me at my table and assured me that they welcome firearms in their establishment.
View Quote

Untuck your shirt right in front of them and proceed with your order!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:18:25 PM EDT
[#35]

Do you know which locations are doing this?  All I can find in the news is a location in Arkansas.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:07:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come back to me in a year when you are restricted from carrying in half the establishments that you used to.

Keep in mind that TX is home to a ton of corporate HQ and these other podunk states are not.  I know of a major consumer facing company in DFW that is already discussing their plans to handle OC.  Lets just say they arent planning to put welcome signs up.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:32:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Come back to me in a year when you are restricted from carrying in half the establishments that you used to.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The sky is falling! At least it will only be a Class C if I get caught carrying there!

Quoted:

Keep in mind that TX is home to a ton of corporate HQ and these other podunk states are not.  I know of a major consumer facing company in DFW that is already discussing their plans to handle OC.

Well they have had 46 other states to handle OC in, why would TX be any different?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:30:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The sky is falling! At least it will only be a Class C if I get caught carrying there!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attitudes and statements like this are not helping.  If the media gets ahold of this kind of sentiment it will only lead to more establishments shunning OC/CC.  

And posting something like this in a public forum probably not the smartest idea.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:49:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:Come back to me in a year when you are restricted from carrying in half the establishments that you used to.

Keep in mind that TX is home to a ton of corporate HQ and these other podunk states are not.  I know of a major consumer facing company in DFW that is already discussing their plans to handle OC.  Lets just say they arent planning to put welcome signs up.
View Quote

Agree 100%
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 5:16:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I wonder if the number of 30.07 signs will outnumber the number of 30.06 came Jan 1?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It won't be long after that before you start seeing alot of 30.07 signs.  Out of sight, out of mind.  As soon as they start seeing guns in their businesses they will post 30.07 signs, especially after the first yahoo comes in with twin micro Uzis in shoulder holsters.  Open carry isn't going to be very convenient because of the number of places that will prohibit it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:48:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Agree 100%
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Come back to me in a year when you are restricted from carrying in half the establishments that you used to.

Agree 100%

Have you guys ever been to ANY other state than Texas. Or are you scared to go more than 20 miles from your home?

Lived in Arizona, no big deal seeing people open carrying, worked out of Virgina, here again no big deal. I will say I saw a lot more open carrying in Arizona, mostly because Arizona has had OPEN CARRY SINCE IT BECAME A STATE IN 1912.

All you bedwetters need to move to California or New York, YOU deserve to live in a state with FUCKED UP gun laws.

Of course ALL the open carry states have NO major corporations in them You sound like IDIOTS spouting the anti-open carry B.S.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:28:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Have you guys ever been to ANY other state than Texas. Or are you scared to go more than 20 miles from your home?

Lived in Arizona, no big deal seeing people open carrying, worked out of Virgina, here again no big deal. I will say I saw a lot more open carrying in Arizona, mostly because Arizona has had OPEN CARRY SINCE IT BECAME A STATE IN 1912.

All you bedwetters need to move to California or New York, YOU deserve to live in a state with FUCKED UP gun laws.

Of course ALL the open carry states have NO major corporations in them You sound like IDIOTS spouting the anti-open carry B.S.
View Quote

Good post.

Everybody calm down. There were similar dire predictions waaay back when CC passed, only there weren't Internet forums where folks could meet and compare notes and worry each other.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:23:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Missed out on that one. Their chicken strips, catfish and hush puppies rock.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:01:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That changed years ago.  Stopping to get gas, a cup of coffee at 7-11, nor eating at Whataburger are unlawful for an armed guard.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is however up to the individual LEO you encounter as to whether or not you are going to be charged with UCW.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:37:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree 100%

Actually i've visited almost every state in the US and lived in 2 foreign countries.  But what does that have to do with anything?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:27:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It is however up to the individual LEO you encounter as to whether or not you are going to be charged with UCW.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually it's not.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:50:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

So.......the fix is ANOTHER law?
You sound just like Michael Bloomberg.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:58:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Good idea, but we cant even get them to pass something requireing schools to.have mag locks on exterior doors and make it to where u have to go threw the office to get buzzed in to enter the school. And thats stuff that would stop alot of the wackos for shooting up school. I just dont see them passing anything for bussiness. I wish they would tho
View Quote

<---teacher

Magnetic locks stop wackos?
Tell me how that works on the playground.

FYI, magnetic locks only keep honest people honest and offers absolutely ZERO hindrance to someone intent on shooting up a school.
Anyone who thinks a magnetic lock protects their kids school has never seen what a rock does to a glass door.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:58:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree 100%

Yea. Scared to go more than 20 miles from my house. esad Good one. Only time will tell.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:33:59 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, screw freedom

The only way to get people more comfortable with guns again is to expose them to them. Concealed carry doesn't do that.

It's about time that Texas joins the other 40+ states that allow OC.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top