Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:54:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I added a clean K Baffle to that pic for reference.

Joey
View Quote

Occam's razor strikes again.  

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:00:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Joey,

I sent an email to you directly on the 11th to confirm that you received my can as the tracking simply stated it was left at loading dock but have not received a reply. I resent the email today (Moore from Texas) to double check. You can PM me here if you still have not received the email for some reason. Thank you
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:00:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:13:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well, it makes sense now why my OB2 had become so loud after seven years of love.  Thanks Joey!

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k277/cake5150/OB2noserial_zpsd124f355.jpg
View Quote

That looks suspiciously similar to my OBII.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:38:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm hearing this might have changed?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a question, I own a Gemtech Oasis pistol. I absolutely love the combination of it and a Ruger 45/22. However, I don't use it much because I'm afraid of filling it up with lead.

Is this something that might be convertible to the mono-core? It sure would be nice to be able to disassemble for cleaning.

Nothing for the Oasis-P currently.

Joey

So you are saying there is a chance?

I'm hearing this might have changed?

I'm going to try one last time to get a definitive answer.

Sorry to yell, but I'm not having any luck getting a reply.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, it makes sense now why my OB2 had become so loud after seven years of love.  Thanks Joey!

I wish I had kept somewhat track of how many rounds went through it.  It was many thousands of rounds, mostly CCI Standard Velocity, RGB, and Fed Bulk.  I can't help but wonder how mine compares with some of the others that have been shot to hell.  Being that it will now be full auto AND 22 WMR rated, it will see even more action than before.

ETA:  I think I may have imagined the whole full auto rating thing, I don't see it on the website and it's not mentioned in the IOU video.  I was thinking of my other 22 can, sorry for any confusion!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:51:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:22:52 PM EDT
[#10]

It appears that there is a lack of communication. I just want to know who is right.

The website says Oasis-P is included in the IOU program, a Facebook post says it is included in the IOU program, but Joey has said here twice that it is not.

It shouldn't be that hard to get a straight answer.

(I guess I should have just emailed PHD, he always seems to know the right answer)
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:06:37 AM EDT
[#11]
How did you get them to send a photo of yours?  They got mine the 16th.  

Quoted:

I wish I had kept somewhat track of how many rounds went through it.  It was many thousands of rounds, mostly CCI Standard Velocity, RGB, and Fed Bulk.  I can't help but wonder how mine compares with some of the others that have been shot to hell.  Being that it will now be full auto AND 22 WMR rated, it will see even more action than before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I knew mine was going to be a catastrophe inside so I asked if it would be possible to send me a pic of the guts once they got it apart.  I gave the serial number in the message as well.  I'm super happy they were able to accommodate that, it's getting framed and put in the gun room in the home we are building next year
Thank you again Joey!

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:58:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the update Joey! Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:43:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Question since I think I may have misspoke in an earlier post.  Will these have any sort of rating for use in full auto 22 LR?  I'm not talking about using it on an AM-180.  I have an M11/9 w/ a Lage 22 kit that has 40 round mags.  I have always used a different can on that but I can't help but wonder if the new G-cored OB2 would be ok to use on it.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 6:20:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:35:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I got my shipping notification today!  Unfortunately, looks like it might have been too late for UPS to pick up before the weekend.  Oh well.  It's on its way, and I can't wait to try it out.  I'm grateful for the longevity that this upgrade will provide.

My can got there on the 6th, but don't everyone get your hopes up.  I sent in an Alpine, I imagine that was much faster to change out than the Outbacks.  I do wonder how many people sent in Alpines.  I couldn't stand my baffles sticking together any more, and decided to spring for the monocore.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:36:46 AM EDT
[#17]
My OBII got to GT on the 6th,hope to see it soon !
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Woo hoo! Got an email on Friday that my OBII is on its way home. The factory had it for a total of 9 days. And part of that was during SHOT Show. Now that's what I call service!
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Woo hoo! Got an email on Friday that my OBII is on its way home. The factory had it for a total of 9 days. And part of that was during SHOT Show. Now that's what I call service!
View Quote

You are doing better than me.  They've had mine since the 6th of January.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 4:03:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

mine since DEC 19
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 7:04:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Really? Sounds like yours fell into the front of the line

Let us know how well you like it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:50:11 AM EDT
[#23]

Sent my Outback in for a rebuild.  Gemtech received it on 01-18 2015

Just got an email with the return shipping number today 02-03-2015.  

My Outback had to be very difficult to open.  It has well over 5,000 rounds with very little cleaning but a tap on a wooden table once in awhile to knock some debris out.  

That's fast service.  I'm looking forward to using my improved Outback.    

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:11:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

My Outback had to be very difficult to open.  It has well over 5,000 rounds with very little cleaning but a tap on a wooden table once in awhile to knock some debris out.  

View Quote

Let us know how you like it.  My Pilot got there on 12/23.  Still waiting patiently.  I'm sure the sealed non-Gemtech cans take longer.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 11:12:10 AM EDT
[#25]

That was  quick.  They got mine the 16th of January.  Yesterday I got sent an email that it had entered the upgrade process and was expected to take 2 to 4 weeks.  

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:25:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Wow! Makes me wonder how the order of repairs are being picked.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:58:16 PM EDT
[#27]
I received a shipping notice today, my Outback II arrived on 12/17. I am sure the upgrade was not easy, there were well over 5000 rounds through the can.

Looking forward to having it back.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 3:44:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:15:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Gemtech signed for mine on the 14th of January and I got the shipping notice today!  
*edit* Showed up today, Feb 6th!
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 7:36:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Got my OB2 back today,might have a little more FRP. GT got it 1/6/15
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 5:59:09 PM EDT
[#31]
A little FRP is acceptable to me as longs as it's not ridiculously loud. The one advantage of the sealed k baffle cans is there is little or no FRP. I'm looking forward to servicing my own can without worrying anymore about filling it up.

After the first shot how do the rest of the shots sound? Comparable, better, worse?
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#32]

Just got my Outback from the UPS man.  Took a week to ship from Gemtech to me.  The can looks brand new.  

Hope to get to the range Thursday or Friday.  I bought some Sub-sonic ammo I'm gonna try out with my regular ammo.  

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:50:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Got an email this morning saying mine was
done awaiting shipping.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 3:39:43 PM EDT
[#34]
I got mine last Friday and it looks fantastic.  I'm amazed they could even get the thing open, let alone replace anything.  The whole 1/4" drive front aperture turned out to be perfect for my new 4" barrel 22 LR SBR upper.  I had to use a mid-length railed handguard to accommodate the thermal sight in front of the optic so the can actually sits back inside the handguard by almost 2."  With that 1/4" drive opening and a small ratchet extension it is VERY easy to install and remove the can that would otherwise be basically unreachable.  Anyone have any ideas on a non-marring 1/4" drive tool?  The steel extension does the job but I feel like after a few uses the ball detent is going to make it look like it has seen some baffle strikes when it really hasn't.  I'm hoping to get to shoot it this weekend, thanks again Gemtech!
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 3:46:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
done awaiting shipping.
View Quote

I got word from Joey mine was in the shipping department last Thursday also waiting to go home..  Still waiting for a shipping notice.  Mine was in fairly early and I know they were having problems with notifications.  Other than communications with Joey I've gotten zero progress emails on the can.  I was hoping to have it by this weekend (Friday's my birthday) but it's looking like that's not going to happen.  I've got an AAC Prodigy that went pending on 11/28 and at this point it might be a race to see which one gets home first.....  Hehehe

I'm currently 22lr suppressor-less and it's killing me.  I'll feel better when some of my new stamps start clearing.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 4:05:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I got mine last Friday and it looks fantastic.  I'm amazed they could even get the thing open, let alone replace anything.  The whole 1/4" drive front aperture turned out to be perfect for my new 4" barrel 22 LR SBR upper.  I had to use a mid-length railed handguard to accommodate the thermal sight in front of the optic so the can actually sits back inside the handguard by almost 2."  With that 1/4" drive opening and a small ratchet extension it is VERY easy to install and remove the can that would otherwise be basically unreachable.  Anyone have any ideas on a non-marring 1/4" drive tool?  The steel extension does the job but I feel like after a few uses the ball detent is going to make it look like it has seen some baffle strikes when it really hasn't.  I'm hoping to get to shoot it this weekend, thanks again Gemtech!
View Quote

Go buy a cheap harbor freight wrench and remove the ball.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Wow,  I have gotten a total of 5 emails from Gemtech.  The first two were for the purchase of the upgrade and subsequent billing and order number issue. Got one upon arrival, one stating it was entering the
upgrade process and the last one today saying it was done awaiting shipping.   I suspect they are ankle deep in  cans!  Seems this upgrade has been quite popular and desired.

Quoted:

I got word from Joey mine was in the shipping department last Thursday also waiting to go home..  Still waiting for a shipping notice.  Mine was in fairly early and I know they were having problems with notifications.  Other than communications with Joey I've gotten zero progress emails on the can.  I was hoping to have it by this weekend (Friday's my birthday) but it's looking like that's not going to happen.  I've got an AAC Prodigy that went pending on 11/28 and at this point it might be a race to see which one gets home first.....  Hehehe

I'm currently 22lr suppressor-less and it's killing me.  I'll feel better when some of my new stamps start clearing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
done awaiting shipping.

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:16:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Wow,  I have gotten a total of 5 emails from Gemtech.  The first two were for the purchase of the upgrade and subsequent billing and order number issue. Got one upon arrival, one stating it was entering the
upgrade process and the last one today saying it was done awaiting shipping.   I suspect they are ankle deep in  cans!  Seems this upgrade has been quite popular and desired.

quote snip

View Quote

I got the one when I purchased the upgrade, but that's been it.  I hope it's already shipped.  I'll give it a day or two and probably pester Joey again to see if it's made it off the loading doc.  I know they're busy.  I know the emails haven't gotten the SPAM hammer as I'm the net admin at an ISP, so it's my mail server.....

ETA-got ship notification today!  Yea!  Thanks Gem-tech!  I'll post pics when it gets here.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 6:41:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
A little FRP is acceptable to me as longs as it's not ridiculously loud. The one advantage of the sealed k baffle cans is there is little or no FRP. I'm looking forward to servicing my own can without worrying anymore about filling it up.

After the first shot how do the rest of the shots sound? Comparable, better, worse?
View Quote

Sounds good after first shot,about the same as before.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 1:35:20 AM EDT
[#40]
got my email around 7:30 pm it will be at my place by Tuesday
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 9:32:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just tracked mine.  It'll be home on Monday.  It's an old AAC Pilot.  I'll be sure to post pics when it shows up.  Wonder how much less it weighs?  I should have put it on a postal scale before sending it back........
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 10:55:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I should have put it on a postal scale before sending it back........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I should have put it on a postal scale before sending it back........

FAIL!
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 2:04:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Just tracked mine.  It'll be home on Monday.  It's an old AAC Pilot.  I'll be sure to post pics when it shows up.  Wonder how much less it weighs?  I should have put it on a postal scale before sending it back........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i know mine was heavy when i send it in

the shipping info on mine say 1LBS  from UPS website
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Just got email with shipping confirmation and  tracking number.  Very excited!

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 1:37:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Got mine back today!

Thanks Gemtech!
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#46]
My wife just signed for mine.  It's home!  I'll post pics tonight when I get it in my greedy hands.....
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 2:58:32 PM EDT
[#47]
well mine wont come in till tomorrow
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Here she is!

Now I just gotta try it out.......
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 8:46:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

oh cool that looks nice
View All Quotes

I'm very happy.  They did a great job cleaning everything up.  When it came in it was packed just like a new can.  Gemtech box, instructions for a GM-22, new case, target, and G-Core patch.  The core slips in and out beautifully.  Considering this was a Pilot transferred to me in 2004 I couldn't be happier!  Jail-broke and a fancy new G-tech monocore.  Such a great deal for old sealed can owners.  I'll probably sneak out in the next couple days and try it out.  I've got an AAC Prodigy that should be clearing the ATF in the next week or two to test it against.  My Sparrow and Spectre are a month or two out.....
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top