BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 10:32:24 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can get a citation if a game warden catches you with more than the allowed 3 rounds in a rifle, it's stupid.

At least PA allows rifles and handguns at its public ranges unlike NJ.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like the area, that three round shit sucks

<snipped>

3 rounds... that begs the bigger question, why?

Better quality range time for others who are shooting?

Slow down the rate of fire?

Or the misguided thinking others will be safer? As if hell bent on intent to do harm to others will be stopped by the words alone.

OK, I'll play. Am I not going to appear normal, shoot a few 3rd mags to assess the range conditions for my *nastiness*. When satisfied conditions are optimal not pull out my 30-40+ mags hidden in my sack and then do the nasty?

Really, someone help me here. It is never the tool, always the person.  

You can get a citation if a game warden catches you with more than the allowed 3 rounds in a rifle, it's stupid.

At least PA allows rifles and handguns at its public ranges unlike NJ.

I think hes asking why rather than what if.

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 11:47:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because that's what the regs say.  The reasoning behind it has to do with the fact that the SGL shooting ranges primarily exist to support the hunting community, and allow hunters to sight in.  In my best Cuomo-esqe voice, "Nobody needs 30 bullets to kill a dee-ah".  So the "only load 3 rounds" is intended to keep the semi-auto crowd (which you can't use to hunt in PA anyway" inconvenienced enough, that they don't want to use an SGL range for just recreational shooting.

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Because that's what the regs say.  The reasoning behind it has to do with the fact that the SGL shooting ranges primarily exist to support the hunting community, and allow hunters to sight in.  In my best Cuomo-esqe voice, "Nobody needs 30 bullets to kill a dee-ah".  So the "only load 3 rounds" is intended to keep the semi-auto crowd (which you can't use to hunt in PA anyway" inconvenienced enough, that they don't want to use an SGL range for just recreational shooting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Like I said, go closer to dusk
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 4:15:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 5:32:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Like I said, go closer to dusk
View Quote

Gotta be careful there...  buddy and I almost got cited for shooting after hours.  Apparently, "sunset" is whenever they decide, regardless of whether or not the big ball of hydrogen is still just above the horizon.  His active duty status bought us just enough good will that we received warnings instead.

Link Posted: 9/8/2016 7:43:22 PM EDT
[#6]
the game comish doesnt play or take shit, they have more powers then the PASP.
the three round shit is because the cry baby Fudds back in the day. i use Private land only these days for the  most part.
Susquahanna and Bradford counties on any given weekend.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 1:45:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Or the misguided thinking others will be safer? As if hell bent on intent to do harm to others will be stopped by the words alone.

OK, I'll play. Am I not going to appear normal, shoot a few 3rd mags to assess the range conditions for my *nastiness*. When satisfied conditions are optimal not pull out my 30-40+ mags hidden in my sack and then do the nasty?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like the area, that three round shit sucks
<snipped>

It's public ranges run by the state game commission They use to be free, now they are free if you have a hunting license.  If not you can buy a permit to use them.

Since the ranges are run by the game commission and paid for with hunting license fees, they are intended to be there as a service for hunters to shoot.  So they instituted the 3 rounds in a magazine at a time to dissuade AR and AK shooters from target practicing, and "shooting up the ranges"   I'm actually surprised they even allow semi-autos at the range, since they are illegal to hunt with in PA.  

Our laws for owning guns are great, but the FUDD runs deep in our hunting laws and Game Commission policies.

ETA:  The official reason is so that people can ask for a cease fire to check/change targets without having to wait for a long string of shooting to finish.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top