Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/3/2016 1:11:31 PM EDT
In a 2013 lawsuit brought by ANJRPC and its Executive Director Scott Bach, the New Hampshire Supreme Court today unanimously invalidated an administrative regulation preventing non-residents from qualifying for a New Hampshire carry license unless they have a carry permit from their home state. The regulation unfairly discriminated against residents of states like New Jersey, which make it difficult or impossible to obtain a home state permit.
View Quote

https://anjrpc.site-ym.com/page/WINinNHNonResCarry
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 7:33:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool.  we'll be able to carry again in PA...  until their AG determines that NH's laws are no longer similar to PA, and invalidates their reciprocity agreement.  But then again, she's got so many other problems she's dealing with now, perhaps this won't be too high on her list of to-do's before she's disbarred, fired, and convicted (one can hope, can't one?)

Awaiting instructions from ANJRPC on how to apply.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 7:53:26 PM EDT
[#2]
wow impressive
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 10:42:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe I had a NH permit a while ago.
Nice people to deal with.
It was taking a while, so I called.
They told me they were waiting on NJSP to send the requested info.
I told them honoring the peoples rights is not top priority for them, and it may never get there.
I had plans on a bike run  to Laconia and pretty much needed it by then.
They said they'd wait a few more days for NJSP.
A week later it was in my mailbox.
Good people. At the time it was something like $25 for 4 -5 years. I'm pretty sure that changed.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:17:24 AM EDT
[#4]
$100 for 4 years for non-residents
Details here:http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/ssb/permitslicensing/plupr.html
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 9:32:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cool.  we'll be able to carry again in PA
...  until their AG determines that NH's laws are no longer similar to PA, and invalidates their reciprocity agreement.  But then again, she's got so many other problems she's dealing with now, perhaps this won't be too high on her list of to-do's before she's disbarred, fired, and convicted (one can hope, can't one?)

Awaiting instructions from ANJRPC on how to apply.
View Quote
Can you please ELI5?

Doesnt doing this go against the exemptions for transporting in NJ?
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:10:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm always transporting to a place of target practice, and therefore, covered under exemption.  The property is authorized for target shooting by the owner of the property (who bears a striking resemblance to myself).
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm always transporting to a place of target practice, and therefore, covered under exemption.  The property is authorized for target shooting by the owner of the property (who bears a striking resemblance to myself).

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What about for the common folk who may or may not have in-laws/extended family in PA and periodically visit for a long weekend every now and then.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Technically FOPA should protect a NJ resident taking a handgun to PA for purposes of carry, as long as it's transported accordingly:

Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle:
Provided
That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 8:07:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Technically FOPA should protect a NJ resident taking a handgun to PA for purposes of carry, as long as it's transported accordingly:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle:
Provided
That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.

Technically yes. Technically that dude from Utah shouldn't have spent a week in Essex county correctional. Good luck to anyone that gets pulled over with a gun in their car in nj. FOPA, LOL.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 11:20:48 PM EDT
[#10]
How many times has your trunk gotten searched when you got pulled over.  I am going to guess zero.  FOPA absolutely protects you just don't have hollowpoints with you as they have been known to kill people without even being fired from a gun...they are that evil.  

This will probably be a short lived victory...as mentioned before the PA AG will probably no longer accept NH permits when she gets wind of this.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 9:23:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Any update on this? I checked the NH application for non-res and it still requires a carry permit from the home state for consideration.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Any update on this? I checked the NH application for non-res and it still requires a carry permit from the home state for consideration.
View Quote

My understanding is that they are approving applications without it. I haven't sent in mine yet.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 10:11:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My understanding is that they are approving applications without it. I haven't sent in mine yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

$100 is alot of keish

Link Posted: 7/13/2016 1:14:14 PM EDT
[#14]
They are accepting applications on the old form. I mailed my application yesterday.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They are accepting applications on the old form. I mailed my application yesterday.
View Quote

what did you put for reason?
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 10:54:36 AM EDT
[#16]
As the back of the form says "all proper purposes".
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 8:15:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Let us know how u made out after you get it !
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Out of curiosity, what's stopping the PA AG from disqualifying NH permits as well? Seems like a good way to throw out $100.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 7:55:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Out of curiosity, what's stopping the PA AG from disqualifying NH permits as well? Seems like a good way to throw out $100.
View Quote

Nothing really, although with pending felony charges and a suspended law license she likely has much bigger fish to fry.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Nothing really, although with pending felony charges and a suspended law license she likely has much bigger fish to fry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?!?! Couldn't have happened to a more wonderful person. May she rot in prison.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:00:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Really?!?! Couldn't have happened to a more wonderful person. May she rot in prison.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, the trial begins Aug 8. I don't think we have too much to worry about regarding further CCW reciprocity changes from her.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 10:03:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:02:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Yea, nothing to see here.
Nope, nepotism? Naaaaa
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 6:20:48 PM EDT
[#24]
what state do the references need to be from ?

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#25]
I used New Jersey residents.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#26]
in for the updates.
Let me know how this works out.

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Permit arrived today.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 4:35:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Permit arrived today.
View Quote

Awesome.  And now that Kane has resigned as PA AG, hopefully there won't be a big push to re-do the NH reciprocity agreement.

ETA:  Did you have to include something explaining that NJ won't issue a carry permit, or do they just now know to waive the in-state requirement for NJ?  Did you include a copy of your FID card?

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#29]
They know NJ does not issue. Sent FPID UT and VA permits.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 6:01:47 PM EDT
[#30]
~sigh~
this shit always happens whenever I run into a little extra $$$$.....
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 10:06:09 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote
Do we need to have either UT or VA or both permits plus NJFID? Or is NJFID alone good enough? Thanks

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 11:01:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Do we need to have either UT or VA or both permits plus NJFID? Or is NJFID alone good enough? Thanks  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sent everything I had. I do not know the minimum that they will accept.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 3:23:08 AM EDT
[#33]
whats a FPID ?

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 3:25:24 AM EDT
[#34]
fk Kane... POS

Quoted:

Awesome.  And now that Kane has resigned as PA AG, hopefully there won't be a big push to re-do the NH reciprocity agreement.

ETA:  Did you have to include something explaining that NJ won't issue a carry permit, or do they just now know to waive the in-state requirement for NJ?  Did you include a copy of your FID card?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Permit arrived today.

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 3:54:10 AM EDT
[#35]
she's Done son....

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 8:19:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
whats a FPID ?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
whats a FPID ?

Quoted:

Your NJ Firearms ID card
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 11:01:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Permit arrived today.
View Quote

how long after your check was cashed did you get the permit?
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 12:11:20 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Permit arrived today.
View Quote
Have you "tried it out" yet?

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 1:32:20 PM EDT
[#39]
I have had Florida and Virginia permits since 2007. I carried regularly in Pennsylvania and Delaware, until Kane canceled reciprocity. So this permit is more of a restoration than anything else. Yes, it gets used regularly.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 1:10:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What about for the common folk who may or may not have in-laws/extended family in PA and periodically visit for a long weekend every now and then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Join one of the many ranges out here that are $25-$30 per year.  Every time you are leaving NJ it can be to go shooting.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 1:16:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
How many times has your trunk gotten searched when you got pulled over.  I am going to guess zero.  FOPA absolutely protects you just don't have hollowpoints with you as they have been known to kill people without even being fired from a gun...they are that evil.  

This will probably be a short lived victory...as mentioned before the PA AG will probably no longer accept NH permits when she gets wind of this.
View Quote

The wicked witch has been convicted and resigned last month.  I don't think the new guy will be making this a priority.

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Join one of the many ranges out here that are $25-$30 per year.  Every time you are leaving NJ it can be to go shooting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I frequent the SGL in Archbald (NEPA) does that count?

ETA: Yes I have a shooting permit valid at SGL's

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 6:46:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Permit arrived today.

About 10 days, got mine last week.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 8:42:39 PM EDT
[#44]
I like the area, that three round shit sucks

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:06:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Permit arrived today.

I just got mine yesterday, sent in 7/19, check cashed 8/29.. I have not checked, but none of my references called to say they inquired

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:49:22 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yea it's pretty ghey.

If you go closer to sundown it's pretty empty tho

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:50:13 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I just got mine yesterday, sent in 7/19, check cashed 8/29.. I have not checked, but none of my references called to say they inquired?

View Quote
Is this a question or a statement

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 9:11:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just got mine yesterday, sent in 7/19, check cashed 8/29.. I have not checked, but none of my references called to say they inquired?

statement, sorry
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 9:50:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

3 rounds... that begs the bigger question, why?

Better quality range time for others who are shooting?

Slow down the rate of fire?

Or the misguided thinking others will be safer? As if hell bent on intent to do harm to others will be stopped by the words alone.

OK, I'll play. Am I not going to appear normal, shoot a few 3rd mags to assess the range conditions for my *nastiness*. When satisfied conditions are optimal not pull out my 30-40+ mags hidden in my sack and then do the nasty?

Really, someone help me here. It is never the tool, always the person.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snipped>

3 rounds... that begs the bigger question, why?

Better quality range time for others who are shooting?

Slow down the rate of fire?

Or the misguided thinking others will be safer? As if hell bent on intent to do harm to others will be stopped by the words alone.

OK, I'll play. Am I not going to appear normal, shoot a few 3rd mags to assess the range conditions for my *nastiness*. When satisfied conditions are optimal not pull out my 30-40+ mags hidden in my sack and then do the nasty?

Really, someone help me here. It is never the tool, always the person.  

You can get a citation if a game warden catches you with more than the allowed 3 rounds in a rifle, it's stupid.

At least PA allows rifles and handguns at its public ranges unlike NJ.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top