BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:55:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Soon as I learn 308, the 50 will be next. Would rather make a mistake on the 308 than the 50.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 12:00:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For the money you guys are spending I don't see why you don't try reloading?  It is nice to be able to tailor your ammo to you own rifle.  In the long run it's a bunch cheaper.
View Quote

I wish I had the time and room to dedicate to it. I sold all my reloading equipment 15 years ago. Maybe do it again someday but for now I don't get out enough to make it justifiable.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:54:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 5:30:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Just tried to order from survivalops again. There web site is still screwed up. Tried different browsers but gets hung up on the shipping calculations. Anyone know of anyone with close to the prices of survival ops?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:47:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I ended up sending 30 of the 80 API rounds I ordered from Freedom back to them. The brass was too long on 27 or 28 of them. All the specs I've seen for reloading call for a max length of 3.910. I had one that Survival that was 3.912 and the bolt wouldn't close. I probably could have forced it. That was not something I was willing to do though. They sent replacements out before they received the ones I sent. In fact, the delivery date for the replacements is one day before the expected delivery date for the stuff I returned.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just tried to order from survivalops again. There web site is still screwed up. Tried different browsers but gets hung up on the shipping calculations. Anyone know of anyone with close to the prices of survival ops?
View Quote

Did you have any luck placing an order?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:46:38 PM EDT
[#6]
No. He finally called me and was suppose to call me back. Never happened. Gave up.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:27:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I have oredered from Survivalops. Their ammo cycled just fine in my Serbu semi, no extraction issues or rounds stuck to the chamber. I have to admit that the last time I ordered was a little nervous. After I placed the order, received an email with a confirmation. Several days went by and wasn't getting any tracking info. I called several times and it would always go to voicemail, there were no replies to my emails either.

After waiting a few days more I was ready to call my credit card and report the operation but that day the order was delivered.

I did talk to the owner once, and he was helpful. I suspect this is a very small operation; however, their customer service could be improved.  Having said that their ammo worked and looked great.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:03:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I enjoyed using there ammo. Never stuck brass. Had some reloads done locally and can sure tell the difference as survivalops was allot tamer. Hope to have my press next month. Have 4 jugs of WC860 I want to burn up. When I did those reloads, used some of my H50BMG. Good stuff but will load with that after I burn up the WC860.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top