Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 1:25:54 PM EDT
[#1]
That was around the time period Survivalops had some major website problems and lost a bunch of orders. They lost mine also but I reordered when we talked by phone. They mentioned they where able to retain some of the contact info and contacted many people but perhaps your order was not one of them? I would try and call S-ops or the factory (TMI 50BMG) and reorder. I hear they have been shipping ammo.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 3:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I placed an order December 5,  My credit Card got charged December 17.  

I have yet to hear from them or get tracking numbers.

But I have faith they will deliver................
View Quote

I received my ammo December 30 and 31, So it took less then a month to order and receive.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 1:54:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Placed an order this week. Confirmation email received. I'll post back when the ammo gets here.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:40:47 PM EDT
[#4]
i palced an order on friday jan 31st, and charles called me saturday for my zipcode. He said it should ship out monday or tuesday. Very nice guy to talk to on the phone . Ordered 150 ball rnds. If everything looks good i will be ordering some API rnds very soon.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 4:45:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad to see positive remarks about this company. Getting ready to place my order for 100 ball.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I got my ammo today. Still no phone call or e-mail for the tracking number though. I think better communication would help SO a lot. It doesn't seem like he is trying to scam money. The communication just seems to be lacking and sometimes shipping get delayed. Better comm would help with shipping delays though. Better to know why it's delayed.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 6:47:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Had to call in my order. Their web site is having issues with the zip code calculation.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 11:58:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm curious what year others have had for the headstamp. In my can of 150, 75% 2011, 10% 2010, 10% 2009 and the remaining was a mix of 2007, 2008 and 1983. Three of them were 1983.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 1:30:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Had to call in my order. Their web site is having issues with the zip code calculation.
View Quote

The website postage calculator has never worked. Ignore it. Survival Ops will re-adjust the shipping cost before they charge your card. At least that's what they have always done for mine and friends orders.

Communications and speed are not their strong points but they have always delivered. Quality to price keeps me coming back
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 1:30:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm curious what year others have had for the headstamp. In my can of 150, 75% 2011, 10% 2010, 10% 2009 and the remaining was a mix of 2007, 2008 and 1983. Three of them were 1983.
View Quote

Head stamps on my last 140rd order mix of AP, API & Ball. It was all Lake City brass, majority 07, 09, 11 with a few 08 & 10 and one lone 05.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 9:42:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The website postage calculator has never worked. Ignore it. Survival Ops will re-adjust the shipping cost before they charge your card. At least that's what they have always done for mine and friends orders.

Communications and speed are not their strong points but they have always delivered. Quality to price keeps me coming back
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The site kept erroring out so had to call. No answer. Was about to purchase from another site when the called me back. Was surprised.
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 4:17:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I've noticed some bulging on the necks with the ammo I bought. It looks like it was sized too small then bulged when the bullet was seated. Has anybody else noticed this? Here's some pictures. It either circled or has a yellow arrow pointing to it. I also noticed this on one round. there is a small crease/nick right where the neck begins to expand. Would you consider it safe? I probably wouldn't mind too much if it was 223. I'd rather play it safe with 50 BMG though. It has the black arrows pointing at it.

Link Posted: 2/10/2014 11:27:52 AM EDT
[#13]
I would contact them and/or send the photos to them. I wouldn't fire it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 11:06:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Bandito, what happened with your bulging case necks and did you talk to them about it?  I am getting ready to order some ball ammo from them and was just curious.  Thanks!!!

Neil
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 5:24:38 PM EDT
[#15]
My 150 rnds showed up today. Very happy with the quality and price. Will be ordering some API very soon.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 5:05:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Can you see if yours has the same bulge?
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:53:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I saw the insane cc fee on SurvivalOps.com as well. Check with your card company too it is illegal in some states to charge a cc fee. Most banks and card companies will not allow it. Mastercard has recently changed their policy to allow it If you card company or bank does not allow it you can call your issuer and they will do a charge back. Then the merchant has to go through and justify what they sold and for how much. If there is a CC fee on there they ultimatly will not get that amount. I hate to say to do that but it is the only way to get someone to stop charging those fees. It is a bad feeling to get a charge back notice on a $500 transaction not knowing if you are going to get the money for violating merchant agreements. I personally dont do business with those companies but if they slip it in I call the bank.

I was browsing a few other sites that seem reasonable last night. I will probably buy a lot of about 40 to start with and if I like them get some more. Eventually, I want to roll my own with a press and surplus supplies.
View Quote

Here in Florida we can quote a price, with a discount for cash.  Customer pays $103.00 with a C/C, or $100 with cash.  And we are legal, because we didn't specify a C/C price.

Gas stations do this as well, using the verbiage "Cash Discount."

The C/C companies can't do a charge back, and we get to recoup the fee the C/C company charges us as merchants.  In a world of diminishing profit margins, and sales tax inequities, we have to do everything we can to remain competitive.

I'll check this out, since I can buy API and APIT here in Florida, and it would be fun to have some to play with on my friend's private range.

Link Posted: 2/19/2014 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Can you see if yours has the same bulge?
View Quote

i didnt look at them all, but mine look fine.I am very happy with my order. have you contacted charles and told him your issues yet?
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 11:59:15 PM EDT
[#19]
This is the reply I got when I sent an e-mail. I sent a reply back. He hasn't responded yet though. The bulge doesn't go all the way around though. It seems like they aren't being inserted straight or centered. I'm also wondering what the point of sizing the neck smaller if the bullet is just going to expand it anyway.

Speaking to the manufacturer now. The bulge is because the projectile is seated tightly. Because the round is sized down ( Match ) you can sometimes see a bulge. It's fine, the round is still dimensionally sound. We do crimp the projectile tight because we cannot have the projectile shoved back into the brass when chambered.

If my manufacturer ( Scott, TMI ) says the round is fine your good to go. If you would like his number so he can better explain just let me know.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 4:53:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Very happy with my order, just ordered another 150 rnds
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 6:17:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Still waiting on my order. CC was billed 2 weeks ago. Sent an email to see whats up but no response yet. How long did it take to get your order after your CC was billed?
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 7:44:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Still waiting on my order. CC was billed 2 weeks ago. Sent an email to see whats up but no response yet. How long did it take to get your order after your CC was billed?
View Quote

approx 2 weeks
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 3:15:35 AM EDT
[#23]
How does the FMJ ammo compare to PMC FMJ? Has anyone used the FMJ or any other round in a Tactilite upper? Michael at Tactilite recommended using a good quality round, and said he used PMC FMJ as a plinking round in his Tactilite .50's.  Seeing that the price is MUCH lower than the PMC i have seen IF it's even in stock has me eying this ammo.

Any input would be appreciated. New to the 50 cal game and have yet to put a round through my upper. Want to minimize any chance of any sort of an accident.
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 5:28:20 AM EDT
[#24]
I have a Safety Harbor conversion upper and have shot quite allot of PMC through those types of 50's. It shoots good enough in those guns and has been reliable with no extraction issues. I believe PMC is loaded a little lighter than say Federal Eagle which will stick brass in my gun. PMC 50 ball is good all around plinking ammo for the money.

Survivalops ball also shoots very well and I haven't had any issues as of yet but I haven't used it very much. I like it so far and plan to order more because as you pointed out it is priced better than PMC. According to Survivalops their ammo line is loaded a hair light to save wear and tear on your barrel and prevent extraction issues from bulged brass. I would have no problem using it in a Tactilite like yours.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 7:43:47 AM EDT
[#25]
I shot some of the survivalops.com ball out of my Serbu, it has the 26" barrrel.

It was 29 degrees outside and an elevation of about 2000 feet.  Temp and elevation may also impact velocity.

Anyway,  I was getting around 2475 - 2550 fps out of this ammo.

It grouped nicely, but I only shot 100 yards so far.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 8:50:33 PM EDT
[#26]
well i ordered 150 rnds of API on feb 21st and i havent been charged yet ? i have called several times a day and sent numerous emails, posted on there facebook page, left voicemails and nothing .Im just trying to find out if the order went through or not. I dont want to order from another vendor and then have survivalops charge my card. This will be the last time I order from them. The first order went great , and now this. WTF??????? I have plenty of ammo and dont need it but i would like to have it. Customer service is something i look for in a business and they have none.... BUYER BEWARE...........
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 7:49:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Got my order today.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 8:44:05 PM EDT
[#28]
i just sent another email to cancel my order. called daily and sent emails and even left numerous voicemails with absolutely no response.  Crappy way to run a company in my eyes. Sad thing is they have great prices and ammo.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 9:07:20 PM EDT
[#29]
just ordered 150 rnds of API from freedom munitions. Well see how they do.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 10:36:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Every time I tried to call, got the voice mail but it was full. Looks like it took around a month from time they billed my CC. I will wait to fire what I ordered before deciding on ordering from them again or not. When I did get them on the phone to place the order due to there web site screwed up, seems they are doing large orders for someone that takes up there time. Will be looking elsewhere for possible ordering. Wish I could find someone who reloads in minnesota.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:20:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
just ordered 150 rnds of API from freedom munitions. Well see how they do.
View Quote

Did you order the "new" ammo? If so, let me know what brass they used and if everything is new or just the brass is new with pulled bullets. I've thought about ordering from them. The shipping is $40 for 150 rounds though. Survival has free shipping if you order 150 rounds.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:35:56 PM EDT
[#32]
i ordered the 150 remanufactured rnds.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#33]
I'd still like to know what they're using if that's the case. I'm also wondering if they have the bulge like the ones from Survival.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 4:53:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'd still like to know what they're using if that's the case. I'm also wondering if they have the bulge like the ones from Survival.
View Quote

I'll let you know soon, they shipped today.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 11:10:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Any updates on this?  I'd like to buy some API or apit, but it sounds like they still aren't processing orders.  I placed an order last year and never heard anything.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 11:26:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Anyone ever order from these guys? http://www.50bmgsupply.com/ . Can't seem to get through to survival ops so am looking elsewhere.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Anyone ever order from these guys? http://www.50bmgsupply.com/ . Can't seem to get through to survival ops so am looking elsewhere.
View Quote

I've considered ordering from them as well. TMI50bmg.com is where Survival Ops get their ammo. The TMI website is weird though. You can order one round or 1000+ it looks like. It doesn't look like you get a discount with higher quantities.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Just checked out there web site. A little cheaper than survival ops. Only method of payment seems to be cash on delivery. Sent them a message to verify before I order.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 1:05:23 AM EDT
[#39]
I ran across a round that wouldn't chamber in my Barrett 99. The OAL is within limits according to the Hornady reloading book I have. The case length isn't though. It doesn't look like it was trimmed far enough or properly. One spot measures 3.918. The opposite side measures 3.914. The Hornady book says it should be 3.910 max.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:26:16 AM EDT
[#40]
I have ordered from FreedomMunitions now 4 times. I have ALWAYS gotten a confirmation email within minutes and later the same day a shipping confirmation with tracking. The ammo has been consistantly 10-11 heastamp and has been defect free with no pull marks. The "only" issue I have had is the rounds seem to be resized with the necks a little low for my gun. They slightly flatten the primers but eject fine. Aside from that no problems.. In fact I just got some more Ball from them and got an email saying they had some AP and Tracer in stock so that is on the way as well..

All in all I have tried to order from SO and directly from TMI with no luck either time. FreedomMunitions will continue to get my business..

Rick
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 4:49:25 AM EDT
[#41]
I've ordered from Freedom a couple times. I'm not sure what the hell it is with their shipping though. I'll get an e-mail with a tracking number. No progress is made until 5-6 days after I get it and it takes about 10 days to get it after placing an order. UPS ground doesn't take that long. I wish they would hold off on sending out tracking info until the order ships.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 8:39:12 AM EDT
[#42]
So far all of my shipments have shown activity the next day.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 11:03:24 AM EDT
[#43]
I got an e-mail from Freedom and UPS last Tuesday. This is the only thing tracking says so far.

United States 06/17/2014 6:19 P.M.Order Processed: Ready for UPS
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 10:39:37 PM EDT
[#44]
So my last order from Freedom has made it all the way from Idaho to North Carolina with the only scan being the arrival in NC. Is UPS becoming as bad as USPS when it comes to tracking?
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 7:15:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Hey Charles, this is Matt in Texas. Your rounds are running great! Service was spot on (sorry about my screw up). But, we are chucking the ball out to 1200yds on a 24" gong all day long. I think we may even have to put a smaller target out there!
Just an fyi.. shooting an M82-A1 50
thanks again for the great service!
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 2:58:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is where I get all mine. But, I pick up, as I live close. That saves the UPS shipping fees.

I shoot a Watson upper, one of the old ones. with a 41.5 inch barrel. I get less than 1 MOA, with the surplus ball, and I know others can do at least as well, because I tend to shake a bit. And, yes, I HAVE switched to decafe, thank you very much. My range doesn't allow the use of any of the other surplus rounds, so I can't speak for them.

50BMG Supply also offers their own turned brass projectiles, a 750 gr "Sniper Match," and a 739 gr "semi-auto Match," (fits in your magazine) that are most excellent.
Witnessed a 4 shot, 0.5 inch spread @ 800 yards with the Sniper Match projectiles. No, that wasn't me shooting. Did I mention that I tremble, a bit? (Damn picture won't post)

50 BMG supply is a good outfit to do business with. You might find cheaper, but you won't find better ammo, and their quality of customer service, for the price.

Yes, a year ago (after SandyHook) they got way behind in their orders (MONTHS! ), but they are all caught up, now, and ship usually on the next business day from your order.

Now, I will say, that the phones tend to occasionally go unanswered, as the front office lady is not always there. But, web orders are received in the back, and filled ASAP.

Safe shooting, Y'all!

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 4:34:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Will have to check them out. The stuff from survival ops fired fine in my Safety Harbors w/22 inch barrel. Haven't shot anything hotter. Time to order a box to see if any issues.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#48]
I get about 2750 avg fps, on the 700 gn, almost 3000 avg fps with 650 ball.
That's with a 42.5 inch barrel.

Subtract 15 fps for every inch shorter, to roughly calculate your expected velocities.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:18:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Ordered 150 rnd can today at 4:30pm from https://www.survivalops.com  CC was billed immediately. Received an email from Charles At 5:30pm stating order will ship out monday. Now I wait. I'm on the east coast.

Anyone have any good data to put into my BORS for the .50 BMG Steel Core Match Grade 647 Grain ?

-Update- UPS tracking says ammo will be here on 9/15. So basically 10 days total from day of placing my order to my porch from Oregon to Pennsylvania, I can live with that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#50]
For the money you guys are spending I don't see why you don't try reloading?  It is nice to be able to tailor your ammo to you own rifle.  In the long run it's a bunch cheaper.
Page / 4
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top