Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 8:52:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Joey, I've got a newer Outback II-D with excellent condition baffles.  Could I just send you my baffles and Form 4 copy?  I'm a bit gun-shy (pun intended) about mailing such a valuable item that I waited so many months to procure. And what's average turn-around time lately? Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 11:18:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Joey, I've got a newer Outback II-D with excellent condition baffles.  Could I just send you my baffles and Form 4 copy?  I'm a bit gun-shy (pun intended) about mailing such a valuable item that I waited so many months to procure. And what's average turn-around time lately? Thanks!
View Quote

Just send the whole can. Turn around time seems to be fairly short.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 1:33:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#4]
mine arrived today at the shop.  I was nervous sending it.  One more trip.  I hate shipping companies....
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 11:01:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
mine arrived today at the shop.  I was nervous sending it.  One more trip.  I hate shipping companies....
View Quote

capbyrd did you receive E mail when it arrived,Thanks CL
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 11:39:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I did not.  Just know from checking tracking on it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 12:05:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, they got it
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 1:45:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Joey,

Any chance of this policy changing, or is there a legal reason for needing the whole can and not all of the Outback IID baffles?  I trust you guys, but UPS/FedEx not so much.  Since my can is relatively new, I'll probably just shoot the heck out of it and then send it back in a year or so.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 2:03:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Joey,

Any chance of this policy changing, or is there a legal reason for needing the whole can and not all of the Outback IID baffles?  I trust you guys, but UPS/FedEx not so much.  Since my can is relatively new, I'll probably just shoot the heck out of it and then send it back in a year or so.
View Quote

Silencers ship all over the country every day. Thousands of them. How do you think they get from Gemtech, to the wholesaler, to the dealer?

I'm not GT but I would say that this policy would not change.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 2:32:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I didn't ask for your non-pertinent opinion, but thanks anyway for trying to answer a question that only the manufacturer can answer.  Silencers ship all over the country every day, and if a dealer's stock is lost then he/she has a few hundred more to take its place. I own one .22 can, and if a carrier loses it, I'm SOL (yes, I've had two packages permanently 'lost' by carriers in the last ten years, one containing a 1911 receiver and the other an AR bbl). Theft can and does happen- not my opinion, fact.

And I also kick hippies, just for kicks.

Quoted:

Silencers ship all over the country every day. Thousands of them. How do you think they get from Gemtech, to the wholesaler, to the dealer?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Joey,

Link Posted: 1/7/2015 2:56:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I didn't ask for your non-pertinent opinion, but thanks anyway for trying to answer a question that only the manufacturer can answer.  Silencers ship all over the country every day, and if a dealer's stock is lost then he/she has a few hundred more to take its place. I own one .22 can, and if a carrier loses it, I'm SOL (yes, I've had two packages permanently 'lost' by carriers in the last ten years, one containing a 1911 receiver and the other an AR bbl). Theft can and does happen- not my opinion, fact.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Joey,

OK there toughguy. You need to lighten up a bit. Others can have input and opinions on here too. If you want to ask Joey a private question and receive a private response then there is a whole IM system for that.

forum
[fawr-uh m, fohr-uh m]
noun, plural forums, fora  [fawr-uh, fohr-uh] (Show IPA)
1.the marketplace or public square of an ancient Roman city, the center of judicial and business affairs and a place of assembly for the people.
2.a court or tribunal: the forum of public opinion.
3.an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.

Step back, take a breath and watch a soothing video and I am sure that joey will be along shortly to confirm my statement. You need to send in the tube. That is the only true way that they can ensure that they are replacing the baffle stack in that particular silencer.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 2:56:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Joey,

View Quote
It's my understanding that it is more of a legal requirement as to why they need the whole can...

Link Posted: 1/7/2015 3:29:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Joey,

There's something called insurance that one can buy to protect the full value of their parcels.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 3:36:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 4:19:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks Joey.  Will commence shooting the bejesus out of the current baffle stack!!!

Whole lot of self-proclaimed experts here that just can't wait to add their worthless unsolicited 2¢ to everything - makes me wonder if some of them even do any shooting or just surf the net all day, looking to give their special snowflake opinions - nobody cares,  you're not special- just go away.  

Insurance on an NFA item- how much would you guys spend to wait another 7-8 months to get something back that you don't have another of?

And obvious lack of reading comprehension aside, maybe they are also named Joey...and responded believing they were directly being addressed.  Or not.  And now you understand my low post count over the past 12+ years.  Later girls.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 10:36:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Cool.  Looks like there is hope for my old Pilot. I don't shoot it that much anymore since I don't want to fill it up.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:27:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Joey, would you please check to ensure you have an my Outback? I checked the UPS tracking number and it shows :"left at dock" at noon on Wednesday. I have not received an email from Gemtech yet, so just want to be sure it is there. Last name is Moore and it came from Texas. Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 8:44:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Joey, would you please check to ensure you have an my Outback? I checked the UPS tracking number and it shows :"left at dock" at noon on Wednesday. I have not received an email from Gemtech yet, so just want to be sure it is there. Last name is Moore and it came from Texas. Thank you.
View Quote

Mine got there Tuesday and I never got a notice, I'm guessing they're knee deep in packages from the holidays.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 11:51:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Mine got there Tuesday and I never got a notice, I'm guessing they're knee deep in packages from the holidays.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, they got mine on the 23rd of December and I haven't seen an email yet.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 11:59:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Mine was delivered around the 17th, no email yet, but hopefully soon.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 12:26:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mine's a Pilot.  I'm thinking the cans they have to "crack open" are taking longer.  Joey said they've got lots of cores.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 12:54:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Mine's a Pilot.  I'm thinking the cans they have to "crack open" are taking longer.  Joey said they've got lots of cores.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, not expecting my poor lead filled Outback II quite as quick as the IID guys.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 9:06:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Have you guys considered a recore program for your pistol cans in the future?

The Tundra, Multimount, Blackslide, etc...
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 9:47:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Have you guys considered a recore program for your pistol cans in the future?

The Tundra, Multimount, Blackslide, etc...
View Quote

Would love some sort of upgrade for my Trinity. Preferably something with an internal piston like the Griffin Revolution. Monocore SFN-57s are also acceptable.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 10:58:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 11:05:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Current time frame is 2 to 4 weeks right now. We have a whole stack of cores, and are working thru them by date of arrival.
Email notification is having issues, email me direct if you need conformation of your cans arrival.

[email protected]

Thanks guys
Joey
View Quote

Thanks for the info Joey.  Can't wait to get her home where she belongs and test it out.  Here's to hoping it'll be next week......
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 12:21:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Is the new monocore made of aluminum?  This may have been mentioned but I don't see that specific information.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 12:29:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Is the new monocore made of aluminum?  This may have been mentioned but I don't see that specific information.
View Quote

I asked this question a few months back when the upgrade was first announced (in another thread) and Joey informed me that new new core is made of aluminum.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:04:48 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I asked this question a few months back when the upgrade was first announced (in another thread) and Joey informed me that new new core is made of aluminum.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, for the weight they list (around 3 oz) for the entire can, you have to use an aluminum core.   Stainless would be double the weight and Titanium would be at least 4.2-4.5 oz.  

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:06:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:07:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:52:19 PM EDT
[#34]
How are the upgrades coming? I am getting excited.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:31:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Compatible with SWR Warlock - 2006 Vintage?

Thx, FH
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:01:13 AM EDT
[#36]
I have an older Outback that desperately needs the guts ripped out and replaced, but I did not see posted anywhere if the aluminum barrel threads get an overhaul in this upgrade to a more durable thread material like the the Outback-II.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:46:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Anybody got their OB back, what do you think?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:43:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Just boxed up my OBIID and sent it off today. Hope to see it back in a month or so. I only got to shoot mine a couple of times before the IOU program came out.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have an older Outback that desperately needs the guts ripped out and replaced, but I did not see posted anywhere if the aluminum barrel threads get an overhaul in this upgrade to a more durable thread material like the the Outback-II.

Yes.

awesome.  thank you Gemtech.  Sent mine off yesterday.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Are they guys at Gemtech still working on the Outbacks or are they all at Shot Show?
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 4:15:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Are they guys at Gemtech still working on the Outbacks or are they all at Shot Show?
View Quote

They must all be at SHOT.  Heck, I sent an email middle of last week and haven't gotten anything back yet.  My can got there just before the holiday break and haven't heard a peep yet.  I'm hoping it'll ship back soon.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
They must all be at SHOT.  Heck, I sent an email middle of last week and haven't gotten anything back yet.  My can got there just before the holiday break and haven't heard a peep yet.  I'm hoping it'll ship back soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some of us are in the shop and working on the IOU cans - during Shot - IOU love will be on the way soon

Hope this helps?

Joey

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 7:39:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:30:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

So you are saying there is a chance?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a question, I own a Gemtech Oasis pistol. I absolutely love the combination of it and a Ruger 45/22. However, I don't use it much because I'm afraid of filling it up with lead.

Is this something that might be convertible to the mono-core? It sure would be nice to be able to disassemble for cleaning.

Nothing for the Oasis-P currently.

Joey

So you are saying there is a chance?

I'm hearing this might have changed?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Can you upgrade a Thompson Machine Zephyr (not the long version)?

I guess the question is really: Do you consider them a competitor? heh.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:54:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:05:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Thanks PHD, I'll measure the wall thickness and monocore threads when I get home and let you know
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:31:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Well, it makes sense now why my OB2 had become so loud after seven years of love.  Thanks Joey!

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:44:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Well, it makes sense now why my OB2 had become so loud after seven years of love.  Thanks Joey!

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k277/cake5150/OB2noserial_zpsd124f355.jpg
View Quote

Nice pic! What's with the one super-clean mid-stack k-baffle?
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top