ETA:  Has anyone activated Fo Dog?

Link Posted: 3/6/2014 8:46:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 3:12:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hey, you got a donation out of me.

Did you get a mod message about spamming?  If not, it might have come across as a fundraiser thread and those need prior approval.  I know because I got - ahem - "pee-pee smacked" for that as well when the recalls started up.  Drop Striker an IM if that's the case - he's an honorary Coloradan after the help he offered us, I'm sure he won't mind multi-citizenship.

FWIW, our new organization, the Colorado Second Amendment Association is highlighting what's going on in an article I posted for publishing tomorrow.  We've also got a newsletter coming out on the 15th and I got Board approval (there are only three of us so that sounds more impressive than it is) to include a plug for the CCDL.  There's only so much we can do but, by God, we're doing it.  

Americans are citizens, not subjects, and we will be treated as such.  We hang together, brother.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, I wasted hours of my time today. Apparently promoting the support of our rights in the HTF's is considered spamming, and they were all deleted.

And people wonder why I won't purchase a fucking membership here. I'd be just as well to send a $24 check straight to the fucking governors mansion with "for gun control" on the notes line.

Sorry fellas, Im fucking pissed. I guess were supposed to hang alone.

Did you get a mod message about spamming?  If not, it might have come across as a fundraiser thread and those need prior approval.  I know because I got - ahem - "pee-pee smacked" for that as well when the recalls started up.  Drop Striker an IM if that's the case - he's an honorary Coloradan after the help he offered us, I'm sure he won't mind multi-citizenship.

FWIW, our new organization, the Colorado Second Amendment Association is highlighting what's going on in an article I posted for publishing tomorrow.  We've also got a newsletter coming out on the 15th and I got Board approval (there are only three of us so that sounds more impressive than it is) to include a plug for the CCDL.  There's only so much we can do but, by God, we're doing it.  

Americans are citizens, not subjects, and we will be treated as such.  We hang together, brother.

FUCKING A!!!!

Link Posted: 3/6/2014 4:01:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

FUCKING A!!!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, I wasted hours of my time today. Apparently promoting the support of our rights in the HTF's is considered spamming, and they were all deleted.

And people wonder why I won't purchase a fucking membership here. I'd be just as well to send a $24 check straight to the fucking governors mansion with "for gun control" on the notes line.

FUCKING A!!!!

Victory or Death.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 4:01:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My dog loves guns, maybe I'll bring him along in his ballistic vest.

I wonder what would happen if my dog loaded his vest with more than 10rnds  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll be there.  

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=61625

Put a sign on him....."my dog has killed more chirren than my guns have"
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 4:42:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 5:51:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll be there.  

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=61625

Connecticut State Police, non-compliant dog?  Make sure he knows to zig and zag.

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 11:01:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Just received word from on high that I've been invited to speak at the rally.

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 11:20:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 12:20:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 8:29:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Actually, I didn't intend for that "A" mark to show there. That's just where Google stuck it after doing a search for "hartford, ct capitol north grounds"

Yes, the rally WOULD be held on the opposite side of the building, on the North Grounds.

I guess it should be right up against the actual capital building, similar to the pictures CCDL has on their site?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/echosix/CCDL_zps196a1f0c.jpg
View Quote

You are looking at the North Side of the Capitol. The grass inside the driveway is Capitol Grounds. The grass outside the driveway to the North is Bushnell Park and weapons are Forbidden, Beware.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 9:59:06 PM EDT
[#14]
You know what?

There's gonna' be a crapload of people crunching around in frozen, foot deep snow, in the rear of the capital building. It didn't dawn on me till a little earlier. Unless we get a major thaw by then.

This is going to be interesting.

Link Posted: 3/8/2014 6:17:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You know what?

There's gonna' be a crapload of people crunching around in frozen, foot deep snow, in the rear of the capital building. It didn't dawn on me till a little earlier. Unless we get a major thaw by then.

This is going to be interesting.

View Quote

It's a month away in April

Unless we get a springs storm. (Common) we are in the clear for snow

Link Posted: 3/8/2014 9:12:05 AM EDT
[#16]
I hope so. Mud is easier to negotiate than the stuff in my yard. Just when you think the snow will support your weight, you plunge through without warning. My right knee is shot and doesn't do well when that happens.

Watching our dog run around chasing after the kids, is a riot. His feet punch through and he faceplants pretty violently. Yet he loves it. Go figure.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 9:56:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Posted in the CA HTF.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 11:02:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Posted in the CA HTF.
View Quote

Thank you!

Link Posted: 3/8/2014 3:26:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone know why they chose this date? I ask because they picked the first weekend of the month, which is traditionally the weekend CT Guard and Reserve troops have our drill weekends. Each month the number of CCDL stickers I see on vehicles at CT National Guard armories grows, so I ask, why pick a weekend when you know potentially hundreds (at the low end here) of CCDL members and supporters cannot attend? I will, regrettably not be there. Wish I could.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Anyone know why they chose this date? I ask because they picked the first weekend of the month, which is traditionally the weekend CT Guard and Reserve troops have our drill weekends. Each month the number of CCDL stickers I see on vehicles at CT National Guard armories grows, so I ask, why pick a weekend when you know potentially hundreds (at the low end here) of CCDL members and supporters cannot attend? I will, regrettably not be there. Wish I could.
View Quote

1 year aniv of the passing of the law would be my assumption.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 6:10:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I figured as much, but one would assume they would want as much turn out as possible versus that date, but oh well. Hopefully if they do this again they will plan it a bit better in that regard.

Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:06:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I figured as much, but one would assume they would want as much turn out as possible versus that date, but oh well. Hopefully if they do this again they will plan it a bit better in that regard.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

per their FB page, it is because of the anniversary of shit sandwich 2.0

and its a good guess that they forgot about the strong following that they have with in the National Guard, and Reserves within CT.

my guess is just an oversight on their part
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 9:46:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Posted in ME HTF.

Link Posted: 3/9/2014 7:58:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Just found out that my new schedule has me off this day. finally working in my favor.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 10:55:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Posted in ME HTF.

View Quote

Modrapos, can you check with VAGunnut and see if we can get a temporary 30 day sticky about the rally going in MA, RI, NH, VT, ME, NY, NJ, and PA HTF's?
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 3:12:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Just found out that my new schedule has me off this day. finally working in my favor.
View Quote

Right on, brother!

Glad you can join us!
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 7:31:09 PM EDT
[#28]
How far is Putnam from Hartford in terms of driving time?  I want to plan a trip to visit a friend and incorporate this event into the visit.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How far is Putnam from Hartford in terms of driving time?  I want to plan a trip to visit a friend and incorporate this event into the visit.
View Quote

You're looking at roughly a one hour drive from the middle of nowhere (Putnam) to Hartford.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 3:31:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Hey guys just a thought, do they have some kind of sign in sheet at the rally? This would be a great way to get an actual head count of attendees. It doesnt have to be anything fancy just name and home town/state?
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 7:02:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Hey guys just a thought, do they have some kind of sign in sheet at the rally? This would be a great way to get an actual head count of attendees. It doesnt have to be anything fancy just name and home town/state?
View Quote

No they don't, and there's no way they can possibly take a head count.  The CCDL is circulating flyers all over creation (not to mention, word of mouth electronically) so noone knows where peopel will even be showing up from, let along how many will be showing up.

Not that it matters, since the media will go out of its way to downplay it as being "a few hundred" like they did last year when it was definitely over a thousand.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 7:17:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

No they don't, and there's no way they can possibly take a head count.  The CCDL is circulating flyers all over creation (not to mention, word of mouth electronically) so noone knows where peopel will even be showing up from, let along how many will be showing up.

Not that it matters, since the media will go out of its way to downplay it as being "a few hundred" like they did last year when it was definitely over a thousand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is why having a sign in booth would help. It would give CCDL an exact count of people showing up (as long as everyone signed in) maybe CCDL could give away some bumper stickers or something to help  incourage people to sign in?
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 7:42:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That is why having a sign in booth would help. It would give CCDL an exact count of people showing up (as long as everyone signed in) maybe CCDL could give away some bumper stickers or something to help  incourage people to sign in?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forgive a supporting Coloradan's tinfoil but... really?  I'm thinking a ready-made and easily seized list of people to investigate and/or harass isn't the best idea.

Perhaps cash $50 into pennies - that would be 5K of them - or other pre-counted and not-worth-stealing chits.  Set up your theoretical booth just outside and everyone attending the rally stops by to get one penny/chit.  Not much of an incentive for fraud or theft and just count up what's left to see how many were given away.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 7:56:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Forgive a supporting Coloradan's tinfoil but... really?  I'm thinking a ready-made and easily seized list of people to investigate and/or harass isn't the best idea.

Perhaps cash $50 into pennies - that would be 5K of them - or other pre-counted and not-worth-stealing chits.  Set up your theoretical booth just outside and everyone attending the rally stops by to get one penny/chit.  Not much of an incentive for fraud or theft and just count up what's left to see how many were given away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not bad thinking haha. I don't think any of us would be afraid to put our name on a list seeing as the state got applications from "most" of us on here lol.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 7:56:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

To illustrate to our friends in Colorado how things work in Conecticut, whenever someone sells a firearm in connecticut they're required to sell them through an FFL, and FFLs file four copies of the paperwork to register them before the buyer even takes possessoin of it.  One copy goes to the ATF, one goes to the state police, one goes to the town where you reside, and one goes to the buyer (which they're obligated to keep for seven years), so everyone from the US gov;t to your first selectman knows you bought a gun.  For years they required people to obtain a pistol permit (which requires fingerprinting and background checks to obtain) to purchase a handgun, but now they've changed it so that you need a permit to buy long guns and even ammo.  Now they require people to register their guns classified as "assault weapons" AGAIN, because apparently being registered already just isn't registered enough.

The state of Connecticut doesn't need to sieze anyone else's list.  They are already so list happy that they have all the lists they need.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 8:06:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Mother of God.  I grew up with that kind of crap in The Bronx but have been out here for 22 years and had forgotten what it's like.  Sorry, guys.  

There'll be another donation next paycheck and I'm including a blurb on the CCDL's legal fight in our group's newsletter this Saturday.  Hopefully it'll bring in more bodies and/or money for the fight.

ETA:  This is the kind of stuff that inspired me to get on the very first conference call about "trying" a recall here - vague remembrances of what things were like back east.  They rammed mandatory background checks down our throats here in 2013, no one's complying and our sheriffs have refused to enforce it (even if you could figure out how) but the longer it stays on the books, the more "acceptable" it will become to the next generation of shooters.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 10:22:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:30:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Question from a NY patriot that is coming with some friends to show support.  I got the gun laws down, any knife laws in CT I should be aware of?  Just want to bring my basic spyderco pocket knife.  Can the clip show?  Before you consider my question stupid, remember I'm from New Yorkistan.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 5:00:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Who's going to open carry?
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 5:23:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

i never do, but think i will that day
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 2:54:33 AM EDT
[#42]
im might have on my dual 1911 shoulder rig on
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 2:44:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 3:07:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

You know all them fuck Malloy decals I wanted to sell for cost, just to spread joy and glee?

I got kicked in the balls over that too. Don't feel bad, it's not just you.

Anyone have connections to a bus, better yet school buses?? That would be the way to park. Also, I'll donate my share for a ride, as I hate to find parking just to have a scum bag key my truck. Yey maybe ARFCOM can help us out with transportation??  They have a few venders, maybe they can truck us in from cabelas or what ever??
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 3:30:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You know all them fuck Malloy decals I wanted to sell for cost, just to spread joy and glee?

Anyone have connections to a bus, better yet school buses?? That would be the way to park. Also, I'll donate my share for a ride, as I hate to find parking just to have a scum bag key my truck. Yey maybe ARFCOM can help us out with transportation??  They have a few venders, maybe they can truck us in from cabelas or what ever??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The kick in the balls you took to give many of us a symbol of freedom to slap on our rides is appreciated ..

Eta. At my club meeting last night another ccdl member was handing out flyers for the rally. He gave out at least 300 of them. More troops!
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 4:09:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I open carried at the rally last April, and had a few people ask me how it was legal since CT issues a CCW permit.  

I set them straight after they looked at their permits.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I open carried at the rally last April, and had a few people ask me how it was legal since CT issues a CCW permit.  

30% there were open carrying.  At least.  You'd think that would be a clue
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 4:16:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Everyone should open carry their .22 ar's
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 4:01:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i tried telling my father this a year ago (mind you, i didnt even have my permit at the time) told him its just a carry permit, he tells me NO, tell him to look on the permit, he does and still tells me NO

he tells me it was different when he got his permit, tell him NO it wasnt, so he digs up his booklet from his class back in the day. shows me the part where it SUGGESTS to CC, and tells me SEE, you have to CC. NO dad, its merely a suggestion

now i deff know where i get my stubborness from

2 polocks both "right" arguing, what a clusterfuck
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 4:04:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

dont feel bad, PAIN

i gave one to a former Captain of mine. he passed shortly after i gave it to him

but god damnit was he happy as fuck rocking it on his f250

it made me happy to give it to him, as he appreciated it a lot

and you should too
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 4:32:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

i tried telling my father this a year ago (mind you, i didnt even have my permit at the time) told him its just a carry permit, he tells me NO, tell him to look on the permit, he does and still tells me NO

he tells me it was different when he got his permit, tell him NO it wasnt, so he digs up his booklet from his class back in the day. shows me the part where it SUGGESTS to CC, and tells me SEE, you have to CC. NO dad, its merely a suggestion

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's pretty easy to understand the confusion though.

Open Carry is such an alien concept here in CT.  Most people, gun owners included, look at it like it's something that only Texans do (Where, oddly enough, it is illegal)

Let's all not get hung up on OC until we get somewhere with the ridiculous ban and mag limits.  As far as I am concerned it is a black and white settled issue.  There will always be people who will argue that the sky is purple even if they know they are wrong.  "Keep calm and carry on" isn't just for the left, it applies to us too. But some folks make this their number one issue despite it's overall acceptance that it is legal.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top