BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 11:50:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 6:07:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Another former nutmegger here - a native actually. CT is about 10 hours away now, but I'll be there.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 6:16:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If it is an assault weapon then you cannot carry on the Capitol grounds.  

You can possess it at your home/property, place of business, range, dealer, or on the property of another (with their permission)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was thinking about carrying my preban SBR

You can possess it at your home/property, place of business, range, dealer, or on the property of another (with their permission)

NOTE: most of what I said in this post is incorrect, please disregard. Prebans are still assault weapons.

----------------------------------------

Yeah but he said it's a preban, so it's not classified as an assault weapon.

I'm not aware of any CT state laws specific to SBRs (obviously federal law applies).

I think in the eyes of the state, it's just a plain ole' rifle. He should be G2G.

Link Posted: 2/15/2014 11:40:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm not aware of any CT state laws specific to SBRs (obviously federal law applies).

I think in the eyes of the state, it's just a plain ole' rifle. He should be G2G.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prebans are still assault weapons.  They're just exempt from registration and transfer restrictions.   All other restrictions still apply.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 4:35:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Prebans are still assault weapons.  They're just exempt from registration and transfer restrictions.   All other restrictions still apply.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah. I see.
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Added flyer to OP.
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 5:10:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Another former nutmegger here - a native actually. CT is about 10 hours away now, but I'll be there.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/21/2014 5:44:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Tagged, and joined the FB site.

I will not be there in person, but I will be in spirit.  You guys and gals give 'em hell!!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 9:48:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It's probably because it's the day after the 1 year anniversary of SB1160 becoming law. That, and it's plenty of advanced notice to hopefully get a huge turnout.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why April? What makes April the month to protest?

It's probably because it's the day after the 1 year anniversary of SB1160 becoming law. That, and it's plenty of advanced notice to hopefully get a huge turnout.

As a comment from a non-CT resident:  You need to astroturf like Democrats.

The huge masses of drum beating communist FSA hippies that filled the Wisconsin state house were inflated by busloads of out-of-state protestors.  Unemployed 'rent-a-mobs' paid for by the unions and the liberal foundations.

Employed, non-Communist Americans are usually to prosaic to demonstrate (that's why Tricky Dick called them the 'silent majority').

Maybe get all those gun companies in CT to charter buses for their workers and their families and pay their workers for the day?  It's what the Democrats Communists would do.

And you need to BUY air time to show the scale of the protest, because the local media won't.  You'll get 15 seconds on the local 11:00 news and they'll show the last three people there like that's all there was.

Study the enemy.  How did they organize against Scott Walker?  How did they pull those huge crowds?  How to they do a huge anti-immigration march?  How does the media make 60 demonstrators look like 6000?

What are their tactics, techniques and procedures?  How can we use them?
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 3:43:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am looking at some flights and hotels for the weekend.  I'll update if I can make it.  Hopefully I'll be able to meet up with some of y'all.
View Quote

Nolo is coming
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 5:41:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Paying it forward...

I use to live in North Branford, Branford and East Haven from 96-03 then joined the Air Force. I am no longer a CT res, but what I have seen happen to the state saddens me. I want to pay it forward to a member here for voting for my momIf you are going to this rally I will buy you this Flag as long as you fly it high and proud.

http://www.amazon.com/Come-Take-It-Polyester-Flag/dp/B000HHEQYM
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 6:07:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 3:52:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I am most definitely IN. Can a Nonresident open carry a revolver there? I don't own an auto that doesn't use Hicaps...
Hell, last time I brought irons into Ct, I was illegal, why break precedent now?
Oh yeah, beerz are on you, Ct guyz!
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 3:58:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I said I'm looking at attending!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am looking at some flights and hotels for the weekend.  I'll update if I can make it.  Hopefully I'll be able to meet up with some of y'all.

Nolo is coming

I said I'm looking at attending!

Great.  

Andrapos will pick you up at the airport.
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Paying it forward...

I use to live in North Branford, Branford and East Haven from 96-03 then joined the Air Force. I am no longer a CT res, but what I have seen happen to the state saddens me. I want to pay it forward to a member here for voting for my momIf you are going to this rally I will buy you this Flag as long as you fly it high and proud.

http://www.amazon.com/Come-Take-It-Polyester-Flag/dp/B000HHEQYM
View Quote

Deal. Ill fly it right under the Boltface flag Ill be picking up from here for the rally.

Ill send you my shipping info a little later.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 6:23:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Wife and I are making plans to come - NY reinforcements inbound!
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 7:05:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Wife and I are making plans to come - NY reinforcements inbound!
View Quote

Sweet

Can you get Hiram ranger and NY shooter to come too?

Link Posted: 3/4/2014 7:21:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 12:25:44 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm planning on coming from New York.  I have a non resident Conn. CCW.  Any issues with carrying to the rally?
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 12:27:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm planning on coming from New York.  I have a non resident Conn. CCW.  Any issues with carrying to the rally?
View Quote

You can carry on the Capitol Grounds, but not in Bushnell Park.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 12:45:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not familiar with the area.  Is the rally going to be in the park or at the capitol?
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 2:05:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm not familiar with the area.  Is the rally going to be in the park or at the capitol?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Capitol
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 3:17:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 3:53:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Caution, because the capitol grounds abut the park.
Don't carry a pistol that is classified as an AW.

No permit required for carrying of long guns.
Don't carry a long gun that is classified as an AW.

Thank you for coming!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Capitol

Caution, because the capitol grounds abut the park.
Don't carry a pistol that is classified as an AW.

No permit required for carrying of long guns.
Don't carry a long gun that is classified as an AW.

Thank you for coming!

Are glocks AW?
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:08:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Are glocks AW?
View Quote

no, unless it has a threaded bbl

and make sure only a ten round mag

glock#1
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 5:09:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Flight booked from NOLA. Arriving midnight Friday and leaving Saturday evening at ~1800.

Fuck 'em and feed 'em grits!
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 6:13:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Wife and I will be there.  

Link Posted: 3/5/2014 6:30:24 AM EDT
[#29]
This is rapidly becoming fucking awesome.

Thank you, guys. I can't wait to shake all your hands.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 7:40:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Flight booked from NOLA. Arriving midnight Friday and leaving Saturday evening at ~1800.

Fuck 'em and feed 'em grits!
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/5/2014 7:40:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/5/2014 8:08:39 AM EDT
[#32]
This thread may explode, boys. I just linked it to every HTF . . . Ooops.

I'm gonna link it to GD via its own thread in another week or so. But not for at least another week.

Downloadable flyer PDF added to OP.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 9:03:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mississippi all up in here.

Link Posted: 3/5/2014 9:58:51 AM EDT
[#34]
See you guys there.

Link Posted: 3/5/2014 10:02:55 AM EDT
[#35]
We need a barfcom pennant so we can all find each other
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 10:09:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I have one on order from the Avilas, hopefully it arrives in time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We need a barfcom pennant so we can all find each other

I have one on order from the Avilas, hopefully it arrives in time.

I will be flying a boltface flag, it can be our own little rally point.

Is there any interest in renting our own bus from Cabelas to the grounds, and back? One trip each way, maybe two depending on the amount of interest?
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:09:02 PM EDT
[#38]
I've been thinking about heading up to the rally from Pa - driving up and back in the same day -

Any suggestions for parking?  

Other than parking, 10 round magazine capacity, no ARs/AKs/FALs and all the things listed in the original post, is there anything else a out of stater should know?  Something all you guys know about, but myself or other out of staters might now know about?

Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:15:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I've been thinking about heading up to the rally from Pa - driving up and back in the same day -

Any suggestions for parking?  

Other than parking, 10 round magazine capacity, no ARs/AKs/FALs and all the things listed in the original post, is there anything else a out of stater should know?  Something all you guys know about, but myself or other out of staters might now know about?

View Quote

I think one way or another, parking is generally going to be a rats-nest. I fully anticipate the city being inundated with pro-2a supporters, and parking being totally overrun.

I myself, if no one else is interested in a bus or larger transportation etc, will be parking at Cabelas in East Hartford and taking a taxi to the capitol and back.

There is also ample parking at the Convention Center, for a fee. If someone else would chime in that would be great, but I believe its only a 10-15 minute walk to the capitol from there. Maybe 20 minutes.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:24:24 PM EDT
[#40]
I can't make the rally (1,900 miles is a little bit of a haul for me) but I'm donating.  I was one of the founders of the Basic Freedom Defense Fund in Colorado.  We were seven guys with no political experience who were outraged at the laws that were rammed down our throats despite THOUSANDS of citizens saying no and were pissed enough to try to do what everyone said was "impossible."  We did it with both the Democrat AND Republican leaderships working against us and trying to scuttle us, hardly anyone giving us air time, everyone trying to keep us from getting our message out.  We succeeded in large part because, when we were flat-out broke (literally - I was down to selling some guns), ARFCommers from all over the country came through and ponied up hard-earned cash to keep us going.

I swore I would do what I could to return the favor so CCDL donation sent.  Good luck, brothers.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:29:54 PM EDT
[#41]
I was just rereading the original post...

Quoted:

Discuss everything in here. Signage, advertising, meets, literature & handouts etc, tables, food, parking - you name it, this is the thread for it.
View Quote

I didn't realize this was only "scheduled" for three hours... Noon to 3 o'clock. But then, nothing's preventing this from being longer.

I have a few collapsible tables and a decent canopy. Is it worth bringing them? I'd have to get there early, which would pretty much dictate a spot, but I don't want to be "that" guy, who chose a shitty location. I'm also coming with at least two friends.

I also plan on making a couple signs, attached to some spruce posts for height.

Link Posted: 3/5/2014 4:20:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Well, I wasted hours of my time today. Apparently promoting the support of our rights in the HTF's is considered spamming, and they were all deleted.

And people wonder why I won't purchase a fucking membership here. I'd be just as well to send a $24 check straight to the fucking governors mansion with "for gun control" on the notes line.

Sorry fellas, Im fucking pissed. I guess were supposed to hang alone.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 4:23:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I didn't realize this was only "scheduled" for three hours... Noon to 3 o'clock. But then, nothing's preventing this from being longer.

I have a few collapsible tables and a decent canopy. Is it worth bringing them? I'd have to get there early, which would pretty much dictate a spot, but I don't want to be "that" guy, who chose a shitty location. I'm also coming with at least two friends.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Discuss everything in here. Signage, advertising, meets, literature & handouts etc, tables, food, parking - you name it, this is the thread for it.

I presume It'll run longer but I don't actually know. A canopy might not be a bad idea if the weather is inclement, and a table if there is a purpose. If its going to be cold I was planning on getting coffee for us and hot cocoa for the kids, and for that a table would be great.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 4:24:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Well, I wasted hours of my time today. Apparently promoting the support of our rights in the HTF's is considered spamming, and they were all deleted.

And people wonder why I won't purchase a fucking membership here. I'd be just as well to send a $24 check straight to the fucking governors mansion with "for gun control" on the notes line.

View Quote

Va left some of them

I just checked

Good work

Sorry you got your peepee caught in the zipper
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 4:35:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Va left some of them

I just checked

Good work

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Va left some of them

I just checked

Good work

Oh, how kind of him.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 4:55:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Where would be the best spot to set up a table(s) and canopy?

Here's a Google image of the area... HERE

Of course, no one knows if a stage or platform will be set up or where.

Link Posted: 3/5/2014 5:02:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Where would be the best spot to set up a table(s) and canopy?

Here's a Google image of the area... HERE

Of course, no one knows if a stage or platform will be set up or where.

View Quote

I believe its on the other side of the building from what you have bookmarked. (The north side) Can anybody vouch for that?

If it was going to be done, I would say at the curb along the parking lot, if Im right about it being on the north side. Just so it doesn't detract from the speakers or get in anybody's way.

You can see a set of steps on the north side, where a podium has been set up in the past for the speakers.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 5:15:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Actually, I didn't intend for that "A" mark to show there. That's just where Google stuck it after doing a search for "hartford, ct capitol north grounds"

Yes, the rally WOULD be held on the opposite side of the building, on the North Grounds.

I guess it should be right up against the actual capital building, similar to the pictures CCDL has on their site?

Link Posted: 3/5/2014 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey, you got a donation out of me.

Did you get a mod message about spamming?  If not, it might have come across as a fundraiser thread and those need prior approval.  I know because I got - ahem - "pee-pee smacked" for that as well when the recalls started up.  Drop Striker an IM if that's the case - he's an honorary Coloradan after the help he offered us, I'm sure he won't mind multi-citizenship.

FWIW, our new organization, the Colorado Second Amendment Association is highlighting what's going on in an article I posted for publishing tomorrow.  We've also got a newsletter coming out on the 15th and I got Board approval (there are only three of us so that sounds more impressive than it is) to include a plug for the CCDL.  There's only so much we can do but, by God, we're doing it.  

Americans are citizens, not subjects, and we will be treated as such.  We hang together, brother.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 4:25:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Did you get a mod message about spamming?  If not, it might have come across as a fundraiser thread and those need prior approval.  I know because I got - ahem - "pee-pee smacked" for that as well when the recalls started up.  Drop Striker an IM if that's the case - he's an honorary Coloradan after the help he offered us, I'm sure he won't mind multi-citizenship.

FWIW, our new organization, the Colorado Second Amendment Association is highlighting what's going on in an article I posted for publishing tomorrow.  We've also got a newsletter coming out on the 15th and I got Board approval (there are only three of us so that sounds more impressive than it is) to include a plug for the CCDL.  There's only so much we can do but, by God, we're doing it.  

Americans are citizens, not subjects, and we will be treated as such.  We hang together, brother.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks for the support from CO
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top